|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
(a) They are not given fair trials because the system is too overloaded.
(b) They can't afford good lawyers.
(d) He does not know why.
2. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
(a) A man who will tolerate them.
(b) Her Big Purpose.
3. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is extremely black.
(b) She is white.
(c) She is strange.
(d) She is French.
4. Where does the narrator go with Miss Irene one Saturday in the summer?
(a) To interview at a college.
(b) To see Neeka's father in a hospital.
(c) To visit Tash in prison.
(d) To the amphiteater where she had such an emotional experience.
5. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is calm and somber.
(b) He is an effeminate gay man.
(c) He is religious.
(d) He is devious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neeka fear?
2. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
3. Who is Randall?
4. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
5. What quality does Neeka want to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
2. Where is D going to live and what do the friends vow?
3. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
4. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
5. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
6. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
7. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
8. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
9. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
10. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)