|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Minute in the Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
(a) She sits inside and watches.
(b) She judges the competition.
(c) She helps the wives of the Legionnaires prepare burgoo stew.
(d) She spends time with Mary Alice.
2. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
(a) She plays her Philco radio.
(b) She talks to Grandma.
(c) She prays.
(d) She sings to herself.
3. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
(a) A cut up can.
(b) A knife and a handsaw.
(c) A flashlight and beer.
(d) Candy and cookies.
4. Who is one of the last to be served?
(a) Mary Alice.
(c) Augie Fluke.
5. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
(c) Visiting a neighbor.
(d) Fetching jam from the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose class is Mary Alice taken?
2. What frightens Mary Alice in her room?
3. What does Grandma do with the sliced food?
4. What does Grandma think of this holiday?
5. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)