|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) Friday before Thanksgiving.
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
2. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) It is no gang territory.
(b) Her aunt lives there.
(c) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
(d) The pretty trees.
3. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
(a) October, 1993.
(b) December, 1995.
(c) August, 1992.
(d) November, 1994.
4. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her freedom to roam the city.
(b) Her coppery hair.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her large family.
5. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
(a) From his ball t-shirt.
(b) He made it up himself.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his father.
6. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About fourteen.
(b) About ten.
(c) About nine.
(d) About twelve.
7. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
(a) The height of fashion.
(b) Odd ones.
(c) Bright ones.
(d) Raggedy ones.
8. What is the narrator always doing?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(d) Drawing pictures.
9. Who is Digital Underground?
(a) A group from Tupac's early days as an entertainer.
(b) The group to which the girl who accuses Tupace belongs.
(c) The group accused of shooting Tupac.
(d) The group to which Tupac currently belongs.
10. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of wanting him to become too white.
(b) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
(c) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
(d) Of sounding like their mother.
11. What is D's foster mother's name?
12. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) Since they were babies.
(b) Six months.
(c) For two years.
(d) Four years.
13. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(b) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(c) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(d) To indicate he is gay.
14. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
(a) Her foster mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her biological mother.
15. Who hassles Jayjones?
(a) A cop.
(b) Some older boys.
(c) The mall security guard.
(d) A janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
2. How many children are in Neeka's family?
3. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
4. Why have several colleges contacted Jayjones?
5. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)