|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Individual Versus Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Adam Smith born?
2. Which century was Intuitionism first developed?
3. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
(a) That they are tall.
(b) That they know the principles of philosophy.
(c) That they are wealthy.
(d) That they are a rational person.
4. Where did the early Intuitionists believe they got their appreciation of morals, rights and wrongs or fairness?
(b) Their parents.
(c) The king.
5. What is another name for the Original Position?
(a) The Brain in the Vat Argument.
(b) The First Argument.
(c) The Man in the Barrel Argument.
(d) The Waiting Room Argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom of the following was a leading 'Intuitionist'?
2. What is the essential problem of Intuitionism?
3. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
4. How does the ignorant chooser know what is fair and what is not, according to Rawls?
5. Why is the argument called the Original Position?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)