|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's mother like?
(a) Loving but is mostly gone.
(b) Nice enough but standoffish.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) An alcoholic.
2. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her foster mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her biological mother.
3. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About twelve.
(b) About fourteen.
(c) About nine.
(d) About ten.
4. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That she has to work so much.
(b) That her family lives so far away.
(c) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
(d) That she never had a son.
5. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a rock singer.
(c) He was a rapper.
(d) He was a football player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is D's foster mother's name?
2. What racial heritage is D?
3. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
4. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
5. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
2. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
3. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
4. What does the narrator's mother question her about concerning D, what is the narrator's response and then her mother's response to the narrator's answer?
5. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
6. What does Neeka interrogate D about when they meet and why did D come to their street?
7. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
8. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
9. How does D describe herself and why do Neeka and the narrator envy her? What does D envy about Neeka?
10. How long has the narrator known Neeka and how did they meet D?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)