|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year?
2. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
3. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the cobhouse out back.
4. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
(a) He can dance.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is smart.
(d) He is a good shot.
5. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
(a) Mary Alice.
(b) Mrs. Pensinger.
(c) Augie Fluke.
6. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
(a) She needs a tractor.
(b) She makes it rain pecans.
(c) She wants the farmer to know how mad she is.
(d) She does not think the farmer needs a tractor.
7. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
8. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(b) NRA members.
(c) Boy Scouts.
9. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
(a) Whether or not the rest of her class wants treats.
(b) Whether or not they are stealing.
(c) Whether or not they are invited guests.
(d) Whether or not they should eat pie.
10. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) Mrs. Abernathy.
(b) Mr. Weidenbach.
(c) Mary Alice.
(d) August Fluke.
11. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
12. The horse likely did what?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(c) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(d) Ran back to Mildred's home.
13. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
(b) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
(c) Mary Alice screams at him.
(d) He hits his target.
14. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Binghamton's.
(b) Miss Butler's.
(c) Miss Bonnie's.
(d) Miss Bate's.
15. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Mildred has been put in her place.
(b) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(c) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
(d) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
2. Instead, what does Grandma do?
3. Who is one of the last to be served?
4. Who is Mary Alice's favorite singer?
5. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)