|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tash moved?
(a) He is harrassed about being gay and Tash cuts the man.
(b) He is not moved.
(c) He is moved to a work camp.
(d) He asked to get closer to his family.
2. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
(a) She can't wait for Tupac to get out of prison and experience such a beautiful day.
(b) She hopes all Neeka's days will be this beautiful.
(c) It is ironic that it is such a beautiful day considering where they are going.
(d) She can't imagine seeing the day through prison bars.
3. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
(a) She does not feel well.
(b) She was supposed to go to a birthday party that day.
(c) She has to watch her two younger brothers.
(d) She was supposed to go to the movies with a boy that day.
4. What happens to Tupac when Chapter 10 opens?
(a) He learns his brother is arrested.
(b) He is let out of jail early.
(c) He is sentenced to more time because of hitting a guard.
(d) He is attacked and severely injured in prison.
5. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
(a) Her noisy family.
(b) Her perfect features.
(c) Neeka's brilliance.
(d) Her family's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does going to a juvenile detention center seem appealing to Neeka?
2. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
3. Where do the girls make snow angels?
4. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
5. Who is Daneeka Lucy Jones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
2. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
3. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
4. What did Tash do at church before he went to prison?
5. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
6. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
7. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
8. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
9. What is D's history with foster homes?
10. What does Jayjones explain to the younger children about what blacks need to do to stay out of trouble?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)