|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Dangerous Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
(a) Writing a brief column in the local newspaper.
(b) Making presents for Grandma.
(c) Courting Augie.
(d) Planning a trip to visit her family.
2. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Grandma Dowdel.
(b) Aunt Suzie.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Uncle Harold.
3. Mary Alice has managed to shed the "____________" reputation.
(a) Poor girl.
(b) Mean girl.
(c) Dumb girl.
(d) Rich girl.
4. What is burgoo stew?
(a) A deer stew.
(b) A stew made from burgoo.
(c) A beef stew.
(d) A stew made from scraps of whatever vegetables and trimmings happen to be available.
5. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
(a) The local fur broker.
(b) The Burdick family.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Augie Fluke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bootsie do for Mary Alice?
2. What does Bootsie bring that he will not allow Mary Alice to keep?
3. Mrs. Weidenbach has come to Grandma because of what?
4. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
5. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)