|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
(b) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(c) She will be late to school the next day.
(d) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
2. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
3. Who is the son of the principal?
(a) Carl Aberdeen.
(b) Augie Fluke.
(c) Matthew Thomas.
(d) Darrel Smiley.
4. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
(a) To help her.
(b) To help Mrs. Abernathy clean her home.
(c) To see why Mrs. Abernathy is struggling.
(d) To help Mrs. Abernathy.
5. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
6. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) A gang.
(b) A union.
(c) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(d) The military.
7. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Put dirt on it.
(b) Add extra whipped topping.
(c) Make it a large piece.
(d) Cut it with his own knife.
8. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
(a) She likes him a lot.
(b) She does not care for him.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She does not think about him often.
9. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) August Fluke.
(b) Mary Alice.
(c) Mrs. Abernathy.
(d) Mr. Weidenbach.
10. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her Grandmother.
(d) Her brother.
11. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
(a) The apple pie.
(b) The pumpkin pie.
(c) The almond cookies.
(d) The corn pudding.
12. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Tells Mildred to go home.
(b) Invites the girls inside.
(c) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(d) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
13. What is humorous about the answer to number 59?
(a) The pudding is made from her own corn.
(b) The pie is made from her own pumpkins.
(c) The cookies are made from her own almonds.
(d) The pie is made from her own apples.
14. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
15. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
(a) Make her a costume.
(b) Buy her treats to share.
(c) GIve her apples for bobbing.
(d) Bake pumpkin and pecan pies for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
2. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
3. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
4. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)