|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
(a) Six months.
(b) The year.
(c) The month.
(d) The week.
2. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
3. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
4. What does the principal's son's appearance indicate?
(a) He fell down during the party.
(b) He was the prankster Grandma had covered in glue.
(c) He is losing his eyesight.
(d) He is ill.
5. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Tease her.
(c) Beat her up.
(d) Befriend her.
6. What is burgoo stew?
(a) A deer stew.
(b) A beef stew.
(c) A stew made from burgoo.
(d) A stew made from scraps of whatever vegetables and trimmings happen to be available.
7. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
8. Finally home, Grandma cuts the food open with what?
(a) A carving knife.
(b) A butter knife.
(c) An electric saw.
(d) The pranksters' handsaw.
9. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(a) Fried chicken.
(d) Corn bread.
10. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Waste time.
(b) Learn more about Mary Alice.
(c) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(d) Ask her to be her friend.
11. Augie panics and flees. Why?
(a) Grandma is running towards him.
(b) The car he shoots is owned by an irate Legionnaire.
(c) Mary Alice is upset that he shot the rabbit.
(d) He does not want to look dumb in front of Mary Alice.
12. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is pregnant.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He had a rusty tin can tied around his tail.
13. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) Her brother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her Grandmother.
(d) Her sister.
14. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
(a) She completely ignores her.
(b) She begins to cry and tells her how much she has missed her.
(c) She gives her a huge hug.
(d) She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
15. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(a) The poor.
(b) All who can afford it.
(d) The men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
2. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
3. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
4. Mad, Grandma affixes a spare tire to the front of the farmer's tractor in the barn, and does what?
5. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)