|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(a) Marshmallow root
2. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
3. Who does the woman in #82 claim is the father of her child?
(a) Reverend Foster
(b) Captain North
(c) Henry Sewall
(d) Jonathan Ballard
4. When could a man be charged with fornication?
(a) When he refused to take responsibility for a child
(b) When an affair lasted more than six months
(c) When his partner was a young girl
(d) When he was married
5. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He adds on to the structure
(b) He tears it down
(c) It burns down
(d) He builds a front porch
Short Answer Questions
1. A physician's training was ___________________________.
2. What did Dr. Page not understand?
3. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
4. What does Martha charge for each birth?
5. Martha's success rate was comparable to the statistics of the _______________.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)