|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bohr refuse?
(a) To sabotage the plant.
(b) To turn over his research notes to scientists in the United States.
(c) To stop his work and move to England.
(d) To try to assassinate Hitler the next time Hitler visited.
2. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
(b) In the assembly building.
(c) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
(d) At a hair pin curve.
3. Through whom did the United States pass arms to the British?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Canadians.
4. What did Hoover not find credible?
(b) SUGAR DADDY.
5. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
(a) Intelligence about the next thrust of Hitler's plan for Latin America.
(b) Two KGB agents who were working for the United States.
(c) Several exposed double agents.
(d) Some of the money transferred to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
2. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
3. Why was J. Edgar Hoover angry?
4. What was the code name for the invasion of French North Africa?
5. What plans were begun in August 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
2. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
3. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
4. Who did Bohr send out of Denmark with his notes and what happened?
5. How did Stevenson stymie money laundering efforts by the Nazis in Mexico?
6. Who was CYNTHIA?
7. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
8. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
9. What was the purpose of operation JUBILEE and what did the Germans think was happening?
10. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)