|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Randall?
(a) Neeka's boyfriend.
(b) Tash's piano teacher.
(c) Miss Irene's son.
(d) Tash's big brother.
2. What does D ask one late night when she comes to the narrator's home?
(a) To sleep over.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To get advice from the narrator's mother.
(d) To have something to eat.
3. Where do the girls make snow angels?
(a) In front of their house on the sidewalk.
(b) In the grass by the bus stop.
(c) In the snow on the stage.
(d) They do not since the snow is not heavy enough.
4. Why does going to a juvenile detention center seem appealing to Neeka?
(a) Because then her mother couldn't make her babysit.
(b) For some peace and quiet.
(c) To show solidarity with Tash.
(d) She would be horrified to go to such a place.
5. What does Sly convince Tash to do?
(a) Beat up a cop.
(b) Take Sly and a friend to Randall's home.
(c) Borrow some money and bet on some horses.
(d) Go to an illegal gambling joint.
6. Who is Tash?
(a) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(b) A black minister who is too white.
(c) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
(d) Emmett's father.
7. Where does Jayjones say black men cannot be caught?
(a) In white neighborhoods.
(b) In white nightclubs.
(c) In expensive cars.
(d) Anywhere outside of their front door.
8. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
(a) She is as tall as her older brother.
(b) She is as tall as Wilt Chamberlain.
(c) She is taller than her mother or father.
(d) She is taller than D or Neeka.
9. Why is Tash imprisoned?
(a) For assault on a police officer.
(b) For illegal drugs.
(c) As an accomplice to assault and robbery.
(d) As an accomplish to murder.
10. What is one thing Jayjones says black people cannot do?
(a) Sing in public.
(b) Attend church in peace.
(c) Look at a cop in the eyes.
(d) Walk too fast.
11. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
(b) He does not know why.
(c) They can't afford good lawyers.
(d) They are not given fair trials because the system is too overloaded.
12. What does Neeka want to attain?
(a) Tupac's level of fame.
(b) Enough money to hire a babysitter for her brothers.
(c) She has no idea.
(d) A published book.
13. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(a) For his school chorus.
(b) In his school orchestra.
(c) A local nightclub.
14. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is strange.
(b) She is extremely black.
(c) She is French.
(d) She is white.
15. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
(a) It is overwhelming that the accuser is lying.
(b) The narrator does not mention the evidence.
(c) It is scanty.
(d) It is overwhelming against Tuapc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
2. What does D vow after hearing the counselor?
3. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
4. What does the narrator say Tash has not lost?
5. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)