Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt send to Britain?
2. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
3. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
4. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
5. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
Essay Topic 1
Britain was close to being bankrupt at fairly early in the war against Germany. Discuss the following:
1. How do countries finance wars?
2. Why don't you think the prohibitive cost of wars doesn't seem to serve as a deterrent to war?
3. Discuss some of the other costs of war. Is any goal of war worth these costs? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
The book is centered on the event known as World War II, it is useful grasp an overview of the war and its issues. Discuss one of the following:
1. Research and write an informative essay on how, why, and where World War II in Europe began. Who are the principle players? Where is the first battle? What are the issues involved in the start of the war in Europe? Does the aggressor have a legitimate grievance?
2. In addition to WWII being fought in the European theater, a second, simultaneous war is fought in what becomes known as the Pacific Theater. Research and write an informative essay on how, why, and where World War II in the Pacific began. Who are the principle players? Where is the first battle? What are the issues involved in the start of the war in the Pacific? Does the aggressor have a legitimate grievance?
3. Research and write an informative essay on how and why the war in both Europe and the Pacific arena end. Why do the aggressors seek peace? What are the terms of surrender? Are the aggressors treated fairly? Humanely?
Essay Topic 3
Roosevelt had to convince the American public to support England. Supply lines had to remain open, and England needed destroyers and other war equipment. This placed Roosevelt in an awkward position because he was running for re-election and couldn't openly be pro-war. Discuss the following:
1. What does it say about presidential power that Roosevelt could not just hand over money and equipment to England?
2. Do you think Roosevelt should have allowed the upcoming election to influence his public stance on the war? Why or why not?
3. Research the attitude of the people of the United States towards the early part of the war going on in Europe. Did they think it was any of their business? Why or why not? What was the general consensus about entering the war on the side of Great Britain?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)