|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did away with the community female healers?
(a) Fewer women in the profession
(b) More hospitals
(c) Fewer patients
(d) Professionalism and male dominance
2. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) sitting in the sun
(b) purging the body
(c) drinking water
(d) taking a nap
3. What happens to Jonathan Ballard during his employment with Peter Jones at the mill?
(a) He was injured
(b) He bought the business
(c) He was terminated
(d) He was promoted
4. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Lawyer and judge
(b) Surveyor and judge
(c) Surveyor and miller
(d) Lawyer and miller
5. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
2. Martha used her diary to _________________.
3. Which prominent man in Hallowell did not like Isaac Foster?
4. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
5. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)