|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the cobhouse out back.
2. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On a motorcycle.
(d) On a bike.
3. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
4. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) Her brother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her Grandmother.
(d) Her sister.
5. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
6. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
(a) The year.
(b) The week.
(c) The month.
(d) Six months.
7. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(b) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(c) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(d) Mary Alice is very rich.
8. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(b) Mildred's following her.
(c) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(d) Mildred's demand.
9. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(a) Fried chicken.
(d) Corn bread.
10. How old is the narrator?
11. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
12. The horse likely did what?
(a) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(b) Ran back to Mildred's home.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
13. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
(a) She makes apple pies for the school Halloween party.
(b) She makes almond cookies for the school Halloween party.
(c) Make pumpkin pies for the school Halloween party.
(d) She makes corn pudding for the school Halloween party.
14. What does Grandma think of this holiday?
(a) It is her favorite.
(b) She does not think about this holiday.
(c) It is her least favorite.
(d) She hates it.
15. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
(a) Whether or not they should eat pie.
(b) Whether or not the rest of her class wants treats.
(c) Whether or not they are invited guests.
(d) Whether or not they are stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is burgoo stew?
2. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
3. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
5. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)