|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
(b) He doesn't wear glasses.
(c) To go through the metal detector.
(d) They are fogging up because he is crying.
2. What is one thing Jayjones says black people cannot do?
(a) Sing in public.
(b) Attend church in peace.
(c) Look at a cop in the eyes.
(d) Walk too fast.
3. How does Neeka think she could help Tash out of his legal problems?
(a) By learning the law.
(b) By writing her congress person.
(c) By helping him make better choices.
(d) She does not know.
4. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
(a) She does not mention Tash's music.
(b) It made ladies cry.
(c) It enlivened everyone.
(d) The lyrics bothered a lot of people.
5. How does Tash refer to himself?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
2. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
3. Where do the girls make snow angels?
4. Why is Tash imprisoned?
5. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
2. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
3. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
4. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
5. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
6. Where is D going to live and what do the friends vow?
7. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
8. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
9. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
10. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)