|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to being a seventeenth-century astronomer, Christopher Wren designed:
2. Pluto is the first planet to be discovered by an:
3. James Hutton was a geologist who wondered why:
(a) There are no polar bears in Antarctica.
(b) Seashell fossils are found on mountaintops.
(c) Polar ice caps do not melt.
(d) The Great Barrier Reef is off the coast of Australia.
4. About how many stars are visible to the naked eye from Earth?
5. Fred Hoyle came up with the term "Big Bang" while trying to:
(a) Prove the theory.
(b) Disprove the theory.
(c) Show how life evolved on Earth.
(d) Simplify how the universe came to exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Einstein's theories, what is the nature of space?
2. In a span of just 20 years, the number of known moons in the solar system grew from:
3. According to James Ussher, an Archbishop of the Church of Ireland who was alive in the 1600s, Earth had been created:
4. According to the Reverend William Buckland, the biblical reference to "in the beginning" with regards to the formation of Earth could refer to:
5. Had the universe formed just slightly differently:
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)