|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Martha have?
2. What is Martha's sister's name?
(a) Clara Barton
(b) Dorothy Ballard
(c) Elizabeth Brown
(d) Dorothy Barton
3. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He falls in love
(b) He buys a horse
(c) He plants a garden
(d) He works for neighbors
4. In Martha's time it was a common practice for _______________ to attend autopsies.
5. Which of the following was not one of Ephraim's professions?
(a) Tax collector
Short Answer Questions
1. What did away with the community female healers?
2. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
3. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
5. How many nights had Ephraim spent in the woods as a surveyor?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)