|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
2. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
(a) Things scuttling behind the walls and bumps coming from the attic.
(c) The dark.
(d) The shadows on the wall.
3. Mrs. Weidenbach has come to Grandma because of what?
(a) Mrs. Weidenbach wants to be popular.
(b) Mary Alice has gotten herself into trouble at school.
(c) She needs a place to host the party.
(d) Mrs. Vottsmeier will not bake any cherry tarts.
4. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
(a) It commemorates the end of World War II.
(b) It commemorates the day the Civil War ended.
(c) It commemorates the day the U.S. took up arms against Great Britain during the Revolutionary War.
(d) It commemorates the end of World War I.
5. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
(a) Uncle Harold.
(b) Aunt Suzie.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Grandma Dowdel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
2. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
3. Mary Alice has managed to shed the "____________" reputation.
4. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
5. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)