|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
2. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
(a) The cops stopping black men for no reason.
(b) The class on racism that is required in school.
(c) A suit and college degree.
(d) Letting the white boys win the basketball pickup game.
3. What is D's foster mother's name?
4. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
(b) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
(c) D has a new dress.
(d) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
5. How did the narrator see Tupac?
(a) As a violent gang member.
(b) As a hero and survivor.
(c) As a truly great ball player.
(d) As someone who wrote hateful songs.
6. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a genius.
(b) He is a racist.
(c) He is a star athlete.
(d) He is a hero.
7. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of wanting him to become too white.
(b) Of sounding like their mother.
(c) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
(d) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
8. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
(b) Anxious and out of breath.
9. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
10. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To make certain that D has enough food.
(b) To find out if D is a classmate.
(c) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
(d) To find out if D is homeless.
11. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
(b) She likes her foster mother.
(c) It is better than living on the street.
(d) She is a very polite girl.
12. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Cuban sandwiches.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Fish and chips.
13. What racial heritage is D?
14. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they know Jesus.
(b) If they are wealthy.
(c) If they go to church.
(d) Where they came from and what they are like.
15. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
(a) Raggedy ones.
(b) Odd ones.
(c) Bright ones.
(d) The height of fashion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
2. What reputation does the narrator have?
3. For what was Tupac known?
4. What is Neeka's mother like?
5. How many children are in Neeka's family?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)