|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Fights about turns.
(b) Instant rhythm.
(c) Skinned knees.
(d) Stong arms.
2. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(b) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
(c) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(d) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
3. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Raises it by herself.
(b) Lets the father take it.
(c) Throws it in the garbage can.
(d) Gives it up for adoption.
4. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Work hard at his basketball.
(b) Join the Marines.
(c) Join the Army.
(d) Give up basketball.
5. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To make certain that D has enough food.
(b) To find out if D is a classmate.
(c) To find out if D is homeless.
(d) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
2. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
3. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
4. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
5. What school does Jayjones attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
2. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
3. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
4. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
5. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
6. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
7. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
8. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
9. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
10. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)