|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
2. One day in the cold of _____________, Mrs. Weidenbach knocks at the door.
3. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
(a) The rubber waders and walnut shells.
(b) The rubber waders and the pumpkins.
(c) The rubber waders and the pecans.
(d) The rubber waders and the corn.
4. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
(a) Public opinion shifts against Royce and for Arnold.
(b) Public opinion shifts for Maxine and away from Arnold.
(c) Public opinion shifts against Maxine and for Arnold.
(d) Public opinion shifts against Grandma and for Arnold.
5. In response, Grandma plays matchmaker and hosts a dinner with Arnold Green and who?
(a) Mary Alice.
(c) The English teacher Miss Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the answer to number 113 a problem?
2. Mrs. Weidenbach is ready to__________ at these horrible new revelations.
3. There are rumors of trying to do what to Arnold?
4. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
5. To everyone's consternation, Maxine Patch bounds down the stairs how?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople treat Arnold after this shocking event? Why?
2. What does Grandma do to pay the bills and survive during the Great Depression? How is this foreshadowed?
3. How do the girls react when a new boy enrolls in school? How does Mary Alice act? Why might she act this way?
4. What does Bootsie bring back to Mary Alice? Why might he do this?
5. How has Mary Alice's relationship with the other girls changed? In what ways has it stayed the same?
6. How does Mrs. Weidenbach act when Grandma agrees to bake the tarts, if the meeting is held at Grandma's home? Why does she react this way?
7. Why does Mrs. Weidenbach ask for Grandma's help? Why is this surprising?
8. Why does Grandma change her mind regarding Mrs. Weidenbach's request?
9. How does Grandma initially respond to Mrs. Weidenbach's request? Why?
10. How is Carleen Lovejoy like Mildred Burdick?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)