Chapter 1, Ebb Tide
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, Ebb Tide, what did Joan's husband announce?
(a) That he had a secret son from a previous romance.
(b) That he was taking a job hundreds of miles away.
(c) That he wanted a divorce.
(d) That he had cancer.
2. How many children did Joan and her husband have?
3. How old were Joan's children at the beginning of the book?
(a) They were grown.
(b) They were infants.
(c) Three and ten.
(d) Six and twelve.
4. How long had Joan and her family lived in their big old family house?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Twelve years.
5. In what kind of family was Joan's husband raised?
(a) An alcoholic family.
(b) A diabetic family.
(c) An artistic family.
(d) A musical family.
6. Where was Joan's husband sent to live at age twelve?
(a) His grandparents' home in Kentucky.
(b) An Episcopalian boarding school.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A boarding school in England.
This section contains 5,479 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)