|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
2. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
(b) She will be late to school the next day.
(c) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(d) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
3. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
(b) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(c) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
(d) Mildred has been put in her place.
4. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Ask her to be her friend.
(b) Learn more about Mary Alice.
(c) Waste time.
(d) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
5. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
(a) Another high school student, Augie Fluke.
(b) The principal, August Fluke.
(c) An English teacher, Miss Butler.
(d) Mary Alice's brother, Joey.
Short Answer Questions
1. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
2. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
3. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
4. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
5. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Armistice Day? What is a holiday that we have that serves a similar purpose? What is the purpose of this holiday?
2. What happens to Bootsie one night? Why does this happen?
3. How does Grandma handle these pranksters?
4. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
5. What is the purpose of the Epilogue?
6. How does Grandma greet Mary Alice? Why might she act this way?
7. What is one way that Grandma surprises Mary Alice during this holiday season? How is this important?
8. What does Grandma do when she arrives at the Pensingers' residence? Why does she do this?
9. How does Mary Alice finally take a chance and ask Royce over to visit? How does Grandma feel about this? Why?
10. How does Grandma initially respond to Mrs. Weidenbach's request? Why?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)