|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what point does the narration move forward in Chapter 10?
(a) Three years later.
(b) Two years later.
(d) The next May.
2. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(b) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
(c) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
(d) It is scanty.
3. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
(b) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(c) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
(d) She is supposed to babysit.
4. Where does Jayjones say black men cannot be caught?
(a) In expensive cars.
(b) In white nightclubs.
(c) Anywhere outside of their front door.
(d) In white neighborhoods.
5. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) Within 2 years.
(b) He has no expectations.
(c) The end of summer.
(d) In a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
2. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
3. Who is Randall?
4. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
5. What do the three girls vow to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tash ask Jayjones and what does Tash say is the first thing he is going to do when he leaves prison?
2. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
3. Who was Tash's music teacher and what did he think of Tash's playing?
4. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
5. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
6. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
7. What does Neeka complain about on the way to the prison and what does she think she can do about it?
8. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
9. What has D learned about her real mother and how does she feel about it?
10. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)