|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is humorous about the answer to number 59?
(a) The pie is made from her own apples.
(b) The cookies are made from her own almonds.
(c) The pie is made from her own pumpkins.
(d) The pudding is made from her own corn.
2. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
3. What does Grandma think of this holiday?
(a) It is her favorite.
(b) She does not think about this holiday.
(c) It is her least favorite.
(d) She hates it.
4. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) To the grocery store.
(b) To Grandma's house at the other end of town.
(c) To Ina Rae's house.
(d) To Augie's house.
5. Who is Mary Alice's favorite singer?
(a) The Andrews Sisters.
(b) Kate Smith.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Michael Buble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year?
2. Who is one of the last to be served?
3. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
4. This family is locally known for its nice _________________.
5. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandma get back at Old Man Nyquist? Should she have done this? Why or why not?
2. How does Grandma handle these pranksters?
3. What is burgoo stew? How might this represent life during the Great Depression?
4. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
5. How has Bootsie changed since he moved in with Grandma? What has led to this change?
6. Why does Mary Alice move in with her grandmother? What does this reveal about the Great Depression?
7. What warning does Grandma give Mary Alice before she leaves her at school? What does this warning foreshadow?
8. How does Mildred go about attempting to collect the dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about Mildred?
9. What does Grandma think about Halloween? Why does she feel this way? Why would the reader probably not be surprised by this?
10. How does Grandma greet Mary Alice? Why might she act this way?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)