|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, and Chapter 3, Seal Sense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Joan meet Joshua Cahoon?
(a) He was her neighbor on Cape Cod.
(b) He worked with her husband.
(c) He was her editor.
(d) He sat next to her at Larry's PX.
2. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
(a) Four thirty.
(b) Eight thirty.
(c) Five thirty.
(d) Six thirty.
3. What did Joan's father-in-law do for a living?
(a) He was a plumber.
(b) He was a lawyer.
(c) He was a comedian.
(d) He was a doctor.
4. What did Joan think her role in her marriage would be?
(a) Nurturer and caregiver.
(b) Pampered housewife.
(c) An equal partner.
(d) The breadwinner.
5. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
(a) As an equal partner.
(b) As the victim of Joan's nagging.
(c) As Joan's protector.
(d) As breadwinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the other patrons of Larry's PX respond when Joan entered?
2. What news did Joan get about her house in the city after her return from the seal island?
3. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
4. Once Joan's husband left in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, how did Joan react?
5. How long was Joan left alone on Seal Island?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)