|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
2. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
3. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) purging the body
(b) sitting in the sun
(c) drinking water
(d) taking a nap
4. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He plants a garden
(b) He buys a horse
(c) He falls in love
(d) He works for neighbors
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) No one really knows
(b) She had a hard time remembering appointments
(c) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(d) She wanted to keep a medical log
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
2. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
3. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
4. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
5. How many children did Martha have?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)