|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
2. What did away with the community female healers?
(a) More hospitals
(b) Fewer women in the profession
(c) Fewer patients
(d) Professionalism and male dominance
3. How are 18th century weddings described?
(a) Extremely reserved
(b) Big events
(d) Over the top
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) sitting in the sun
(b) taking a nap
(c) drinking water
(d) purging the body
5. Where is Ephraim jailed?
(a) The Hallowell jail
(b) The Kennebunk jail
(c) The Augusta prison
(d) Shawshank prison
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
2. Which prominent man in Hallowell did not like Isaac Foster?
3. How many of his children did the answer to #148 kill?
4. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
5. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)