|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Tupac sentenced?
(a) Up to 4 1/2 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 60 days.
2. What do Tash's visitors have to go through?
(a) A lecture on the justice system.
(b) A strip search.
(c) A brief lecture on what they can and can't do.
(d) A metal detector.
3. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
(a) Neeka's brilliance.
(b) Her perfect features.
(c) Her family's money.
(d) Her noisy family.
4. Why is Tash imprisoned?
(a) For illegal drugs.
(b) As an accomplish to murder.
(c) As an accomplice to assault and robbery.
(d) For assault on a police officer.
5. How does Tash's recklessness get him in trouble?
(a) He falls in love with the wrong men.
(b) He loses his friends through it.
(c) He gets in spats with the police.
(d) He is easily led to crime.
6. What do the three girls vow to do?
(a) Stay friends forever.
(b) Write D every day.
(c) Go to speak on Flo's behalf.
(d) Hide D.
7. Who is Tash?
(a) A black minister who is too white.
(b) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(c) Emmett's father.
(d) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
8. What does D learn that the court system has done?
(a) Revoked Flo's rights to be a foster mother.
(b) Approved D's real mother to take her.
(c) Decided to send D to her real father in another State.
(d) Approved Flo's adoption request.
9. How does Tash refer to himself?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The Queen.
10. What do Sly and his friend testify?
(a) That Tash was in on the robbery.
(b) That Tash has nothing to do with the robbery.
(c) That Tash is the one who kills Randall.
(d) That Tash was the only one in on the robbery.
11. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
(b) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
(c) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
(d) The counselor says that D is no good.
12. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
(a) Alone and seemingly friendless.
(b) Cold and aloof.
(c) Acts like a Queen.
13. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is extremely black.
(b) She is strange.
(c) She is French.
(d) She is white.
14. Why does going to a juvenile detention center seem appealing to Neeka?
(a) Because then her mother couldn't make her babysit.
(b) She would be horrified to go to such a place.
(c) For some peace and quiet.
(d) To show solidarity with Tash.
15. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
(b) He is sent to prison.
(c) He moves to California.
(d) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
2. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
3. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
4. Where do the girls walk?
5. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)