|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D ask the narrator and Neeka one Friday night?
(a) If D can come over for dinner.
(b) If Tash was home yet.
(c) If they would like to roam with her.
(d) Why Neeka's mother looks down on her.
2. Who is Daneeka Lucy Jones?
(a) Neeka's sister-in-law.
(c) The narrator's sister-in-law.
(d) The narrator.
3. What does Neeka want to do?
(a) Become a rapper like Tupac.
(b) Become a law or math professor.
(c) Become a model.
(d) Become an actress.
4. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
(a) A man who will tolerate them.
(c) Her Big Purpose.
5. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They both turn 16.
(b) They graduate from high school.
(c) They both turn 12.
(d) They are arrested for loitering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
2. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
3. What do Sly and his friend testify?
4. Who is Tash?
5. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
2. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
3. What is D's history with foster homes?
4. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
5. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
6. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
7. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
8. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
9. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
10. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)