|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the network of amateur Swede code breakers intercept?
(a) Russia's intent to invade Finland.
(b) Germany's intent to cross the English channel.
(c) Finland's intent to give the British full access to their heavy water.
(d) Germany's intent to invade Poland.
2. What could Stevenson see as he inspected German factories?
(a) The Germans were obeying the terms of the treaty from WWI.
(b) The Germans were using what was basically slave labor.
(c) The Germans had advanced mechanical technology.
(d) The Germans were hiding weapons production.
3. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
(a) Stevenson wanted willing allies; not ones forced into the position.
(b) The declaration has to come from Congress.
(c) Roosevelt might balk and dig in his heels on staying out of the war.
(d) Stevenson was told not to get involved by the King.
4. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
(a) Sends misleading intelligence over lines known to be compromised.
(b) Tells Prince Regent Paul that Hitler would take his country first before Russia.
(c) Asks King Boris to delay the Germans passing through Bulgaria.
(d) Nothing could be done.
5. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(a) Radio communications.
(b) Veterinary medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
2. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
3. Why did the Roosevelt administration keep Joseph Kennedy in London for as long as possible?
4. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
5. Who was running all of German intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
2. What did Churchill appoint Stevenson to and out of where does he operate?
3. What was the Phony War?
4. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
5. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
6. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
7. How were reports sent out from Bermuda?
8. How did Stevenson and Donovan try to delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
9. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
10. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)