|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was HYDRA?
(a) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
(b) A transmitter.
(c) A type of amphibious boat.
(d) A satellite.
2. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) They did warn them.
(b) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
(c) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
(d) To confuse the Germans.
3. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
(a) Three German U-boats sunk in one day by the United States.
(b) The refusal of Portugal to come into the war on the side of the Nazis.
(c) A direct hit one of Dresden's most productive factories.
(d) A press conference by Donovan.
4. Who traveled to London to meet with the King?
(a) Joseph Kennedy.
(c) Bill Donovan.
5. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
(a) He vacillated about where he stood on the issue.
(b) He was running for re-election.
(c) He was afraid of the Americans rebelling.
(d) He was afraid of assassination by German agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
2. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
3. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
4. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
5. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
2. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
3. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
4. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
5. Where did the King and Queen of England go and what did the King make clear?
6. What was the Phony War?
7. What did Stevenson write about concerning Germany and how does he have access to the German communication network?
8. What did Heydrich try to accomplish by his party in New York City?
9. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
10. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)