|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
(a) She plays her Philco radio.
(b) She sings to herself.
(c) She talks to Grandma.
(d) She prays.
2. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) Mr. Weidenbach.
(b) Mary Alice.
(c) August Fluke.
(d) Mrs. Abernathy.
3. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Aunt Suzie.
(b) Grandma Smith.
(c) Uncle Harold.
(d) Grandma Dowdel.
4. ________________ remains Mary Alice's biggest nemesis.
(a) Ina-Rae Gage.
(b) Mildred Burdick.
(c) Jamie Dowdel.
(d) Carleen Lovejoy.
5. The horse likely did what?
(a) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(d) Ran back to Mildred's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
2. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
3. Who invited the two ancient ladies to the DAR event?
4. Instead, what does Grandma do?
5. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)