|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many bacteria live on a square centimeter of human skin?
2. Plate tectonics refers to:
(a) The mechanism behind hurricanes.
(b) The mechanism behind sand dunes.
(c) The motion of the Earth's crust.
(d) The motion of the Earth's atmosphere.
3. What organisms does the author say are the most enduring inhabitants of our planet?
4. About how many stars can be seen from Earth using a two-inch telescope?
(a) 3 million.
5. Earth is the only planet in the solar system to have what?
(b) Plate tectonics.
(c) Mountains and valleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. An asteroid strike on Earth would most likely affect the climate for how long?
2. With scientists having found so many dinosaur bones by the dawn of the twentieth century, what did they conclude about the age of Earth?
3. Photosynthesis was developed during the early history of life on Earth by what?
4. Most life on Earth is based on what element?
5. In addition to being a seventeenth-century astronomer, Christopher Wren designed:
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)