|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
(a) To find her birth father who would love her.
(b) To be the perfect child.
(c) To find her birth mother who would love her.
(d) To show the counselfor that she was tough.
2. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It enrages him.
(b) It numbs him.
(c) It makes him decide to change his life.
(d) It sends him into deep depression.
3. For how long is Tupac sentenced?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Up to 4 1/2 years.
(d) 60 days.
4. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) It is scanty.
(b) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
(c) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(d) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
5. Who does Tash say he will repay?
(a) The judge who sent him there.
(c) His brother.
(d) Miss Irene.
6. Why does going to a juvenile detention center seem appealing to Neeka?
(a) For some peace and quiet.
(b) She would be horrified to go to such a place.
(c) To show solidarity with Tash.
(d) Because then her mother couldn't make her babysit.
7. What does Neeka say about Tash?
(a) He would not hurt a fly.
(b) He has a bad temper, but would not do any more than slap a person.
(c) At least he is out of drugs in prison.
(d) He is scary.
8. Where does Tash spend a few weeks?
(a) Long Island.
(b) Staten Island.
(c) Rikers Island.
9. What does Neeka want to attain?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) A published book.
(c) Enough money to hire a babysitter for her brothers.
(d) Tupac's level of fame.
10. To what point does the narration move forward in Chapter 10?
(a) The next May.
(c) Three years later.
(d) Two years later.
11. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
(a) For the government benefits.
(b) As a live in babysitter.
(c) To abuse her.
(d) To make her work and keep the house.
12. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
(a) His depressed shuffling.
(b) His stutter.
(c) His swagger or energy.
(d) Any weight.
13. About what does Neeka complain?
(a) Her noisy family.
(b) The way her mother pays more attention to her brothers.
(c) Her brother doing something to get in prison.
(d) Her mother making her come with them.
14. What does Neeka fear?
(a) Her mother finding out.
(b) Being arrested.
(c) Being beaten or raped.
15. What does Neeka want to do?
(a) Become an actress.
(b) Become a rapper like Tupac.
(c) Become a model.
(d) Become a law or math professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
2. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
3. Who is Randall?
4. How does Randall resemble Tash?
5. Who is Tash?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)