|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the last to be served?
(a) Mary Alice.
(b) Augie Fluke.
2. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
3. What is humorous about the answer to number 59?
(a) The pie is made from her own pumpkins.
(b) The cookies are made from her own almonds.
(c) The pie is made from her own apples.
(d) The pudding is made from her own corn.
4. The next day, Grandma and Mary Alice drag a wagon to the home of farmer ___________.
(a) Old Lady Nyquist.
(b) Old Lady Lynquist.
(c) Old Man Nyquist.
(d) Old Man Lynquist.
5. The horse likely did what?
(a) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Ran back to Mildred's home.
(d) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
2. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
3. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
4. What does Grandma think of this holiday?
5. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mary Alice go directly after arriving in town? What is happening there when Mary Alice arrives?
2. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
3. What does Grandma think about Halloween? Why does she feel this way? Why would the reader probably not be surprised by this?
4. What warning does Grandma give Mary Alice before she leaves her at school? What does this warning foreshadow?
5. What has happened to Mrs. Abernathy's son? Is this still seen today? Why or why not?
6. Describe Halloween in this town. Why might it be like this?
7. How does Grandma continue to taunt the pranksters during the party? How might the pranksters feel about this?
8. What does Grandma do instead of participating in the sharpshooting competition? Why might she do this?
9. How does Grandma raise money for Mrs. Abernathy? Is this a good tactic? Why or why not?
10. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)