|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Martha deliver in her lifetime?
2. In what year does Martha start her diary?
3. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He tears it down
(b) He builds a front porch
(c) It burns down
(d) He adds on to the structure
4. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
5. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
(b) Justice of the Peace
(c) Newspaper Editor
Short Answer Questions
1. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
2. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
3. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
4. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)