|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
(a) A new pair of earrings.
(b) A halo she made from tin cans.
(c) A toy crown.
(d) A case of makeup.
2. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(a) Mrs. Wilcox.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Greene.
3. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
4. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
(a) Grandma's understanding of the DAR.
(b) Grandma's intelligence.
(c) Grandma's interest in the DAR.
(d) Grandma's beauty.
5. Grandma discovers Arnold is a single man, and ___________.
(a) He would be perfect for Miss Butler.
(b) He may try to seduce Mary Alice.
(c) Man-hungry Maxine Patch will be trying to seduce him.
(d) He may be looking for a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
2. After Maxine is gone, Grandma explains that she kept a _________ in the rafters of the attic in order to keep the birds away.
3. In response, Grandma plays matchmaker and hosts a dinner with Arnold Green and who?
4. Why is the answer to number 113 a problem?
5. ________________ remains Mary Alice's biggest nemesis.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Weidenbach ask for Grandma's help? Why is this surprising?
2. What does Grandma do to pay the bills and survive during the Great Depression? How is this foreshadowed?
3. What does Bootsie bring back to Mary Alice? Why might he do this?
4. How does Grandma take advantage of this man? Why does she do this?
5. How does Mary Alice finally take a chance and ask Royce over to visit? How does Grandma feel about this? Why?
6. How has Mary Alice's relationship with the other girls changed? In what ways has it stayed the same?
7. What is learned about Mrs. Weidenbach? How is this significant?
8. Why is this man in town? What does Grandma think of this?
9. How is Carleen Lovejoy like Mildred Burdick?
10. How do Ina-Rae and Mary Alice get back at Carleen? Why do they do it in this way?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)