|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) A gangster.
(b) A hate mongrel.
(c) An unlucky dude.
(d) A drug runner.
2. What is Neeka's mother like?
(a) Stern and unyielding.
(b) Overbearing but loving.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She is a drug addict.
3. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(b) To indicate he is gay.
(c) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(d) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
4. What is the narrator's mother like?
(a) A drug addict.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) Nice enough but standoffish.
(d) Loving but is mostly gone.
5. What is D allowed to do during the day?
(a) She is not allowed to do anything, she is on house arrest.
(b) Go to school and stay for after school activities.
(c) Go anywhere on the bus.
(d) Only go to school and come home.
6. For what is Jayjones known?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Playing football.
(c) Being a straight A student.
(d) Having a car.
7. How many times was Tupac shot the first time he was shot?
8. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That she has to work so much.
(b) That her family lives so far away.
(c) That she never had a son.
(d) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
9. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She is an only child.
(b) She has four brothers and a sister.
(c) She has two brothers.
(d) She has one brother and one sister.
10. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) It is better than living on the street.
(b) She is a very polite girl.
(c) She likes her foster mother.
(d) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
11. Why have several colleges contacted Jayjones?
(a) Because of his athletic skills.
(b) Because of his high SAT scores.
(c) No colleges have shown interest in Jayjones.
(d) Because of his high grade point average.
12. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
(a) From his father.
(b) He made it up himself.
(c) From his ball t-shirt.
(d) From his mother.
13. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
(a) Of the hisher rent limits being considered.
(b) A new set of posh condos being built down the street.
(c) About the inequality of the races in college success.
(d) Tupac's trial.
14. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) Double Dutch.
(c) Seven jump spin.
(d) In Two, Out One.
15. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of sounding like their mother.
(b) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
(c) Of wanting him to become too white.
(d) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
2. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
3. Who hassles Jayjones?
4. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
5. Why was Albert named as he was?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)