|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) Neeka hurting her ankle.
(b) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
(c) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
(d) D returning home.
2. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of what could have been.
(b) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(c) Of the narrator's father.
(d) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
3. For what is Jayjones known?
(a) Playing football.
(b) Being a straight A student.
(c) Playing basketball.
(d) Having a car.
4. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
5. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Work hard at his basketball.
(b) Join the Marines.
(c) Give up basketball.
(d) Join the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks D's friends?
2. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
3. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
4. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
5. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
2. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
3. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
4. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
5. What does D say looking at Tupac does to her?
6. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
7. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
8. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
9. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
10. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)