|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
(a) The pumpkin pie.
(b) The corn pudding.
(c) The almond cookies.
(d) The apple pie.
2. The next day, Grandma and Mary Alice drag a wagon to the home of farmer ___________.
(a) Old Man Nyquist.
(b) Old Man Lynquist.
(c) Old Lady Lynquist.
(d) Old Lady Nyquist.
3. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
(a) To see why Mrs. Abernathy is struggling.
(b) To help her.
(c) To help Mrs. Abernathy.
(d) To help Mrs. Abernathy clean her home.
4. What is burgoo stew?
(a) A beef stew.
(b) A stew made from burgoo.
(c) A deer stew.
(d) A stew made from scraps of whatever vegetables and trimmings happen to be available.
5. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Uncle Harold.
(b) Aunt Suzie.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Grandma Dowdel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
2. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
3. What is the year?
4. Who is Mary Alice's favorite singer?
5. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
2. How does Grandma raise money for Mrs. Abernathy? Is this a good tactic? Why or why not?
3. Where does Mary Alice go directly after arriving in town? What is happening there when Mary Alice arrives?
4. How does Old Man Nyquist upset Grandma?
5. What does Grandma think about Halloween? Why does she feel this way? Why would the reader probably not be surprised by this?
6. What does Grandma do instead of participating in the sharpshooting competition? Why might she do this?
7. How does Grandma get back at Old Man Nyquist? Should she have done this? Why or why not?
8. How has Bootsie changed since he moved in with Grandma? What has led to this change?
9. How does Grandma handle these pranksters?
10. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)