|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Social Equality and Inequality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the early Intuitionists believe they got their appreciation of morals, rights and wrongs or fairness?
(a) The king.
(b) Their parents.
2. What is the essential problem of Intuitionism?
(a) Some people do not seem to act with a natural morality.
(b) Many philosophers don't agree with it.
(c) It makes defending one’s country more difficult.
(d) It doesn't support a healthy economy.
3. What is the second principle derived from the Original Position
(a) The education is respected.
(b) That disadvantaged people are provided for.
(c) That the environment is protected.
(d) That the Rich are allowed certain tax breaks.
4. Who was the father of Utilitarianism?
(a) David Hume.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) Karl Marx.
5. What does Rawls want his theory of justice to be?
(a) Something to destroy the theories of Utilitarianism.
(b) The dominant political view.
(c) A viable alternative to other theories.
(d) Something to remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
2. What is the greatest criticism levelled against Utilitarianism?
3. What does Rawls admit might happen within his just society?
4. Who should hold the greatest advantage in Rawls’ ideal society?
5. What branch of philosophy is this book concerned with?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)