|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Isaac Foster's wife's name?
2. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
(a) Chomping at the bit
(b) Up in arms
(c) At the end of its tether
(d) No rest for the weary
3. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
(a) The preacher in Portland
(b) The preacher in Augusta
(c) The preacher in Kennebunk
(d) The preacher in Hallowell
4. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
5. What is the perception of midwives among women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
2. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
3. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
5. How old is Ephraim in January of 1796?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)