|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Passport control officer.
2. What was talked about to help the Brits?
(a) Raising a volunteer army to augment British forces.
(b) Giving wartime grants.
(c) Loaning war equipment.
(d) Selling war bonds to Americans for England.
3. Who was running all of German intelligence?
(b) Von Braun.
4. Who was Colin Gubbins?
(a) The Polish labor leader.
(b) A Canadian who cracked the Enigma machine.
(c) A close advisor of King George V.
(d) The head of the Baker Street Irregulars.
5. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
2. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
3. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
4. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
5. Who were the "trappers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Heydrich try to accomplish by his party in New York City?
2. Who was Madeleine?
3. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
4. How did William Stevenson get into the field of communications?
5. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
6. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
7. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
8. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
9. What did Stevenson learn from his network in Sweden?
10. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)