|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
(a) Mrs. Franklin
(b) Mrs. Dunham
(c) Mrs. Densmore
(d) Mrs. Foster
2. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He builds a front porch
(b) He tears it down
(c) It burns down
(d) He adds on to the structure
3. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(a) Marshmallow root
4. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(a) Could be better
5. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
2. How were the churches in each town supported?
3. Which prominent man in Hallowell did not like Isaac Foster?
4. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
5. What is Isaac Foster's wife's name?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)