|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
(a) He was afraid of the Americans rebelling.
(b) He vacillated about where he stood on the issue.
(c) He was afraid of assassination by German agents.
(d) He was running for re-election.
2. Where was Roosevelt vacationing at the opening of Chapter 26?
(a) The Pacific Northwest.
(b) The Caribbean.
3. What was HYDRA?
(a) A satellite.
(b) A type of amphibious boat.
(c) A transmitter.
(d) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
4. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(b) Queen Wilhelmina.
5. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
(a) Tells Prince Regent Paul that Hitler would take his country first before Russia.
(b) Sends misleading intelligence over lines known to be compromised.
(c) Nothing could be done.
(d) Asks King Boris to delay the Germans passing through Bulgaria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
2. Who was Colin Gubbins?
3. What was developed in 1924?
4. What routine were the people at Bletchley trying to figure out?
5. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the BSC after Roosevelt died?
2. Who was Madeleine?
3. How was intelligence work in England and the United States developing during the time just before the outbreak of WWII?
4. What was the purpose of operation JUBILEE and what did the Germans think was happening?
5. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
6. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
7. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
8. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
9. What did Stevenson write about concerning Germany and how does he have access to the German communication network?
10. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)