|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Hide and wait.
(b) Go back inside the house.
(c) Taunt the boys.
(d) Place Bootsie on the wire.
2. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
(a) The sauce.
(b) The soup.
(c) The glue.
(d) The tar.
3. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
(a) The principal, August Fluke.
(b) An English teacher, Miss Butler.
(c) Mary Alice's brother, Joey.
(d) Another high school student, Augie Fluke.
4. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
(a) She likes him a lot.
(b) She does not think about him often.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She does not care for him.
5. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Mildred's demand.
(b) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(c) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(d) Mildred's following her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
2. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
3. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
4. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
5. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is burgoo stew? How might this represent life during the Great Depression?
2. What is theme is strong in this section? Support your response with information from this section.
3. How does Grandma get back at Old Man Nyquist? Should she have done this? Why or why not?
4. What does Grandma think about Halloween? Why does she feel this way? Why would the reader probably not be surprised by this?
5. What warning does Grandma give Mary Alice before she leaves her at school? What does this warning foreshadow?
6. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
7. How does Mildred go about attempting to collect the dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about Mildred?
8. How does Grandma handle these pranksters?
9. Where does Mary Alice go directly after arriving in town? What is happening there when Mary Alice arrives?
10. What is Armistice Day? What is a holiday that we have that serves a similar purpose? What is the purpose of this holiday?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)