|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Individual Versus Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the Original Position?
(a) The First Argument.
(b) The Man in the Barrel Argument.
(c) The Brain in the Vat Argument.
(d) The Waiting Room Argument.
2. Which century was Intuitionism first developed?
3. What does Rawls accept about his own theory?
(a) That there is a degree of Marxism within it.
(b) That it is quite socialist.
(c) That it might be hard to apply to the real world.
(d) That there is a certain amount of Intuitionism present in 'fairness'.
4. What is the essential problem of Intuitionism?
(a) Some people do not seem to act with a natural morality.
(b) Many philosophers don't agree with it.
(c) It makes defending one’s country more difficult.
(d) It doesn't support a healthy economy.
5. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
(a) That they are wealthy.
(b) That they are a rational person.
(c) That they know the principles of philosophy.
(d) That they are tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
2. How does the ignorant chooser know what is fair and what is not, according to Rawls?
3. What does Rawls think a person would decide about their society if they had any choice?
4. Whom of the following was a leading 'Intuitionist'?
5. Why is the argument called the Original Position?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)