|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carleen is incensed that mousy Ina-Rae would get more attention on Valentine's Day than her. Later, what is revealed?
(a) The entire class plotted against Carleen to make her jealous of Ina-Rae.
(b) Ina-Rae actually crafted the valentines to make Carleen mad.
(c) Mary Alice and Ina-Rae had hidden all the cards meant for Carleen.
(d) Mary Alice actually crafted the valentines to make Carleen mad.
2. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
3. How do the girls react to Royce McNabb, the new boy at school?
(a) They are cautious around him.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They all swoon, including Mary Alice.
(d) They ignore him.
4. Mary Alice figures her zany household has done what?
(a) Given Royce something about which to write a story.
(b) Ruined all chances of romance with Royce.
(c) Entertained Royce.
(d) Made Royce like her even more.
5. When do Mary Alice and Royce meet?
(a) On a Sunday.
(b) On a Tuesday.
(c) On a Thursday.
(d) On a Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
2. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
3. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
4. The heart of the program is what?
5. This man explains he was sent to Grandma by Maxine Patch, the postmistress, and that he is in town to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandma change her mind regarding Mrs. Weidenbach's request?
2. How does Grandma take advantage of this man? Why does she do this?
3. What does Bootsie bring back to Mary Alice? Why might he do this?
4. Why does Mrs. Weidenbach ask for Grandma's help? Why is this surprising?
5. How is Carleen Lovejoy like Mildred Burdick?
6. How do the girls react when a new boy enrolls in school? How does Mary Alice act? Why might she act this way?
7. What is one way that Grandma surprises Mary Alice during this holiday season? How is this important?
8. What is learned about Mrs. Weidenbach? How is this significant?
9. What does Grandma do to pay the bills and survive during the Great Depression? How is this foreshadowed?
10. Who is the strange man who comes calling? Why?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)