|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
(a) Mary Alice's brother, Joey.
(b) The principal, August Fluke.
(c) An English teacher, Miss Butler.
(d) Another high school student, Augie Fluke.
2. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Place Bootsie on the wire.
(b) Hide and wait.
(c) Taunt the boys.
(d) Go back inside the house.
3. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
(a) He is in a wheelchair, blinded, and mentally ill.
(b) He is unable to talk.
(c) He is on crutches.
(d) He is lying in his bed, moaning.
4. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
6. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
(a) Her lap.
(b) Her kitchen table.
(c) A picnic table outside.
(d) Mrs. Abernathy's table.
7. How old is the narrator?
8. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
9. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
10. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) The narrator's college tuition.
(b) Their utility bills.
(c) Their rent.
(d) The narrator's train ticket.
11. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
(a) High school.
(b) A restaurant for dinner.
12. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) Military Post.
(b) American Legion.
(c) National Rifle Association.
(d) Boy Scouts.
13. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He can dance.
(c) He is smart.
(d) He is a good shot.
14. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) Candy and cookies.
(b) A cut up can.
(c) A flashlight and beer.
(d) A knife and a handsaw.
15. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He had a rusty tin can tied around his tail.
(d) He is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mad, Grandma affixes a spare tire to the front of the farmer's tractor in the barn, and does what?
2. Augie panics and flees. Why?
3. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
4. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
5. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)