|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) Where they came from and what they are like.
(b) If they are wealthy.
(c) If they know Jesus.
(d) If they go to church.
2. What is Neeka's mother like?
(a) Overbearing but loving.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She is a drug addict.
(d) Stern and unyielding.
3. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She has four brothers and a sister.
(b) She has one brother and one sister.
(c) She is an only child.
(d) She has two brothers.
4. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
(a) Their mothers went to school together.
(b) They live across the hall from each other.
(c) They live on the same block.
(d) Even though they live a few miles from each other they go to the same school.
5. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
(b) D returning home.
(c) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
(d) Neeka hurting her ankle.
6. Who is Digital Underground?
(a) The group to which the girl who accuses Tupace belongs.
(b) A group from Tupac's early days as an entertainer.
(c) The group accused of shooting Tupac.
(d) The group to which Tupac currently belongs.
7. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Stong arms.
(b) Instant rhythm.
(c) Skinned knees.
(d) Fights about turns.
8. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) It is no gang territory.
(b) Her aunt lives there.
(c) The pretty trees.
(d) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
9. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She doesn't know her mother.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She has no feelings about her.
10. For what is Jayjones known?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Having a car.
(c) Playing football.
(d) Being a straight A student.
11. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) In Two, Out One.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) Seven jump spin.
(d) Double Dutch.
12. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
(a) No one.
13. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) They have never wanted to visit D.
(b) They don't have money for the bus.
(c) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(d) D won't let them see where she lives.
14. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Watching music videos.
(c) Watching a basketball game.
(d) Watching gangs fight on the street.
15. What racial heritage is D?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator see Tupac?
2. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
3. For what was Tupac known?
4. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
5. Who hassles Jayjones?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)