|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About having a lot of brothers.
(b) About being an only child.
(c) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(d) About hanging out with the narrator.
2. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
(a) About the inequality of the races in college success.
(b) Of the hisher rent limits being considered.
(c) A new set of posh condos being built down the street.
(d) Tupac's trial.
3. About how old were the three girl friends when Tupac was shot?
(a) About nine.
(b) About ten.
(c) About fourteen.
(d) About twelve.
4. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) D has a new dress.
(b) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
(c) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
(d) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
5. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) Grady High School.
(b) He is out of school.
(c) Washington School for the Arts.
(d) Lincoln High.
6. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To find out if D is a classmate.
(b) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
(c) To make certain that D has enough food.
(d) To find out if D is homeless.
7. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a star athlete.
(b) He is a hero.
(c) He is a racist.
(d) He is a genius.
8. What is Neeka's mother like?
(a) Stern and unyielding.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She is a drug addict.
(d) Overbearing but loving.
9. Who took D Foster away before Tupac was shot a second time?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her biological mother.
(d) Her foster mother.
10. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The older boys.
(b) Neeka's mother.
(c) The younger girls.
(d) The narrator's mother.
11. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She doesn't know her mother.
(b) She has no feelings about her.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She hates her.
12. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She has two brothers.
(b) She is an only child.
(c) She has one brother and one sister.
(d) She has four brothers and a sister.
13. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
(b) D returning home.
(c) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
(d) Neeka hurting her ankle.
14. What is Neeka's second brother's name?`
15. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
(a) Letting the white boys win the basketball pickup game.
(b) The cops stopping black men for no reason.
(c) A suit and college degree.
(d) The class on racism that is required in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is D allowed to do during the day?
2. What does D think one needs to find in life?
3. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
4. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
5. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)