|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, and Chapter 3, Seal Sense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Joan entertained their guests at parties while her husband sat quietly in the corner, how did Joan's husband describe himself and his wife?
(a) Joan was an extrovert while he was an introvert.
(b) Joan was a diamond while he was cubic zirconium.
(c) Joan was Technicolor while he was black-and-white.
(d) Joan was champagne while he was plain water.
2. In Chapter 3, Seal Sense Analysis, who gave Joan some clams he had dug up?
(a) Her younger son.
(b) The local pastor.
(c) Joshua Cahoon.
(d) Her husband.
3. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
(a) A boarding school in England.
(b) An Episcopalian boarding school.
(c) His grandparents' home in Kentucky.
(d) An orphanage.
4. Where did Joan and her husband meet?
(a) Penn State.
5. In what town did Joan and her husband live?
(a) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Larry's PX?
2. Who called Joan the evening after she returned from the seal island?
3. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
4. What kind of car did Joan drive at the beginning of the book?
5. In what kind of family was Joan's husband raised?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)