|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
2. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
(a) A tablecloth
(b) Some flax
(c) A turkey
(d) A pie
3. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
(a) He was hanged
(b) He was acquitted
(c) He was exiled
(d) He was imprisoned
4. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
(b) U.S. army troops
(c) French explorers
(d) Native Americans
5. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at early American language
(b) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(c) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(d) A look at medical malpractice
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
2. What is Ephraim's attitude about his surveying work?
3. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
4. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
5. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)