|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Neeka complain?
(a) Her noisy family.
(b) The way her mother pays more attention to her brothers.
(c) Her brother doing something to get in prison.
(d) Her mother making her come with them.
2. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They both turn 16.
(b) They both turn 12.
(c) They are arrested for loitering.
(d) They graduate from high school.
3. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
(a) They are beaten by white gan?gs.
(b) They are shot by police without even asking the men questions.
(c) They are harrassed by white police.
4. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) They are fogging up because he is crying.
(b) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
(c) He doesn't wear glasses.
(d) To go through the metal detector.
5. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
(b) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
(c) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
(d) Beat up Sly and another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
2. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
3. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
4. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
5. What happens to Tupac when Chapter 10 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is D's history with foster homes?
2. What does Tash ask Jayjones and what does Tash say is the first thing he is going to do when he leaves prison?
3. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
5. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
6. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
7. What does Jayjones explain to the younger children about what blacks need to do to stay out of trouble?
8. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
9. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
10. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)