|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Minute in the Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally home, Grandma cuts the food open with what?
(a) A butter knife.
(b) An electric saw.
(c) A carving knife.
(d) The pranksters' handsaw.
2. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) The narrator's train ticket.
(b) The narrator's college tuition.
(c) Their utility bills.
(d) Their rent.
3. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She goes for jam in the cellar.
(b) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(c) She finds Mildred's mother.
(d) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
4. How does Grandma know that the horse was not even Mildred's?
(a) The horse threw Mildred off his back.
(b) The horse belongs to the neighbors down the road.
(c) Mildred's family is too poor to own any horses.
(d) Mildred's father is a notorious horse thief.
5. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A knife and a handsaw.
(b) A flashlight and beer.
(c) A cut up can.
(d) Candy and cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
2. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
3. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
4. Grandma dodges Mary Alice's question of what?
5. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)