|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
(b) ripple in a pool
(c) blue-checked cloth
(d) spider's web
2. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
3. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She had enough money from her two businesses
(b) She demanded that they stay
(c) She would not let them marry
(d) She asked them to stay
4. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(d) Could be better
5. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Unseen community business
(b) Education work
(c) Editorial work
(d) Volunteer work
Short Answer Questions
1. A physician's training was ___________________________.
2. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
3. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
4. How old is Ephraim in January of 1796?
5. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)