|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the perception of midwives among women?
2. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Molly
(b) Hannah and Dolly
(c) Molly and Ellen
(d) Hannah and Daisy
3. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
4. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
5. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
(a) When the baby was considered healthy
(b) When she could make her own bed
(c) When the relatives went home
(d) When one month had passed
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
2. What played an important role in selecting a marriage partner?
3. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
4. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
5. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)