|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
(a) The death of a mother and child
(b) The birth of her first child
(c) The first time she delivers a child
(d) The Baptism of her last child
2. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He plants a garden
(b) He buys a horse
(c) He works for neighbors
(d) He falls in love
3. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(c) Could be better
4. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
(a) A turkey
(b) Some flax
(c) A tablecloth
(d) A pie
5. Many New England tows were religiously divided between the strict ______________ and the liberals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
2. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
3. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
4. In what year does Martha start her diary?
5. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)