|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells her that she was actually adopted?
(a) Mrs. Vottsmeier.
(c) Aunt Mae.
2. Some ___________ come to the cobhouse and fall over the wire that Grandma strung.
3. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Visiting a neighbor.
(c) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(d) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
4. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(a) The men.
(b) The poor.
(d) All who can afford it.
5. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
(a) On a bike.
(b) On a motorcycle.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
2. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
3. Carleen is incensed that mousy Ina-Rae would get more attention on Valentine's Day than her. Later, what is revealed?
4. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
5. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)