|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(b) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
(c) The train is full of white people.
(d) The tracks are really rough.
2. Where do the girls walk?
(a) To the basement where the party is going on.
(b) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
(c) To a large amphitheater in the park.
(d) To an ice cream store.
3. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(b) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
(c) He moves to California.
(d) He is sent to prison.
4. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
(a) She was supposed to go to a birthday party that day.
(b) She does not feel well.
(c) She was supposed to go to the movies with a boy that day.
(d) She has to watch her two younger brothers.
5. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
(a) Rikers Island.
(b) Long Island.
(c) Staten Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
2. Why is Tash imprisoned?
3. How does Randall resemble Tash?
4. Who is Tash?
5. About what does Neeka complain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
2. What is D's history with foster homes?
3. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
4. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
5. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
6. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
7. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
8. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
9. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
10. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)