|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(c) She dislikes Jayjones.
(d) She feels angry.
2. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
(a) He loved her very much.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He didn't respect her.
(d) He was indifferent to her.
3. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
(a) On the escalator in the mall.
(b) He snuck into a YMCA.
(c) No where.
(d) In the park.
4. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Fights about turns.
(b) Instant rhythm.
(c) Stong arms.
(d) Skinned knees.
5. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
(a) Friday before Thanksgiving.
(b) Thanksgiving Day.
(c) The day after Thanksgiving.
(d) Easter Sunday.
6. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
(b) To find out if D is a classmate.
(c) To make certain that D has enough food.
(d) To find out if D is homeless.
7. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Raises it by herself.
(b) Throws it in the garbage can.
(c) Lets the father take it.
(d) Gives it up for adoption.
8. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
(b) That her family lives so far away.
(c) That she never had a son.
(d) That she has to work so much.
9. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her biological mother.
(c) Her foster mother.
(d) Her father.
10. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She is an only child.
(b) She has four brothers and a sister.
(c) She has two brothers.
(d) She has one brother and one sister.
11. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She has no feelings about her.
(b) She doesn't know her mother.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She hates her.
12. How many children are in Neeka's family?
13. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
(a) Obscene lyrics.
(b) Income tax evasion.
(c) Killing a taxi driver accidentally.
(d) Sexually abusing a young woman.
14. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
(a) Snobbish towards her.
(b) Very fond.
(c) Don't like her.
15. Who is Digital Underground?
(a) The group accused of shooting Tupac.
(b) The group to which Tupac currently belongs.
(c) A group from Tupac's early days as an entertainer.
(d) The group to which the girl who accuses Tupace belongs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D think one needs to find in life?
2. What is D allowed to do during the day?
3. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
4. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
5. Why does D obey her foster mother?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)