|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(d) Queen Wilhelmina.
2. What did the network of amateur Swede code breakers intercept?
(a) Germany's intent to cross the English channel.
(b) Germany's intent to invade Poland.
(c) Finland's intent to give the British full access to their heavy water.
(d) Russia's intent to invade Finland.
3. How long did the bombing of Belgrade delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 12 weeks.
4. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In a prison camp in France.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) In London.
5. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
(a) Tells Prince Regent Paul that Hitler would take his country first before Russia.
(b) Nothing could be done.
(c) Asks King Boris to delay the Germans passing through Bulgaria.
(d) Sends misleading intelligence over lines known to be compromised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the United States government say publicly about the war?
2. What did Stevenson want to use in breaking codes?
3. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
4. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
5. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
2. Describe the assassination of Heydrich.
3. What was the Phony War?
4. Discuss Camp X.
5. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
6. What countries were trying to develop the atomic bomb and which country had the advantage?
7. What did the narrator write about the Vichy French?
8. How did Stevenson head off Nazi support in Brazil?
9. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
10. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)