|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
(a) They live across the hall from each other.
(b) Even though they live a few miles from each other they go to the same school.
(c) Their mothers went to school together.
(d) They live on the same block.
2. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
(b) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(c) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(d) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
3. What is the narrator always doing?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Drawing pictures.
4. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She admires her.
(b) She doesn't know her mother.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She has no feelings about her.
5. Who is Digital Underground?
(a) The group to which Tupac currently belongs.
(b) A group from Tupac's early days as an entertainer.
(c) The group accused of shooting Tupac.
(d) The group to which the girl who accuses Tupace belongs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
2. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
3. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
4. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
5. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
2. What does Neeka's family do while visiting with Tash and what does Miss Irene say about his lawyer? What does Tash tell her?
3. What kind of outlandish rumors does the narrator hear about Tupac and what does she visualize that makes her feel good?
4. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
5. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
6. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
7. Where is D going to live and what do the friends vow?
8. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
9. In Chapter 11, what does D ask the narrator and Neeka if they want to do, what is their response?
10. How does Jayjones act when he comes back from Georgetown and what does the narrator observe about him?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)