|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Tupac sentenced?
(a) 60 days.
(b) 1 year.
(c) Up to 4 1/2 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is strange.
(b) She is French.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is extremely black.
3. What does Neeka say about Tash?
(a) He is scary.
(b) He would not hurt a fly.
(c) At least he is out of drugs in prison.
(d) He has a bad temper, but would not do any more than slap a person.
4. Why does going to a juvenile detention center seem appealing to Neeka?
(a) To show solidarity with Tash.
(b) She would be horrified to go to such a place.
(c) For some peace and quiet.
(d) Because then her mother couldn't make her babysit.
5. Who is Randall?
(a) Tash's piano teacher.
(b) Miss Irene's son.
(c) Neeka's boyfriend.
(d) Tash's big brother.
6. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
(a) Any weight.
(b) His swagger or energy.
(c) His depressed shuffling.
(d) His stutter.
7. What happens to Tupac when Chapter 10 opens?
(a) He is attacked and severely injured in prison.
(b) He is let out of jail early.
(c) He is sentenced to more time because of hitting a guard.
(d) He learns his brother is arrested.
8. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(a) For his school chorus.
(c) In his school orchestra.
(d) A local nightclub.
9. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
(a) Her family's money.
(b) Neeka's brilliance.
(c) Her perfect features.
(d) Her noisy family.
10. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
(a) To abuse her.
(b) To make her work and keep the house.
(c) As a live in babysitter.
(d) For the government benefits.
11. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
(a) The soft sound of prison gates locking.
(b) The sound of the silence while waiting to be called in to see Tash.
(c) The sound of a mother crying for her imprisoned son.
(d) The sound of a grown man crying from abuse in prison.
12. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
(a) Rikers Island.
(b) Staten Island.
(c) Long Island.
13. What do the three girls vow to do?
(a) Go to speak on Flo's behalf.
(b) Stay friends forever.
(c) Write D every day.
(d) Hide D.
14. Who does Tash say he will repay?
(a) Miss Irene.
(c) The judge who sent him there.
(d) His brother.
15. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
(a) Standing on the stage in the amphitheater.
(b) Singing for the party guests.
(c) Snorting cocaine.
(d) Dancing with a very handsome young man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
2. Where does D tell them they are going?
3. Why is Tash imprisoned?
4. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
5. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)