|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gregor Mendel, who conducted research on transmittal of traits in pea plants, was a scientist and a:
2. Many scientists suspect that Pluto is just a comet of the:
(a) Neptunian Belt.
(b) Orion Belt.
(c) Kuiper Belt.
(d) Solar Belt.
3. The Geiger counter is a:
(a) Radioactivity detector.
(b) Voltage meter.
(c) Magnetic imager.
(d) Molecular microscope.
4. While he worked at General Motors Research Corporation in 1921, engineer Thomas Midgley, Jr. developed what dangerous gasoline additive?
(a) Combustion catalyst.
(b) Hydrochloric acid.
(c) Tetraethyl lead.
(d) Isopropyl alcohol.
5. What campaign did geologist Clair Patterson take on?
(a) Removing chlorine from swimming pools.
(b) Fortifying milk with vitamin D.
(c) Adding fluoride to drinking water.
(d) Removing lead additives from gasoline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Halley believed that once scientists figured out the distance from the sun to the Earth, they could then calculate what?
2. Approximately how many bacteria live on a square centimeter of human skin?
3. Harry Hess determined that, in the Atlantic, the ocean floor is:
4. What was the HMS Beagle, and how was it related to Charles Darwin?
5. Photosynthesis was developed during the early history of life on Earth by what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)