|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Quiet and reserved.
(b) Happy and outgoing.
2. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
(a) He loved her very much.
(b) He was indifferent to her.
(c) He didn't respect her.
(d) He hated her.
3. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Stong arms.
(b) Fights about turns.
(c) Skinned knees.
(d) Instant rhythm.
4. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
(a) On the escalator in the mall.
(b) In the park.
(c) No where.
(d) He snuck into a YMCA.
5. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
(a) That Tupac is sentenced to 20 years.
(b) That Tupac is acquitted.
(c) That some white boys beat up a black kid on the ball court.
(d) That Tupac has been shot.
6. Why is Tash in jail?
(a) Gang fighting.
(b) House burglary.
(c) An unnamed crime.
(d) Armed robbery.
7. What is D's foster mother's name?
8. What is the narrator's mother like?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) Nice enough but standoffish.
(c) Loving but is mostly gone.
(d) A drug addict.
9. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they know Jesus.
(b) If they go to church.
(c) Where they came from and what they are like.
(d) If they are wealthy.
10. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) D won't let them see where she lives.
(b) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(c) They don't have money for the bus.
(d) They have never wanted to visit D.
11. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
(a) November, 1994.
(b) August, 1992.
(c) October, 1993.
(d) December, 1995.
12. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
(a) Sitting on the stoop talking.
(b) Playing hopscotch.
(c) Playing jacks.
(d) Teaching kids to jump rope.
13. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six months.
(c) For two years.
(d) Since they were babies.
14. For what is Jayjones known?
(a) Having a car.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Playing football.
(d) Being a straight A student.
15. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
(a) He made it up himself.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From his father.
(d) From his ball t-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
2. Why was Albert named as he was?
3. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
4. What is Neeka's mother like?
5. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)