|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the available land on Earth, how much is suitable for people to live on?
(a) 3 percent.
(b) 47 percent.
(c) 12 percent.
(d) 26 percent.
2. In what year did Charles Darwin publish his famous book on natural selection called "On The Origin Of Species"?
3. The Burgess Shale Formation, containing tens of thousands of fossils of soft-bodied creatures preserved by a mudslide, was found where?
4. According to the Superstring Theory, the components making up protons, neutrons, electrons, and neutrinos are not regular particles, but instead are:
(a) Super-cooled forces.
(b) Gravity pockets.
(c) Vibrating strings.
(d) Super particles.
5. Ice ages are caused by:
(a) Lunar eclipses.
(b) Solar eclipses.
(c) Unusually cool summers.
(d) Abnormally harsh winters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1994, scientists observed as the comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 struck Jupiter. One particular comet fragment struck the planet with a force of six million megatons, which is equivalent to approximately what?
2. Gregor Mendel, who conducted research on transmittal of traits in pea plants, was a scientist and a:
3. Which famous scientist was once an unknown patent clerk in Switzerland?
4. In 2003, NASA came up with an estimated age of the universe. What was it?
5. Who postponed his honeymoon in order to write a scientific paper about the movements of electrons?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)