|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of the night, the two have ______________.
(a) Six muskrats.
(b) One bear.
(c) Four foxes.
(d) Two beavers.
2. The annual _______________ program at the school is coming.
3. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
(a) A twig.
(b) A ball of yarn.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A mouse.
4. The big moment arrives, with a light being shone on whom?
(a) Mary Alice.
(d) Baby Jesus.
5. Carleen is incensed that mousy Ina-Rae would get more attention on Valentine's Day than her. Later, what is revealed?
(a) Mary Alice and Ina-Rae had hidden all the cards meant for Carleen.
(b) Ina-Rae actually crafted the valentines to make Carleen mad.
(c) The entire class plotted against Carleen to make her jealous of Ina-Rae.
(d) Mary Alice actually crafted the valentines to make Carleen mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma discovers Arnold is a single man, and ___________.
2. Two ancient ladies arrive for the DAR event, _______________, but they certainly aren't DAR ladies.
3. In a final Christmas surprise, Grandma did what?
4. How does Mary Alice feel about meeting Royce?
5. The man was sent by the government as part of the ________________ administration's ambitious public works project.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Weidenbach ask for Grandma's help? Why is this surprising?
2. What is another way that Grandma surprises Mary Alice during this holiday season? How is this surprise important?
3. How does Mrs. Weidenbach act when Grandma agrees to bake the tarts, if the meeting is held at Grandma's home? Why does she react this way?
4. How do the girls react when a new boy enrolls in school? How does Mary Alice act? Why might she act this way?
5. Why does Grandma change her mind regarding Mrs. Weidenbach's request?
6. How does Grandma initially respond to Mrs. Weidenbach's request? Why?
7. How is Mary Alice's date interrupted? How is this foreshadowed?
8. How is Carleen Lovejoy like Mildred Burdick?
9. How has Mary Alice's relationship with the other girls changed? In what ways has it stayed the same?
10. What does Bootsie bring back to Mary Alice? Why might he do this?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)