|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) D returning home.
(b) Neeka hurting her ankle.
(c) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
(d) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
2. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(b) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
(c) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
(d) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
3. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
(a) Albert Brooks.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Albert Louis-Jean.
(d) Albert Schweitzer.
4. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was a rock singer.
(b) He was a rapper.
(c) He was a football player.
(d) He was an actor.
5. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She doesn't know her mother.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She has no feelings about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D think one needs to find in life?
2. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
3. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
4. What is the narrator always doing?
5. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
2. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
3. What does Neeka say she wants to do when she grows up?
4. Who is Neeka's other brother and why do Neeka and the narrator dislike the homophobic rap songs? Where is this brother?
5. How does Miss Irene react to the photographer in Chapter 15?
6. What are the narrator and Neeka trying to teach the younger children and how does that end?
7. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
8. Where does D have the girls get off the bus and how do they feel about entering the place where she has brought them?
9. How was Tash as far as dating and who did he fall for right before he went to prison, what was the man like and what did Tash convince himself about the man?
10. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)