|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
(b) The train is full of white people.
(c) The tracks are really rough.
(d) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
2. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
(b) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
(c) Beat up Sly and another man.
(d) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
3. Who is Tash?
(a) Emmett's father.
(b) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(c) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
(d) A black minister who is too white.
4. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(b) He is sent to prison.
(c) He moves to California.
(d) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
5. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
(a) To Mandela's arrest.
(b) To how slaves were brutalized.
(c) To the arrest of others in Queens.
(d) To Mahatma Gandhi's arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sly?
2. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
3. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
4. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
5. Why is Tash imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
2. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
3. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
4. Where is D going to live and what do the friends vow?
5. What did Tash do at church before he went to prison?
6. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
7. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
8. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
9. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
10. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)