|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
(a) Make pumpkin pies for the school Halloween party.
(b) She makes almond cookies for the school Halloween party.
(c) She makes apple pies for the school Halloween party.
(d) She makes corn pudding for the school Halloween party.
2. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
(a) The dark.
(b) Things scuttling behind the walls and bumps coming from the attic.
(d) The shadows on the wall.
3. What is wrong with the principal's son?
(a) He has a bald, irritated head and a bandaged nose.
(b) He is coughing.
(c) He is on crutches.
(d) He is wearing glasses.
4. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
(a) The week.
(b) The month.
(c) Six months.
(d) The year.
5. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(a) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
(c) Scarlet fever.
6. The horse likely did what?
(a) Ran back to Mildred's home.
(b) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
7. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
(a) He had a rusty tin can tied around his tail.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is pregnant.
(d) He is missing.
8. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
(a) He can dance.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is a good shot.
(d) He is smart.
9. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A flashlight and beer.
(b) A knife and a handsaw.
(c) Candy and cookies.
(d) A cut up can.
10. Halloween is a _________ occasion in Grandma's town.
11. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(b) Mildred's following her.
(c) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(d) Mildred's demand.
12. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is very rich.
(b) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(c) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(d) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
13. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
14. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
(a) Raise money for the school.
(b) Raise money for the NRA.
(c) Raise money for the DAR.
(d) Raise money for Mrs. Abernathy.
15. The next day, Grandma and Mary Alice drag a wagon to the home of farmer ___________.
(a) Old Man Nyquist.
(b) Old Man Lynquist.
(c) Old Lady Nyquist.
(d) Old Lady Lynquist.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
2. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
3. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
4. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
5. Augie panics and flees. Why?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)