|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Final exams are coming up at school, and while a whiz at English and composition, Mary Alice struggled with __________.
2. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
(a) The rubber waders and the corn.
(b) The rubber waders and the pumpkins.
(c) The rubber waders and the pecans.
(d) The rubber waders and walnut shells.
3. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
(a) He was painting a nude portrait of Maxine when the snake fell from the rafters onto Maxine.
(b) He was having tea with Maxine.
(c) He was tutor Maxine.
(d) He was asking Maxine to marry him.
4. What is the DAR?
(a) Day of Armistice Resolve.
(b) Daughters of Armed Revolution.
(c) Daughters of the American Revolution.
(d) Daughters for Allied Revolt.
5. Why is the answer to number 113 a problem?
(a) Every DAR member looks forward to the famous cherry tarts, and it will be a terrible blow if tarts are not made.
(b) Mary Alice has never been in trouble before.
(c) Grandma and Mrs. Vottsmeier do not get along.
(d) Grandma does not allow guests in her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
2. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
3. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
4. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
5. Grandma discovers Arnold is a single man, and ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the strange man who comes calling? Why?
2. How does Mary Alice finally take a chance and ask Royce over to visit? How does Grandma feel about this? Why?
3. What is the most important part of the Christmas program? Why is it surprising that Mary Alice is chosen to play an important role in this? Why might she have been chosen?
4. What is the final surprise in this chapter? Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
5. What is learned about Mrs. Weidenbach? How is this significant?
6. How do the townspeople treat Arnold after this shocking event? Why?
7. What is another way that Grandma surprises Mary Alice during this holiday season? How is this surprise important?
8. What is Grandma's final surprise for Mary Alice? What does this reinforce about Grandma?
9. How has Mary Alice's relationship with the other girls changed? In what ways has it stayed the same?
10. Why might the townspeople act this way toward this strange man?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)