|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is D allowed to do during the day?
(a) Go to school and stay for after school activities.
(b) She is not allowed to do anything, she is on house arrest.
(c) Only go to school and come home.
(d) Go anywhere on the bus.
2. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About ten.
(b) About fourteen.
(c) About nine.
(d) About twelve.
3. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(a) Just Set Your Course.
(d) Snappin' Rappin'.
4. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
(a) Anxious and out of breath.
5. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She has one brother and one sister.
(b) She has two brothers.
(c) She is an only child.
(d) She has four brothers and a sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
2. Why have several colleges contacted Jayjones?
3. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
4. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
5. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
2. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
3. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
4. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
5. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
6. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
7. When does D come back and what happens when the girls begin to jump rope?
8. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
9. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
10. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)