|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
(a) They are shot by police without even asking the men questions.
(b) They are beaten by white gan?gs.
(d) They are harrassed by white police.
2. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
(a) It is ironic that it is such a beautiful day considering where they are going.
(b) She can't imagine seeing the day through prison bars.
(c) She hopes all Neeka's days will be this beautiful.
(d) She can't wait for Tupac to get out of prison and experience such a beautiful day.
3. Who is Tash?
(a) A black minister who is too white.
(b) Emmett's father.
(c) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(d) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
4. What does Neeka want to do?
(a) Become a law or math professor.
(b) Become a rapper like Tupac.
(c) Become a model.
(d) Become an actress.
5. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) They are fogging up because he is crying.
(b) He doesn't wear glasses.
(c) To go through the metal detector.
(d) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
2. Where do the girls walk?
3. How does Tash's recklessness get him in trouble?
4. Of what is Tash convinced about Sly?
5. Where do the girls make snow angels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
2. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
3. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
4. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
5. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
6. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
7. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
8. What is D's history with foster homes?
9. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
10. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)