|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
(b) Of wanting him to become too white.
(c) Of sounding like their mother.
(d) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
2. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
(a) Snobbish towards her.
(b) Don't like her.
(c) Very fond.
3. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) She is a very polite girl.
(b) It is better than living on the street.
(c) She likes her foster mother.
(d) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
4. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) He is out of school.
(b) Lincoln High.
(c) Grady High School.
(d) Washington School for the Arts.
5. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the summer of 1994.
(b) To the winter of 1994.
(c) To the spring of 1993.
(d) To the summer of 1995.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
2. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
3. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
4. What reputation does the narrator have?
5. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
2. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
3. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
4. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
5. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
6. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
7. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
8. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
9. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
10. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)