|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It numbs him.
(b) It sends him into deep depression.
(c) It makes him decide to change his life.
(d) It enrages him.
2. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
(a) His stutter.
(b) His swagger or energy.
(c) Any weight.
(d) His depressed shuffling.
3. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) He has no expectations.
(b) Within 2 years.
(c) In a week.
(d) The end of summer.
4. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
(a) Rikers Island.
(b) Staten Island.
(d) Long Island.
5. To what point does the narration move forward in Chapter 10?
(a) Two years later.
(b) Three years later.
(c) The next May.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
2. About what does Neeka complain?
3. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
4. What does Neeka fear?
5. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
2. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
3. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
4. What did Sly and a friend of his do to Tash and Randall?
5. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
6. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
7. Where is D going to live and what do the friends vow?
8. What is D's history with foster homes?
9. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
10. What did Tash do at church before he went to prison?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)