|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into the Ballard house after their two daughters and niece leave to live with their new husbands?
(a) Betsy and Rebecca
(b) Betsy and Sally
(c) Betsy and Ellen
(d) Sally and Ellen
2. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
3. Why does Martha think Dr. Page will not be successful?
(a) He has no connections in the town
(b) He is young and single
(c) He comes from a big city
(d) He is too inexperienced
4. How many nights had Ephraim spent in the woods as a surveyor?
5. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(a) Could be better
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
2. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
3. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
4. In what year does Martha start her diary?
5. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)