|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Individual Versus Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ignorant chooser know what is fair and what is not, according to Rawls?
(a) Because God told them so.
(b) Because they are taught what to believe.
(c) Because of an innate knowledge of fairness.
(d) Because the monarch told them so.
2. What does Rawls accept about his own theory?
(a) That there is a degree of Marxism within it.
(b) That it might be hard to apply to the real world.
(c) That it is quite socialist.
(d) That there is a certain amount of Intuitionism present in 'fairness'.
3. Where did the early Intuitionists believe they got their appreciation of morals, rights and wrongs or fairness?
(b) The king.
(d) Their parents.
4. What year was Adam Smith born?
5. Why is the argument called the Original Position?
(a) Because it is about the first thing that a person sees when they wake up.
(b) Because it comes before everything else.
(c) Because it was a very early argument that Rawls revived.
(d) Because it was the first argument Rawls thought of.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
2. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
3. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
4. What is another name for the Original Position?
5. What is the essential problem of Intuitionism?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)