|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(b) Baby Jesus.
(c) Mary Alice.
2. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
3. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
(a) On a Tuesday.
(b) On a Saturday.
(c) On a Thursday.
(d) On a Sunday.
4. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(a) Walnut shells.
5. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) Her everyday clothes.
(b) A simple robe.
(c) Plain bedsheets.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ remains Mary Alice's biggest nemesis.
2. The meeting proceeds, and Mrs. Weidenbach takes an opportunity to brag about what?
3. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
4. Royce shows himself to be very good at math, and partly to romance him, Mary Alice does what?
5. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bootsie bring back to Mary Alice? Why might he do this?
2. Why does Grandma change her mind regarding Mrs. Weidenbach's request?
3. What is the most important part of the Christmas program? Why is it surprising that Mary Alice is chosen to play an important role in this? Why might she have been chosen?
4. What is one way that Grandma surprises Mary Alice during this holiday season? How is this important?
5. How do the townspeople treat Arnold after this shocking event? Why?
6. How do Ina-Rae and Mary Alice get back at Carleen? Why do they do it in this way?
7. How do the girls react when a new boy enrolls in school? How does Mary Alice act? Why might she act this way?
8. How is Mary Alice's date interrupted? How is this foreshadowed?
9. What newspaper column does Mary Alice write? Why might she do this?
10. How has Mary Alice's relationship with the other girls changed? In what ways has it stayed the same?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)