|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) He doesn't wear glasses.
(b) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
(c) To go through the metal detector.
(d) They are fogging up because he is crying.
2. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It sends him into deep depression.
(b) It makes him decide to change his life.
(c) It enrages him.
(d) It numbs him.
3. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(a) For his school chorus.
(c) A local nightclub.
(d) In his school orchestra.
4. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They need to learn to get along in white society.
(b) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
(c) They are hunted.
(d) They should leave the United States.
5. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
(a) A letter to her daughter.
(b) A letter from her father.
(c) 10 dollars.
(d) 20 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
2. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
3. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
4. What do Tash's visitors have to go through?
5. When does Tash expect to be out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
2. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
3. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
4. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
5. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
6. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
7. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
8. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
9. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
10. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)