|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
(a) That the Americans wanted to concentrate on the Pacific arena.
(b) That Tobruk fell.
(c) That Stalin had met with German representatives.
(d) That the allies were still hoding Tobruk but rather tenuously.
2. What did Stevenson confiscate?
(a) About 90 percent of the money sent to Mexico.
(b) A plane used to illegally transport intelligence for the Nazis.
(c) Several million Dutch-marks in U. S. banks.
(d) A third of the money sent to Mexico.
3. When did Heydrich die?
(a) The night of the attack.
(b) A year later.
(c) One week after the attack.
(d) Several months later.
4. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
(a) That he was suspected of spy work for the Germans.
(b) That Roosevelt had fired him.
(c) That he agreed to coordinate all intelligence.
(d) That he was retiring due to illness.
5. Who was Aage?
(a) An agent who spirited Bohr out of Denmark.
(b) Bohr's son.
(c) Bohr's brother-in-law.
(d) Bohr's co-worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was skeptical of the plans for the North African invasion?
2. What were the Russians considering?
3. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
4. Who spotted the Bismarck off the French coast?
5. What else did the operation in question #133 do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the BSC plan to do about Heydrich and what is one of his most despicable duties?
2. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
3. What was the American involvement in the war at this point (May, 1941)?
4. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
5. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
6. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
7. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
8. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
9. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
10. Describe the assassination of Heydrich.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)