|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the last to be served?
(a) Augie Fluke.
(b) Mary Alice.
2. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) To the grocery store.
(b) To Grandma's house at the other end of town.
(c) To Ina Rae's house.
(d) To Augie's house.
3. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
4. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
5. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
(a) She spends time with Mary Alice.
(b) She helps the wives of the Legionnaires prepare burgoo stew.
(c) She judges the competition.
(d) She sits inside and watches.
6. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) He hits his target.
(b) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
(c) Mary Alice screams at him.
(d) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
7. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
(a) She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
(b) She gives her a huge hug.
(c) She completely ignores her.
(d) She begins to cry and tells her how much she has missed her.
8. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
9. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her Grandmother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) No one.
10. What is wrong with the principal's son?
(a) He is coughing.
(b) He has a bald, irritated head and a bandaged nose.
(c) He is on crutches.
(d) He is wearing glasses.
11. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Grandma Smith.
(b) Aunt Suzie.
(c) Uncle Harold.
(d) Grandma Dowdel.
12. Who is the son of the principal?
(a) Matthew Thomas.
(b) Darrel Smiley.
(c) Augie Fluke.
(d) Carl Aberdeen.
13. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Put dirt on it.
(b) Add extra whipped topping.
(c) Cut it with his own knife.
(d) Make it a large piece.
14. Who is Mary Alice's favorite singer?
(a) Kate Smith.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Andrews Sisters.
(d) Michael Buble.
15. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Place Bootsie on the wire.
(b) Taunt the boys.
(c) Go back inside the house.
(d) Hide and wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is burgoo stew?
2. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
3. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
4. Instead, what does Grandma do?
5. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)