|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator see Tupac?
(a) As a hero and survivor.
(b) As a violent gang member.
(c) As someone who wrote hateful songs.
(d) As a truly great ball player.
2. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Hamburgers and fries.
(c) Cuban sandwiches.
(d) Fried chicken.
3. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
(a) Albert Louis-Jean.
(b) Albert Brooks.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Albert Schweitzer.
4. What is D's foster mother's name?
5. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D has more freedom than the other two.
(b) D knows how to flirt better.
(c) D is maturing physically faster.
(d) D is the new girl on the block.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
2. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
3. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
4. What racial heritage is D?
5. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
2. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
3. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
4. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
5. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
6. When does D come back and what happens when the girls begin to jump rope?
7. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
8. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
9. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
10. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)