|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Minute in the Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
(a) He is on crutches.
(b) He is unable to talk.
(c) He is in a wheelchair, blinded, and mentally ill.
(d) He is lying in his bed, moaning.
2. What does the principal's son's appearance indicate?
(a) He fell down during the party.
(b) He was the prankster Grandma had covered in glue.
(c) He is losing his eyesight.
(d) He is ill.
3. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
(a) She talks to Grandma.
(b) She sings to herself.
(c) She prays.
(d) She plays her Philco radio.
4. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) Their utility bills.
(b) The narrator's college tuition.
(c) The narrator's train ticket.
(d) Their rent.
5. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
(a) The corn pudding.
(b) The apple pie.
(c) The pumpkin pie.
(d) The almond cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally home, Grandma cuts the food open with what?
2. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
3. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
4. How does Grandma react to Mary Alice's arrival?
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)