|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Portland
(b) On Jonathan's farm
(c) In Kennebunk
(d) In Augusta
2. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He builds a front porch
(b) It burns down
(c) He adds on to the structure
(d) He tears it down
3. How were the churches in each town supported?
(a) Town taxes
(b) Federal taxes
(c) Congregation funds
(d) State taxes
4. What major problem does Martha have with living in the new house?
5. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
2. What is Martha's sister's name?
3. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
4. What is the perception of midwives among women?
5. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)