|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
(a) She makes corn pudding for the school Halloween party.
(b) She makes apple pies for the school Halloween party.
(c) Make pumpkin pies for the school Halloween party.
(d) She makes almond cookies for the school Halloween party.
2. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
3. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
4. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) American Legion.
(b) Military Post.
(c) Boy Scouts.
(d) National Rifle Association.
5. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(c) Ina Rae.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
2. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
3. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
4. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
5. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Bootsie changed since he moved in with Grandma? What has led to this change?
2. Where does Mary Alice go directly after arriving in town? What is happening there when Mary Alice arrives?
3. What has happened to Mrs. Abernathy's son? Is this still seen today? Why or why not?
4. What does Grandma do when she arrives at the Pensingers' residence? Why does she do this?
5. Why is Mary Alice afraid at night in her room? How does she deal with this fear?
6. How does Mary Alice react to Mildred's plan for getting her dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about her?
7. How does Grandma get back at Old Man Nyquist? Should she have done this? Why or why not?
8. Why does Mary Alice move in with her grandmother? What does this reveal about the Great Depression?
9. What does Grandma think about Halloween? Why does she feel this way? Why would the reader probably not be surprised by this?
10. How does Mildred go about attempting to collect the dollar from Mary Alice? What does this reveal about Mildred?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)