Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
(a) Southern Russia.
(b) New Guinea.
2. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
(b) Arms and munitions.
3. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) British Arts Corporation.
(b) British Broadcasting Company.
(c) Canadian Wire Service.
(d) American Telephone and Telegraph.
4. Who overthrew Prince Regent Paul?
(a) Carl Mannerheim.
(c) General Francisco Franco.
(d) Antonio Salazar.
5. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
(a) White Christmas.
(c) Operation Snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
2. What was HYDRA?
3. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
4. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
5. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Germans retaliate for the death of Heydrich and what was the result of the Germans' actions?
2. What did the Russians want of the allies and what are the Russians considering?
3. What did the Brits do to even the research race for the atomic bomb?
4. Describe the problems that were occurring in the British and American intelligence communities after TORCH.
5. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
6. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
7. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
8. Briefly explain who "TRICYCLE" was and his involvement with the United States.
9. How were some large corporations in the United States helping the Nazi efforts at world domination?
10. What was the Phony War?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)