|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
2. How are 18th century weddings described?
(a) Extremely reserved
(b) Big events
(d) Over the top
3. What is Martha's physical state?
(c) Terminally ill
(d) Tired and in constant pain
4. Why does Martha think Dr. Page will not be successful?
(a) He comes from a big city
(b) He has no connections in the town
(c) He is too inexperienced
(d) He is young and single
5. Who moves into the Ballard house after their two daughters and niece leave to live with their new husbands?
(a) Betsy and Rebecca
(b) Sally and Ellen
(c) Betsy and Sally
(d) Betsy and Ellen
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
2. How long had the Ballards been living at John Jones Mill?
3. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
4. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
5. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)