|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
(b) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
(c) Men and women sent undercover.
(d) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
2. What was talked about to help the Brits?
(a) Selling war bonds to Americans for England.
(b) Giving wartime grants.
(c) Loaning war equipment.
(d) Raising a volunteer army to augment British forces.
3. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(b) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
(c) Sabotage the heavy water.
(d) Create a underground heavy water facility.
4. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Protecting intelligence.
(b) Recruiting members.
(c) Conducting a propaganda war.
(d) Keeping supply lines open.
5. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
(a) The netword of Island resistance.
(b) The Royal Navy underwater demolition teams.
(c) The British organization for guerrilla warfare against the Germans was already in place.
(d) The mine fields in the channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
2. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
3. Of what did Roosevelt have to convince Americans?
4. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
5. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Madeleine?
2. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
3. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
4. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
5. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
6. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
7. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
8. What did Stevenson learn from his network in Sweden?
9. Discuss Camp X.
10. What was the Phony War?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)