|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
(a) Paul Reynaud.
(b) Ion Antonescu.
(d) King Haakon VII.
2. What was Stevenson working on to aid in code breaking?
(a) Nothing at the moment since the Enigma has been mastered.
(b) Intricate puzzles.
(c) Electronic computers.
(d) Random drums.
3. Who was protecting British supply ships in the Mediterranean?
(a) The British Royal Navy.
(b) The Australian Navy.
(c) The United States Navy.
(d) A combined force of New Zealand, Australia and Scotland.
4. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
(d) Arms and munitions.
5. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
(a) The head of Canadian intelligence.
(b) The commander of the Asian forces in the Philippines.
(c) He was to Roosevelt what Stevenson was to Churchill.
(d) The head of the CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
2. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
3. What was HYDRA?
4. What did the United States government say publicly about the war?
5. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
2. What did Churchill appoint Stevenson to and out of where does he operate?
3. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
4. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
5. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
6. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
7. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
8. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
9. Give a few facts about William Stevenson.
10. What did Stevenson learn from his network in Sweden?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)