|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator see Tupac?
(a) As a truly great ball player.
(b) As a hero and survivor.
(c) As someone who wrote hateful songs.
(d) As a violent gang member.
2. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) The kids won't listen to them.
(b) Neeka's mother calls her home.
(c) The ice cream truck pulls up.
(d) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
3. What does D think one needs to find in life?
(a) A way to get around the system.
(b) A lot of friends.
(c) A kind boyfriend.
(d) A big purpose.
4. What is Neeka's second brother's name?`
5. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her biological mother.
(c) Her foster mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
2. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
3. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
4. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
5. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
2. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
3. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
4. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
5. When does D come back and what happens when the girls begin to jump rope?
6. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
7. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
8. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
9. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
10. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)