|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, and Chapter 3, Seal Sense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Larry's PX?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A restaurant where the local fishermen hung out.
(c) A school.
(d) A military store.
2. What did Joan think her role in her marriage would be?
(a) Pampered housewife.
(b) An equal partner.
(c) The breadwinner.
(d) Nurturer and caregiver.
3. Which of the following is not something for which Joan's writing money paid during her marriage?
(a) The mortgage.
(b) Her children's education.
(c) Most of the family's extras.
4. Which of the following items was not something Joan brought with her when she visited the seal island?
(a) Peanut butter.
(b) A sweater.
(d) A stale bagel.
5. How long was Joan left alone on Seal Island?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) One week.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
2. How did the other patrons of Larry's PX respond when Joan entered?
3. What did Joan envy about the seals?
4. What lesson did the seals teach Joan?
5. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)