|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is strange.
(b) She is French.
(c) She is extremely black.
(d) She is white.
2. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
(b) Beat up Sly and another man.
(c) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
(d) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
3. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(b) In his school orchestra.
(c) A local nightclub.
(d) For his school chorus.
4. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
(a) She is as tall as Wilt Chamberlain.
(b) She is taller than D or Neeka.
(c) She is as tall as her older brother.
(d) She is taller than her mother or father.
5. Where does Jayjones say black men cannot be caught?
(a) In white nightclubs.
(b) Anywhere outside of their front door.
(c) In white neighborhoods.
(d) In expensive cars.
6. Where do the girls walk?
(a) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
(b) To an ice cream store.
(c) To a large amphitheater in the park.
(d) To the basement where the party is going on.
7. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
(b) He moves to California.
(c) He is sent to prison.
(d) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
8. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The tracks are really rough.
(b) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
(c) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(d) The train is full of white people.
9. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
(a) She can't wait for Tupac to get out of prison and experience such a beautiful day.
(b) She can't imagine seeing the day through prison bars.
(c) She hopes all Neeka's days will be this beautiful.
(d) It is ironic that it is such a beautiful day considering where they are going.
10. What quality does Neeka want to have?
(b) Sex appeal.
(c) She does not say.
11. Who is Daneeka Lucy Jones?
(a) The narrator's sister-in-law.
(c) Neeka's sister-in-law.
(d) The narrator.
12. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It sends him into deep depression.
(b) It numbs him.
(c) It enrages him.
(d) It makes him decide to change his life.
13. How does Tash refer to himself?
(a) The Queen.
(d) The Princess.
14. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is intimidated.
(c) He hates Tash now.
(d) He is hospitalized.
15. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
(a) A man who will tolerate them.
(c) Her Big Purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D ask the narrator and Neeka one Friday night?
2. What does Neeka's group share?
3. Who does Tash say he will repay?
4. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
5. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)