|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) A hate mongrel.
(b) A drug runner.
(c) An unlucky dude.
(d) A gangster.
2. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) He is out of school.
(b) Grady High School.
(c) Lincoln High.
(d) Washington School for the Arts.
3. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was not a nice man.
(b) He was born with a brain disorder.
(c) He died young.
(d) He was really black.
4. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Happy and outgoing.
(d) Quiet and reserved.
5. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) The day after Thanksgiving.
(d) Friday before Thanksgiving.
6. To what famous group did Tupac's mother belong?
(a) Students for a Democractic Society.
(b) The Bloods.
(c) The Black Panthers.
(d) The Hell's Angels.
7. What is the narrator's mother like?
(a) A drug addict.
(b) Nice enough but standoffish.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) Loving but is mostly gone.
8. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
(a) D won't let them see where she lives.
(b) They aren't allowed to leave the block.
(c) They don't have money for the bus.
(d) They have never wanted to visit D.
9. What is the narrator always doing?
(a) Playing basketball.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Drawing pictures.
10. Where was Tupac's mother when she was pregnant with him?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) In jail.
(c) The book doesn't say.
(d) Living with his father.
11. What does Mama ask about D and her family?
(a) If they go to church.
(b) If they are wealthy.
(c) Where they came from and what they are like.
(d) If they know Jesus.
12. Who hassles Jayjones?
(a) A cop.
(b) Some older boys.
(c) A janitor.
(d) The mall security guard.
13. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Gives it up for adoption.
(b) Raises it by herself.
(c) Throws it in the garbage can.
(d) Lets the father take it.
14. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Skinned knees.
(b) Instant rhythm.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Stong arms.
15. Why does D obey her foster mother?
(a) She is a very polite girl.
(b) She likes her foster mother.
(c) She doesn't want to go to a juvenile center.
(d) It is better than living on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
2. What is Neeka's mother like?
3. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
4. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
5. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)