|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) Money intended for the local populace.
(c) Counterfeit currency.
(d) Laundered money.
2. What was captured in the St. Lawrence in December 1941?
(a) The Polish crown prince.
(b) Two Islands.
(c) The Swedish head of intelligence.
(d) The Russian chief of staff.
3. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
(a) Misinterpreted codes.
(b) A downed radio station.
(c) A lack of personnel to process the request.
(d) Communist sympathizers.
4. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
(a) Unmanned missles.
(b) Bombs dropped by B-52s.
(d) Internal sabotage by Norwegians who worked there.
5. What did Bohr manage to do at the end of September?
(a) Kill one of the most loyal Nazi scientists who was on the verge of a breakthrough.
(b) Get his family out of Denmark.
(c) Find a way to send his work out of Norway.
(d) Escape arrest by the Gestapo.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what were the Russians pushing?
2. What did CYNTHIA obtain from a former lover?
3. When did Heydrich die?
4. What was under the atomic research lab in Copenhagen?
5. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
2. What did the Brits do to even the research race for the atomic bomb?
3. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
4. Describe the assassination of Heydrich.
5. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
6. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
7. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
8. How did Stevenson head off Nazi support in Brazil?
9. What did the BSC plan to do about Heydrich and what is one of his most despicable duties?
10. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)