|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are 18th century weddings described?
(a) Big events
(b) Extremely reserved
(d) Over the top
2. What is the function of a midwife?
(d) Deliver babies
3. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Massachusetts
(b) Oxford, Mississippi
(c) Oxford, Ohio
(d) Oxford, England
4. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
(a) He was hanged
(b) He was imprisoned
(c) He was exiled
(d) He was acquitted
5. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Augusta, Georgia
(b) Augusta, Maine
(c) Albany, New York
(d) Portland, Maine
Short Answer Questions
1. Which prominent man in Hallowell did not like Isaac Foster?
2. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
3. What was Ephraim's profession?
4. How many nights had Ephraim spent in the woods as a surveyor?
5. How long had the Ballards been living at John Jones Mill?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)