|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
(a) She talks to Grandma.
(b) She prays.
(c) She sings to herself.
(d) She plays her Philco radio.
2. Who is one of the last to be served?
(a) Mary Alice.
(c) Augie Fluke.
3. Finally home, Grandma cuts the food open with what?
(a) A carving knife.
(b) An electric saw.
(c) The pranksters' handsaw.
(d) A butter knife.
4. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
5. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) The military.
(b) A union.
(c) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(d) A gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Halloween is a _________ occasion in Grandma's town.
2. The heart of the program is what?
3. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
4. As a last surprise prior to the program, Grandma presents Mary Alice with what?
5. For how long does Halloween go on?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)