|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
(a) Don't like her.
(c) Snobbish towards her.
(d) Very fond.
2. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) The ice cream truck pulls up.
(b) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
(c) The kids won't listen to them.
(d) Neeka's mother calls her home.
3. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That she never had a son.
(b) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
(c) That her family lives so far away.
(d) That she has to work so much.
4. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was born with a brain disorder.
(b) He was really black.
(c) He was not a nice man.
(d) He died young.
5. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(a) Just Set Your Course.
(c) Snappin' Rappin'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
2. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
3. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
4. What is the narrator's mother like?
5. What is D allowed to do during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
2. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
3. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
4. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
5. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
6. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
7. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
8. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
9. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
10. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)