|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
2. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Massachusetts
(b) Oxford, England
(c) Oxford, Ohio
(d) Oxford, Mississippi
3. How many children does Martha deliver in her lifetime?
4. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
5. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at early American language
(b) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(c) A look at medical malpractice
(d) A look at how medicine was dispersed
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Martha start her diary?
2. Many New England tows were religiously divided between the strict ______________ and the liberals.
3. What is the function of a midwife?
4. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
5. Which prominent man in Hallowell did not like Isaac Foster?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)