|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he is black.
(b) Because he was a smart aleck.
(c) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(d) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
2. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) The older boys.
(c) Neeka's mother.
(d) The younger girls.
3. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Join the Army.
(b) Give up basketball.
(c) Work hard at his basketball.
(d) Join the Marines.
4. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) Her aunt lives there.
(b) The pretty trees.
(c) It is no gang territory.
(d) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
5. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About nine.
(b) About ten.
(c) About twelve.
(d) About fourteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
2. How many children are in Neeka's family?
3. What shocks D's friends?
4. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
5. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
2. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
3. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
4. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
5. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
6. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
7. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
8. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
9. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
10. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)