|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is white.
(b) She is extremely black.
(c) She is strange.
(d) She is French.
2. For how long is Tupac sentenced?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Up to 4 1/2 years.
(d) 60 days.
3. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
(b) It is scanty.
(c) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(d) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
4. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) He has no expectations.
(b) In a week.
(c) Within 2 years.
(d) The end of summer.
5. What does D ask one late night when she comes to the narrator's home?
(a) To sleep over.
(b) To get advice from the narrator's mother.
(c) To have something to eat.
(d) To borrow money.
6. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The train is full of white people.
(b) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(c) The tracks are really rough.
(d) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
7. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
(a) It made ladies cry.
(b) She does not mention Tash's music.
(c) The lyrics bothered a lot of people.
(d) It enlivened everyone.
8. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They are arrested for loitering.
(b) They graduate from high school.
(c) They both turn 12.
(d) They both turn 16.
9. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) Long Island.
(d) Rikers Island.
10. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
(a) To show the counselfor that she was tough.
(b) To find her birth mother who would love her.
(c) To be the perfect child.
(d) To find her birth father who would love her.
11. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
(b) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(c) She is supposed to babysit.
(d) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
12. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
(a) 20 dollars.
(b) 10 dollars.
(c) A letter to her daughter.
(d) A letter from her father.
13. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
(a) They are harrassed by white police.
(c) They are beaten by white gan?gs.
(d) They are shot by police without even asking the men questions.
14. What do the three girls vow to do?
(a) Hide D.
(b) Write D every day.
(c) Go to speak on Flo's behalf.
(d) Stay friends forever.
15. Of what is Tash convinced about Sly?
(a) That he is a racist.
(b) That he is gay.
(c) That he is wealthy.
(d) That he is corrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls walk?
2. About what does Neeka complain?
3. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
4. How does Neeka think she could help Tash out of his legal problems?
5. Why is Tash moved?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)