|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
2. Who was CYNTHIA?
(a) An agent recruited by the CIA.
(b) An agent working for the gestapo.
(c) An agent in charge of radio communications in Bermuda.
(d) An agent is recruited by the BSC
3. Who had a relationship with I. B. Farben?
(a) Giant Oil.
(b) Shell Oil.
(c) British Petroleum.
(d) Standard Oil.
4. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
(a) Round up the Danish royal family.
(b) Ship Danes to work as virtual slaves on missle projects.
(c) Round up Jews.
(d) Conscript Danish men.
5. Who was skeptical of the plans for the North African invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
2. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
3. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
4. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
5. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
2. How did Stevenson stymie money laundering efforts by the Nazis in Mexico?
3. What did the BSC plan to do about Heydrich and what is one of his most despicable duties?
4. What was the American involvement in the war at this point (May, 1941)?
5. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
6. How did Stevenson head off Nazi support in Brazil?
7. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
8. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
9. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
10. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)