|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Big Bang Theory first proposed?
2. What campaign did geologist Clair Patterson take on?
3. Pluto is the first planet to be discovered by an:
4. What is a supernova?
5. About how many stars can be seen from Earth using a two-inch telescope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the protons, neutrons, and electrons of an atom.
2. Describe what the Archbishop James Usser and the Reverend William Buckland concluded regarding the age of Earth.
3. Explain the misunderstanding of radiation during the early 1900s.
4. What explanation did James Hutton come up with to describe the phenomenon of seashell fossils frequently found on mountaintops?
5. Who is the Reverend Robert Evans, and what is he known for?
6. What did geologist Harry Hess discover about the Atlantic Ocean in the 1960s that validated the idea that the continents are drifting apart?
7. How did the English scientist Henry Cavendish determine the weight of Earth?
8. Explain Albert Einstein's theory of space curvature using a tennis ball and an ant.
9. Describe Albert Einstein before he became well known in the scientific community.
10. Why is the term "dinosaurian" a misnomer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, in detail, the composition and function of a cell.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the existence of bacteria on Earth with the existence of humans. Does one depend on the other? How so? Which organism is more resilient? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain supernovas. What exactly are they? Describe the mechanism behind them. How long do they last? What contributions do supernovas make to the universe?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)