|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5,Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an extremophile?
(a) An extremely large living organism.
(b) An organism adapted to living in extreme conditions.
(c) A researcher who explores extremely isolated regions.
(d) A scientist who studies climate extremes.
2. A caldera is a:
(a) Group of hot springs.
(b) Pointy volcanic peak.
(c) Chain of islands.
(d) Large crater.
3. Who suggested that mass and energy are actually the same thing?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Joseph Lister.
4. Max Planck ignored those who urged him to avoid physics and ended up doing groundbreaking work on:
5. What did Carl Linnaeus bring order to through his method of classification?
(a) Naming bodies of water.
(b) The bacterial world.
(c) Naming features of the moon.
(d) The plant world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1875, why was Max Planck advised against studying physics and urged to study math instead?
2. When did the last supervolcano erupt on Earth?
3. What did Carl Linnaeus develop that is still in wide use today?
4. In the 1960s, what did Bob Christiansen realize about Yellowstone National Park after observing NASA-supplied images?
5. Approximately how many okapi live in the rain forests of Zaire?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)