|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Cuban sandwiches.
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Fried chicken.
2. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) For two years.
(b) Since they were babies.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four years.
3. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The older boys.
(b) The narrator's mother.
(c) The younger girls.
(d) Neeka's mother.
4. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Watching gangs fight on the street.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Watching music videos.
(d) Watching a basketball game.
5. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
(b) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(c) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(d) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does D feel about her mother?
2. Why is Tash in jail?
3. What is Neeka's mother like?
4. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
5. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
2. What does D say looking at Tupac does to her?
3. What do the narrator and Neeka envy about D and what does Neeka ask D to bring the next time she comes?
4. What does Neeka say to Jayjones when he tells her what happened to him at the park?
5. Who is Jayjones, why is he known at school and what does he want to do with his life?
6. For whom is Albert named and why does the narrator question this choice?
7. What does the narrator and her mother discuss from the newspaper in Chapter 6 and what do they decide?
8. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
9. What do the narrator and Neeka hear on the news about Tupac in Chapter 7 and how do the girls react? What does the narrator's mother say about it?
10. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)