|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
(a) Secret meetings on uninhabited islands.
(b) Documents written in invisible ink.
(c) Radio via the Enigma.
2. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
(b) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(c) Sabotage the heavy water.
(d) Create a underground heavy water facility.
3. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
(a) The mine fields in the channel.
(b) The netword of Island resistance.
(c) The Royal Navy underwater demolition teams.
(d) The British organization for guerrilla warfare against the Germans was already in place.
4. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) In a prison camp in France.
(c) In the United States.
(d) In London.
5. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
(a) Heydrich's father-in-law.
(b) Hitler's brother-in-law.
(c) Heydrich's first cousin.
(d) Heydrich's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
2. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
3. What routine were the people at Bletchley trying to figure out?
4. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
5. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was intelligence work in England and the United States developing during the time just before the outbreak of WWII?
2. Describe the sinking of the Bismarck a few days later.
3. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
4. What did Stevenson believe about his and others' intelligence efforts. Give one example.
5. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
6. Where did the King and Queen of England go and what did the King make clear?
7. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
8. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
9. What did Churchill appoint Stevenson to and out of where does he operate?
10. How were some large corporations in the United States helping the Nazi efforts at world domination?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)