|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the papers not arrive?
(a) Greenbaum lost them on the way to Switzerland.
(b) Rozental lost them on the way to Sweden.
(c) Von Braun lost them on the way to Sweden.
(d) Greenbaum lost them on the way to Sweden.
2. Who seemed to have the greatest chance of being first to develop the atomic bomb?
3. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
(a) No one; it was destroyed.
(b) The heavy water plant was located in Copenhagen.
(c) The allies.
4. What did Stevenson confiscate?
(a) A third of the money sent to Mexico.
(b) Several million Dutch-marks in U. S. banks.
(c) A plane used to illegally transport intelligence for the Nazis.
(d) About 90 percent of the money sent to Mexico.
5. Who was left in Sweden after Bohr flew to England?
(b) No one.
(c) Von Braun.
(d) Bohr's wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What correspondence was CYNTHIA asked to obtain?
2. Who did Roosevelt decide to recognize?
3. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
4. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
5. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
2. Describe how the Bismarck was encountered in Norwegian waters by the Hood.
3. How did the BSC set up Hitler to believe that Heydrich's death was "in the stars"?
4. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
5. Why did Bohr eventually leave Denmark and where does he go?
6. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
7. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
8. How did Stevenson head off Nazi support in Brazil?
9. What was the American involvement in the war at this point (May, 1941)?
10. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)