|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal's son's appearance indicate?
(a) He is losing his eyesight.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He was the prankster Grandma had covered in glue.
(d) He fell down during the party.
2. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
(a) To help Mrs. Abernathy clean her home.
(b) To help her.
(c) To see why Mrs. Abernathy is struggling.
(d) To help Mrs. Abernathy.
3. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) Her Grandmother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
4. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
(a) She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
(b) She begins to cry and tells her how much she has missed her.
(c) She completely ignores her.
(d) She gives her a huge hug.
5. What does Grandma think of this holiday?
(a) She does not think about this holiday.
(b) She hates it.
(c) It is her least favorite.
(d) It is her favorite.
6. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) She will be late to school the next day.
(b) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
(c) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
(d) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
7. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
(b) He hits his target.
(c) Mary Alice screams at him.
(d) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
8. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(b) Mary Alice is very rich.
(c) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(d) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
9. The horse likely did what?
(a) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(b) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(c) Ran back to Mildred's home.
(d) Ran away.
10. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
(a) She does not think about him often.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She likes him a lot.
(d) She does not care for him.
11. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(b) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
(c) Tells Mildred to go home.
(d) Invites the girls inside.
12. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She finds Mildred's mother.
(b) She goes for jam in the cellar.
(c) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(d) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
13. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Add extra whipped topping.
(b) Make it a large piece.
(c) Cut it with his own knife.
(d) Put dirt on it.
14. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A flashlight and beer.
(b) A cut up can.
(c) A knife and a handsaw.
(d) Candy and cookies.
15. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Ask her to be her friend.
(b) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(c) Waste time.
(d) Learn more about Mary Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
2. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
3. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
4. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
5. Who is one of the last to be served?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)