|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tash in jail?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Gang fighting.
(c) An unnamed crime.
(d) House burglary.
2. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a genius.
(b) He is a star athlete.
(c) He is a hero.
(d) He is a racist.
3. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) Living with his father.
(b) In Washington, D.C.
(c) The book doesn't say.
(d) In jail.
4. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) To indicate he is gay.
(b) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(c) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(d) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
5. What is D allowed to do during the day?
(a) Go anywhere on the bus.
(b) She is not allowed to do anything, she is on house arrest.
(c) Go to school and stay for after school activities.
(d) Only go to school and come home.
6. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of sounding like their mother.
(b) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
(c) Of wanting him to become too white.
(d) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
7. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
(a) Even though they live a few miles from each other they go to the same school.
(b) They live across the hall from each other.
(c) They live on the same block.
(d) Their mothers went to school together.
8. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) D returning home.
(b) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
(c) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
(d) Neeka hurting her ankle.
9. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) The younger girls.
(c) The older boys.
(d) Neeka's mother.
10. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
(b) It is better than living on the street.
(c) She is a very polite girl.
(d) She likes her foster mother.
11. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) She will become a movie star.
(b) Her biological mother will come for her.
(c) She will marry a wealthy man.
(d) She will go to college.
12. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(a) Snappin' Rappin'.
(b) Just Set Your Course.
13. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
14. To what famous group did Tupac's mother belong?
(a) The Bloods.
(b) The Hell's Angels.
(c) Students for a Democractic Society.
(d) The Black Panthers.
15. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
(a) Whether guns should be outlawed.
(b) How wonderful life is.
(c) D's bad choices.
(d) D's influence on her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
2. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
3. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
4. What shocks D's friends?
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)