|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Sir Roger Donne.
(c) Arthur Pack.
2. What happened to the village of Lidice?
(a) It was spared since it tried to report the possible assassination.
(c) It was burned to the ground.
(d) It was totally destroyed and its fields salted.
3. What did Bohr manage to do at the end of September?
(a) Get his family out of Denmark.
(b) Escape arrest by the Gestapo.
(c) Kill one of the most loyal Nazi scientists who was on the verge of a breakthrough.
(d) Find a way to send his work out of Norway.
4. What did CYNTHIA obtain from a former lover?
(a) The Polish naval ciphers.
(b) The Italian naval ciphers.
(c) The codes for the new Enigma.
(d) The Russian naval ciphers.
5. What was the code name for the invasion of French North Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans were begun in August 1941?
2. What was the SWALLOW team?
3. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
4. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
5. Who was skeptical of the plans for the North African invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
2. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
3. What was the American involvement in the war at this point (May, 1941)?
4. How did Stevenson stymie money laundering efforts by the Nazis in Mexico?
5. What did the BSC plan to do about Heydrich and what is one of his most despicable duties?
6. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
7. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
8. Discuss operation TORCH.
9. Briefly explain who "TRICYCLE" was and his involvement with the United States.
10. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)