Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Halloween is a _________ occasion in Grandma's town.
2. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
(a) She wants the farmer to know how mad she is.
(b) She makes it rain pecans.
(c) She needs a tractor.
(d) She does not think the farmer needs a tractor.
3. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) Their rent.
(b) The narrator's train ticket.
(c) Their utility bills.
(d) The narrator's college tuition.
4. Who is the son of the principal?
(a) Augie Fluke.
(b) Carl Aberdeen.
(c) Matthew Thomas.
(d) Darrel Smiley.
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Halloween go on?
2. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
3. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
4. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
5. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandma continue to taunt the pranksters during the party? How might the pranksters feel about this?
2. What is the most important part of the Christmas program? Why is it surprising that Mary Alice is chosen to play an important role in this? Why might she have been chosen?
3. Why is Mary Alice afraid at night in her room? How does she deal with this fear?
4. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
5. How is Carleen Lovejoy like Mildred Burdick?
6. How does Grandma take advantage of this man? Why does she do this?
7. Describe the events surrounding Augie's attempt to impress Mary Alice. What does this reinforce about his character?
8. How is Mary Alice's date interrupted? How is this foreshadowed?
9. How has Mary Alice's relationship with the other girls changed? In what ways has it stayed the same?
10. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)