|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Call of the Seal, and Chapter 3, Seal Sense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
(a) Three and ten.
(b) They were grown.
(c) Six and twelve.
(d) They were infants.
2. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
3. Which of the following items was not something Joan brought with her when she visited the seal island?
(a) A stale bagel.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) A sweater.
4. What did Joan envy about the seals?
(a) Their home in the ocean.
(b) Their cuteness.
(c) Their warm layer of body fat.
(d) Their swimming skills.
5. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
(a) A boarding school in England.
(b) An Episcopalian boarding school.
(c) His grandparents' home in Kentucky.
(d) An orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did Joan get about her house in the city after her return from the seal island?
2. Who called Joan the evening after she returned from the seal island?
3. What did the other patrons of Larry's PX talk about during Joan's first visit to the PX?
4. In what kind of family was Joan's husband raised?
5. Who did Joan ask to take her in his boat to the seal island?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)