|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Minute in the Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
(a) She sits inside and watches.
(b) She spends time with Mary Alice.
(c) She helps the wives of the Legionnaires prepare burgoo stew.
(d) She judges the competition.
2. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
3. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is very rich.
(b) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(c) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(d) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
4. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
(a) It is too far for Mildred to go to complain about Grandma's behavior.
(b) She will be late to school the next day.
(c) It is too far for her to get to without a horse or shoes.
(d) She will not be able to follow Mary Alice home from school the next day.
5. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
(a) She wants the farmer to know how mad she is.
(b) She needs a tractor.
(c) She makes it rain pecans.
(d) She does not think the farmer needs a tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Augie Fluke intent on proving to Mary Alice?
2. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
3. Mad, Grandma affixes a spare tire to the front of the farmer's tractor in the barn, and does what?
4. It is revealed that a major reason for having the shoot at the Abernathy farm is do what?
5. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)