|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Neeka's second brother's name?`
2. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) To indicate he is gay.
(b) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(c) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(d) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
3. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) Since they were babies.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four years.
(d) For two years.
4. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
(a) Don't like her.
(c) Snobbish towards her.
(d) Very fond.
5. Who is Digital Underground?
(a) A group from Tupac's early days as an entertainer.
(b) The group accused of shooting Tupac.
(c) The group to which the girl who accuses Tupace belongs.
(d) The group to which Tupac currently belongs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
2. For what does D envy Neeka?
3. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
4. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
5. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
2. When does D come back and what happens when the girls begin to jump rope?
3. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
4. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
5. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
6. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
7. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
8. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
9. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
10. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)