|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was under the atomic research lab in Copenhagen?
(a) A heavy water cyclotron.
(b) An atom splitter.
(c) A huge fusion tunnel.
(d) A back-up record of all the research notes.
2. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
(a) Intelligence about the next thrust of Hitler's plan for Latin America.
(b) Two KGB agents who were working for the United States.
(c) Some of the money transferred to Mexico.
(d) Several exposed double agents.
3. Who was CYNTHIA?
(a) An agent in charge of radio communications in Bermuda.
(b) An agent recruited by the CIA.
(c) An agent working for the gestapo.
(d) An agent is recruited by the BSC
4. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
(a) The Manhattan Project.
(b) The double helix.
(c) The hydrogen bomb.
(d) Nothing; the Americans did not trust him.
5. What did the BSC work to keep from happening in Mexican ports?
(a) German ships resupplying there.
(b) Sale of munitions to Germany.
(c) Sale of munitions to Japan.
(d) Sabotage of U. S. naval vessels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
2. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
3. For what were the Russians pushing?
4. Why did the lab and experiments of the man in #157 grow?
5. To whom did Bohr give his important papers and tell to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
2. Briefly explain who "TRICYCLE" was and his involvement with the United States.
3. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
4. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
5. Describe the assassination of Heydrich.
6. How were some large corporations in the United States helping the Nazi efforts at world domination?
7. How did Stevenson stymie money laundering efforts by the Nazis in Mexico?
8. How did Stevenson head off Nazi support in Brazil?
9. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
10. What did J. Edgar Hoover get angry and how does Stevenson try to appease the man?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)