|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
(a) The height of fashion.
(b) Raggedy ones.
(c) Odd ones.
(d) Bright ones.
2. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
(a) Their mothers went to school together.
(b) They live on the same block.
(c) They live across the hall from each other.
(d) Even though they live a few miles from each other they go to the same school.
3. To what famous group did Tupac's mother belong?
(a) The Bloods.
(b) Students for a Democractic Society.
(c) The Hell's Angels.
(d) The Black Panthers.
4. Why is Tash in jail?
(a) Gang fighting.
(b) An unnamed crime.
(c) Armed robbery.
(d) House burglary.
5. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) The day after Thanksgiving.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Friday before Thanksgiving.
6. For what does D envy Neeka?
(a) Her close, loving family.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her athletic ability.
(d) Her intelligence and good grades.
7. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) Living with his father.
(d) In jail.
8. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(b) She feels angry.
(d) She dislikes Jayjones.
9. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(b) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(c) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
(d) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
10. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Happy and outgoing.
(c) Quiet and reserved.
11. What does D think one needs to find in life?
(a) A way to get around the system.
(b) A lot of friends.
(c) A kind boyfriend.
(d) A big purpose.
12. How many children are in Neeka's family?
13. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Pretty girls eat wings.
(b) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
(c) Pretty girls don't like fries.
(d) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
14. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was born with a brain disorder.
(b) He died young.
(c) He was really black.
(d) He was not a nice man.
15. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) The ice cream truck pulls up.
(b) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
(c) The kids won't listen to them.
(d) Neeka's mother calls her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
2. What is the narrator's mother like?
3. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
4. How did the narrator see Tupac?
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)