|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, and Chapter 3, Seal Sense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items was not something Joan brought with her when she visited the seal island?
(a) A stale bagel.
(b) A sweater.
(c) Peanut butter.
2. Which of the following was not something that Joan achieved in her early twenties?
(a) She worked in the African bush.
(b) She worked as a fashion model in New York.
(c) She attended drama school.
(d) She sold a magazine story.
3. What lesson did the seals teach Joan?
(a) That she needed to interact with animals more.
(b) That she needed to be in the sea more.
(c) That she needed to swim more.
(d) That she needed to live like a child again and enjoy life.
4. In what kind of family was Joan's husband raised?
(a) An alcoholic family.
(b) An artistic family.
(c) A diabetic family.
(d) A musical family.
5. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
(a) Six and twelve.
(b) They were grown.
(c) Three and ten.
(d) They were infants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Joan left alone on Seal Island?
2. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what was Joan's only daily outing for her first three weeks on the island?
3. What is ebb tide?
4. How long had Joan and her family lived in their big old family house?
5. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)