|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
(a) Standing on the stage in the amphitheater.
(b) Dancing with a very handsome young man.
(c) Singing for the party guests.
(d) Snorting cocaine.
2. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She is supposed to babysit.
(b) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
(c) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
(d) She doesn't have the subway fare.
3. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It enrages him.
(b) It sends him into deep depression.
(c) It makes him decide to change his life.
(d) It numbs him.
4. What does Neeka want to do?
(a) Become a law or math professor.
(b) Become a model.
(c) Become a rapper like Tupac.
(d) Become an actress.
5. What does Neeka say about Tash?
(a) He is scary.
(b) He would not hurt a fly.
(c) He has a bad temper, but would not do any more than slap a person.
(d) At least he is out of drugs in prison.
6. Who is Sly?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A cop.
(c) An effeminate gay man.
(d) A masculine tough man.
7. Where do the girls walk?
(a) To the basement where the party is going on.
(b) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
(c) To an ice cream store.
(d) To a large amphitheater in the park.
8. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
(a) She is as tall as Wilt Chamberlain.
(b) She is taller than her mother or father.
(c) She is taller than D or Neeka.
(d) She is as tall as her older brother.
9. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) The end of summer.
(b) Within 2 years.
(c) In a week.
(d) He has no expectations.
10. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is religious.
(b) He is calm and somber.
(c) He is devious.
(d) He is an effeminate gay man.
11. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
(b) Her Big Purpose.
(c) A man who will tolerate them.
12. Who is Flo?
(a) Neeka's mother.
(b) D's real mother.
(c) The narrator's mother.
(d) A kind woman who does not want D for the government benefits.
13. Where do the girls make snow angels?
(a) In front of their house on the sidewalk.
(b) In the snow on the stage.
(c) They do not since the snow is not heavy enough.
(d) In the grass by the bus stop.
14. What is one thing Jayjones says black people cannot do?
(a) Sing in public.
(b) Attend church in peace.
(c) Walk too fast.
(d) Look at a cop in the eyes.
15. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
(b) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
(c) Beat up Sly and another man.
(d) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sly and his friend testify?
2. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
3. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
4. What quality does Neeka want to have?
5. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)