|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) She likes her foster mother.
(b) It is better than living on the street.
(c) She is a very polite girl.
(d) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
2. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She has no feelings about her.
(b) She doesn't know her mother.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She hates her.
3. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
(a) Sexually abusing a young woman.
(b) Income tax evasion.
(c) Killing a taxi driver accidentally.
(d) Obscene lyrics.
4. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) It is no gang territory.
(b) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
(c) Her aunt lives there.
(d) The pretty trees.
5. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) Four years.
(b) Since they were babies.
(c) Six months.
(d) For two years.
6. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(c) Just Set Your Course.
(d) Snappin' Rappin'.
7. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) Double Dutch.
(b) In Two, Out One.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) Seven jump spin.
8. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of what could have been.
(b) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
(c) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(d) Of the narrator's father.
9. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was a football player.
(b) He was a rock singer.
(c) He was a rapper.
(d) He was an actor.
10. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
(a) The height of fashion.
(b) Bright ones.
(c) Odd ones.
(d) Raggedy ones.
11. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
(a) Anxious and out of breath.
12. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Hamburgers and fries.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Cuban sandwiches.
13. What is D allowed to do during the day?
(a) Go to school and stay for after school activities.
(b) Only go to school and come home.
(c) She is not allowed to do anything, she is on house arrest.
(d) Go anywhere on the bus.
14. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) Grady High School.
(b) He is out of school.
(c) Washington School for the Arts.
(d) Lincoln High.
15. What racial heritage is D?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
2. What is D's biggest dream?
3. What is D's foster mother's name?
4. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
5. What shocks D's friends?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)