|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are so small that the dot on the letter "i" could hold 5 billion of them?
2. How many elements occur naturally on Earth?
3. While he worked at General Motors Research Corporation in 1921, engineer Thomas Midgley, Jr. developed what dangerous gasoline additive?
(a) Isopropyl alcohol.
(b) Combustion catalyst.
(c) Tetraethyl lead.
(d) Hydrochloric acid.
4. Of the available land on Earth, how much is suitable for people to live on?
(a) 26 percent.
(b) 47 percent.
(c) 3 percent.
(d) 12 percent.
5. What is found at the very center of the Earth?
(a) Liquid inner core.
(b) Gaseous core.
(c) Frozen core.
(d) Solid inner core.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the human body consists of water?
2. Today, scientists know that radiation in high doses is:
3. Sir Isaac Newton wrote "Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy," which explains his laws of what?
4. As of July 2001, approximately how many asteroids had been identified?
5. Photosynthesis was developed during the early history of life on Earth by what?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)