Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Prologue, and Rich Chicago Girl
1. How old is the narrator?
2. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
3. What is the year?
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
5. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
6. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
7. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
8. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
9. In a dank basement, they discover ______________, who is doubling as a janitor.
This section contains 2,022 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)