|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
(b) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(c) She is supposed to babysit.
(d) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
2. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It numbs him.
(b) It enrages him.
(c) It sends him into deep depression.
(d) It makes him decide to change his life.
3. Who does Tash say he will repay?
(a) The judge who sent him there.
(b) Miss Irene.
(d) His brother.
4. Why is Tash moved?
(a) He asked to get closer to his family.
(b) He is harrassed about being gay and Tash cuts the man.
(c) He is moved to a work camp.
(d) He is not moved.
5. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
(a) It is ironic that it is such a beautiful day considering where they are going.
(b) She hopes all Neeka's days will be this beautiful.
(c) She can't wait for Tupac to get out of prison and experience such a beautiful day.
(d) She can't imagine seeing the day through prison bars.
6. What does D learn that the court system has done?
(a) Decided to send D to her real father in another State.
(b) Approved Flo's adoption request.
(c) Approved D's real mother to take her.
(d) Revoked Flo's rights to be a foster mother.
7. How does Randall resemble Tash?
(a) He is devious.
(b) He is calm and somber.
(c) He is religious.
(d) He is an effeminate gay man.
8. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
(a) Rejection from the college.
(b) A poor breakfast and long train and bus rides.
(c) Hearing Miss Irene talk on and on.
(d) The pitying glaces of white people.
9. Where does the narrator go with Miss Irene one Saturday in the summer?
(a) To see Neeka's father in a hospital.
(b) To visit Tash in prison.
(c) To interview at a college.
(d) To the amphiteater where she had such an emotional experience.
10. Where do the girls walk?
(a) To a large amphitheater in the park.
(b) The the cousin's neighbor's house.
(c) To an ice cream store.
(d) To the basement where the party is going on.
11. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) He has no expectations.
(b) In a week.
(c) The end of summer.
(d) Within 2 years.
12. For how long is Tupac sentenced?
(a) 1 year.
(b) Up to 4 1/2 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 60 days.
13. What do Tash's visitors have to go through?
(a) A brief lecture on what they can and can't do.
(b) A lecture on the justice system.
(c) A metal detector.
(d) A strip search.
14. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is white.
(b) She is extremely black.
(c) She is strange.
(d) She is French.
15. What does D ask the narrator and Neeka one Friday night?
(a) If Tash was home yet.
(b) If D can come over for dinner.
(c) If they would like to roam with her.
(d) Why Neeka's mother looks down on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Neeka want to have?
2. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
3. What does Jayjones say about black men?
4. What does Neeka want to attain?
5. What does the narrator say is the loudest sound in the world?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)