|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
(a) To bring the women of the town together.
(b) To relax and enjoy good food.
(c) To put Mrs. Weidenbach in her place.
(d) To show her friends how popular she is.
2. This man explains he was sent to Grandma by Maxine Patch, the postmistress, and that he is in town to do what?
(a) Teach school.
(b) Paint a mural on the post office wall.
(c) Build a statue.
(d) Work as a postmaster.
3. Mary Alice works up her nerve and writes an invitation to Royce. How does Royce respond?
4. Who turns out to be Mrs. Weidenbach's long-lost sistert?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Greene.
(d) Mrs. Wilcox.
5. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
(a) Mrs. Vottsmeier.
(b) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(c) Mary Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Weidenbach has come to Grandma because of what?
2. How does Mrs. Weidenbach react to Grandma's demand?
3. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
4. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
5. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Carleen Lovejoy like Mildred Burdick?
2. How has Mary Alice's relationship with the other girls changed? In what ways has it stayed the same?
3. How does Grandma take advantage of this man? Why does she do this?
4. How does Mary Alice finally take a chance and ask Royce over to visit? How does Grandma feel about this? Why?
5. Why does Mrs. Weidenbach ask for Grandma's help? Why is this surprising?
6. Who is the strange man who comes calling? Why?
7. Why is this man in town? What does Grandma think of this?
8. What is learned about Mrs. Weidenbach? How is this significant?
9. What is Grandma's final surprise for Mary Alice? What does this reinforce about Grandma?
10. How do Ina-Rae and Mary Alice get back at Carleen? Why do they do it in this way?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)