|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Martha stay after the murders?
(a) With the Densmores
(b) With Martha and Ephraim
(c) With Jonathan and Sally
(d) With the Fosters
2. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 150 per 1000
(b) 15 per 1000
(c) 50 per 1000
(d) 10 per 1500
3. How many children did Martha have?
4. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
5. Martha used her diary to _________________.
(a) vent about emotional problems
(b) unload her problems
(c) track her businesses
(d) complain about her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ephraim jailed?
2. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
3. Martha's diary entries did not follow the same tone as other midwives from ________________.
4. Who is the new girl hired by Martha to help in the house?
5. What are the names of the two children who survived?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)