|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
(b) To find out if D is a classmate.
(c) To find out if D is homeless.
(d) To make certain that D has enough food.
2. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
(a) D's bad choices.
(b) Whether guns should be outlawed.
(c) D's influence on her life.
(d) How wonderful life is.
3. What is D's foster mother's name?
4. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
(a) Letting the white boys win the basketball pickup game.
(b) The class on racism that is required in school.
(c) A suit and college degree.
(d) The cops stopping black men for no reason.
5. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
(a) Very fond.
(b) Snobbish towards her.
(c) Don't like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
2. What is D's biggest dream?
3. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
4. For what is Jayjones known?
5. What is Neeka's mother like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
2. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
3. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
4. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
5. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
6. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
7. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
8. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
9. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
10. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)