|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's mother like?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) Loving but is mostly gone.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) Nice enough but standoffish.
2. How many children are in Neeka's family?
3. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
(a) D's bad choices.
(b) How wonderful life is.
(c) Whether guns should be outlawed.
(d) D's influence on her life.
4. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(b) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(c) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(d) To indicate he is gay.
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) In Two, Out One.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) Seven jump spin.
(d) Double Dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
2. What is D's foster mother's name?
3. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
4. To what famous group did Tupac's mother belong?
5. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
2. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
3. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
4. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
5. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
6. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
7. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
8. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
9. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
10. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)