|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of Dr. Page's training, Martha thinks he is _______________.
(c) better than she
2. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) drinking water
(b) sitting in the sun
(c) taking a nap
(d) purging the body
3. What is the perception of midwives among women?
4. What is Martha's physical state?
(c) Tired and in constant pain
(d) Terminally ill
5. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
(a) Dame or Mistress
(b) Lady or Mam
(c) Lady or Madam
(d) Lady or Mistress
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the Ballards been living at John Jones Mill?
2. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
3. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
4. How many preachers was each town allowed?
5. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)