|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hearts and Flour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year?
2. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
(a) By telling her it's her favorite holiday.
(b) By helping her get dressed for the program.
(c) By having her pick out a pair of new shoes to buy from the Sears catalogue.
(d) By buying her a new wardrobe.
3. Mary Alice accompanies Grandma upstairs for what reason?
(a) To help Mrs. Abernathy.
(b) To help her.
(c) To see why Mrs. Abernathy is struggling.
(d) To help Mrs. Abernathy clean her home.
4. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
(b) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(c) She will be late to school the next day.
(d) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
5. Carleen is incensed that mousy Ina-Rae would get more attention on Valentine's Day than her. Later, what is revealed?
(a) The entire class plotted against Carleen to make her jealous of Ina-Rae.
(b) Ina-Rae actually crafted the valentines to make Carleen mad.
(c) Mary Alice actually crafted the valentines to make Carleen mad.
(d) Mary Alice and Ina-Rae had hidden all the cards meant for Carleen.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Halloween go on?
2. At ________ o' clock, a reluctant Mary Alice follows Grandma out into the cold.
3. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
4. Also surprising, they go out and do what?
5. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)