|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
2. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
(a) Mrs. Dunham
(b) Mrs. Franklin
(c) Mrs. Foster
(d) Mrs. Densmore
3. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
(a) New York
4. What does Martha charge for each birth?
(a) 6 shillings
(b) 3 shillings
(c) 10 shillings
(d) 12 shillings
5. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
2. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
3. In what year does Martha start her diary?
4. What major problem does Martha have with living in the new house?
5. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)