|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D learn that the court system has done?
(a) Revoked Flo's rights to be a foster mother.
(b) Decided to send D to her real father in another State.
(c) Approved D's real mother to take her.
(d) Approved Flo's adoption request.
2. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) Within 2 years.
(b) In a week.
(c) The end of summer.
(d) He has no expectations.
3. Where do the girls walk?
(a) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
(b) To the basement where the party is going on.
(c) To an ice cream store.
(d) To a large amphitheater in the park.
4. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The tracks are really rough.
(b) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(c) The train is full of white people.
(d) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
5. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) To go through the metal detector.
(b) They are fogging up because he is crying.
(c) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
(d) He doesn't wear glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
2. What does Neeka want to attain?
3. What quality does Neeka want to have?
4. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
5. What does D ask one late night when she comes to the narrator's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
2. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
3. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
4. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
5. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
6. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
7. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
8. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
9. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
10. What is D's history with foster homes?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)