|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January 1796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 15 per 1000
(b) 50 per 1000
(c) 10 per 1500
(d) 150 per 1000
2. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
3. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
(a) His address
(b) His middle name
(c) His wife's name
(d) His title
4. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
(a) Some flax
(b) A turkey
(c) A pie
(d) A tablecloth
5. What happens to Jonathan Ballard during his employment with Peter Jones at the mill?
(a) He bought the business
(b) He was injured
(c) He was terminated
(d) He was promoted
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
2. Who is Dr. Page?
3. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
4. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
5. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)