|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) In jail.
(d) Living with his father.
2. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
(b) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
(c) Pretty girls eat wings.
(d) Pretty girls don't like fries.
3. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
(a) Odd ones.
(b) Bright ones.
(c) Raggedy ones.
(d) The height of fashion.
4. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was born with a brain disorder.
(b) He was really black.
(c) He died young.
(d) He was not a nice man.
5. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
2. What shocks D's friends?
3. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
4. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
5. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
2. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
3. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
4. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
5. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
6. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
7. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
8. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
9. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
10. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)