|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Away in a Manger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of whom does Grandma squeeze a whole silver dollar?
(a) Mr. Weidenbach.
(b) August Fluke.
(c) Mrs. Abernathy.
(d) Mary Alice.
2. What is the purpose of Armistice Day?
(a) It commemorates the day the Civil War ended.
(b) It commemorates the end of World War I.
(c) It commemorates the day the U.S. took up arms against Great Britain during the Revolutionary War.
(d) It commemorates the end of World War II.
3. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
(a) She does not care for him.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She does not think about him often.
(d) She likes him a lot.
4. Mrs. Pensinger comes back for seconds on what?
(a) The pumpkin pie.
(b) The apple pie.
(c) The corn pudding.
(d) The almond cookies.
5. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
(a) A gang.
(b) A union.
(c) The Civilian Conservation Corps.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
2. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
3. Grandma and Mary Alice take a load of the treats to the party, and who serves them?
4. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
5. To where does Mildred follow Mary Alice?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)