|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When radiation was first discovered, it was sometimes added to:
(a) Gasoline and alcohol.
(b) Drinking water.
(c) Toothpastes and laxatives.
(d) Stews and casseroles.
2. According to James Ussher, an Archbishop of the Church of Ireland who was alive in the 1600s, Earth had been created:
(a) On January 1, 10,000 B.C.
(b) On October 23, 4004 B.C.
(c) Millions of years ago.
(d) In an instant.
3. What is found at the very center of the Earth?
(a) Gaseous core.
(b) Solid inner core.
(c) Frozen core.
(d) Liquid inner core.
4. Astronomer Edmond Halley approached mathematician Sir Isaac Newton to get his help figuring out why planets:
(a) Are round.
(b) Spin on their axes.
(c) Vary in size.
(d) Orbit the sun in ellipses.
5. What is the highest elevation that humans are able to live and survive on Earth continuously without special accommodations?
(a) 18,000 feet.
(b) 14,000 feet.
(c) 22,000 feet.
(d) 27,000 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Geiger counter is a:
2. In 1903, who won the Nobel Prize in physics for discovering radioactivity?
3. Arranged side by side, how many atoms can fit across the width of a typical human hair?
4. Regarding species that have gone extinct, scientists generally:
5. The oldest record of life found so far consists of fossilized traces of microbes discovered where?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)