|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(b) A local nightclub.
(c) For his school chorus.
(d) In his school orchestra.
2. About what does Neeka complain?
(a) Her brother doing something to get in prison.
(b) The way her mother pays more attention to her brothers.
(c) Her noisy family.
(d) Her mother making her come with them.
3. What do Sly and his friend testify?
(a) That Tash has nothing to do with the robbery.
(b) That Tash is the one who kills Randall.
(c) That Tash was in on the robbery.
(d) That Tash was the only one in on the robbery.
4. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They are hunted.
(b) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
(c) They need to learn to get along in white society.
(d) They should leave the United States.
5. Who is Flo?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) D's real mother.
(c) A kind woman who does not want D for the government benefits.
(d) Neeka's mother.
6. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) The end of summer.
(b) Within 2 years.
(c) He has no expectations.
(d) In a week.
7. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) To go through the metal detector.
(b) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
(c) They are fogging up because he is crying.
(d) He doesn't wear glasses.
8. Who is Tash?
(a) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
(b) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(c) Emmett's father.
(d) A black minister who is too white.
9. How does Tash refer to himself?
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Princess.
10. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
(a) A letter from her father.
(b) 20 dollars.
(c) A letter to her daughter.
(d) 10 dollars.
11. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
(a) To the arrest of others in Queens.
(b) To Mahatma Gandhi's arrest.
(c) To Mandela's arrest.
(d) To how slaves were brutalized.
12. Where does D tell them they are going?
(a) No where.
(b) Back to her house after dinner.
(c) D decides they should just stay in after dinner.
(d) She does not tell them.
13. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
(a) Alone and seemingly friendless.
(b) Acts like a Queen.
(d) Cold and aloof.
14. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
(a) At D's cousin's house.
(b) At the mall.
(c) Near a dark city park.
(d) At a friend's house where there is a party.
15. Of what is Tash convinced about Sly?
(a) That he is corrupt.
(b) That he is a racist.
(c) That he is wealthy.
(d) That he is gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
2. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
3. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
4. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
5. What does Sly convince Tash to do?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)