|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did CYNTHIA obtain from a former lover?
(a) The Italian naval ciphers.
(b) The codes for the new Enigma.
(c) The Russian naval ciphers.
(d) The Polish naval ciphers.
2. What was the SWALLOW team?
(a) A team to fly in to perform covert operations in France.
(b) A team designed to fly in to perform covert operations in Russia.
(c) The special ops team in the Pacific arena.
(d) A back-up team to Cheese.
3. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(b) Sir Roger Donne.
(d) Arthur Pack.
4. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
(a) Trying to win over the peasants.
(b) An atomic bomb to totally destroy the land.
(c) Mass murder of many people.
(d) Taking all the young Aryan-type children and sending them to Germany for adoption.
5. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
(a) Consolidating the interests of their industrial concerns.
(b) Buying land in remote areas.
(c) Establishing a spy network.
(d) Engaging in espionage especially about the plans for the atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
2. What was one of Heydirch's duties?
3. What did the German's revenge spark?
4. Who was supposed to force a wedge between BSC and the OSS?
5. Why was J. Edgar Hoover angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
2. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
3. What was the American involvement in the war at this point (May, 1941)?
4. What was the purpose of operation JUBILEE and what did the Germans think was happening?
5. How were some large corporations in the United States helping the Nazi efforts at world domination?
6. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
7. Why did Bohr eventually leave Denmark and where does he go?
8. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
9. Who did Bohr send out of Denmark with his notes and what happened?
10. Briefly explain who "TRICYCLE" was and his involvement with the United States.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)