|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
(c) Anxious and out of breath.
2. What racial heritage is D?
3. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
(a) October, 1993.
(b) November, 1994.
(c) December, 1995.
(d) August, 1992.
4. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
(a) No one.
5. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of the narrator's father.
(b) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
(c) Of what could have been.
(d) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
6. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
(b) Pretty girls don't like fries.
(c) Pretty girls eat wings.
(d) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
7. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
(b) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
(c) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(d) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
8. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
(a) Albert Brooks.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Albert Schweitzer.
(d) Albert Louis-Jean.
9. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
10. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) Double Dutch.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) In Two, Out One.
(d) Seven jump spin.
11. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was not a nice man.
(b) He was born with a brain disorder.
(c) He died young.
(d) He was really black.
12. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
(a) The height of fashion.
(b) Bright ones.
(c) Raggedy ones.
(d) Odd ones.
13. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) She will marry a wealthy man.
(b) She will go to college.
(c) Her biological mother will come for her.
(d) She will become a movie star.
14. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
(a) The cops stopping black men for no reason.
(b) Letting the white boys win the basketball pickup game.
(c) The class on racism that is required in school.
(d) A suit and college degree.
15. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
(a) He was indifferent to her.
(b) He loved her very much.
(c) He hated her.
(d) He didn't respect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
2. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
3. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
4. What reputation does the narrator have?
5. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)