|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) For two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Since they were babies.
(d) Four years.
2. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(c) She feels angry.
(d) She dislikes Jayjones.
3. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a rock singer.
(c) He was a football player.
(d) He was a rapper.
4. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a hero.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is a star athlete.
(d) He is a racist.
5. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(b) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(c) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
(d) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
2. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
3. Why is Tash in jail?
4. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
5. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
2. What does Jayjones explain to the younger children about what blacks need to do to stay out of trouble?
3. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
4. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
5. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
6. What is D's history with foster homes?
7. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
8. What shocks Neeka and the narrator while listening to music and preparing for Tash's welcome home party? What do they learn about D?
9. What happens to Tupac after he recovers, how does the narrator feel about the evidence and to what does she relate it?
10. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)