|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
(a) Miss or their father's name
(b) Ms. or their first name
(c) Miss or their fiance's name
(d) Miss or their first name
2. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
3. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Surveyor and judge
(b) Surveyor and miller
(c) Lawyer and judge
(d) Lawyer and miller
4. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
(a) Henry Sewall
(b) Thomas Sewall
(c) James Franklin
(d) Colonel North
5. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major problem does Martha have with living in the new house?
2. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
3. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
4. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
5. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)