|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Kennebec River
(b) Ohio River
(c) Colorado River
(d) Mississippi River
2. Where did young unwed mothers stay?
(a) With their parents
(b) With distant relatives
(c) With the preacher's wife
(d) With their lovers
3. How many preachers was each town allowed?
4. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She asked them to stay
(b) She would not let them marry
(c) She demanded that they stay
(d) She had enough money from her two businesses
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) She wanted to keep a medical log
(b) No one really knows
(c) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(d) She had a hard time remembering appointments
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was expected to provide all the items for the newlyweds' new home?
2. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
3. Which of the following is not something Martha noted in her diary about each birth?
4. How long did brides remain with their parents after the marriage?
5. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)