|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pies turn the party from _______________.
(a) Games to food.
(b) Large to small.
(c) Fun to pathetic.
(d) Pathetic to fun.
2. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
(a) Her lap.
(b) Her kitchen table.
(c) A picnic table outside.
(d) Mrs. Abernathy's table.
3. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(b) She finds Mildred's mother.
(c) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
(d) She goes for jam in the cellar.
4. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) Their utility bills.
(b) The narrator's train ticket.
(c) The narrator's college tuition.
(d) Their rent.
5. The next day, Grandma and Mary Alice drag a wagon to the home of farmer ___________.
(a) Old Man Nyquist.
(b) Old Man Lynquist.
(c) Old Lady Lynquist.
(d) Old Lady Nyquist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
2. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
3. Finally home, Grandma cuts the food open with what?
4. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary Alice react to Mildred's plan for getting her dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about her?
2. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
3. How does Old Man Nyquist upset Grandma?
4. What does Grandma do when she arrives at the Pensingers' residence? Why does she do this?
5. What is Armistice Day? What is a holiday that we have that serves a similar purpose? What is the purpose of this holiday?
6. How does Grandma continue to taunt the pranksters during the party? How might the pranksters feel about this?
7. How has Bootsie changed since he moved in with Grandma? What has led to this change?
8. How does Grandma raise money for Mrs. Abernathy? Is this a good tactic? Why or why not?
9. What has happened to Mrs. Abernathy's son? Is this still seen today? Why or why not?
10. How does Mildred go about attempting to collect the dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about Mildred?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)