|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What correspondence was CYNTHIA asked to obtain?
(a) Between the Vichy French and Europe.
(b) Between Stalin and Hitler.
(c) Between Hitler and Mussolini.
(d) Between Austria and Germany.
2. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
(a) Bombs dropped by B-52s.
(c) Internal sabotage by Norwegians who worked there.
(d) Unmanned missles.
3. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
(a) Through an agent who parachuted in.
(b) Via an Enigma drum.
(c) By a radio-encrypted signal.
(d) In holes bored in two keys.
4. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
(a) January 11, 1943.
(b) December 12, 1942.
(c) August 18, 1944.
(d) August 18, 1942.
5. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The Hood.
(c) The Dorsetshire.
(d) The Prinz Eugen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
2. From where had the last four men of the assassination team come?
3. Who continued his work in Copenhagen?
4. What plans were begun in August 1941?
5. Who seemed to have the greatest chance of being first to develop the atomic bomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
2. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
3. What was the purpose of operation JUBILEE and what did the Germans think was happening?
4. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
5. How did the BSC set up Hitler to believe that Heydrich's death was "in the stars"?
6. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
7. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
8. Discuss operation TORCH.
9. How were some large corporations in the United States helping the Nazi efforts at world domination?
10. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)