|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
2. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) She will marry a wealthy man.
(b) She will go to college.
(c) Her biological mother will come for her.
(d) She will become a movie star.
3. What is Neeka's second brother's name?`
4. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) The pretty trees.
(b) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
(c) Her aunt lives there.
(d) It is no gang territory.
5. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
(a) Everyone has to learn jump rope on her own.
(b) The baby brother is a lot of trouble.
(c) The sidewalk is too cracked to play hopscotch.
(d) Jacks are for babies.
6. Why have several colleges contacted Jayjones?
(a) Because of his high SAT scores.
(b) Because of his athletic skills.
(c) No colleges have shown interest in Jayjones.
(d) Because of his high grade point average.
7. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
(a) On the escalator in the mall.
(b) In the park.
(c) No where.
(d) He snuck into a YMCA.
8. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
(a) Of the hisher rent limits being considered.
(b) About the inequality of the races in college success.
(c) A new set of posh condos being built down the street.
(d) Tupac's trial.
9. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Watching music videos.
(b) Watching gangs fight on the street.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Watching a basketball game.
10. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She has two brothers.
(b) She has one brother and one sister.
(c) She is an only child.
(d) She has four brothers and a sister.
11. What is Neeka's mother like?
(a) Stern and unyielding.
(b) Overbearing but loving.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She is a drug addict.
12. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) Living with his father.
(c) The book doesn't say.
(d) In jail.
13. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
(a) The class on racism that is required in school.
(b) Letting the white boys win the basketball pickup game.
(c) The cops stopping black men for no reason.
(d) A suit and college degree.
14. To what famous group did Tupac's mother belong?
(a) The Bloods.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) Students for a Democractic Society.
(d) The Hell's Angels.
15. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
(a) That some white boys beat up a black kid on the ball court.
(b) That Tupac is acquitted.
(c) That Tupac has been shot.
(d) That Tupac is sentenced to 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
2. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
3. For what was Tupac known?
4. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
5. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)