|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
(a) De Gaulle.
(c) No one.
2. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
(a) That Stalin had met with German representatives.
(b) That the Americans wanted to concentrate on the Pacific arena.
(c) That the allies were still hoding Tobruk but rather tenuously.
(d) That Tobruk fell.
3. What happened to the village of Lidice?
(a) It was spared since it tried to report the possible assassination.
(c) It was totally destroyed and its fields salted.
(d) It was burned to the ground.
4. What did CYNTHIA obtain from a former lover?
(a) The Russian naval ciphers.
(b) The Italian naval ciphers.
(c) The Polish naval ciphers.
(d) The codes for the new Enigma.
5. Who was Aage?
(a) Bohr's brother-in-law.
(b) Bohr's son.
(c) An agent who spirited Bohr out of Denmark.
(d) Bohr's co-worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
2. For what were the Russians pushing?
3. What did the men throw at Heydrich's car as it passed them?
4. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
5. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain who "TRICYCLE" was and his involvement with the United States.
2. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
3. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
4. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
5. At what did operation JUBILEE succeed?
6. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
7. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
8. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
9. What did the Brits do to even the research race for the atomic bomb?
10. What was the purpose of operation JUBILEE and what did the Germans think was happening?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)