|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Away in a Manger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To take her mind off her fears, what does Mary Alice do?
(a) She plays her Philco radio.
(b) She prays.
(c) She sings to herself.
(d) She talks to Grandma.
2. What are used to cover up the human scent in order to confuse these animals?
(a) The rubber waders and the pumpkins.
(b) The rubber waders and walnut shells.
(c) The rubber waders and the corn.
(d) The rubber waders and the pecans.
3. Like a typical bully, what does Mary Alice's desk mate demand from Mary Alice?
(a) A dollar.
(b) Her homework.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) Her favorite pencil.
4. Arriving home, Mary Alice is surprised to see Grandma tramping around in the snow in rubber waders, hauling a basket full of what?
(c) Walnut shells.
5. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
(a) One of the students, Ina-Rae Gage.
(b) One of the teachers, Miss Butler.
(c) The Principal, August Fluke.
(d) One of the students, Mildred Burdick.
Short Answer Questions
1. To everyone's surprise, Mary Alice is chosen to play what part?
2. What does Grandma think of Bootsie the cat?
3. Where does Grandma make Bootsie live?
4. The narrator tells the reader that her father lost his job and her brother Joey has joined __________.
5. Why does Grandma do this with the tractor?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)