|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(d) Because he was a smart aleck.
2. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a star athlete.
(b) He is a racist.
(c) He is a hero.
(d) He is a genius.
3. How did the narrator see Tupac?
(a) As a violent gang member.
(b) As someone who wrote hateful songs.
(c) As a truly great ball player.
(d) As a hero and survivor.
4. How many children are in Neeka's family?
5. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they go to church.
(b) If they are wealthy.
(c) If they know Jesus.
(d) Where they came from and what they are like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hassles Jayjones?
2. What is the narrator's mother like?
3. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
4. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
5. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
2. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
3. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
4. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
5. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
6. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
7. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
8. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
9. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
10. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)