|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Halloween go on?
2. What does the principal's son's appearance indicate?
(a) He fell down during the party.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is losing his eyesight.
(d) He was the prankster Grandma had covered in glue.
3. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
4. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
5. How old is the narrator?
6. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
7. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(b) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(c) Mildred's demand.
(d) Mildred's following her.
8. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
(a) She needs a tractor.
(b) She wants the farmer to know how mad she is.
(c) She makes it rain pecans.
(d) She does not think the farmer needs a tractor.
9. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) Military Post.
(b) National Rifle Association.
(c) American Legion.
(d) Boy Scouts.
10. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Grandma Dowdel.
(b) Uncle Harold.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Aunt Suzie.
11. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Cut it with his own knife.
(b) Add extra whipped topping.
(c) Put dirt on it.
(d) Make it a large piece.
12. What is burgoo stew?
(a) A stew made from scraps of whatever vegetables and trimmings happen to be available.
(b) A beef stew.
(c) A stew made from burgoo.
(d) A deer stew.
13. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
(a) Mrs. Pensinger.
(b) Augie Fluke.
(c) Mary Alice.
14. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
(a) Raise money for the school.
(b) Raise money for Mrs. Abernathy.
(c) Raise money for the DAR.
(d) Raise money for the NRA.
15. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A knife and a handsaw.
(b) A flashlight and beer.
(c) A cut up can.
(d) Candy and cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
2. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
3. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
4. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
5. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)