|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) She will become a movie star.
(b) She will marry a wealthy man.
(c) Her biological mother will come for her.
(d) She will go to college.
2. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) The ice cream truck pulls up.
(b) The kids won't listen to them.
(c) Neeka's mother calls her home.
(d) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
3. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
(a) D's bad choices.
(b) How wonderful life is.
(c) Whether guns should be outlawed.
(d) D's influence on her life.
4. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(b) About hanging out with the narrator.
(c) About having a lot of brothers.
(d) About being an only child.
5. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
(a) Release an album.
(b) Play basketball for the prison team.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Get a college degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school does Jayjones attend?
2. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
3. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
4. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
5. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
2. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
3. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
4. When does D come back and what happens when the girls begin to jump rope?
5. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
6. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
7. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
8. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
9. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
10. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)