|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fred Hoyle came up with the term "Big Bang" while trying to:
(a) Disprove the theory.
(b) Simplify how the universe came to exist.
(c) Prove the theory.
(d) Show how life evolved on Earth.
2. Max Planck ignored those who urged him to avoid physics and ended up doing groundbreaking work on:
3. If Earth did not have an atmosphere, it would be what?
(a) Boiling hot.
(c) Extremely windy.
4. According to James Ussher, an Archbishop of the Church of Ireland who was alive in the 1600s, Earth had been created:
(a) In an instant.
(b) On January 1, 10,000 B.C.
(c) Millions of years ago.
(d) On October 23, 4004 B.C.
5. According to the author, humans today have 625 percent more what in their bloodstream compared to previous generations?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the last supervolcano erupt on Earth?
2. Invented in the 1930s, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) have proven to be damaging to:
3. In times past, Earth was:
4. Richard Owen coined the term paleontology as the study of prehistoric life forms and called the giant animals dinosaurian, meaning:
5. The strongest earthquake ever recorded was measured off the coast of Chile in 1960. What did it measure on the Richter scale?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)