|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is extremely black.
(b) She is strange.
(c) She is French.
(d) She is white.
2. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
(a) She hopes all Neeka's days will be this beautiful.
(b) She can't imagine seeing the day through prison bars.
(c) It is ironic that it is such a beautiful day considering where they are going.
(d) She can't wait for Tupac to get out of prison and experience such a beautiful day.
3. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
(a) Near a dark city park.
(b) At D's cousin's house.
(c) At the mall.
(d) At a friend's house where there is a party.
4. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is being moved to another prison.
(c) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(d) He is getting out of jail.
5. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
(a) Dancing with a very handsome young man.
(b) Snorting cocaine.
(c) Singing for the party guests.
(d) Standing on the stage in the amphitheater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
2. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
3. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
4. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
5. How does the narrator describe the prison guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
2. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
3. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
4. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
5. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
6. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
7. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
8. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
9. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
10. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)