|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator always doing?
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Drawing pictures.
(d) Talking on the phone.
2. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
(a) The sidewalk is too cracked to play hopscotch.
(b) Everyone has to learn jump rope on her own.
(c) Jacks are for babies.
(d) The baby brother is a lot of trouble.
3. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Lets the father take it.
(b) Gives it up for adoption.
(c) Throws it in the garbage can.
(d) Raises it by herself.
4. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
(a) Friday before Thanksgiving.
(b) Thanksgiving Day.
(c) The day after Thanksgiving.
(d) Easter Sunday.
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) Seven jump spin.
(b) Double Dutch.
(c) In Two, Out One.
(d) London Bridge.
6. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(d) Because he was a smart aleck.
7. What racial heritage is D?
8. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She has no feelings about her.
(b) She doesn't know her mother.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She hates her.
9. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was a football player.
(b) He was a rapper.
(c) He was a rock singer.
(d) He was an actor.
10. What is D's foster mother's name?
11. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the spring of 1993.
(b) To the summer of 1994.
(c) To the winter of 1994.
(d) To the summer of 1995.
12. What is Neeka's second brother's name?`
13. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(b) About hanging out with the narrator.
(c) About being an only child.
(d) About having a lot of brothers.
14. How many children are in Neeka's family?
15. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
(a) Obscene lyrics.
(b) Killing a taxi driver accidentally.
(c) Income tax evasion.
(d) Sexually abusing a young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
2. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
3. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
4. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
5. How did the narrator see Tupac?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)