|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who committed a murder/suicide on July 9, 1806?
(a) Captain Purrinton
(b) Dr. Page
(c) Reverend Foster
(d) Dr. Densmore
2. What did Dr. Page not understand?
(a) breech birth
(d) false labor
3. Where is Ephraim jailed?
(a) Shawshank prison
(b) The Kennebunk jail
(c) The Hallowell jail
(d) The Augusta prison
4. Whose illegitimate child does Martha deliver in October of 1791?
(a) Rebecca Densmore
(b) Rebecca Foster
(c) Ellen Franklin
(d) Sally Pierce
5. Who else commits suicide during this period?
(a) Mr. Gill and Jonathan
(b) Mr. Gill and Dr. Page
(c) Benjamin Petty and Reverend Foster
(d) Mr. Gill and Benjamin Petty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha charge for each birth?
2. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
3. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
4. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
5. What did Martha use as purgatives?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)