|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did ships from the United States to Lisbon receive when they stopped in Bermuda?
(a) Special antiaircraft weapons.
(b) Reports written in invisible ink.
(c) Retrofitting with spying equipment.
(d) The changes in the codes.
2. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Autopiloted bombers.
(b) Early warning systems.
(c) Radio-controlled satellites.
(d) Autopiloted missles.
3. What was talked about to help the Brits?
(a) Selling war bonds to Americans for England.
(b) Giving wartime grants.
(c) Raising a volunteer army to augment British forces.
(d) Loaning war equipment.
4. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
(a) FBI and British Intelligence.
(b) British Intelligence and French underground.
(c) FBI and Canadian Intelligence.
(d) British Intelligence and CIA.
5. Where was Roosevelt vacationing at the opening of Chapter 26?
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) The Pacific Northwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
2. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
3. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
4. What did Stevenson watch England do?
5. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
2. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
3. How did William Stevenson get into the field of communications?
4. How were reports sent out from Bermuda?
5. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
6. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
7. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
8. What was the Phony War?
9. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
10. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)