|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
(a) He does not know why.
(b) They are not given fair trials because the system is too overloaded.
(d) They can't afford good lawyers.
2. How does Neeka think she could help Tash out of his legal problems?
(a) By learning the law.
(b) By helping him make better choices.
(c) By writing her congress person.
(d) She does not know.
3. What does Neeka want to attain?
(a) A published book.
(b) Tupac's level of fame.
(c) She has no idea.
(d) Enough money to hire a babysitter for her brothers.
4. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
(a) She is as tall as her older brother.
(b) She is as tall as Wilt Chamberlain.
(c) She is taller than her mother or father.
(d) She is taller than D or Neeka.
5. How does Tash refer to himself?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tash's visitors have to go through?
2. Why is Tash imprisoned?
3. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
4. To what point does the narration move forward in Chapter 10?
5. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
2. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
3. What did Tash do at church before he went to prison?
4. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
5. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
6. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
7. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
8. What does Tash ask Jayjones and what does Tash say is the first thing he is going to do when he leaves prison?
9. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
10. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)