|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is D's foster mother's name?
2. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
(a) Eating sweets before dinner.
(b) Listening to Tupac's music.
(c) Talking about boys all the time.
(d) Saying the word ain't.
3. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) They don't have money for the bus.
(b) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(c) D won't let them see where she lives.
(d) They have never wanted to visit D.
4. How did the narrator see Tupac?
(a) As a violent gang member.
(b) As a hero and survivor.
(c) As someone who wrote hateful songs.
(d) As a truly great ball player.
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) Seven jump spin.
(c) In Two, Out One.
(d) Double Dutch.
6. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) Living with his father.
(b) In Washington, D.C.
(c) In jail.
(d) The book doesn't say.
7. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they are wealthy.
(b) If they go to church.
(c) Where they came from and what they are like.
(d) If they know Jesus.
8. What is D allowed to do during the day?
(a) Go to school and stay for after school activities.
(b) Go anywhere on the bus.
(c) Only go to school and come home.
(d) She is not allowed to do anything, she is on house arrest.
9. What does D think one needs to find in life?
(a) A lot of friends.
(b) A way to get around the system.
(c) A kind boyfriend.
(d) A big purpose.
10. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the winter of 1994.
(b) To the spring of 1993.
(c) To the summer of 1994.
(d) To the summer of 1995.
11. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She is an only child.
(b) She has two brothers.
(c) She has four brothers and a sister.
(d) She has one brother and one sister.
12. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a hero.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is a star athlete.
(d) He is a racist.
13. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(c) Happy and outgoing.
(d) Quiet and reserved.
14. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Raises it by herself.
(b) Lets the father take it.
(c) Gives it up for adoption.
(d) Throws it in the garbage can.
15. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her coppery hair.
(b) Her large family.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her freedom to roam the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
2. Who is Digital Underground?
3. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
4. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
5. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)