|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tash moved?
(a) He asked to get closer to his family.
(b) He is not moved.
(c) He is harrassed about being gay and Tash cuts the man.
(d) He is moved to a work camp.
2. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is strange.
(b) She is French.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is extremely black.
3. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It makes him decide to change his life.
(b) It sends him into deep depression.
(c) It enrages him.
(d) It numbs him.
4. About what does Neeka complain?
(a) Her noisy family.
(b) The way her mother pays more attention to her brothers.
(c) Her brother doing something to get in prison.
(d) Her mother making her come with them.
5. Why is Tash imprisoned?
(a) As an accomplish to murder.
(b) For assault on a police officer.
(c) As an accomplice to assault and robbery.
(d) For illegal drugs.
6. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(b) He is being moved to another prison.
(c) He is getting out of jail.
(d) He is dying.
7. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
(a) Rejection from the college.
(b) The pitying glaces of white people.
(c) Hearing Miss Irene talk on and on.
(d) A poor breakfast and long train and bus rides.
8. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
(b) The counselor says that D is no good.
(c) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
(d) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
9. What does Neeka want to do?
(a) Become a model.
(b) Become a law or math professor.
(c) Become a rapper like Tupac.
(d) Become an actress.
10. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
(a) Cold and aloof.
(b) Alone and seemingly friendless.
(d) Acts like a Queen.
11. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
(b) A man who will tolerate them.
(c) Her Big Purpose.
12. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
(b) He does not know why.
(c) They can't afford good lawyers.
(d) They are not given fair trials because the system is too overloaded.
13. What does Neeka say about Tash?
(a) He would not hurt a fly.
(b) He has a bad temper, but would not do any more than slap a person.
(c) At least he is out of drugs in prison.
(d) He is scary.
14. What quality does Neeka want to have?
(a) She does not say.
(d) Sex appeal.
15. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
(b) They are hunted.
(c) They should leave the United States.
(d) They need to learn to get along in white society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
2. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
3. What is one thing Jayjones says black people cannot do?
4. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
5. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)