|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
(a) He is hospitalized.
(b) He hates Tash now.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is intimidated.
2. What do the three girls vow to do?
(a) Go to speak on Flo's behalf.
(b) Write D every day.
(c) Stay friends forever.
(d) Hide D.
3. What do Sly and his friend testify?
(a) That Tash was the only one in on the robbery.
(b) That Tash has nothing to do with the robbery.
(c) That Tash is the one who kills Randall.
(d) That Tash was in on the robbery.
4. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(a) For his school chorus.
(b) A local nightclub.
(d) In his school orchestra.
5. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
(b) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
(c) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
(d) The counselor says that D is no good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
2. What does Neeka say about Tash?
3. Who is Flo?
4. How does Randall resemble Tash?
5. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
3. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
4. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
5. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
6. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
7. What does Tash ask Jayjones and what does Tash say is the first thing he is going to do when he leaves prison?
8. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
9. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
10. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)