|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
(b) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(c) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(d) The Polish Prince.
2. What did the BSC work to keep from happening in Mexican ports?
(a) Sabotage of U. S. naval vessels.
(b) Sale of munitions to Japan.
(c) German ships resupplying there.
(d) Sale of munitions to Germany.
3. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
(a) Insist upon being present at all future meetings.
(b) Fire the men that he was forced to hire.
(c) Causes problems for the BSC.
(d) Insist on his best ten agents monitoring the Russians in Europe.
4. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
(a) Taking all the young Aryan-type children and sending them to Germany for adoption.
(b) An atomic bomb to totally destroy the land.
(c) Trying to win over the peasants.
(d) Mass murder of many people.
5. With whom did Stevenson battle about U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries doing business with the Nazis?
(c) J. Edgar Hoover.
(d) John L. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
2. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
3. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
4. Who did the British and Americans want to get out of Denmark?
5. How were German U-boats located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the BSC set up Hitler to believe that Heydrich's death was "in the stars"?
2. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
3. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
4. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
5. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
6. How did Stevenson stymie money laundering efforts by the Nazis in Mexico?
7. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
8. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
9. Discuss operation TORCH.
10. What did the BSC plan to do about Heydrich and what is one of his most despicable duties?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)