|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal's son's appearance indicate?
(a) He fell down during the party.
(b) He was the prankster Grandma had covered in glue.
(c) He is losing his eyesight.
(d) He is ill.
2. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) On a motorcycle.
(b) On a bike.
(c) In a car.
(d) On a horse.
3. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
(a) Her favorite pencil.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) Her homework.
4. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
5. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
2. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
3. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
4. What is burgoo stew?
5. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Mrs. Abernathy's son? Is this still seen today? Why or why not?
2. How does Mildred go about attempting to collect the dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about Mildred?
3. How does Old Man Nyquist upset Grandma?
4. How does Grandma trick Mildred? What does this reveal about her?
5. What happens to Bootsie one night? Why does this happen?
6. How does Grandma continue to taunt the pranksters during the party? How might the pranksters feel about this?
7. What is theme is strong in this section? Support your response with information from this section.
8. What is burgoo stew? How might this represent life during the Great Depression?
9. What does Grandma do instead of participating in the sharpshooting competition? Why might she do this?
10. How does Grandma get back at Old Man Nyquist? Should she have done this? Why or why not?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)