|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Away in a Manger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wordlessly, Grandma stews up some _______ on the stove.
2. Instead, what does Grandma do?
(a) She unhitches Mildred's horse and hangs Mildred's shoes on the horse.
(b) She finds Mildred's mother.
(c) She tells the neighbor of Mildred's plans.
(d) She goes for jam in the cellar.
3. What is burgoo stew?
(a) A beef stew.
(b) A deer stew.
(c) A stew made from scraps of whatever vegetables and trimmings happen to be available.
(d) A stew made from burgoo.
4. Grandma takes Mary Alice directly where?
(b) High school.
(c) A restaurant for dinner.
5. While Grandma is widely known as an excellent markswoman, she will not be competing. Instead, what does she do?
(a) She spends time with Mary Alice.
(b) She judges the competition.
(c) She helps the wives of the Legionnaires prepare burgoo stew.
(d) She sits inside and watches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
2. This farmer told Grandma she could have any ___________ that fell from his tree, but hardly any are on the ground.
3. How does Grandma know the child is a Burdick?
4. What do Grandma and Mary Alice do at the cobhouse?
5. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)