|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
(b) Pretty girls don't like fries.
(c) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
(d) Pretty girls eat wings.
2. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Hamburgers and fries.
(d) Cuban sandwiches.
3. Where has Jayjones been exercising?
(a) No where.
(b) He snuck into a YMCA.
(c) In the park.
(d) On the escalator in the mall.
4. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
(a) Eating sweets before dinner.
(b) Listening to Tupac's music.
(c) Saying the word ain't.
(d) Talking about boys all the time.
5. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Give up basketball.
(b) Join the Army.
(c) Work hard at his basketball.
(d) Join the Marines.
6. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About hanging out with the narrator.
(b) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(c) About being an only child.
(d) About having a lot of brothers.
7. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Happy and outgoing.
(b) Quiet and reserved.
8. For what does D envy Neeka?
(a) Her close, loving family.
(b) Her athletic ability.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her intelligence and good grades.
9. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(b) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
(c) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(d) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
10. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
(a) Playing jacks.
(b) Sitting on the stoop talking.
(c) Teaching kids to jump rope.
(d) Playing hopscotch.
11. In what condition is Jayjones when he arrives?
(d) Anxious and out of breath.
12. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) Where they came from and what they are like.
(b) If they go to church.
(c) If they are wealthy.
(d) If they know Jesus.
13. What is D's foster mother's name?
14. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) Neeka's mother.
(b) The younger girls.
(c) The older boys.
(d) The narrator's mother.
15. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D knows how to flirt better.
(b) D is maturing physically faster.
(c) D is the new girl on the block.
(d) D has more freedom than the other two.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation does the narrator have?
2. Why was Albert named as he was?
3. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
4. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
5. How did the narrator see Tupac?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)