|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
2. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a racist.
(b) He is a star athlete.
(c) He is a genius.
(d) He is a hero.
3. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
(a) The cops stopping black men for no reason.
(b) Letting the white boys win the basketball pickup game.
(c) The class on racism that is required in school.
(d) A suit and college degree.
4. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) She will marry a wealthy man.
(b) She will go to college.
(c) Her biological mother will come for her.
(d) She will become a movie star.
5. What does D think one needs to find in life?
(a) A lot of friends.
(b) A kind boyfriend.
(c) A way to get around the system.
(d) A big purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Tupac known?
2. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
3. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
4. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
5. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
2. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
3. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
4. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
5. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
6. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
7. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
8. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
9. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
10. When does D come back and what happens when the girls begin to jump rope?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)