|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Minute in the Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
2. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
3. One night, Mary Alice is shocked to discover what about Bootsie?
(a) He is pregnant.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He had a rusty tin can tied around his tail.
(d) He is missing.
4. The next day, Grandma and Mary Alice drag a wagon to the home of farmer ___________.
(a) Old Lady Nyquist.
(b) Old Man Lynquist.
(c) Old Man Nyquist.
(d) Old Lady Lynquist.
5. What is wrong with Mrs. Abernathy's grown son?
(a) He is in a wheelchair, blinded, and mentally ill.
(b) He is lying in his bed, moaning.
(c) He is on crutches.
(d) He is unable to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the principal's son?
2. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
3. What does Grandma think of this holiday?
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
5. Mary Alice figures Mildred will do what to her at school tomorrow?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)