|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Social Equality and Inequality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
(a) That they are tall.
(b) That they are wealthy.
(c) That they are a rational person.
(d) That they know the principles of philosophy.
2. What defines a good society, according to Rawls?
(a) A just society.
(b) A wealthy society.
(c) A strong society.
(d) A society that owns the most land.
3. What does Rawls want his theory of justice to be?
(a) The dominant political view.
(b) Something to remember.
(c) A viable alternative to other theories.
(d) Something to destroy the theories of Utilitarianism.
4. What is the maxim of Utilitarian philosophy?
(a) The greatest good to the wealthiest.
(b) Might makes right.
(c) The greatest good to the deserving.
(d) The greatest good for the greatest number.
5. What year was Adam Smith born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom of the following was a leading 'Intuitionist'?
2. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
3. What is the first virtue of social institution, according to Rawls?
4. What is the second principle derived from the Original Position
5. What does Rawls accept about his own theory?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)