|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racial heritage is D?
2. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(b) Snappin' Rappin'.
(c) Just Set Your Course.
3. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(b) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(c) To indicate he is gay.
(d) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
4. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She has two brothers.
(b) She has one brother and one sister.
(c) She is an only child.
(d) She has four brothers and a sister.
5. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) Her biological mother will come for her.
(b) She will become a movie star.
(c) She will go to college.
(d) She will marry a wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
2. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
3. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
4. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
5. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
2. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
3. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
4. What does D say looking at Tupac does to her?
5. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
6. When does D come back and what happens when the girls begin to jump rope?
7. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
8. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
9. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
10. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)