|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) Military Post.
(b) Boy Scouts.
(c) National Rifle Association.
(d) American Legion.
2. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
(a) The glue.
(b) The tar.
(c) The soup.
(d) The sauce.
3. Grandma says Mrs. Abernathy receives money from whom for her son, but it is not enough?
(a) The government.
(b) Her husband's pension.
(c) The town.
(d) Her parents.
4. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
(b) She will be late to school the next day.
(c) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
(d) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
5. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
(a) To help her.
(b) To help Mrs. Abernathy.
(c) To see why Mrs. Abernathy is struggling.
(d) To help Mrs. Abernathy clean her home.
6. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
(b) Mary Alice screams at him.
(c) He hits his target.
(d) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
7. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
8. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
(a) She does not care for him.
(b) She likes him a lot.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She does not think about him often.
9. Halloween is a _________ occasion in Grandma's town.
10. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
11. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(b) Boy Scouts.
(c) NRA members.
12. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
13. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
(a) Buy her treats to share.
(b) Make her a costume.
(c) Bake pumpkin and pecan pies for it.
(d) GIve her apples for bobbing.
14. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) The narrator's train ticket.
(b) Their utility bills.
(c) The narrator's college tuition.
(d) Their rent.
15. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
(c) Corn bread.
(d) Fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
2. What is wrong with the principal's son?
3. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
4. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
5. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)