|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
(a) He is on crutches.
(b) He is in a wheelchair, blinded, and mentally ill.
(c) He is unable to talk.
(d) He is lying in his bed, moaning.
2. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) The Principal, August Fluke.
(b) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
(c) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
(d) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
3. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Taunt the boys.
(b) Hide and wait.
(c) Place Bootsie on the wire.
(d) Go back inside the house.
4. What is the year?
5. What does the principal's son's appearance indicate?
(a) He fell down during the party.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He was the prankster Grandma had covered in glue.
(d) He is losing his eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pies turn the party from _______________.
2. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
3. For how long does Halloween go on?
4. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
5. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandma trick Mildred? What does this reveal about her?
2. How does Grandma raise money for Mrs. Abernathy? Is this a good tactic? Why or why not?
3. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
4. What does Grandma do when she arrives at the Pensingers' residence? Why does she do this?
5. How does Mary Alice react to Mildred's plan for getting her dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about her?
6. What does Grandma do instead of participating in the sharpshooting competition? Why might she do this?
7. Where does Mary Alice go directly after arriving in town? What is happening there when Mary Alice arrives?
8. Describe Halloween in this town. Why might it be like this?
9. How does Old Man Nyquist upset Grandma?
10. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)