|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Minute in the Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
(a) It commemorates the day the Civil War ended.
(b) It commemorates the day the U.S. took up arms against Great Britain during the Revolutionary War.
(c) It commemorates the end of World War I.
(d) It commemorates the end of World War II.
2. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
3. The day proceeds, and most of the _________________ are bad shots.
(a) NRA members.
(d) Boy Scouts.
4. Grandma intimidates ________________ into paying more for the stew.
(b) All who can afford it.
(c) The poor.
(d) The men.
5. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
(a) She plays her Philco radio.
(b) She prays.
(c) She talks to Grandma.
(d) She sings to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Alice has a Halloween party at school, and Grandma decides to do what?
2. At lunch, Grandma becomes the unofficial ______________ for the burgoo.
3. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
4. What is the year?
5. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)