|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
(a) Mrs. Abernathy's table.
(b) Her lap.
(c) Her kitchen table.
(d) A picnic table outside.
2. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) The military.
(b) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(c) A gang.
(d) A union.
3. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) August Fluke.
(b) Mrs. Abernathy.
(c) Mary Alice.
(d) Mr. Weidenbach.
4. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(a) Fried chicken.
(c) Corn bread.
5. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a motorcycle.
(c) On a horse.
(d) On a bike.
6. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her Grandmother.
(d) Her brother.
7. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
(a) Cut it with his own knife.
(b) Make it a large piece.
(c) Add extra whipped topping.
(d) Put dirt on it.
8. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
9. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(b) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(c) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(d) Mary Alice is very rich.
10. Who is one of the last to be served?
(a) Mary Alice.
(d) Augie Fluke.
11. Augie panics and flees. Why?
(a) The car he shoots is owned by an irate Legionnaire.
(b) Grandma is running towards him.
(c) Mary Alice is upset that he shot the rabbit.
(d) He does not want to look dumb in front of Mary Alice.
12. What is wrong with the principal's son?
(a) He is wearing glasses.
(b) He is on crutches.
(c) He is coughing.
(d) He has a bald, irritated head and a bandaged nose.
13. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Mildred has been put in her place.
(b) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
(c) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(d) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
14. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
(a) Miss Butler's.
(b) Miss Binghamton's.
(c) Miss Bate's.
(d) Miss Bonnie's.
15. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
(a) The dark.
(c) The shadows on the wall.
(d) Things scuttling behind the walls and bumps coming from the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
2. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
3. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
4. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
5. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)