Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Tupac Shakur and getting shot in the prologue?
2. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about Tupac?
3. What do the narrator and Neeka dream about when they listen to Tupac's music and how old are they?
4. What does Tupac's death make the narrator think about and what is the rest of the book about?
5. What are D, the narrator, and Neeka doing in the opening of Chapter 1 and what is "Brenda's Got a Baby" about?
6. What does the narrator think about Tupac and the song "Brenda's Got a Baby"?
7. What does D say looking at Tupac does to her?
8. Who is D's foster mother, what is she like, and why does D obey her?
9. What is Neeka's mother like, what is her name and how does she feel about D when she first meets D?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)