|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
(a) Her noisy family.
(b) Her perfect features.
(c) Her family's money.
(d) Neeka's brilliance.
2. Who is Daneeka Lucy Jones?
(a) The narrator's sister-in-law.
(c) Neeka's sister-in-law.
(d) The narrator.
3. Who is Flo?
(a) Neeka's mother.
(b) D's real mother.
(c) The narrator's mother.
(d) A kind woman who does not want D for the government benefits.
4. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
(a) His stutter.
(b) His swagger or energy.
(c) His depressed shuffling.
(d) Any weight.
5. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is devious.
(b) He is calm and somber.
(c) He is an effeminate gay man.
(d) He is religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
2. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
3. What does Neeka want to do?
4. When does Tash expect to be out?
5. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
2. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
3. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
4. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
5. What is D's history with foster homes?
6. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
7. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
8. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
9. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
10. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)