|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
(a) To-do list
(c) Daily activities
2. Which of the following was not one of Ephraim's professions?
(c) Tax collector
3. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
(a) When the baby was considered healthy
(b) When one month had passed
(c) When the relatives went home
(d) When she could make her own bed
4. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
(c) Scarlet fever
5. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 50
(b) Over 40
(c) Over 60
(d) Over 70
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha's diary entries did not follow the same tone as other midwives from ________________.
2. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
3. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
4. What does Martha charge for each birth?
5. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)