|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four years.
(c) For two years.
(d) Since they were babies.
2. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
(a) She feels angry.
(b) She dislikes Jayjones.
(c) She thinks it is funny.
3. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(b) About having a lot of brothers.
(c) About being an only child.
(d) About hanging out with the narrator.
4. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) The kids won't listen to them.
(b) Neeka's mother calls her home.
(c) The ice cream truck pulls up.
(d) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
5. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Hamburgers and fries.
(b) Cuban sandwiches.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
2. What racial heritage is D?
3. For what was Tupac known?
4. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
5. What is the narrator always doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
2. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
3. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
4. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
5. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
6. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
7. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
8. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
9. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
10. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)