|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He is sent to prison.
(b) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(c) He moves to California.
(d) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
2. Who is Randall?
(a) Tash's big brother.
(b) Miss Irene's son.
(c) Neeka's boyfriend.
(d) Tash's piano teacher.
3. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It numbs him.
(b) It enrages him.
(c) It makes him decide to change his life.
(d) It sends him into deep depression.
4. About what does Neeka complain?
(a) Her mother making her come with them.
(b) Her brother doing something to get in prison.
(c) Her noisy family.
(d) The way her mother pays more attention to her brothers.
5. What does Neeka's group share?
(a) A large, picnic-style lunch.
(b) The prison food.
(c) Anger towards Tash for getting in there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
2. Why is Tash imprisoned?
3. How does Tash's recklessness get him in trouble?
4. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
5. What does D ask one late night when she comes to the narrator's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
2. What happens in May with the narrator and how does she feel about it?
3. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
4. How does the narrator feel about the amphitheater and what do the girls do on the stage?
5. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
6. What does Tash look like when he comes into the visitation area and how does he act?
7. What does Tash tell Jayjones about crime?
8. How does Neeka's family enter the prison and how do they feel about the guards?
9. What is D's history with foster homes?
10. What did Tash do at church before he went to prison?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)