|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racial heritage is D?
2. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) It is no gang territory.
(b) Her aunt lives there.
(c) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
(d) The pretty trees.
3. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(c) She feels angry.
(d) She dislikes Jayjones.
4. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
(a) Sitting on the stoop talking.
(b) Playing jacks.
(c) Playing hopscotch.
(d) Teaching kids to jump rope.
5. What is the narrator always doing?
(a) Playing basketball.
(c) Drawing pictures.
(d) Talking on the phone.
6. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
(b) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(c) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
(d) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
7. What is the narrator's mother like?
(a) Loving but is mostly gone.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) Nice enough but standoffish.
(d) A drug addict.
8. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
(b) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
(c) Pretty girls don't like fries.
(d) Pretty girls eat wings.
9. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Stong arms.
(b) Instant rhythm.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Skinned knees.
10. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they go to church.
(b) If they are wealthy.
(c) If they know Jesus.
(d) Where they came from and what they are like.
11. What shocks D's friends?
(a) To learn she is so impoverished.
(b) That she doesn't care that Tupac is shot.
(c) That she swears at the white policeman.
(d) That she is leaving the city.
12. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(b) Happy and outgoing.
(c) Quiet and reserved.
13. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
(a) Sexually abusing a young woman.
(b) Killing a taxi driver accidentally.
(c) Income tax evasion.
(d) Obscene lyrics.
14. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Cuban sandwiches.
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Fried chicken.
15. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) A gangster.
(b) A drug runner.
(c) A hate mongrel.
(d) An unlucky dude.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
2. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
3. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
4. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
5. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)