|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
(b) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
(c) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(d) She will be late to school the next day.
2. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
3. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) The narrator's train ticket.
(b) Their rent.
(c) Their utility bills.
(d) The narrator's college tuition.
4. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(b) Ina Rae.
5. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
(a) A restaurant for dinner.
(c) High school.
6. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
(a) Mrs. Pensinger.
(b) Mary Alice.
(c) Augie Fluke.
7. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) Her Grandmother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
8. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) He hits his target.
(b) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
(c) Mary Alice screams at him.
(d) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
9. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She does not think about him often.
(c) She does not care for him.
(d) She likes him a lot.
10. Mad, Grandma affixes a spare tire to the front of the farmer's tractor in the barn, and does what?
(a) Rams the tractor into the farmer's house.
(b) Runs the tractor into the river.
(c) Steals the tractor.
(d) Rams the tractor into the tree.
11. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Beat her up.
(b) Befriend her.
(c) Tease her.
(d) Ignore her.
12. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Go back inside the house.
(b) Place Bootsie on the wire.
(c) Hide and wait.
(d) Taunt the boys.
13. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
(a) She spends time with Mary Alice.
(b) She helps the wives of the Legionnaires prepare burgoo stew.
(c) She sits inside and watches.
(d) She judges the competition.
14. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) August Fluke.
(b) Mrs. Abernathy.
(c) Mr. Weidenbach.
(d) Mary Alice.
15. What is burgoo stew?
(a) A stew made from burgoo.
(b) A stew made from scraps of whatever vegetables and trimmings happen to be available.
(c) A deer stew.
(d) A beef stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augie panics and flees. Why?
2. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
3. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
4. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
5. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)