|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
(a) The sauce.
(b) The glue.
(c) The soup.
(d) The tar.
2. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
3. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
(a) A restaurant for dinner.
(c) High school.
4. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) To Grandma's house at the other end of town.
(b) To Ina Rae's house.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) To Augie's house.
5. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
6. The horse likely did what?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(c) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(d) Ran back to Mildred's home.
7. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
(a) Tease her.
(b) Befriend her.
(c) Beat her up.
(d) Ignore her.
8. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) The Principal, August Fluke.
(b) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
(c) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
(d) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
9. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) Mary Alice.
(b) Mrs. Abernathy.
(c) Mr. Weidenbach.
(d) August Fluke.
10. Wordlessly, Grandma stews up some _______ on the stove.
11. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) He hits his target.
(b) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
(c) Mary Alice screams at him.
(d) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
12. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(d) Ina Rae.
13. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
(a) It commemorates the day the U.S. took up arms against Great Britain during the Revolutionary War.
(b) It commemorates the end of World War I.
(c) It commemorates the end of World War II.
(d) It commemorates the day the Civil War ended.
14. Who is one of the last to be served?
(c) Augie Fluke.
(d) Mary Alice.
15. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
(a) Make her a costume.
(b) Buy her treats to share.
(c) GIve her apples for bobbing.
(d) Bake pumpkin and pecan pies for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. This family is locally known for its nice _________________.
2. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
3. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
4. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
5. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)