|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) National Rifle Association.
(b) American Legion.
(c) Boy Scouts.
(d) Military Post.
2. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
(a) She completely ignores her.
(b) She begins to cry and tells her how much she has missed her.
(c) She gives her a huge hug.
(d) She offers no hug or greeting and moans about having to take in her granddaughter.
3. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
(a) Shoe strings.
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) Old clothes.
(d) Nylon pantyhose.
4. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
(a) It commemorates the day the U.S. took up arms against Great Britain during the Revolutionary War.
(b) It commemorates the end of World War I.
(c) It commemorates the end of World War II.
(d) It commemorates the day the Civil War ended.
5. Mrs. Weidenbach is the wife of the ___________, and is the leader of the local chapter of the DAR.
(d) Land speculator.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
2. Grandma wears her best clothes for the DAR event, and Mary Alice is struck by what?
3. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
4. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
5. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)