|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) Augie Fluke.
(b) The Burdick family.
(c) The local fur broker.
(d) A neighbor.
2. Things are just about to go great when what happens?
(a) A tornado hits.
(b) Royce says he must go home.
(c) Arnold Green comes down from the attic.
(d) An ear-rending scream from the attic fills the air.
3. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
(a) Wash their hair.
(b) Wash the laundry.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) Make dinner.
4. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
(a) He was tutor Maxine.
(b) He was asking Maxine to marry him.
(c) He was painting a nude portrait of Maxine when the snake fell from the rafters onto Maxine.
(d) He was having tea with Maxine.
5. In a final Christmas surprise, Grandma did what?
(a) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket for Mary Alice to visit her family.
(b) Took all the money from the hides and bought train tickets for Mary Alice's entire family to visit.
(c) Took all the money from the hides and bought a train ticket so that brother Joey could visit.
(d) Took all the money from the hides and bought Mary Alice a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
2. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
3. Royce and Mary Alice awkwardly meet, and there is obvious _________.
4. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
5. Carleen Lovejoy will play the leader of ______________, and she is intent on outshining all others.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girls react when a new boy enrolls in school? How does Mary Alice act? Why might she act this way?
2. How is Carleen Lovejoy like Mildred Burdick?
3. What is the most important part of the Christmas program? Why is it surprising that Mary Alice is chosen to play an important role in this? Why might she have been chosen?
4. How do Ina-Rae and Mary Alice get back at Carleen? Why do they do it in this way?
5. What is one way that Grandma surprises Mary Alice during this holiday season? How is this important?
6. How does Grandma initially respond to Mrs. Weidenbach's request? Why?
7. Why might the townspeople act this way toward this strange man?
8. What is another way that Grandma surprises Mary Alice during this holiday season? How is this surprise important?
9. Why does Mrs. Weidenbach ask for Grandma's help? Why is this surprising?
10. What does Bootsie bring back to Mary Alice? Why might he do this?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)