|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
(a) She completely ignores her.
(b) She begins to cry and tells her how much she has missed her.
(c) She gives her a huge hug.
(d) She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
2. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She finds Mildred's mother.
(b) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
(c) She goes for jam in the cellar.
(d) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
3. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
(a) The apple pie.
(b) The almond cookies.
(c) The pumpkin pie.
(d) The corn pudding.
4. What is the year?
5. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
2. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
3. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
4. The horse likely did what?
5. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
2. What does Grandma do when she arrives at the Pensingers' residence? Why does she do this?
3. Where does Mary Alice go directly after arriving in town? What is happening there when Mary Alice arrives?
4. How does Grandma raise money for Mrs. Abernathy? Is this a good tactic? Why or why not?
5. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
6. What happens to Bootsie one night? Why does this happen?
7. How does Mary Alice react to Mildred's plan for getting her dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about her?
8. How does Grandma greet Mary Alice? Why might she act this way?
9. How can Mary Alice now find out who the pranksters were?
10. How does Grandma handle these pranksters?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)