|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
(a) Chomping at the bit
(b) At the end of its tether
(c) Up in arms
(d) No rest for the weary
2. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
3. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
(a) Captain North's house
(b) Henry Sewall's house
(c) The Mill Pond house
(d) Old Lieutenant Howard's house
4. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
(a) Thomas Sewall
(b) Henry Sewall
(c) Colonel North
(d) James Franklin
5. Martha used her diary to _________________.
(a) vent about emotional problems
(b) track her businesses
(c) complain about her husband
(d) unload her problems
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
2. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
3. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
4. What is Isaac Foster's wife's name?
5. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)