|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A knife and a handsaw.
(b) A cut up can.
(c) Candy and cookies.
(d) A flashlight and beer.
2. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(b) Ina Rae.
3. Who is Mary Alice's favorite singer?
(a) Kate Smith.
(b) Michael Buble.
(c) The Andrews Sisters.
(d) Her mother.
4. What is burgoo stew?
(a) A beef stew.
(b) A stew made from scraps of whatever vegetables and trimmings happen to be available.
(c) A stew made from burgoo.
(d) A deer stew.
5. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
2. Who is the son of the principal?
3. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
4. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
5. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Old Man Nyquist upset Grandma?
2. What does Grandma do instead of participating in the sharpshooting competition? Why might she do this?
3. How does Grandma get back at Old Man Nyquist? Should she have done this? Why or why not?
4. What is burgoo stew? How might this represent life during the Great Depression?
5. Why is Mary Alice afraid at night in her room? How does she deal with this fear?
6. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
7. Where does Mary Alice go directly after arriving in town? What is happening there when Mary Alice arrives?
8. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
9. How does Grandma raise money for Mrs. Abernathy? Is this a good tactic? Why or why not?
10. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)