|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a final Christmas surprise, Grandma did what?
(a) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket so that brother Joey could visit.
(b) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket for Mary Alice to visit her family.
(c) Took all the money from the hides and bought train tickets for Mary Alice's entire family to visit.
(d) Took all the money from the hides and bought Mary Alice a horse.
2. Royce and Mary Alice awkwardly meet, and there is obvious _________.
3. There are rumors of trying to do what to Arnold?
(a) Convince him to stay permanently.
(b) Run him out of town as a corrupting influence.
(c) Put him in jail.
(d) Get him to marry Maxine.
4. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(c) Land speculator.
5. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
(a) They are cautious around him.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They all swoon, including Mary Alice.
(d) They ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
2. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
3. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
4. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
5. After Maxine is gone, Grandma explains that she kept a _________ in the rafters of the attic in order to keep the birds away.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)