|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Social Equality and Inequality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should hold the greatest advantage in Rawls’ ideal society?
(a) No one.
(b) The poor.
(c) The rich.
(d) The royals.
2. What does Rawls admit might happen within his just society?
(a) Civil war.
(c) Social and Economic inequality.
(d) Political upheaval.
3. Where did the early Intuitionists believe they got their appreciation of morals, rights and wrongs or fairness?
(a) Their parents.
(c) The king.
4. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
(a) A garment worn by politicians.
(b) A metaphor for a different type of belief.
(c) A metaphor for not being able to tell what kind of society one will later be in.
(d) A metaphor to describe different types of citizens.
5. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
(a) That good and wrong are taught.
(b) That good and wrong are revealed by God to the select few.
(c) That good and wrong are illusions told by the rich.
(d) That good and wrong are innately known.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is assumed about the liberty of the Individual, according to “The Two Principles of Justice”?
2. Why is the argument called the Original Position?
3. What is the first virtue of social institution, according to Rawls?
4. In what era was the theory of the Social Contract in favor?
5. What is the only caveat to a maximum liberty of the individual?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)