|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
(a) Espionage into the main office of German intelligence.
(b) A new atenna that picked up coded signals.
(c) A business deal between ITT and Germany.
(d) A spy in German intelligence.
2. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
(b) The things Roosevelt said about the Brits in private.
(c) Why Roosevelt is re-elected which is due to covert work by British intelligence.
(d) The extent of their agreements.
3. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
(b) Operation Snow.
(d) White Christmas.
4. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
(b) The new Enigma.
(c) The first-generation code breakers.
(d) The second-generation code breakers.
5. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(b) Radio communications.
(c) Veterinary medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
2. Where was William Stevenson born?
3. What did Roosevelt promise the King and Queen of England?
4. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
5. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
2. How was intelligence work in England and the United States developing during the time just before the outbreak of WWII?
3. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
4. Discuss Camp X.
5. What did Heydrich try to accomplish by his party in New York City?
6. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
7. What was the Phony War?
8. Why did Ambassador Kennedy remain in London until Hitler began bombing the city?
9. How did William Stevenson get into the field of communications?
10. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)