|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Tash convinced about Sly?
(a) That he is gay.
(b) That he is wealthy.
(c) That he is corrupt.
(d) That he is a racist.
2. Who is Daneeka Lucy Jones?
(a) The narrator's sister-in-law.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Neeka's sister-in-law.
3. How does Tash's recklessness get him in trouble?
(a) He gets in spats with the police.
(b) He loses his friends through it.
(c) He is easily led to crime.
(d) He falls in love with the wrong men.
4. What quality does Neeka want to have?
(b) Sex appeal.
(c) She does not say.
5. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is French.
(b) She is extremely black.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is strange.
6. Where does Jayjones say black men cannot be caught?
(a) In white nightclubs.
(b) In expensive cars.
(c) Anywhere outside of their front door.
(d) In white neighborhoods.
7. Who is Flo?
(a) D's real mother.
(b) Neeka's mother.
(c) A kind woman who does not want D for the government benefits.
(d) The narrator's mother.
8. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
(b) They need to learn to get along in white society.
(c) They are hunted.
(d) They should leave the United States.
9. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
(a) Neeka's brilliance.
(b) Her family's money.
(c) Her noisy family.
(d) Her perfect features.
10. What happens to Tupac when Chapter 10 opens?
(a) He is sentenced to more time because of hitting a guard.
(b) He is attacked and severely injured in prison.
(c) He learns his brother is arrested.
(d) He is let out of jail early.
11. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
(a) Her Big Purpose.
(c) A man who will tolerate them.
12. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(c) He is being moved to another prison.
(d) He is getting out of jail.
13. What does Neeka say about Tash?
(a) He would not hurt a fly.
(b) At least he is out of drugs in prison.
(c) He has a bad temper, but would not do any more than slap a person.
(d) He is scary.
14. What do Sly and his friend testify?
(a) That Tash is the one who kills Randall.
(b) That Tash has nothing to do with the robbery.
(c) That Tash was in on the robbery.
(d) That Tash was the only one in on the robbery.
15. What is one thing Jayjones says black people cannot do?
(a) Walk too fast.
(b) Sing in public.
(c) Attend church in peace.
(d) Look at a cop in the eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tash expect to be out?
2. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
3. Who is Randall?
4. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
5. What does Neeka want to do?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)