|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
2. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(c) NRA members.
(d) Boy Scouts.
3. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) She will be late to school the next day.
(b) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
(c) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(d) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
4. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
(a) Raise money for the school.
(b) Raise money for the NRA.
(c) Raise money for Mrs. Abernathy.
(d) Raise money for the DAR.
5. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
(a) She plays her Philco radio.
(b) She talks to Grandma.
(c) She prays.
(d) She sings to herself.
6. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
7. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On a bike.
(d) On a motorcycle.
8. Augie panics and flees. Why?
(a) He does not want to look dumb in front of Mary Alice.
(b) The car he shoots is owned by an irate Legionnaire.
(c) Grandma is running towards him.
(d) Mary Alice is upset that he shot the rabbit.
9. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(c) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
(d) Visiting a neighbor.
10. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
11. Finally home, Grandma cuts the food open with what?
(a) An electric saw.
(b) The pranksters' handsaw.
(c) A butter knife.
(d) A carving knife.
12. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) A union.
(b) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(c) The military.
(d) A gang.
13. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A cut up can.
(b) Candy and cookies.
(c) A flashlight and beer.
(d) A knife and a handsaw.
14. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) To Ina Rae's house.
(b) To the grocery store.
(c) To Augie's house.
(d) To Grandma's house at the other end of town.
15. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
2. What is the year?
3. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
4. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
5. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)