|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(a) She wants to be a member of the DAR.
(b) Mary Alice has begged her to agree.
(c) Mrs. Weidenbach is her best friend.
(d) The DAR meeting take place at Grandma's own house.
2. How is public opinion affected by changes in Arnold's behavior to impress the woman Grandma introduced to him?
(a) Public opinion shifts against Maxine and for Arnold.
(b) Public opinion shifts against Grandma and for Arnold.
(c) Public opinion shifts against Royce and for Arnold.
(d) Public opinion shifts for Maxine and away from Arnold.
3. Taking advantage of Arnold's desperation, Grandma charges him the princely sum of _________________ a day for rent.
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Two and a half dollars.
4. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She is horrified.
5. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
Short Answer Questions
1. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
2. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
3. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
4. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
5. This man explains he was sent to Grandma by Maxine Patch, the postmistress, and that he is in town to do what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)