|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Molly and Ellen
(b) Hannah and Daisy
(c) Hannah and Molly
(d) Hannah and Dolly
2. Which of the following was not one of Ephraim's professions?
(a) Tax collector
3. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He works for neighbors
(b) He falls in love
(c) He plants a garden
(d) He buys a horse
4. In what year does Martha start her diary?
5. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at early American language
(b) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(c) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(d) A look at medical malpractice
Short Answer Questions
1. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
2. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
3. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
4. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
5. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)