|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Page become a problem for Martha?
(a) He makes slanderous comments about her
(b) He sues her
(c) He opens his practice next door
(d) He includes midwifery in his practice
2. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
3. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
4. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
5. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
Short Answer Questions
1. How could birth be a dangerous process?
2. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
3. Martha's success rate was comparable to the statistics of the _______________.
4. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
5. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)