|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the perception of midwives among women?
2. How were the churches in each town supported?
(a) Town taxes
(b) State taxes
(c) Congregation funds
(d) Federal taxes
3. A physician's training was ___________________________.
(a) experimental and manual
(b) traditional and manual
(c) traditional and experimental
(d) experimental and literary
4. Where did young unwed mothers stay?
(a) With their parents
(b) With their lovers
(c) With distant relatives
(d) With the preacher's wife
5. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
6. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Legal work
(b) Education work
(c) Public business
(d) Religious work
7. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) drinking water
(b) taking a nap
(c) sitting in the sun
(d) purging the body
8. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
(b) very high
(d) below average
9. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
10. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(c) Could be better
11. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
12. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Unseen community business
(b) Volunteer work
(c) Editorial work
(d) Education work
13. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
14. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 50 per 1000
(b) 150 per 1000
(c) 15 per 1000
(d) 10 per 1500
15. Why does Martha think Dr. Page will not be successful?
(a) He comes from a big city
(b) He is young and single
(c) He has no connections in the town
(d) He is too inexperienced
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of Ephraim's professions?
2. What is Martha's sister's name?
3. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
4. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
5. Martha's training was _________________________.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)