|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
(a) As a warning.
(b) To form mines near the English channel.
(c) To to keep the ships from being turned over to the Germans.
(d) In reprisal for a French betrayal of a spy mission.
2. Who did Roosevelt decide to recognize?
(a) The exiled Swedish government.
(c) The Vichy French.
3. What plans were begun in August 1941?
(a) For the assassination of Heydirch.
(b) For the assassination of Roosevelt
(c) For the assassination of Von Braun.
(d) For the assassination of Hitler.
4. What was assembled to give the impression of an invasion at Dieppe?
(a) 250 ships and thousands of soldiers.
(b) A bevy of missles that were not actually armed.
(d) Misleading intelligence broadcasted over a frequency that was known to be compromised.
5. What operation succeeded in deceiving the enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hoover not find credible?
2. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
3. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
4. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
5. What was Brazil being used as by the Nazis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
2. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
3. Who was CYNTHIA?
4. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
5. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
6. Why did Bohr eventually leave Denmark and where does he go?
7. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
8. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
9. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
10. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)