|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hitler declare war on the United States?
(a) December 11, 1941.
(b) January 7, 1942.
(c) January 11, 1942.
(d) December 7, 1941.
2. Who was skeptical of the plans for the North African invasion?
3. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Arthur Pack.
(b) Sir Roger Donne.
4. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
(a) An atomic bomb to totally destroy the land.
(b) Mass murder of many people.
(c) Taking all the young Aryan-type children and sending them to Germany for adoption.
(d) Trying to win over the peasants.
5. What did the Americans learn the value of when the Bismarck was found and sunk?
(a) Cooperation among allies.
(b) Radio traffic analysis.
(c) The Americans' help.
(d) Using the Enigma machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
2. Who did Roosevelt send to Britain?
3. Who was supposed to force a wedge between BSC and the OSS?
4. What were the British warships forming a trap for?
5. What did Bohr refuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
2. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
3. Describe the assassination of Heydrich.
4. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
5. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
6. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
7. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
8. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
9. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
10. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)