|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator?
2. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Visiting a neighbor.
(c) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(d) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
3. Augie panics and flees. Why?
(a) He does not want to look dumb in front of Mary Alice.
(b) Grandma is running towards him.
(c) Mary Alice is upset that he shot the rabbit.
(d) The car he shoots is owned by an irate Legionnaire.
4. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(b) Ina Rae.
5. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) To Ina Rae's house.
(b) To Augie's house.
(c) To Grandma's house at the other end of town.
(d) To the grocery store.
6. Halloween is a _________ occasion in Grandma's town.
7. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
8. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Butler's.
(b) Miss Bate's.
(c) Miss Bonnie's.
(d) Miss Binghamton's.
9. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(a) NRA members.
(d) Boy Scouts.
10. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
(a) The apple pie.
(b) The pumpkin pie.
(c) The almond cookies.
(d) The corn pudding.
11. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is a good shot.
(d) He can dance.
12. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(a) The poor.
(c) All who can afford it.
(d) The men.
13. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Grandma Dowdel.
(b) Uncle Harold.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Aunt Suzie.
14. Who is one of the last to be served?
(a) Mary Alice.
(b) Augie Fluke.
15. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
(a) She helps the wives of the Legionnaires prepare burgoo stew.
(b) She judges the competition.
(c) She sits inside and watches.
(d) She spends time with Mary Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
2. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
3. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
4. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
5. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)