|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Stevenson see as he inspected German factories?
(a) The Germans had advanced mechanical technology.
(b) The Germans were hiding weapons production.
(c) The Germans were obeying the terms of the treaty from WWI.
(d) The Germans were using what was basically slave labor.
2. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
(a) A press conference by Donovan.
(b) Three German U-boats sunk in one day by the United States.
(c) The refusal of Portugal to come into the war on the side of the Nazis.
(d) A direct hit one of Dresden's most productive factories.
3. What did Roosevelt promise the King and Queen of England?
(a) Guns and airplanes.
(b) Financial aide.
(d) Assistance if England was attacked.
4. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
(b) Age of equipment.
(c) Lack of qualified sea captains.
(d) German U-boats.
5. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
(a) Espionage into the main office of German intelligence.
(b) A new atenna that picked up coded signals.
(c) A business deal between ITT and Germany.
(d) A spy in German intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
2. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
3. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
4. What was talked about to help the Brits?
5. What was the status of British finances at the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the BSC after Roosevelt died?
2. Who was Madeleine?
3. Briefly explain who "TRICYCLE" was and his involvement with the United States.
4. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
5. Discuss operation TORCH.
6. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
7. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
8. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
9. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
10. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)