|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Young midwives are __________________ by the doctors in the area.
2. An unwed mother was required to _______________________.
(a) give her baby up
(b) raise the child alone
(c) admit to the crime of fornication
(d) marry the child's father
3. How long did brides remain with their parents after the marriage?
(a) 1 month
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 year
(d) 2 months
4. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(d) Could be better
5. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Dolly
(b) Hannah and Molly
(c) Molly and Ellen
(d) Hannah and Daisy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
2. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
3. What are the names of the two children who survived?
4. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
5. Why is Ephraim arrested?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)