|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
2. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He works for neighbors
(b) He falls in love
(c) He buys a horse
(d) He plants a garden
3. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
(a) Mrs. Dunham
(b) Mrs. Franklin
(c) Mrs. Foster
(d) Mrs. Densmore
4. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
5. How many preachers was each town allowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone knew that birth was a ______________ process.
2. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
3. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
4. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
5. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)