|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ephraim in January of 1796?
(a) Over 70
(b) Over 60
(c) Over 40
(d) Over 50
2. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
(a) A tablecloth
(b) Some flax
(c) A pie
(d) A turkey
3. What did Dr. Page not understand?
(b) breech birth
(d) false labor
4. Martha's diary entries did not follow the same tone as other midwives from ________________.
(a) Rhode Island
5. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
(a) below average
(b) very high
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
2. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
3. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
4. Who is the new girl hired by Martha to help in the house?
5. What does Martha charge for each birth?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)