|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) In jail.
(c) In Washington, D.C.
(d) Living with his father.
2. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
3. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
(a) Get a college degree.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Release an album.
(d) Play basketball for the prison team.
4. What reputation does the narrator have?
(a) She is selfish.
(b) She is athletic.
(c) She is dumb.
(d) She is a brainy nerd.
5. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
(a) She feels angry.
(b) She dislikes Jayjones.
(d) She thinks it is funny.
6. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) She is a very polite girl.
(b) It is better than living on the street.
(c) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
(d) She likes her foster mother.
7. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Watching gangs fight on the street.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Watching a basketball game.
(d) Watching music videos.
8. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) It is no gang territory.
(b) The pretty trees.
(c) Her aunt lives there.
(d) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
9. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
(a) Albert Brooks.
(b) Albert Louis-Jean.
(c) Albert Schweitzer.
(d) Albert Einstein.
10. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Happy and outgoing.
(d) Quiet and reserved.
11. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The younger girls.
(b) Neeka's mother.
(c) The older boys.
(d) The narrator's mother.
12. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
13. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
(b) Pretty girls don't like fries.
(c) Pretty girls eat wings.
(d) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
14. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To make certain that D has enough food.
(b) To find out if D is a classmate.
(c) To find out if D is homeless.
(d) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
15. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the spring of 1993.
(b) To the summer of 1995.
(c) To the winter of 1994.
(d) To the summer of 1994.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
2. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
3. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
4. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
5. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)