|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he was a smart aleck.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(d) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
2. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) Where they came from and what they are like.
(b) If they go to church.
(c) If they know Jesus.
(d) If they are wealthy.
3. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
(a) Playing jacks.
(b) Teaching kids to jump rope.
(c) Playing hopscotch.
(d) Sitting on the stoop talking.
4. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) They don't have money for the bus.
(b) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(c) They have never wanted to visit D.
(d) D won't let them see where she lives.
5. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) Lincoln High.
(b) He is out of school.
(c) Grady High School.
(d) Washington School for the Arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
2. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
3. Why was Albert named as he was?
4. Why have several colleges contacted Jayjones?
5. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does D say looking at Tupac does to her?
2. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
3. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
4. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
5. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
6. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
7. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
8. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
9. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
10. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)