|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the bombing of Belgrade delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
(a) The head of the CIA.
(b) The commander of the Asian forces in the Philippines.
(c) The head of Canadian intelligence.
(d) He was to Roosevelt what Stevenson was to Churchill.
3. What were the Americans doing in the field of codes?
(a) Working on a unbreakable code.
(b) Trying to break Japanese code.
(c) Trying to teach the Navajo codes.
(d) Changing the nature of ciphers.
4. What did the network of amateur Swede code breakers intercept?
(a) Germany's intent to cross the English channel.
(b) Finland's intent to give the British full access to their heavy water.
(c) Germany's intent to invade Poland.
(d) Russia's intent to invade Finland.
5. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
(b) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
(c) Hitler's plans for China.
(d) Hitler's plans for India.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was William Stevenson born?
2. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
3. Who was running all of German intelligence?
4. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
5. Who overthrew Prince Regent Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was intelligence work in England and the United States developing during the time just before the outbreak of WWII?
2. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
3. How did William Stevenson get into the field of communications?
4. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
5. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
6. What was the Phony War?
7. Who was Madeleine?
8. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
9. Discuss Camp X.
10. What did Heydrich try to accomplish by his party in New York City?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)