|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
2. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Hide and wait.
(b) Place Bootsie on the wire.
(c) Go back inside the house.
(d) Taunt the boys.
3. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
(a) An English teacher, Miss Butler.
(b) Mary Alice's brother, Joey.
(c) Another high school student, Augie Fluke.
(d) The principal, August Fluke.
4. Augie panics and flees. Why?
(a) Grandma is running towards him.
(b) Mary Alice is upset that he shot the rabbit.
(c) The car he shoots is owned by an irate Legionnaire.
(d) He does not want to look dumb in front of Mary Alice.
5. Wordlessly, Grandma stews up some _______ on the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
2. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
3. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
5. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a main reason for why Mary Alice does not want to move in with her grandmother? Why might she feel this way?
2. How does Grandma defeat Mildred, the bully? What lesson does this teach Mary Alice?
3. What does Grandma think about Halloween? Why does she feel this way? Why would the reader probably not be surprised by this?
4. What does Grandma do when she arrives at the Pensingers' residence? Why does she do this?
5. How has Bootsie changed since he moved in with Grandma? What has led to this change?
6. How can Mary Alice now find out who the pranksters were?
7. What does Mary Alice bring to Grandma's house? Why does she bring this?
8. How does Grandma handle these pranksters?
9. Why does Mary Alice move in with her grandmother? What does this reveal about the Great Depression?
10. How does Grandma raise money for Mrs. Abernathy? Is this a good tactic? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)