|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did Roosevelt have to convince Americans?
(a) To sacrifice personal comforts.
(b) To enlist voluntarily.
(c) To support England.
(d) To declare war on Japan.
2. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
(a) That Germany would be the focal point of the United States' war effort.
(b) That the United States would send several shiploads of supplies daily to England.
(c) That the United States would begin training many more covert operators.
(d) Stevenson got none of the concessions that he wanted.
3. What did ships from the United States to Lisbon receive when they stopped in Bermuda?
(a) The changes in the codes.
(b) Special antiaircraft weapons.
(c) Reports written in invisible ink.
(d) Retrofitting with spying equipment.
4. Why did the Roosevelt administration keep Joseph Kennedy in London for as long as possible?
(a) To encourage the British people that Americans would help them.
(b) To help the British intelligence.
(c) To keep him from campaigning against Roosevelt.
(d) There were no ships available to evacuate him and other Americans.
5. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
(b) German U-boats.
(c) Lack of qualified sea captains.
(d) Age of equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Colin Gubbins?
2. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
3. What was talked about to help the Brits?
4. What did the network of amateur Swede code breakers intercept?
5. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Phony War?
2. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
3. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
4. Give a few facts about William Stevenson.
5. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
6. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
7. Why did Ambassador Kennedy remain in London until Hitler began bombing the city?
8. Who was Madeleine?
9. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
10. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)