|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was not a nice man.
(b) He was born with a brain disorder.
(c) He died young.
(d) He was really black.
2. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She doesn't know her mother.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She has no feelings about her.
3. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Give up basketball.
(b) Join the Army.
(c) Work hard at his basketball.
(d) Join the Marines.
4. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That she never had a son.
(b) That she has to work so much.
(c) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
(d) That her family lives so far away.
5. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D is maturing physically faster.
(b) D is the new girl on the block.
(c) D knows how to flirt better.
(d) D has more freedom than the other two.
6. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) Since they were babies.
(b) Four years.
(c) For two years.
(d) Six months.
7. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was a rock singer.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a football player.
(d) He was a rapper.
8. Why was Albert named as he was?
(a) He was born looking smart.
(b) He looked very athletic.
(c) He was very light skinned.
(d) He looked like he was going to be funny.
9. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) They don't have money for the bus.
(b) They have never wanted to visit D.
(c) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(d) D won't let them see where she lives.
10. What is the narrator's mother like?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A drug addict.
(c) Nice enough but standoffish.
(d) Loving but is mostly gone.
11. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(b) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(c) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(d) To indicate he is gay.
12. Who hassles Jayjones?
(a) Some older boys.
(b) A janitor.
(c) The mall security guard.
(d) A cop.
13. What is Neeka's mother like?
(a) She is a drug addict.
(b) Overbearing but loving.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) Stern and unyielding.
14. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About being an only child.
(b) About hanging out with the narrator.
(c) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(d) About having a lot of brothers.
15. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the winter of 1994.
(b) To the summer of 1995.
(c) To the spring of 1993.
(d) To the summer of 1994.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
2. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
3. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
4. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
5. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)