|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time, Mary Alice has made a friend, _______________, and is on better terms with several girls.
(a) Carleen Lovejoy.
(b) Jamie Dowdel.
(c) Mildred Burdick.
(d) Ina-Rae Gage.
2. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
(a) She makes corn pudding for the school Halloween party.
(b) She makes apple pies for the school Halloween party.
(c) Make pumpkin pies for the school Halloween party.
(d) She makes almond cookies for the school Halloween party.
3. This family is locally known for its nice _________________.
4. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
(a) They have never practiced together before.
(b) No student at the school can really sing.
(c) They have never sung before.
(d) They do not have a teacher guiding them.
5. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
(a) The rubber waders and the pumpkins.
(b) The rubber waders and the pecans.
(c) The rubber waders and the corn.
(d) The rubber waders and walnut shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
2. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
3. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
4. A forlorn Mary Alice informs Grandma of ______________.
5. After school, how does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)