|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Religious work
(b) Education work
(c) Public business
(d) Legal work
2. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He tears it down
(b) He builds a front porch
(c) He adds on to the structure
(d) It burns down
3. How were the churches in each town supported?
(a) Congregation funds
(b) Town taxes
(c) State taxes
(d) Federal taxes
4. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
(b) Quick payment
(c) Lack of food
(d) Wild animals
5. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 150 per 1000
(b) 10 per 1500
(c) 15 per 1000
(d) 50 per 1000
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Page not understand?
2. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
3. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
4. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
5. Who was expected to provide all the items for the newlyweds' new home?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)