|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) It is scanty.
(b) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
(c) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(d) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
2. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) He doesn't wear glasses.
(b) They are fogging up because he is crying.
(c) To go through the metal detector.
(d) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
3. Who is Tash?
(a) Emmett's father.
(b) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(c) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
(d) A black minister who is too white.
4. What is one thing Jayjones says black people cannot do?
(a) Attend church in peace.
(b) Walk too fast.
(c) Look at a cop in the eyes.
(d) Sing in public.
5. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is devious.
(b) He is an effeminate gay man.
(c) He is calm and somber.
(d) He is religious.
6. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(b) The train is full of white people.
(c) The tracks are really rough.
(d) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
7. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It sends him into deep depression.
(b) It numbs him.
(c) It makes him decide to change his life.
(d) It enrages him.
8. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They both turn 16.
(b) They are arrested for loitering.
(c) They graduate from high school.
(d) They both turn 12.
9. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
(b) Beat up Sly and another man.
(c) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
(d) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
10. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
(a) 10 dollars.
(b) 20 dollars.
(c) A letter to her daughter.
(d) A letter from her father.
11. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He hates Tash now.
(c) He is hospitalized.
(d) He is intimidated.
12. What does Neeka fear?
(a) Her mother finding out.
(b) Being beaten or raped.
(c) Being arrested.
13. Who does Tash say he will repay?
(b) His brother.
(c) Miss Irene.
(d) The judge who sent him there.
14. To what point does the narration move forward in Chapter 10?
(a) Three years later.
(b) Two years later.
(c) The next May.
15. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
(a) She can't imagine seeing the day through prison bars.
(b) She hopes all Neeka's days will be this beautiful.
(c) It is ironic that it is such a beautiful day considering where they are going.
(d) She can't wait for Tupac to get out of prison and experience such a beautiful day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
2. How does the narrator describe the prison guards?
3. Where do the girls make snow angels?
4. What does Sly convince Tash to do?
5. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)