|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day, Grandma and Mary Alice drag a wagon to the home of farmer ___________.
(a) Old Lady Nyquist.
(b) Old Man Nyquist.
(c) Old Lady Lynquist.
(d) Old Man Lynquist.
2. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
3. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Corn bread.
4. Mad, Grandma affixes a spare tire to the front of the farmer's tractor in the barn, and does what?
(a) Rams the tractor into the tree.
(b) Runs the tractor into the river.
(c) Rams the tractor into the farmer's house.
(d) Steals the tractor.
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
6. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
(a) The government.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her husband's pension.
(d) The town.
7. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
(a) Six months.
(b) The week.
(c) The month.
(d) The year.
8. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
9. Wordlessly, Grandma stews up some _______ on the stove.
10. What is wrong with the principal's son?
(a) He is coughing.
(b) He has a bald, irritated head and a bandaged nose.
(c) He is on crutches.
(d) He is wearing glasses.
11. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
(a) Mrs. Pensinger.
(c) Mary Alice.
(d) Augie Fluke.
12. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
(b) Visiting a neighbor.
(c) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(d) Going for a walk.
13. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
(a) High school.
(d) A restaurant for dinner.
14. Augie panics and flees. Why?
(a) Grandma is running towards him.
(b) The car he shoots is owned by an irate Legionnaire.
(c) Mary Alice is upset that he shot the rabbit.
(d) He does not want to look dumb in front of Mary Alice.
15. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a bike.
(c) On a horse.
(d) On a motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is burgoo stew?
2. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
3. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
4. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
5. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)