|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
(a) Rescuing Jews from Germany.
(b) Working on nuclear fusion.
(c) Radio operations in France.
(d) Codes and ciphers.
2. What did Stevenson establish in Bermuda?
(a) A top secret atomic bomb development center.
(b) An orphanage for the children whose parents are killed in air raids on London.
(c) A station similar to Bletchley.
(d) A place for him to relax sometimes.
3. What was Donovan investigating?
(a) Another leak in security.
(b) The locations of German munitions factories.
(c) The value of strengthening the British in the Mediterranean.
(d) The locations of Hitler's secret bunkers.
4. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(c) Washington, D. C.
(d) New York City.
5. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(b) Queen Wilhelmina.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
2. What routine were the people at Bletchley trying to figure out?
3. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
4. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
5. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ambassador Kennedy remain in London until Hitler began bombing the city?
2. What did Heydrich try to accomplish by his party in New York City?
3. How did Stevenson and Donovan try to delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
4. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
5. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
6. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
7. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
8. How was intelligence work in England and the United States developing during the time just before the outbreak of WWII?
9. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
10. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)