|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
(a) James Franklin
(b) Thomas Sewall
(c) Henry Sewall
(d) Colonel North
2. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
3. How could birth be a dangerous process?
(a) If the woman was alone
(b) If it was a multiple birth
(c) If the baby was premature
(d) If it was a breech birth
4. Why does Dr. Page become a problem for Martha?
(a) He includes midwifery in his practice
(b) He opens his practice next door
(c) He sues her
(d) He makes slanderous comments about her
5. Many New England tows were religiously divided between the strict ______________ and the liberals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Isaac Foster's wife's name?
2. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
3. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
4. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
5. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)