|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Dangerous Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(a) Walnut shells.
2. Does Grandma agree to help Mrs. Weidenbach?
(b) Yes, if Mary Alice may attend as well.
(c) Yes, if she provides all the refreshments.
(d) Yes, if Mrs. Vottsmeier does not attend.
3. What is "Newsy Notes?"
(a) A newspaper column containing bits of gossip or other town-related observations.
(b) An essay Mary Alice has written for school.
(c) A letter Mary Alice has written to the local paper.
(d) A column in the paper that gives private information about Mary Alice.
4. Christmas time has arrived, and Miss Butler is having the kids make hot pads from what?
(a) Old clothes.
(b) Nylon pantyhose.
(c) Bottle caps.
(d) Shoe strings.
5. What is humorous about the answer to number 59?
(a) The pudding is made from her own corn.
(b) The pie is made from her own pumpkins.
(c) The cookies are made from her own almonds.
(d) The pie is made from her own apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, Mary Alice, gets off the train, and, beyond a few clothes, her only possessions are her cat ____________ and her radio.
2. After the shoot, Grandma unloads all the burgoo coins onto ____________.
3. They scramble out of there, leaving behind what?
4. Next, Grandma and Mary Alice travel to the _______________ residence.
5. The next day, Grandma negotiates a good deal for the hides with whom?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)