|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racial heritage is D?
2. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He died young.
(b) He was really black.
(c) He was born with a brain disorder.
(d) He was not a nice man.
3. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
(a) On the escalator in the mall.
(b) No where.
(c) In the park.
(d) He snuck into a YMCA.
4. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About hanging out with the narrator.
(b) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(c) About being an only child.
(d) About having a lot of brothers.
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) Seven jump spin.
(b) In Two, Out One.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) Double Dutch.
6. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To make certain that D has enough food.
(b) To find out if D is a classmate.
(c) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
(d) To find out if D is homeless.
7. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
(a) From his father.
(b) He made it up himself.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his ball t-shirt.
8. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(b) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
(c) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(d) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
9. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Join the Army.
(b) Work hard at his basketball.
(c) Join the Marines.
(d) Give up basketball.
10. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That she has to work so much.
(b) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
(c) That her family lives so far away.
(d) That she never had a son.
11. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
12. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
(b) Pretty girls eat wings.
(c) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
(d) Pretty girls don't like fries.
13. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
(a) That Tupac is acquitted.
(b) That Tupac is sentenced to 20 years.
(c) That some white boys beat up a black kid on the ball court.
(d) That Tupac has been shot.
14. Who is Digital Underground?
(a) The group accused of shooting Tupac.
(b) The group to which the girl who accuses Tupace belongs.
(c) A group from Tupac's early days as an entertainer.
(d) The group to which Tupac currently belongs.
15. What does D think one needs to find in life?
(a) A lot of friends.
(b) A way to get around the system.
(c) A kind boyfriend.
(d) A big purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
2. What school does Jayjones attend?
3. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
4. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
5. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)