|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator always doing?
(a) Drawing pictures.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Playing basketball.
2. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Cuban sandwiches.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Fried chicken.
3. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the summer of 1994.
(b) To the spring of 1993.
(c) To the summer of 1995.
(d) To the winter of 1994.
4. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
(b) Of sounding like their mother.
(c) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
(d) Of wanting him to become too white.
5. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Raises it by herself.
(b) Lets the father take it.
(c) Throws it in the garbage can.
(d) Gives it up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
2. For what is Jayjones known?
3. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
4. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
5. What is D allowed to do during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
2. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
3. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
4. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
5. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
6. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
7. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
8. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
9. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
10. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)