|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She would not let them marry
(b) She had enough money from her two businesses
(c) She asked them to stay
(d) She demanded that they stay
2. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He builds a front porch
(b) It burns down
(c) He tears it down
(d) He adds on to the structure
3. How many children did Martha have?
4. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
(a) The preacher in Kennebunk
(b) The preacher in Portland
(c) The preacher in Hallowell
(d) The preacher in Augusta
5. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
2. What is the perception of midwives among women?
3. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
4. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
5. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)