|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
(b) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
(c) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
(d) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
2. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
(a) Place Bootsie on the wire.
(b) Go back inside the house.
(c) Hide and wait.
(d) Taunt the boys.
3. The horse likely did what?
(a) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(d) Ran back to Mildred's home.
4. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
(a) The dark.
(b) Things scuttling behind the walls and bumps coming from the attic.
(d) The shadows on the wall.
5. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) No one.
(b) Her Grandmother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
6. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(b) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
(c) She will be late to school the next day.
(d) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
7. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Put dirt on it.
(b) Cut it with his own knife.
(c) Make it a large piece.
(d) Add extra whipped topping.
8. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
(a) Make pumpkin pies for the school Halloween party.
(b) She makes corn pudding for the school Halloween party.
(c) She makes almond cookies for the school Halloween party.
(d) She makes apple pies for the school Halloween party.
9. For how long does Halloween go on?
10. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
(a) The principal, August Fluke.
(b) Mary Alice's brother, Joey.
(c) An English teacher, Miss Butler.
(d) Another high school student, Augie Fluke.
11. Who is the son of the principal?
(a) Carl Aberdeen.
(b) Darrel Smiley.
(c) Matthew Thomas.
(d) Augie Fluke.
12. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Tells Mildred to go home.
(b) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(c) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
(d) Invites the girls inside.
13. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Corn bread.
14. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
(a) He is a good shot.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He can dance.
15. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) Mr. Weidenbach.
(b) August Fluke.
(c) Mrs. Abernathy.
(d) Mary Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is humorous about the answer to number 59?
2. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
3. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
4. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
5. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)