|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
(a) The heavy water plant was located in Copenhagen.
(b) No one; it was destroyed.
(c) The allies.
2. Why did the papers not arrive?
(a) Greenbaum lost them on the way to Sweden.
(b) Von Braun lost them on the way to Sweden.
(c) Greenbaum lost them on the way to Switzerland.
(d) Rozental lost them on the way to Sweden.
3. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
(a) That Stalin had met with German representatives.
(b) That Tobruk fell.
(c) That the Americans wanted to concentrate on the Pacific arena.
(d) That the allies were still hoding Tobruk but rather tenuously.
4. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
(a) Mass murder of many people.
(b) Trying to win over the peasants.
(c) An atomic bomb to totally destroy the land.
(d) Taking all the young Aryan-type children and sending them to Germany for adoption.
5. How did the Germans retaliate for Heydrich's death?
(a) Bombed Bilovec until it was all rubble.
(b) Ordering a dusk to dawn curfew.
(c) Setting fire to the crops.
(d) Killing 100 Czechs every evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hoover not find credible?
2. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
3. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
4. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
5. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
2. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
3. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
4. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
5. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
6. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
7. How did Stevenson stymie money laundering efforts by the Nazis in Mexico?
8. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
9. What was the American involvement in the war at this point (May, 1941)?
10. Discuss operation TORCH.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)