|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Social Equality and Inequality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rawls believe is the dominant theory of political philosophy throughout the 20th Century?
2. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
(a) A metaphor for a different type of belief.
(b) A garment worn by politicians.
(c) A metaphor for not being able to tell what kind of society one will later be in.
(d) A metaphor to describe different types of citizens.
3. What does the Individual gain out of the Social Contract?
(a) Money and wealth.
(b) Power and glory.
(c) Military might.
(d) Protection and security.
4. What does Rawls think a person would decide about their society if they had any choice?
(a) That it be at least a wealthy society.
(b) That it would be at least a strong society.
(c) That it be at least a beautiful land.
(d) That it would be at least fair.
5. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
(a) That good and wrong are innately known.
(b) That good and wrong are revealed by God to the select few.
(c) That good and wrong are illusions told by the rich.
(d) That good and wrong are taught.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Stuart Mill's Theory of Higher Pleasures?
2. Whom of the following was a leading 'Intuitionist'?
3. What is the only caveat to a maximum liberty of the individual?
4. What year was Adam Smith born?
5. What does Rawls accept about his own theory?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)