|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Weidenbach choose to go to Grandma Dowdel to solve this problem?
(a) Grandma Dowdel is the best cook she knows.
(b) She is Mary Alice's guardian.
(c) She has a large home.
(d) Grandma wants to be a member of the DAR.
2. DAR is having its annual gathering to celebrate what?
(a) The founding of the town.
(b) George Washington's birthday.
(c) The creation of the NRA.
(d) Armistice Day.
3. Grandma also has a vial of ________ to attract the animals.
4. Taking advantage of Arnold's desperation, Grandma charges him the princely sum of _________________ a day for rent.
(a) One dollar.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Two and a half dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
5. There are rumors of trying to do what to Arnold?
(a) Convince him to stay permanently.
(b) Run him out of town as a corrupting influence.
(c) Get him to marry Maxine.
(d) Put him in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mary Alice and Grandma helping each other do when a man with a strange accent comes calling in April?
2. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
3. Grandma had planned the whole gathering for what reason?
4. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
5. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)