|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Beat up Sly and another man.
(b) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
(c) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
(d) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
2. What do the three girls vow to do?
(a) Stay friends forever.
(b) Hide D.
(c) Write D every day.
(d) Go to speak on Flo's behalf.
3. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
(a) At D's cousin's house.
(b) At the mall.
(c) Near a dark city park.
(d) At a friend's house where there is a party.
4. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(b) He is being moved to another prison.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is getting out of jail.
5. Why is Tash moved?
(a) He is not moved.
(b) He asked to get closer to his family.
(c) He is moved to a work camp.
(d) He is harrassed about being gay and Tash cuts the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
2. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
3. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
4. What does Jayjones say about black men?
5. Where do the girls make snow angels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is D's history with foster homes?
2. What does Jayjones explain to the younger children about what blacks need to do to stay out of trouble?
3. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
4. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
5. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
6. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
7. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
8. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
9. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
10. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)