|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
(a) Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Alderson.
(b) Mrs. DeVane and Mrs. Castagliola.
(c) Mrs. Wilcox and Aunt Mae Griswold.
(d) Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Greene.
2. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
(a) Courting Augie.
(b) Writing a brief column in the local newspaper.
(c) Planning a trip to visit her family.
(d) Making presents for Grandma.
3. The meeting proceeds, and Mrs. Weidenbach takes an opportunity to brag about what?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her wealth.
(d) Her family lineage.
4. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
(a) The main speaker.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) An angel.
(d) The lead dancer.
5. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(a) Yes, if she provides all the refreshments.
(b) Yes, if Mrs. Vottsmeier does not attend.
(c) Yes, if Mary Alice may attend as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
2. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
3. The heart of the program is what?
4. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
5. A terrified Arnold Green pads down the stairs. How does he explain this surprising event?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)