|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
2. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
(a) He is in a wheelchair, blinded, and mentally ill.
(b) He is on crutches.
(c) He is lying in his bed, moaning.
(d) He is unable to talk.
3. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
4. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) Their utility bills.
(b) The narrator's college tuition.
(c) The narrator's train ticket.
(d) Their rent.
5. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
6. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
7. Who is one of the last to be served?
(b) Mary Alice.
(d) Augie Fluke.
8. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
(a) He had a rusty tin can tied around his tail.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is pregnant.
(d) He is sick.
9. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
(a) Her husband's pension.
(b) The town.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The government.
10. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) On a horse.
(b) On a motorcycle.
(c) On a bike.
(d) In a car.
11. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(b) NRA members.
(d) Boy Scouts.
12. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
(a) Things scuttling behind the walls and bumps coming from the attic.
(b) The dark.
(c) The shadows on the wall.
13. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
14. Halloween is a _________ occasion in Grandma's town.
15. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(a) The men.
(b) The poor.
(c) All who can afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wordlessly, Grandma stews up some _______ on the stove.
2. The pies turn the party from _______________.
3. Mad, Grandma affixes a spare tire to the front of the farmer's tractor in the barn, and does what?
4. Augie panics and flees. Why?
5. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)