|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
(a) A new set of posh condos being built down the street.
(b) Tupac's trial.
(c) About the inequality of the races in college success.
(d) Of the hisher rent limits being considered.
2. What is D's foster mother's name?
3. Why was Albert named as he was?
(a) He looked like he was going to be funny.
(b) He was very light skinned.
(c) He looked very athletic.
(d) He was born looking smart.
4. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) A drug runner.
(b) A hate mongrel.
(c) An unlucky dude.
(d) A gangster.
5. Who hassles Jayjones?
(a) A janitor.
(b) The mall security guard.
(c) Some older boys.
(d) A cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
2. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
3. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
4. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
5. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
2. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
3. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
4. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
5. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
6. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
7. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
8. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
9. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
10. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)