|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's training was _________________________.
(a) literary and experimental
(b) traditional and experimental
(c) manual and experimental
(d) traditional and manual
2. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
(a) Chomping at the bit
(b) No rest for the weary
(c) At the end of its tether
(d) Up in arms
3. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
4. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
(a) below average
(c) very high
5. Which of the following is not something Martha noted in her diary about each birth?
(a) Comments about the woman's body
(b) Gender of the baby
(c) Time of birth
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
2. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
3. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
4. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
5. What is Martha's sister's name?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)