|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
(a) Grandma's beauty.
(b) Grandma's interest in the DAR.
(c) Grandma's understanding of the DAR.
(d) Grandma's intelligence.
2. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(d) Walnut shells.
3. The town seems to come down on whose side, regarding this event?
4. Also surprising, they go out and do what?
(a) Make a wreath out of fallen fir tree branches.
(b) Cut down a fir tree to act as a Christmas tree.
(c) Help out at a soup kitchen.
(d) Buy a Christmas tree.
5. Taking advantage of Arnold's desperation, Grandma charges him the princely sum of _________________ a day for rent.
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Two and a half dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Ten dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
2. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
3. Mrs. Weidenbach and the DAR ladies arrive and are ____________ the women's presence.
4. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
5. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)