|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the principal's son?
(a) He is wearing glasses.
(b) He is coughing.
(c) He has a bald, irritated head and a bandaged nose.
(d) He is on crutches.
2. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
(a) The government.
(b) Her husband's pension.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The town.
3. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
4. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(c) Corn bread.
(d) Fried chicken.
5. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(b) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
(c) Scarlet fever.
6. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Bonnie's.
(b) Miss Binghamton's.
(c) Miss Bate's.
(d) Miss Butler's.
7. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
(b) Tells Mildred to go home.
(c) Invites the girls inside.
(d) Gives Mildred the dollar.
8. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
(a) The week.
(b) The year.
(c) Six months.
(d) The month.
9. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
(b) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
(c) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
(d) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
10. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
(a) Raise money for the school.
(b) Raise money for Mrs. Abernathy.
(c) Raise money for the NRA.
(d) Raise money for the DAR.
11. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
(a) She makes almond cookies for the school Halloween party.
(b) She makes apple pies for the school Halloween party.
(c) Make pumpkin pies for the school Halloween party.
(d) She makes corn pudding for the school Halloween party.
12. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
13. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) American Legion.
(b) Military Post.
(c) National Rifle Association.
(d) Boy Scouts.
14. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her Grandmother.
15. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
(a) Her interest in being Mildred's friend.
(b) Mildred's demand.
(c) Mildred's desire to be her friend.
(d) Mildred's following her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year?
2. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
3. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
4. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
5. The pies turn the party from _______________.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)