|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
(a) Raise money for the school.
(b) Raise money for the NRA.
(c) Raise money for the DAR.
(d) Raise money for Mrs. Abernathy.
2. Why is the answer to number 113 a problem?
(a) Every DAR member looks forward to the famous cherry tarts, and it will be a terrible blow if tarts are not made.
(b) Grandma does not allow guests in her home.
(c) Mary Alice has never been in trouble before.
(d) Grandma and Mrs. Vottsmeier do not get along.
3. Grandma, acting quite polite, does what?
(a) Gives Mildred the dollar.
(b) Talks to Mildred out on the porch.
(c) Tells Mildred to go home.
(d) Invites the girls inside.
4. What is wrong with the principal's son?
(a) He is coughing.
(b) He has a bald, irritated head and a bandaged nose.
(c) He is wearing glasses.
(d) He is on crutches.
5. Valentine's Day is coming. Around this time, Mary Alice has been secretly doing what?
(a) Writing a brief column in the local newspaper.
(b) Making presents for Grandma.
(c) Planning a trip to visit her family.
(d) Courting Augie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
2. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
3. Who is one of the last to be served?
4. Why does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
5. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)