|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
(b) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
(c) The counselor says that D is no good.
(d) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
2. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He is being moved to another prison.
(b) He is getting out of jail.
(c) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(d) He is dying.
3. Who is Tash?
(a) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(b) Emmett's father.
(c) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
(d) A black minister who is too white.
4. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) The end of summer.
(b) Within 2 years.
(c) He has no expectations.
(d) In a week.
5. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
(a) To how slaves were brutalized.
(b) To the arrest of others in Queens.
(c) To Mahatma Gandhi's arrest.
(d) To Mandela's arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
2. Who is Randall?
3. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
4. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
5. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tash do at church before he went to prison?
2. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
3. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
4. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
5. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
6. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
7. Where is D going to live and what do the friends vow?
8. What does Tash ask Jayjones and what does Tash say is the first thing he is going to do when he leaves prison?
9. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
10. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)