|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) Friday before Thanksgiving.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Thanksgiving Day.
2. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
(a) Sexually abusing a young woman.
(b) Killing a taxi driver accidentally.
(c) Obscene lyrics.
(d) Income tax evasion.
3. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About hanging out with the narrator.
(b) About having a lot of brothers.
(c) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(d) About being an only child.
4. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
(d) No one.
5. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
2. Why does D obey her foster mother?
3. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
4. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
5. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
2. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
3. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
4. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
5. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
6. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
7. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
8. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
9. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
10. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)