|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
2. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He falls in love
(b) He works for neighbors
(c) He buys a horse
(d) He plants a garden
3. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
(a) The preacher in Augusta
(b) The preacher in Kennebunk
(c) The preacher in Hallowell
(d) The preacher in Portland
4. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
(a) Henry Sewall
(b) James Franklin
(c) Thomas Sewall
(d) Colonel North
5. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
2. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
3. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
4. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
5. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)