|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) It is scanty.
(b) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
(c) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(d) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
2. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
(a) The lyrics bothered a lot of people.
(b) She does not mention Tash's music.
(c) It enlivened everyone.
(d) It made ladies cry.
3. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
(a) She can't wait for Tupac to get out of prison and experience such a beautiful day.
(b) It is ironic that it is such a beautiful day considering where they are going.
(c) She hopes all Neeka's days will be this beautiful.
(d) She can't imagine seeing the day through prison bars.
4. Who is Sly?
(a) An effeminate gay man.
(b) A cop.
(c) A masculine tough man.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Who is Randall?
(a) Miss Irene's son.
(b) Tash's big brother.
(c) Tash's piano teacher.
(d) Neeka's boyfriend.
6. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
(a) Kill Randall and steal Tash's wallet.
(b) Beat up Sly and another man.
(c) Beat up Tash and kill Randall.
(d) Convince Tash and Randall that they are undercover cops.
7. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) Within 2 years.
(b) The end of summer.
(c) He has no expectations.
(d) In a week.
8. What happens to Tupac when Chapter 10 opens?
(a) He is sentenced to more time because of hitting a guard.
(b) He is attacked and severely injured in prison.
(c) He learns his brother is arrested.
(d) He is let out of jail early.
9. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is religious.
(b) He is an effeminate gay man.
(c) He is calm and somber.
(d) He is devious.
10. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He moves to California.
(b) He is sent to prison.
(c) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(d) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
11. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(c) He is getting out of jail.
(d) He is being moved to another prison.
12. Why is Tash imprisoned?
(a) For illegal drugs.
(b) As an accomplish to murder.
(c) For assault on a police officer.
(d) As an accomplice to assault and robbery.
13. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
(a) He is hospitalized.
(b) He is intimidated.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He hates Tash now.
14. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It enrages him.
(b) It makes him decide to change his life.
(c) It sends him into deep depression.
(d) It numbs him.
15. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
(a) She has to watch her two younger brothers.
(b) She was supposed to go to the movies with a boy that day.
(c) She does not feel well.
(d) She was supposed to go to a birthday party that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
2. What does Neeka say about Tash?
3. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
4. What do the three girls vow to do?
5. How does Tash's recklessness get him in trouble?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)