|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(b) About hanging out with the narrator.
(c) About having a lot of brothers.
(d) About being an only child.
2. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
(a) October, 1993.
(b) December, 1995.
(c) November, 1994.
(d) August, 1992.
3. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
(a) He was indifferent to her.
(b) He didn't respect her.
(c) He loved her very much.
(d) He hated her.
4. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Instant rhythm.
(b) Stong arms.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Skinned knees.
5. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
(a) A suit and college degree.
(b) Letting the white boys win the basketball pickup game.
(c) The class on racism that is required in school.
(d) The cops stopping black men for no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
2. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
3. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
4. What does D think one needs to find in life?
5. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jayjones arrive at the house breathless in Chapter 5?
2. What other children are in Neeka's family and how many of them are there?
3. For what does the narrator have a reputation?
4. What does D say is the reason she loves Tupac and how do the narrator and Neeka feel about what she says?
5. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
6. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
7. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
8. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
9. What does the narrator's mother give her for her birthday?
10. What does Jayjones tell the girls about him and Tupac?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)