|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 50
(b) Over 40
(c) Over 60
(d) Over 70
2. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(c) Could be better
3. How long had the Ballards been living at John Jones Mill?
(a) 7 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 10 years
4. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She demanded that they stay
(b) She had enough money from her two businesses
(c) She asked them to stay
(d) She would not let them marry
5. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He adds on to the structure
(b) He builds a front porch
(c) He tears it down
(d) It burns down
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
2. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
3. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
4. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
5. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)