|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was supposed to force a wedge between BSC and the OSS?
2. Through whom did the United States pass arms to the British?
(a) The Canadians.
(b) The Scots.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Irish.
3. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
(a) Julius Rosenberg.
(b) George Greenglass.
(c) Kim Philby.
4. For what were the Russians pushing?
(a) An atomic bomb on Berlin.
(b) Opening a second front.
(c) Opening a third front.
(d) Conceding Poland and Hungary.
5. Why did the lab and experiments of the man in #157 grow?
(a) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fusion.
(b) He was Hitler's brother-in-law and received special treatment.
(c) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fission.
(d) He had unlimited funding from Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continued his work in Copenhagen?
2. What was captured in the St. Lawrence in December 1941?
3. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
4. Who was Aage?
5. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
2. What did the BSC plan to do about Heydrich and what is one of his most despicable duties?
3. How did the BSC set up Hitler to believe that Heydrich's death was "in the stars"?
4. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
5. Who was CYNTHIA?
6. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
7. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
8. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
9. What was the American involvement in the war at this point (May, 1941)?
10. Discuss operation TORCH.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)