|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a football player.
(c) He was a rock singer.
(d) He was a rapper.
2. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
(a) She thinks it is funny.
(b) She feels angry.
(c) She dislikes Jayjones.
3. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the spring of 1993.
(b) To the summer of 1994.
(c) To the summer of 1995.
(d) To the winter of 1994.
4. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was born with a brain disorder.
(b) He was not a nice man.
(c) He was really black.
(d) He died young.
5. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
(a) Even though they live a few miles from each other they go to the same school.
(b) They live across the hall from each other.
(c) Their mothers went to school together.
(d) They live on the same block.
6. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About twelve.
(b) About fourteen.
(c) About ten.
(d) About nine.
7. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D is maturing physically faster.
(b) D is the new girl on the block.
(c) D has more freedom than the other two.
(d) D knows how to flirt better.
8. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Watching gangs fight on the street.
(c) Watching a basketball game.
(d) Watching music videos.
9. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She has two brothers.
(b) She has four brothers and a sister.
(c) She is an only child.
(d) She has one brother and one sister.
10. What racial heritage is D?
11. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(b) Because he was a smart aleck.
(c) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
(d) Because he is black.
12. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She admires her.
(b) She doesn't know her mother.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She has no feelings about her.
13. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Skinned knees.
(b) Instant rhythm.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Stong arms.
14. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From his ball t-shirt.
(c) From his father.
(d) He made it up himself.
15. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) They have never wanted to visit D.
(b) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(c) D won't let them see where she lives.
(d) They don't have money for the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
2. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
3. What is D allowed to do during the day?
4. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
5. What is D's foster mother's name?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)