|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Neeka think she could help Tash out of his legal problems?
(a) By learning the law.
(b) By helping him make better choices.
(c) She does not know.
(d) By writing her congress person.
2. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
(a) Snorting cocaine.
(b) Dancing with a very handsome young man.
(c) Singing for the party guests.
(d) Standing on the stage in the amphitheater.
3. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
(a) The sound of the silence while waiting to be called in to see Tash.
(b) The sound of a mother crying for her imprisoned son.
(c) The sound of a grown man crying from abuse in prison.
(d) The soft sound of prison gates locking.
4. What does D ask one late night when she comes to the narrator's home?
(a) To have something to eat.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To sleep over.
(d) To get advice from the narrator's mother.
5. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They should leave the United States.
(b) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
(c) They need to learn to get along in white society.
(d) They are hunted.
6. What do Sly and his friend testify?
(a) That Tash was in on the robbery.
(b) That Tash has nothing to do with the robbery.
(c) That Tash is the one who kills Randall.
(d) That Tash was the only one in on the robbery.
7. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
(a) He is hospitalized.
(b) He is intimidated.
(c) He hates Tash now.
(d) He is dead.
8. How does Tash refer to himself?
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Queen.
9. Where do the girls walk?
(a) To an ice cream store.
(b) To the basement where the party is going on.
(c) To a large amphitheater in the park.
(d) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
10. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
(b) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
(c) The counselor says that D is no good.
(d) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
11. How does the narrator describe the prison guards?
(a) As cold.
(b) As friendly.
(c) As kindly.
(d) As intimidating.
12. What does Neeka fear?
(a) Being arrested.
(c) Her mother finding out.
(d) Being beaten or raped.
13. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(b) He moves to California.
(c) He is sent to prison.
(d) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
14. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
(a) Hearing Miss Irene talk on and on.
(b) The pitying glaces of white people.
(c) Rejection from the college.
(d) A poor breakfast and long train and bus rides.
15. Where do the girls make snow angels?
(a) In the grass by the bus stop.
(b) In front of their house on the sidewalk.
(c) They do not since the snow is not heavy enough.
(d) In the snow on the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
2. What does Sly convince Tash to do?
3. Who is Flo?
4. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
5. Who is Sly?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)