|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girls walk?
(a) To an ice cream store.
(b) To a large amphitheater in the park.
(c) To the basement where the party is going on.
(d) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
2. What does Sly convince Tash to do?
(a) Go to an illegal gambling joint.
(b) Borrow some money and bet on some horses.
(c) Take Sly and a friend to Randall's home.
(d) Beat up a cop.
3. What does Neeka fear?
(a) Her mother finding out.
(b) Being beaten or raped.
(c) Being arrested.
4. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It sends him into deep depression.
(b) It numbs him.
(c) It enrages him.
(d) It makes him decide to change his life.
5. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She is supposed to babysit.
(b) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
(c) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(d) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
6. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
(b) Alone and seemingly friendless.
(c) Acts like a Queen.
(d) Cold and aloof.
7. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
(b) It is scanty.
(c) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(d) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
8. Of what is Tash convinced about Sly?
(a) That he is a racist.
(b) That he is corrupt.
(c) That he is gay.
(d) That he is wealthy.
9. Who is Randall?
(a) Neeka's boyfriend.
(b) Tash's piano teacher.
(c) Tash's big brother.
(d) Miss Irene's son.
10. What does D ask the narrator and Neeka one Friday night?
(a) If Tash was home yet.
(b) If they would like to roam with her.
(c) Why Neeka's mother looks down on her.
(d) If D can come over for dinner.
11. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
(a) They are harrassed by white police.
(b) They are shot by police without even asking the men questions.
(d) They are beaten by white gan?gs.
12. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) He has no expectations.
(b) Within 2 years.
(c) The end of summer.
(d) In a week.
13. What do Tash's visitors have to go through?
(a) A lecture on the justice system.
(b) A strip search.
(c) A brief lecture on what they can and can't do.
(d) A metal detector.
14. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He is being moved to another prison.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(d) He is getting out of jail.
15. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(b) The tracks are really rough.
(c) The train is full of white people.
(d) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
2. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
3. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
4. Why is Tash imprisoned?
5. For how long is Tupac sentenced?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)