|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) The second-generation code breakers.
(b) The new Enigma.
(c) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
(d) The first-generation code breakers.
2. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
(a) A place to hold secret meetings with Eurpean heads of state.
(b) A place for developing various code machines.
(c) A training lab for spies.
(d) A clearinghouse for information.
3. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
(a) Swedish intelligence agents.
(b) French intelligence agents.
(c) American intelligence agents.
(d) Canadian intelligence agents.
4. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for China.
(b) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
(c) Hitler's plans for India.
(d) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
5. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Create a underground heavy water facility.
(b) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(c) Sabotage the heavy water.
(d) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
2. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
3. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
4. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
5. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
2. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
3. What did Heydrich try to accomplish by his party in New York City?
4. What did Churchill appoint Stevenson to and out of where does he operate?
5. How did William Stevenson get into the field of communications?
6. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
7. How were reports sent out from Bermuda?
8. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
9. Where did the King and Queen of England go and what did the King make clear?
10. What did Stevenson learn from his network in Sweden?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)