|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(b) She will be late to school the next day.
(c) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
(d) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
2. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
3. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Befriend her.
(b) Tease her.
(c) Ignore her.
(d) Beat her up.
4. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
(a) It commemorates the end of World War II.
(b) It commemorates the day the Civil War ended.
(c) It commemorates the end of World War I.
(d) It commemorates the day the U.S. took up arms against Great Britain during the Revolutionary War.
5. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In the cobhouse out back.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
2. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
3. Who is one of the last to be served?
4. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
5. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Mary Alice now find out who the pranksters were?
2. How does Mary Alice react to Mildred's plan for getting her dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about her?
3. What has happened to Mrs. Abernathy's son? Is this still seen today? Why or why not?
4. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
5. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
6. What happens to Bootsie one night? Why does this happen?
7. How has Bootsie changed since he moved in with Grandma? What has led to this change?
8. Describe Halloween in this town. Why might it be like this?
9. What warning does Grandma give Mary Alice before she leaves her at school? What does this warning foreshadow?
10. What does Grandma think about Halloween? Why does she feel this way? Why would the reader probably not be surprised by this?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)