|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
(a) His title
(b) His address
(c) His middle name
(d) His wife's name
2. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Molly
(b) Hannah and Dolly
(c) Molly and Ellen
(d) Hannah and Daisy
3. How are 18th century weddings described?
(b) Extremely reserved
(c) Big events
(d) Over the top
4. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's father-in-law
(b) Martha's brother-in-law
(c) Martha's husband
(d) Martha's first son
5. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She demanded that they stay
(b) She asked them to stay
(c) She would not let them marry
(d) She had enough money from her two businesses
Short Answer Questions
1. Were marriages arranged in the 18th century?
2. How old is Ephraim in January of 1796?
3. In what year does Martha start her diary?
4. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
5. How many children does Martha deliver in her lifetime?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)