|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neeka say about Tash?
(a) He has a bad temper, but would not do any more than slap a person.
(b) At least he is out of drugs in prison.
(c) He would not hurt a fly.
(d) He is scary.
2. Where does D tell them they are going?
(a) No where.
(b) She does not tell them.
(c) D decides they should just stay in after dinner.
(d) Back to her house after dinner.
3. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
(a) As a live in babysitter.
(b) To abuse her.
(c) For the government benefits.
(d) To make her work and keep the house.
4. What does D ask one late night when she comes to the narrator's home?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To have something to eat.
(c) To sleep over.
(d) To get advice from the narrator's mother.
5. What does D learn that the court system has done?
(a) Decided to send D to her real father in another State.
(b) Revoked Flo's rights to be a foster mother.
(c) Approved Flo's adoption request.
(d) Approved D's real mother to take her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
2. What does Neeka want to do?
3. How does Tash's recklessness get him in trouble?
4. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
5. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
2. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
3. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
4. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
5. What does Tash ask Jayjones and what does Tash say is the first thing he is going to do when he leaves prison?
6. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
7. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
8. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
9. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
10. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)