|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
2. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
3. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
(a) Dame or Mistress
(b) Lady or Mam
(c) Lady or Madam
(d) Lady or Mistress
4. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
5. To what event is Martha invited?
(a) John Davis Jr.'s birthday party
(b) John Davis Jr.'s autopsy
(c) John Davis Jr.'s funeral
(d) John Davis Jr.s' Baptism
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
2. How could birth be a dangerous process?
3. What profession did some of the ousted female healers choose?
4. How are 18th century weddings described?
5. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)