|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the status of British finances at the time?
(a) Close to bankrupt.
(b) Far worse than bankrupt.
(c) Recently boosted by a war bond drive.
(d) Augmented by countries unwillingly under German control.
2. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
(a) Espionage into the main office of German intelligence.
(b) A business deal between ITT and Germany.
(c) A spy in German intelligence.
(d) A new atenna that picked up coded signals.
3. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
(b) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
(c) Hitler's plans for India.
(d) Hitler's plans for China.
4. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
(a) That the United States would send several shiploads of supplies daily to England.
(b) That Germany would be the focal point of the United States' war effort.
(c) Stevenson got none of the concessions that he wanted.
(d) That the United States would begin training many more covert operators.
5. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(b) Queen Wilhelmina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
2. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
3. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
4. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
5. Who was running all of German intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
2. What did Stevenson learn from his network in Sweden?
3. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
4. How did Stevenson and Donovan try to delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
5. Discuss Camp X.
6. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
7. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
8. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
9. How were reports sent out from Bermuda?
10. What did Stevenson write about concerning Germany and how does he have access to the German communication network?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)