|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, and Chapter 3, Seal Sense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson did the seals teach Joan?
(a) That she needed to be in the sea more.
(b) That she needed to swim more.
(c) That she needed to interact with animals more.
(d) That she needed to live like a child again and enjoy life.
2. What did Joan think her role in her marriage would be?
(a) Nurturer and caregiver.
(b) Pampered housewife.
(c) The breadwinner.
(d) An equal partner.
3. What was Joan instructed to bring for her trip to the seal island?
(a) Warm clothes and a sandwich.
(b) A bathing suit and sunscreen.
(c) A blanket, coat and gloves.
(d) A camera.
4. How long had Joan and her family lived in their big old family house?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Twelve years.
5. Who called Joan the evening after she returned from the seal island?
(a) Joshua Cahoon.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the cottage to which Joan wanted to retreat at the beginning of the book?
2. In Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, what was Joan's only daily outing for her first three weeks on the island?
3. What kind of car did Joan drive at the beginning of the book?
4. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
5. How did the other patrons of Larry's PX respond when Joan entered?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)