|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bohr refuse?
(a) To try to assassinate Hitler the next time Hitler visited.
(b) To turn over his research notes to scientists in the United States.
(c) To stop his work and move to England.
(d) To sabotage the plant.
2. What did the Americans learn the value of when the Bismarck was found and sunk?
(a) The Americans' help.
(b) Radio traffic analysis.
(c) Cooperation among allies.
(d) Using the Enigma machine.
3. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Sir Roger Donne.
(b) Arthur Pack.
4. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
(a) To to keep the ships from being turned over to the Germans.
(b) To form mines near the English channel.
(c) As a warning.
(d) In reprisal for a French betrayal of a spy mission.
5. With whom did Stevenson battle about U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries doing business with the Nazis?
(c) John L. Lewis.
(d) J. Edgar Hoover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson confiscate?
2. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
3. When did Hitler declare war on the United States?
4. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
5. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
2. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
3. Who did Bohr send out of Denmark with his notes and what happened?
4. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
5. What did the BSC plan to do about Heydrich and what is one of his most despicable duties?
6. Discuss operation TORCH.
7. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
8. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
9. Why did Bohr eventually leave Denmark and where does he go?
10. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)