|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of the narrator's father.
(b) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(c) Of what could have been.
(d) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
2. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
(c) No one.
3. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her freedom to roam the city.
(b) Her coppery hair.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her large family.
4. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) The kids won't listen to them.
(b) Neeka's mother calls her home.
(c) The ice cream truck pulls up.
(d) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) Seven jump spin.
(c) In Two, Out One.
(d) Double Dutch.
6. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they know Jesus.
(b) If they go to church.
(c) Where they came from and what they are like.
(d) If they are wealthy.
7. For what does D envy Neeka?
(a) Her good looks.
(b) Her athletic ability.
(c) Her close, loving family.
(d) Her intelligence and good grades.
8. Of what is the rapper Tupac accused?
(a) Sexually abusing a young woman.
(b) Income tax evasion.
(c) Obscene lyrics.
(d) Killing a taxi driver accidentally.
9. How did the narrator see Tupac?
(a) As someone who wrote hateful songs.
(b) As a hero and survivor.
(c) As a truly great ball player.
(d) As a violent gang member.
10. What shocks D's friends?
(a) That she doesn't care that Tupac is shot.
(b) To learn she is so impoverished.
(c) That she swears at the white policeman.
(d) That she is leaving the city.
11. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
(a) That some white boys beat up a black kid on the ball court.
(b) That Tupac is sentenced to 20 years.
(c) That Tupac is acquitted.
(d) That Tupac has been shot.
12. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) Neeka hurting her ankle.
(b) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
(c) D returning home.
(d) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
13. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
(a) November, 1994.
(b) December, 1995.
(c) August, 1992.
(d) October, 1993.
14. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
(a) Get a college degree.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Play basketball for the prison team.
(d) Release an album.
15. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
(a) He loved her very much.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He was indifferent to her.
(d) He didn't respect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
2. Why have several colleges contacted Jayjones?
3. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
4. What reputation does the narrator have?
5. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)