|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Vittles and Vengeance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Her desk mate dubs Mary Alice the "rich Chicago girl." Why?
(a) Mary Alice is quiet and comes across as a snob.
(b) Mary Alice is even more poor than she is.
(c) Mary Alice is dressed slightly better than her.
(d) Mary Alice is very rich.
2. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(b) A union.
(c) A gang.
(d) The military.
3. What has broken the narrator and her mother?
(a) Their rent.
(b) The narrator's train ticket.
(c) Their utility bills.
(d) The narrator's college tuition.
4. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
(b) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
(c) The Principal, August Fluke.
(d) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
5. Mary Alice has to share a desk with whom?
(d) Ina Rae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important that the school is many miles from Mildred's house?
2. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
3. Grandma comes out of the cobhouse, frightening the boys, and covers the leader in what?
4. She has them take off their shoes, and then she gives the girls buttermilk and __________.
5. Mary Alice is enrolled as a __________.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)