|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
(a) Her everyday clothes.
(b) Plain bedsheets.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A simple robe.
2. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Waste time.
(b) Ask her to be her friend.
(c) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
(d) Learn more about Mary Alice.
3. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(b) NRA members.
(c) Boy Scouts.
4. What is "Newsy Notes?"
(a) A letter Mary Alice has written to the local paper.
(b) A column in the paper that gives private information about Mary Alice.
(c) An essay Mary Alice has written for school.
(d) A newspaper column containing bits of gossip or other town-related observations.
5. The teacher is reading ____________ when Mary Alice enters the class.
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
2. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
3. What is humorous about the answer to number 59?
4. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
5. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)