|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) Canadian Wire Service.
(b) British Arts Corporation.
(c) British Broadcasting Company.
(d) American Telephone and Telegraph.
2. What did Roosevelt promise the King and Queen of England?
(a) Assistance if England was attacked.
(b) Financial aide.
(c) Guns and airplanes.
3. What did the network of amateur Swede code breakers intercept?
(a) Germany's intent to cross the English channel.
(b) Russia's intent to invade Finland.
(c) Finland's intent to give the British full access to their heavy water.
(d) Germany's intent to invade Poland.
4. What did the British capture just before the invasion of Poland by Germany?
(a) A book of codes from WWI which were made more complex.
(b) An Enigma machine.
(c) One of Germany's top intelligence officers.
(d) A list of German spies in England.
5. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) The first-generation code breakers.
(b) The new Enigma.
(c) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
(d) The second-generation code breakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Donovan investigating?
2. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
3. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
4. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
5. What routine were the people at Bletchley trying to figure out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
2. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
3. How did Stevenson and Donovan try to delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
4. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
5. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
6. How did William Stevenson get into the field of communications?
7. Where did Bohr and his son, Aage, ultimately end up?
8. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
9. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
10. Discuss Camp X.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)