|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
2. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Mississippi
(b) Oxford, Massachusetts
(c) Oxford, England
(d) Oxford, Ohio
3. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Education work
(b) Volunteer work
(c) Unseen community business
(d) Editorial work
4. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
5. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He plants a garden
(b) He works for neighbors
(c) He buys a horse
(d) He falls in love
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
2. What did Martha use as purgatives?
3. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
4. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
5. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)