|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is strange.
(b) She is extremely black.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is French.
2. Who is Randall?
(a) Miss Irene's son.
(b) Neeka's boyfriend.
(c) Tash's big brother.
(d) Tash's piano teacher.
3. Where do the girls walk?
(a) To the basement where the party is going on.
(b) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
(c) To an ice cream store.
(d) To a large amphitheater in the park.
4. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
(b) He does not know why.
(c) They can't afford good lawyers.
(d) They are not given fair trials because the system is too overloaded.
5. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is an effeminate gay man.
(b) He is devious.
(c) He is religious.
(d) He is calm and somber.
6. How does Neeka think she could help Tash out of his legal problems?
(a) By writing her congress person.
(b) She does not know.
(c) By helping him make better choices.
(d) By learning the law.
7. Who is Tash?
(a) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(b) A black minister who is too white.
(c) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
(d) Emmett's father.
8. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He moves to California.
(b) He is sent to prison.
(c) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(d) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
9. Who is Daneeka Lucy Jones?
(b) The narrator's sister-in-law.
(c) Neeka's sister-in-law.
(d) The narrator.
10. How is Sly whenever Tash meets him?
(a) Acts like a Queen.
(b) Cold and aloof.
(c) Alone and seemingly friendless.
11. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(a) For his school chorus.
(b) A local nightclub.
(c) In his school orchestra.
12. Where does D tell them they are going?
(a) No where.
(b) Back to her house after dinner.
(c) She does not tell them.
(d) D decides they should just stay in after dinner.
13. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
(a) To Mandela's arrest.
(b) To Mahatma Gandhi's arrest.
(c) To the arrest of others in Queens.
(d) To how slaves were brutalized.
14. How does Tash refer to himself?
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Princess.
15. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
(b) They should leave the United States.
(c) They need to learn to get along in white society.
(d) They are hunted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
2. What do Tash's visitors have to go through?
3. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
4. Why is Tash imprisoned?
5. Who is Flo?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)