|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Individual Versus Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
(a) That good and wrong are taught.
(b) That good and wrong are illusions told by the rich.
(c) That good and wrong are revealed by God to the select few.
(d) That good and wrong are innately known.
2. How does the ignorant chooser know what is fair and what is not, according to Rawls?
(a) Because the monarch told them so.
(b) Because of an innate knowledge of fairness.
(c) Because they are taught what to believe.
(d) Because God told them so.
3. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
(a) A metaphor for not being able to tell what kind of society one will later be in.
(b) A garment worn by politicians.
(c) A metaphor to describe different types of citizens.
(d) A metaphor for a different type of belief.
4. What does Rawls accept about his own theory?
(a) That it is quite socialist.
(b) That it might be hard to apply to the real world.
(c) That there is a degree of Marxism within it.
(d) That there is a certain amount of Intuitionism present in 'fairness'.
5. What year was Adam Smith born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Original Position?
2. Which century was Intuitionism first developed?
3. In the chapter “The Original Position,” what does Rawls say must be assumed about the person?
4. What does Rawls think a person would decide about their society if they had any choice?
5. Whom of the following was a leading 'Intuitionist'?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)