|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Two Principles of Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Individual lose from the Social Contract?
(a) The right to own property.
(b) Complete freedom.
(c) The right to defend themselves.
(d) All their freedoms.
2. Who was the father of Utilitarianism?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) David Hume.
3. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
(a) That good and wrong are illusions told by the rich.
(b) That good and wrong are innately known.
(c) That good and wrong are taught.
(d) That good and wrong are revealed by God to the select few.
4. What does the Individual gain out of the Social Contract?
(a) Money and wealth.
(b) Power and glory.
(c) Military might.
(d) Protection and security.
5. What is the implicit assumption that the Social Contract theory makes?
(a) That there is a God.
(b) That there is some form of agreement between Individual and government.
(c) That there is a scientific truth.
(d) That everyone intrinsically knows right from wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the early Intuitionists believe they got their appreciation of morals, rights and wrongs or fairness?
2. What is the maxim of Utilitarian philosophy?
3. What is the essential problem of Intuitionism?
4. What does Rawls believe is the dominant theory of political philosophy throughout the 20th Century?
5. Why did Hobbes see the necessity of the Social Contract?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)