|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
(a) Mrs. Franklin
(b) Mrs. Densmore
(c) Mrs. Dunham
(d) Mrs. Foster
2. What is Isaac Foster's wife's name?
3. Martha used her diary to _________________.
(a) complain about her husband
(b) track her businesses
(c) vent about emotional problems
(d) unload her problems
4. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 150 per 1000
(b) 50 per 1000
(c) 15 per 1000
(d) 10 per 1500
5. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
2. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
3. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
4. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
5. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)