|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He is being moved to another prison.
(b) He is getting out of jail.
(c) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(d) He is dying.
2. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
(a) His depressed shuffling.
(b) Any weight.
(c) His stutter.
(d) His swagger or energy.
3. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He is sent to prison.
(b) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(c) He moves to California.
(d) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
4. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They both turn 12.
(b) They both turn 16.
(c) They are arrested for loitering.
(d) They graduate from high school.
5. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
(a) It enlivened everyone.
(b) She does not mention Tash's music.
(c) It made ladies cry.
(d) The lyrics bothered a lot of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Neeka think she could help Tash out of his legal problems?
2. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
3. Who is Flo?
4. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
5. About what does Neeka complain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
2. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
3. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
4. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
5. What is D's history with foster homes?
6. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
7. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
8. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
9. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
10. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)