|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Daisy
(b) Molly and Ellen
(c) Hannah and Molly
(d) Hannah and Dolly
2. Everyone knew that birth was a ______________ process.
3. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephraim leaves her
(b) Ephraim is arrested
(c) Ephaim is very ill
(d) Ephraim dies
4. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
(a) His middle name
(b) His title
(c) His wife's name
(d) His address
5. Why is Ephraim arrested?
(a) He writes scandalous editorials
(b) He refuses to pay his taxes
(c) He is $800 short in his accounting
(d) He cheats customers on a regular basis
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
2. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
3. What was Ephraim's profession?
4. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
5. How long did brides remain with their parents after the marriage?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)