|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The tracks are really rough.
(b) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(c) The train is full of white people.
(d) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
2. Why is Tash imprisoned?
(a) For assault on a police officer.
(b) For illegal drugs.
(c) As an accomplice to assault and robbery.
(d) As an accomplish to murder.
3. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
(a) A letter from her father.
(b) A letter to her daughter.
(c) 20 dollars.
(d) 10 dollars.
4. What does Neeka want to do?
(a) Become a model.
(b) Become an actress.
(c) Become a law or math professor.
(d) Become a rapper like Tupac.
5. Where does D tell them they are going?
(a) She does not tell them.
(b) No where.
(c) Back to her house after dinner.
(d) D decides they should just stay in after dinner.
6. What do Sly and his friend testify?
(a) That Tash has nothing to do with the robbery.
(b) That Tash is the one who kills Randall.
(c) That Tash was in on the robbery.
(d) That Tash was the only one in on the robbery.
7. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
(a) She was supposed to go to the movies with a boy that day.
(b) She does not feel well.
(c) She has to watch her two younger brothers.
(d) She was supposed to go to a birthday party that day.
8. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They should leave the United States.
(b) They are hunted.
(c) They need to learn to get along in white society.
(d) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
9. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
(a) As a live in babysitter.
(b) To abuse her.
(c) For the government benefits.
(d) To make her work and keep the house.
10. How does the narrator describe the prison guards?
(a) As friendly.
(b) As intimidating.
(c) As kindly.
(d) As cold.
11. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
(b) Cold and aloof.
(c) Acts like a Queen.
(d) Alone and seemingly friendless.
12. What does Neeka say about Tash?
(a) At least he is out of drugs in prison.
(b) He would not hurt a fly.
(c) He is scary.
(d) He has a bad temper, but would not do any more than slap a person.
13. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) The end of summer.
(b) Within 2 years.
(c) He has no expectations.
(d) In a week.
14. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It sends him into deep depression.
(b) It enrages him.
(c) It makes him decide to change his life.
(d) It numbs him.
15. Where does Jayjones say black men cannot be caught?
(a) Anywhere outside of their front door.
(b) In white nightclubs.
(c) In white neighborhoods.
(d) In expensive cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tash moved?
2. How does Neeka think she could help Tash out of his legal problems?
3. Who is Tash?
4. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
5. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)