|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Ohio River
(b) Mississippi River
(c) Kennebec River
(d) Colorado River
2. What does Martha charge for each birth?
(a) 6 shillings
(b) 10 shillings
(c) 12 shillings
(d) 3 shillings
3. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Albany, New York
(b) Portland, Maine
(c) Augusta, Maine
(d) Augusta, Georgia
4. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
(a) Mrs. Densmore
(b) Mrs. Franklin
(c) Mrs. Dunham
(d) Mrs. Foster
5. Which of the following was not one of Ephraim's professions?
(d) Tax collector
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
2. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
3. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
4. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
5. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)