|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Away in a Manger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The horse likely did what?
(a) Trotted back to its rightful owner.
(b) Ran back to Mildred's home.
(c) Stayed in the yard to eat grass.
(d) Ran away.
2. Why does Grandma believe Mary Alice will not get beat up?
(a) Without a horse or shoes, Mildred will not attend school.
(b) Mildred will be too embarrassed to go to school the next day.
(c) Mildred has been put in her place.
(d) Mildred is too afraid of Grandma.
3. While Mary Alice thinks Christmas is not exactly Grandma's favorite holiday, Grandma surprises her how?
(a) By having her pick out a pair of new shoes to buy from the Sears catalogue.
(b) By helping her get dressed for the program.
(c) By telling her it's her favorite holiday.
(d) By buying her a new wardrobe.
4. Mildred intends to do what by following Mary Alice?
(a) Waste time.
(b) Ask her to be her friend.
(c) Learn more about Mary Alice.
(d) Collect the dollar from Grandma.
5. What happens when Augie aims his gun at the fleeing rabbit?
(a) Mary Alice screams at him.
(b) The rabbit races underneath a parked car, and Augie winds up shooting out the new tire of the car.
(c) He changes his mind and does not shoot at the rabbit.
(d) He hits his target.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ remains Mary Alice's biggest nemesis.
2. Until the family recovers financially, the narrator will have to live with ________________ in an unnamed town.
3. At _____________ o' clock, everyone stops to observe a minute of silence for Armistice Day.
4. Because of Grandma's intimidation tactics at lunch, Mrs. Abernathy will be able to survive for how long?
5. The _____________ family are notoriously bad people.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)