|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Taunt the boys.
(b) Go back inside the house.
(c) Place Bootsie on the wire.
(d) Hide and wait.
2. This family is locally known for its nice _________________.
3. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Make it a large piece.
(b) Add extra whipped topping.
(c) Cut it with his own knife.
(d) Put dirt on it.
4. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(a) Ina Rae.
5. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the cobhouse out back.
(d) In her room.
6. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Bonnie's.
(b) Miss Bate's.
(c) Miss Binghamton's.
(d) Miss Butler's.
7. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(b) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(c) Mildred's following her.
(d) Mildred's demand.
8. The pies turn the party from _______________.
(a) Fun to pathetic.
(b) Games to food.
(c) Large to small.
(d) Pathetic to fun.
9. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
10. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
(a) Her favorite pencil.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Her homework.
(d) Her lunch.
11. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
12. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(c) NRA members.
(d) Boy Scouts.
13. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
(c) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(d) Visiting a neighbor.
14. Who is one of the last to be served?
(a) Mary Alice.
(c) Augie Fluke.
15. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wordlessly, Grandma stews up some _______ on the stove.
2. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
3. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
4. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
5. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)