|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Away in a Manger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal's son's appearance indicate?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He fell down during the party.
(c) He is losing his eyesight.
(d) He was the prankster Grandma had covered in glue.
2. What has caused Mrs. Abernathy's son's illness?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Toxic nerve gas used in World War I.
3. While Mildred is eating, Grandma walks outside on the pretense that she is doing what?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Tying up Mildred's horse for her.
(c) Fetching jam from the cellar.
(d) Visiting a neighbor.
4. Usually it's a _________ for a cup of stew.
5. Every year the _____________________ hosts a sharpshooting contest at the Abernathy farm.
(a) Boy Scouts.
(b) Military Post.
(c) National Rifle Association.
(d) American Legion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Grandma leaves, about what does she warn Mary Alice?
2. With whom does Mary Alice share a room?
3. The Christmas program is getting closer, and while Carleen Lovejoy has a magnificent costume, Mary Alice has only what?
4. Why does the chorus practice sound awful?
5. Grandma makes sure to do what with this boy's desert?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)