|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Albert named as he was?
(a) He was very light skinned.
(b) He looked like he was going to be funny.
(c) He was born looking smart.
(d) He looked very athletic.
2. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
(a) On the escalator in the mall.
(b) He snuck into a YMCA.
(c) No where.
(d) In the park.
3. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) It is better than living on the street.
(b) She is a very polite girl.
(c) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
(d) She likes her foster mother.
4. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they go to church.
(b) If they are wealthy.
(c) If they know Jesus.
(d) Where they came from and what they are like.
5. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
(a) About the inequality of the races in college success.
(b) Tupac's trial.
(c) A new set of posh condos being built down the street.
(d) Of the hisher rent limits being considered.
6. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) Washington School for the Arts.
(b) He is out of school.
(c) Grady High School.
(d) Lincoln High.
7. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) A hate mongrel.
(b) A drug runner.
(c) An unlucky dude.
(d) A gangster.
8. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She admires her.
(c) She has no feelings about her.
(d) She doesn't know her mother.
9. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About hanging out with the narrator.
(b) About having a lot of brothers.
(c) About being an only child.
(d) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
10. What is D's foster mother's name?
11. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
12. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) They don't have money for the bus.
(b) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(c) D won't let them see where she lives.
(d) They have never wanted to visit D.
13. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Instant rhythm.
(b) Skinned knees.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Stong arms.
14. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Throws it in the garbage can.
(b) Lets the father take it.
(c) Raises it by herself.
(d) Gives it up for adoption.
15. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To find out if D is homeless.
(b) To find out if D is a classmate.
(c) To make certain that D has enough food.
(d) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
2. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
3. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
4. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
5. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)