|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three girls vow to do?
(a) Write D every day.
(b) Hide D.
(c) Stay friends forever.
(d) Go to speak on Flo's behalf.
2. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They are arrested for loitering.
(b) They both turn 12.
(c) They both turn 16.
(d) They graduate from high school.
3. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
(a) She does not feel well.
(b) She was supposed to go to a birthday party that day.
(c) She has to watch her two younger brothers.
(d) She was supposed to go to the movies with a boy that day.
4. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is devious.
(b) He is religious.
(c) He is an effeminate gay man.
(d) He is calm and somber.
5. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Beat up Sly and another man.
(b) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
(c) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
(d) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tash imprisoned?
2. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
3. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
4. How does Tash refer to himself?
5. Of what is Tash convinced about Sly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
2. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
3. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
4. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
5. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
6. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
7. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
8. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
9. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
10. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)