|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
(a) Raise money for Mrs. Abernathy.
(b) Raise money for the DAR.
(c) Raise money for the NRA.
(d) Raise money for the school.
2. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(b) Mildred's demand.
(c) Mildred's following her.
(d) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
3. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
(a) Things scuttling behind the walls and bumps coming from the attic.
(b) The shadows on the wall.
(c) The dark.
4. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) Mr. Weidenbach.
(b) August Fluke.
(c) Mrs. Abernathy.
(d) Mary Alice.
5. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the cobhouse out back.
(c) In the yard.
(d) In the basement.
6. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) Boy Scouts.
(b) Military Post.
(c) American Legion.
(d) National Rifle Association.
7. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
8. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(a) All who can afford it.
(b) The men.
(d) The poor.
9. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Learn more about Mary Alice.
(b) Waste time.
(c) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(d) Ask her to be her friend.
10. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He can dance.
(c) He is a good shot.
(d) He is handsome.
11. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
(a) Make her a costume.
(b) Buy her treats to share.
(c) Bake pumpkin and pecan pies for it.
(d) GIve her apples for bobbing.
12. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
(a) He is in a wheelchair, blinded, and mentally ill.
(b) He is unable to talk.
(c) He is lying in his bed, moaning.
(d) He is on crutches.
13. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(b) Boy Scouts.
(c) NRA members.
14. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(b) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
(c) Mildred has been put in her place.
(d) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
15. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
2. The pies turn the party from _______________.
3. Who is the son of the principal?
4. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
5. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)