|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Individual Liberties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rawls think a person would decide about their society if they had any choice?
(a) That it be at least a wealthy society.
(b) That it would be at least fair.
(c) That it would be at least a strong society.
(d) That it be at least a beautiful land.
2. Whom of the following was a leading 'Intuitionist'?
(a) John Locke.
(c) J.S. Mill.
(d) John Hurt.
3. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
(a) A metaphor for not being able to tell what kind of society one will later be in.
(b) A metaphor to describe different types of citizens.
(c) A metaphor for a different type of belief.
(d) A garment worn by politicians.
4. What branch of philosophy is this book concerned with?
5. What does Rawls admit might happen within his just society?
(b) Political upheaval.
(c) Social and Economic inequality.
(d) Civil war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many principles of justice does the Original Position later result in?
2. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
3. What does Rawls claim about the Social Contract theory?
4. What does Rawls believe is the dominant theory of political philosophy throughout the 20th Century?
5. What does Rawls want his theory of justice to be?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)