|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daneeka Lucy Jones?
(a) The narrator's sister-in-law.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Neeka's sister-in-law.
2. Why is Tash imprisoned?
(a) For illegal drugs.
(b) As an accomplish to murder.
(c) As an accomplice to assault and robbery.
(d) For assault on a police officer.
3. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
(a) To make her work and keep the house.
(b) For the government benefits.
(c) To abuse her.
(d) As a live in babysitter.
4. What do Tash's visitors have to go through?
(a) A strip search.
(b) A lecture on the justice system.
(c) A metal detector.
(d) A brief lecture on what they can and can't do.
5. Where do the girls walk?
(a) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
(b) To a large amphitheater in the park.
(c) To an ice cream store.
(d) To the basement where the party is going on.
6. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) The end of summer.
(b) In a week.
(c) He has no expectations.
(d) Within 2 years.
7. Who is Randall?
(a) Neeka's boyfriend.
(b) Tash's piano teacher.
(c) Miss Irene's son.
(d) Tash's big brother.
8. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
(a) His swagger or energy.
(b) His stutter.
(c) His depressed shuffling.
(d) Any weight.
9. How does the narrator describe the prison guards?
(a) As cold.
(b) As intimidating.
(c) As kindly.
(d) As friendly.
10. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They both turn 16.
(b) They graduate from high school.
(c) They both turn 12.
(d) They are arrested for loitering.
11. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D is no good.
(b) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
(c) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
(d) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
12. Why is Tash moved?
(a) He is moved to a work camp.
(b) He asked to get closer to his family.
(c) He is harrassed about being gay and Tash cuts the man.
(d) He is not moved.
13. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The tracks are really rough.
(b) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(c) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
(d) The train is full of white people.
14. What quality does Neeka want to have?
(a) Sex appeal.
(c) She does not say.
15. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) It is scanty.
(b) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
(c) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(d) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
2. How does Tash's recklessness get him in trouble?
3. Who is Sly?
4. What do the three girls vow to do?
5. Where do the girls make snow angels?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)