|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
(a) The soup.
(b) The tar.
(c) The glue.
(d) The sauce.
2. The next day, Grandma and Mary Alice drag a wagon to the home of farmer ___________.
(a) Old Lady Lynquist.
(b) Old Lady Nyquist.
(c) Old Man Nyquist.
(d) Old Man Lynquist.
3. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(a) The poor.
(b) All who can afford it.
(d) The men.
4. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Make it a large piece.
(b) Add extra whipped topping.
(c) Put dirt on it.
(d) Cut it with his own knife.
5. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
6. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
(a) She judges the competition.
(b) She spends time with Mary Alice.
(c) She helps the wives of the Legionnaires prepare burgoo stew.
(d) She sits inside and watches.
7. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Mildred's following her.
(b) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(c) Mildred's demand.
(d) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
8. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
(b) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
(c) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
(d) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
9. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Aunt Suzie.
(b) Grandma Smith.
(c) Uncle Harold.
(d) Grandma Dowdel.
10. Who is one of the last to be served?
(b) Mary Alice.
(d) Augie Fluke.
11. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
(a) He had a rusty tin can tied around his tail.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He is pregnant.
12. Who is the son of the principal?
(a) Augie Fluke.
(b) Matthew Thomas.
(c) Carl Aberdeen.
(d) Darrel Smiley.
13. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) To Augie's house.
(b) To Grandma's house at the other end of town.
(c) To Ina Rae's house.
(d) To the grocery store.
14. The horse likely did what?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(c) Ran back to Mildred's home.
(d) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
15. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(b) Tells Mildred to go home.
(c) Invites the girls inside.
(d) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
2. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
3. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
4. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
5. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)