|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Halloween is a _________ occasion in Grandma's town.
2. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
(a) She wants the farmer to know how mad she is.
(b) She makes it rain pecans.
(c) She needs a tractor.
(d) She does not think the farmer needs a tractor.
3. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) Their rent.
(b) The narrator's train ticket.
(c) Their utility bills.
(d) The narrator's college tuition.
4. Who is the son of the principal?
(a) Augie Fluke.
(b) Carl Aberdeen.
(c) Matthew Thomas.
(d) Darrel Smiley.
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
6. For how long does Halloween go on?
7. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
(b) Mary Alice screams at him.
(c) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
(d) He hits his target.
8. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
(a) Whether or not the rest of her class wants treats.
(b) Whether or not they are stealing.
(c) Whether or not they are invited guests.
(d) Whether or not they should eat pie.
9. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(b) Ina Rae.
10. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Uncle Harold.
(b) Grandma Smith.
(c) Grandma Dowdel.
(d) Aunt Suzie.
11. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(b) Mary Alice is very rich.
(c) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(d) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
12. What does Grandma think of this holiday?
(a) It is her least favorite.
(b) It is her favorite.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She does not think about this holiday.
13. Finally home, Grandma cuts the food open with what?
(a) An electric saw.
(b) A butter knife.
(c) A carving knife.
(d) The pranksters' handsaw.
14. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(b) She will be late to school the next day.
(c) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
(d) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
15. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
2. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
3. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
4. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
5. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)