|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
(a) The fall of many major German operatives in the United States.
(b) The fall of many major German operatives in England.
(c) It makes operation TORCH possible.
(d) The fall of many major German operatives in France.
2. Who was CYNTHIA?
(a) An agent is recruited by the BSC
(b) An agent in charge of radio communications in Bermuda.
(c) An agent working for the gestapo.
(d) An agent recruited by the CIA.
3. What else did the operation in question #133 do?
(a) Tested the enemy radar.
(b) Gained considerable ground for the allies.
(c) Tested the enemy's codes.
(d) Tested the enemy's morale.
4. What was captured in the St. Lawrence in December 1941?
(a) Two Islands.
(b) The Polish crown prince.
(c) The Swedish head of intelligence.
(d) The Russian chief of staff.
5. What plans were begun in August 1941?
(a) For the assassination of Von Braun.
(b) For the assassination of Roosevelt
(c) For the assassination of Heydirch.
(d) For the assassination of Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Germans believe it would take them to conquer Russia?
2. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
3. Who had a relationship with I. B. Farben?
4. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
5. What did Bohr refuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was CYNTHIA?
2. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
3. Why did Bohr eventually leave Denmark and where does he go?
4. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
5. How did Stevenson head off Nazi support in Brazil?
6. Discuss operation TORCH.
7. Briefly explain who "TRICYCLE" was and his involvement with the United States.
8. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
9. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
10. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)