|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Gives it up for adoption.
(b) Throws it in the garbage can.
(c) Raises it by herself.
(d) Lets the father take it.
2. Why have several colleges contacted Jayjones?
(a) Because of his high SAT scores.
(b) Because of his athletic skills.
(c) No colleges have shown interest in Jayjones.
(d) Because of his high grade point average.
3. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Stong arms.
(b) Skinned knees.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Instant rhythm.
4. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was a rapper.
(b) He was a football player.
(c) He was a rock singer.
(d) He was an actor.
5. What is D allowed to do during the day?
(a) She is not allowed to do anything, she is on house arrest.
(b) Only go to school and come home.
(c) Go to school and stay for after school activities.
(d) Go anywhere on the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
2. To what famous group did Tupac's mother belong?
3. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
4. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
5. What is the narrator always doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
2. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
3. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
4. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
5. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
6. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
7. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
8. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
9. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
10. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)