|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Two Principles of Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom of the following was a leading 'Intuitionist'?
(a) John Hurt.
(c) J.S. Mill.
(d) John Locke.
2. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
(a) That they are a rational person.
(b) That they are wealthy.
(c) That they know the principles of philosophy.
(d) That they are tall.
3. What does Rawls admit might happen within his just society?
(a) Social and Economic inequality.
(b) Civil war.
(d) Political upheaval.
4. What is assumed about the liberty of the Individual, according to “The Two Principles of Justice”?
(a) That it may be minimized.
(b) That it may be maximized.
(c) That it may be ignored.
(d) That it is the only important virtue.
5. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
(a) A metaphor for not being able to tell what kind of society one will later be in.
(b) A metaphor for a different type of belief.
(c) A metaphor to describe different types of citizens.
(d) A garment worn by politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rawls claim about the Social Contract theory?
2. Who was the father of Utilitarianism?
3. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
4. What is John Stuart Mill's Theory of Higher Pleasures?
5. Why is the argument called the Original Position?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)