|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
(a) Jacks are for babies.
(b) The sidewalk is too cracked to play hopscotch.
(c) The baby brother is a lot of trouble.
(d) Everyone has to learn jump rope on her own.
2. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About ten.
(b) About fourteen.
(c) About twelve.
(d) About nine.
3. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
(b) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
(c) D has a new dress.
(d) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
4. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
(a) Get a college degree.
(b) Release an album.
(c) Play basketball for the prison team.
(d) Write a book.
5. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was not a nice man.
(b) He was born with a brain disorder.
(c) He died young.
(d) He was really black.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
2. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
3. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
4. Why was Albert named as he was?
5. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
2. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
3. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
4. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
5. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
6. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
7. What does Jayjones bring home for the girls to eat and what does he say to D about the food?
8. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
9. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
10. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)