|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) Canadian Wire Service.
(b) American Telephone and Telegraph.
(c) British Arts Corporation.
(d) British Broadcasting Company.
2. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
(a) Codes and ciphers.
(b) Working on nuclear fusion.
(c) Rescuing Jews from Germany.
(d) Radio operations in France.
3. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
4. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
(a) He was afraid of assassination by German agents.
(b) He was running for re-election.
(c) He vacillated about where he stood on the issue.
(d) He was afraid of the Americans rebelling.
5. Why did Hitler fail to crush the British troops in France?
(a) Too many resistance fighters sabotaging the efforts.
(b) Poor equipment.
(c) Supply lines were cut off.
(d) Because of Bletchely correctly analyzing and anticipating German plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
2. What was Stevenson working on to aid in code breaking?
3. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
4. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
5. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Phony War?
2. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
3. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
4. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
5. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
6. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
7. Give a few facts about William Stevenson.
8. Who was Madeleine?
9. What did Heydrich try to accomplish by his party in New York City?
10. What did Stevenson write about concerning Germany and how does he have access to the German communication network?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)