|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
(a) The preacher in Portland
(b) The preacher in Kennebunk
(c) The preacher in Hallowell
(d) The preacher in Augusta
2. Martha used her diary to _________________.
(a) complain about her husband
(b) unload her problems
(c) track her businesses
(d) vent about emotional problems
3. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
4. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at medical malpractice
(b) A look at early American language
(c) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(d) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
5. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
(b) Daily activities
(c) To-do list
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
2. How many children does Martha deliver in her lifetime?
3. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
4. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
5. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)