|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, and Chapter 3, Seal Sense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something for which Joan's writing money paid during her marriage?
(a) Her children's education.
(b) Most of the family's extras.
(c) The mortgage.
2. In what town did Joan and her husband live?
(a) Los Angeles.
3. How did Joan's husband see his primary role in their marriage?
(a) As Joan's protector.
(b) As an equal partner.
(c) As breadwinner.
(d) As the victim of Joan's nagging.
4. What was Larry's PX?
(a) A military store.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A restaurant where the local fishermen hung out.
(d) A school.
5. How did the other patrons of Larry's PX respond when Joan entered?
(a) They stood up to greet her.
(b) They forbade her to enter the all-male establishment.
(c) They stopped talking for a few minutes.
(d) They bought her drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what time do the birds begin chattering in the morning at Joan's cottage?
2. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
3. How did the seals respond when Joan dove into the ocean?
4. Who did Joan ask to take her in his boat to the seal island?
5. Once Joan's husband left in Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, how did Joan react?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)