Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is D's foster mother's name?
2. Why was Albert named as he was?
(a) He was very light skinned.
(b) He looked like he was going to be funny.
(c) He was born looking smart.
(d) He looked very athletic.
3. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) It is better than living on the street.
(b) She likes her foster mother.
(c) She is a very polite girl.
(d) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
4. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Give up basketball.
(b) Join the Army.
(c) Work hard at his basketball.
(d) Join the Marines.
5. What reputation does the narrator have?
(a) She is selfish.
(b) She is dumb.
(c) She is athletic.
(d) She is a brainy nerd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hassles Jayjones?
2. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
3. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
4. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
5. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
2. What kind of offers does Jayjones receive from colleges and what does he decide to do and why?
3. What is D's history with foster homes?
4. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
5. What did Tash do at church before he went to prison?
6. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
7. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
8. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
9. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
10. What do Neeka and the narrator do when they come home after being with D in Chapter 11?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)