|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
(a) Bake pumpkin and pecan pies for it.
(b) GIve her apples for bobbing.
(c) Make her a costume.
(d) Buy her treats to share.
2. How old is the narrator?
3. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Louisa May Alcott.
4. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(c) Ina Rae.
5. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
(a) Six months.
(b) The year.
(c) The week.
(d) The month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead, what does Grandma do?
2. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
3. Augie panics and flees. Why?
4. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
5. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Bootsie changed since he moved in with Grandma? What has led to this change?
2. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
3. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
4. How does Mildred go about attempting to collect the dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about Mildred?
5. How does Grandma trick Mildred? What does this reveal about her?
6. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
7. Describe Halloween in this town. Why might it be like this?
8. What has happened to Mrs. Abernathy's son? Is this still seen today? Why or why not?
9. Describe the events surrounding Augie's attempt to impress Mary Alice. What does this reinforce about his character?
10. How does Grandma greet Mary Alice? Why might she act this way?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)