|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
(b) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
(c) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
(d) The Principal, August Fluke.
2. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He can dance.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is a good shot.
3. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
(a) He is lying in his bed, moaning.
(b) He is in a wheelchair, blinded, and mentally ill.
(c) He is on crutches.
(d) He is unable to talk.
4. This family is locally known for its nice _________________.
5. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Visiting a neighbor.
(b) Going for a walk.
(c) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
(d) Fetching jam from the cellar.
6. What is wrong with the principal's son?
(a) He has a bald, irritated head and a bandaged nose.
(b) He is on crutches.
(c) He is coughing.
(d) He is wearing glasses.
7. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A knife and a handsaw.
(b) A cut up can.
(c) A flashlight and beer.
(d) Candy and cookies.
8. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
9. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Tease her.
(c) Befriend her.
(d) Beat her up.
10. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
11. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
(a) Another high school student, Augie Fluke.
(b) Mary Alice's brother, Joey.
(c) The principal, August Fluke.
(d) An English teacher, Miss Butler.
12. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
(a) Her homework.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Her favorite pencil.
(d) Her lunch.
13. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(a) All who can afford it.
(b) The poor.
(c) The men.
14. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the yard.
(d) In the cobhouse out back.
15. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary Alice's favorite singer?
2. Who is one of the last to be served?
3. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
4. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
5. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)