|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her freedom to roam the city.
(b) Her large family.
(c) Her coppery hair.
(d) Her clothes.
2. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
(b) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(c) Because he is black.
(d) Because he was a smart aleck.
3. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(a) Just Set Your Course.
(b) Snappin' Rappin'.
4. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her foster mother.
(c) Her biological mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
(a) Play basketball for the prison team.
(b) Release an album.
(c) Get a college degree.
(d) Write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tash in jail?
2. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
3. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
4. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
5. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
2. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
3. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
4. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
5. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
6. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
7. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
8. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
9. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
10. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)