|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the churches in each town supported?
(a) Town taxes
(b) State taxes
(c) Federal taxes
(d) Congregation funds
2. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
3. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
4. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
(b) very high
(c) below average
5. Which of the following is not something Martha had to contend with as a midwife?
(b) Premature births
(c) False Labor
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
2. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
3. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
4. Martha used her diary to _________________.
5. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)