|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About nine.
(b) About fourteen.
(c) About twelve.
(d) About ten.
2. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
(b) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
(c) D has a new dress.
(d) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
3. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) D returning home.
(b) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
(c) Neeka hurting her ankle.
(d) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
4. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
(c) Anxious and out of breath.
5. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(b) Quiet and reserved.
(d) Happy and outgoing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
2. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
3. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
4. What is D's biggest dream?
5. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
2. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
3. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
4. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
5. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
6. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
7. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
8. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
9. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
10. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)