|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha's sister's name?
(a) Dorothy Ballard
(b) Dorothy Barton
(c) Elizabeth Brown
(d) Clara Barton
2. Who is Dr. Page?
(a) An Augusta physician
(b) A Hallowell physician
(c) A Boston physician
(d) A Portland physician
3. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
4. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
5. Which of the following is not something Martha noted in her diary about each birth?
(a) Time of birth
(b) Comments about the woman's body
(d) Gender of the baby
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
2. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
3. What is Martha's physical state?
4. Who is the new girl hired by Martha to help in the house?
5. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)