Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is D's foster mother's name?
2. Why was Albert named as he was?
(a) He was very light skinned.
(b) He looked like he was going to be funny.
(c) He was born looking smart.
(d) He looked very athletic.
3. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) It is better than living on the street.
(b) She likes her foster mother.
(c) She is a very polite girl.
(d) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
4. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Give up basketball.
(b) Join the Army.
(c) Work hard at his basketball.
(d) Join the Marines.
5. What reputation does the narrator have?
(a) She is selfish.
(b) She is dumb.
(c) She is athletic.
(d) She is a brainy nerd.
6. Who hassles Jayjones?
(a) Some older boys.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A cop.
(d) The mall security guard.
7. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(b) Just Set Your Course.
(d) Snappin' Rappin'.
8. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the spring of 1993.
(b) To the summer of 1995.
(c) To the winter of 1994.
(d) To the summer of 1994.
9. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The older boys.
(b) The narrator's mother.
(c) The younger girls.
(d) Neeka's mother.
10. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
11. Why is Tash in jail?
(a) House burglary.
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) An unnamed crime.
(d) Gang fighting.
12. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To find out if D is a classmate.
(b) To find out if D is homeless.
(c) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
(d) To make certain that D has enough food.
13. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Instant rhythm.
(b) Stong arms.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Skinned knees.
14. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
(a) October, 1993.
(b) August, 1992.
(c) November, 1994.
(d) December, 1995.
15. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they know Jesus.
(b) If they are wealthy.
(c) Where they came from and what they are like.
(d) If they go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
2. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
3. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
4. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
5. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)