|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
(b) No one.
2. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of the narrator's father.
(b) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
(c) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(d) Of what could have been.
3. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Join the Marines.
(b) Join the Army.
(c) Give up basketball.
(d) Work hard at his basketball.
4. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
(a) Killing a taxi driver accidentally.
(b) Sexually abusing a young woman.
(c) Income tax evasion.
(d) Obscene lyrics.
5. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
(a) October, 1993.
(b) August, 1992.
(c) November, 1994.
(d) December, 1995.
6. What is Neeka's mother like?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She is a drug addict.
(c) Stern and unyielding.
(d) Overbearing but loving.
7. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The older boys.
(b) The narrator's mother.
(c) Neeka's mother.
(d) The younger girls.
8. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) She likes her foster mother.
(b) It is better than living on the street.
(c) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
(d) She is a very polite girl.
9. For what is Jayjones known?
(a) Playing football.
(b) Being a straight A student.
(c) Playing basketball.
(d) Having a car.
10. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
(a) How wonderful life is.
(b) Whether guns should be outlawed.
(c) D's influence on her life.
(d) D's bad choices.
11. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That her family lives so far away.
(b) That she never had a son.
(c) That she has to work so much.
(d) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
12. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) Living with his father.
(b) In jail.
(c) In Washington, D.C.
(d) The book doesn't say.
13. Why is Tash in jail?
(a) House burglary.
(b) Gang fighting.
(c) Armed robbery.
(d) An unnamed crime.
14. What is D's foster mother's name?
15. In what movie does Tupac play a starring role?
(c) Snappin' Rappin'.
(d) Just Set Your Course.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation does the narrator have?
2. Why was Albert named as he was?
3. How long have Neeka and the narrator known each other?
4. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
5. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)