|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did ships from the United States to Lisbon receive when they stopped in Bermuda?
(a) Reports written in invisible ink.
(b) The changes in the codes.
(c) Retrofitting with spying equipment.
(d) Special antiaircraft weapons.
2. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
(a) Asks King Boris to delay the Germans passing through Bulgaria.
(b) Nothing could be done.
(c) Sends misleading intelligence over lines known to be compromised.
(d) Tells Prince Regent Paul that Hitler would take his country first before Russia.
3. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
(b) Men and women sent undercover.
(c) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
(d) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
4. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
(b) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
(c) They did warn them.
(d) To confuse the Germans.
5. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
(a) Ion Antonescu.
(c) King Haakon VII.
(d) Paul Reynaud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
2. Who overthrew Prince Regent Paul?
3. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
4. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
5. What was developed in 1924?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
2. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
3. What did Stevenson write about concerning Germany and how does he have access to the German communication network?
4. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
5. What was the Phony War?
6. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
7. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
8. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
9. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
10. How was intelligence work in England and the United States developing during the time just before the outbreak of WWII?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)