1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, what did Joan's husband announce?
(a) That he had a secret son from a previous romance.
(b) That he had cancer.
(c) That he wanted a divorce.
(d) That he was taking a job hundreds of miles away.
2. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
3. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
(a) They were infants.
(b) Six and twelve.
(c) Three and ten.
(d) They were grown.
4. How long had Joan and her family lived in their big old family house?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Twelve years.
5. In what kind of family was Joan's husband raised?
(a) An artistic family.
(b) A diabetic family.
(c) An alcoholic family.
(d) A musical family.
6. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
(a) A boarding school in England.
(b) His grandparents' home in Kentucky.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) An Episcopalian boarding school.
This section contains 5,479 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)