|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was talked about to help the Brits?
(a) Giving wartime grants.
(b) Selling war bonds to Americans for England.
(c) Raising a volunteer army to augment British forces.
(d) Loaning war equipment.
2. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(c) Washington, D. C.
(d) New York City.
3. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
(a) The Netherlands.
(c) The United States.
4. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
(b) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
(c) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
(d) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
5. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
(a) Three German U-boats sunk in one day by the United States.
(b) A direct hit one of Dresden's most productive factories.
(c) The refusal of Portugal to come into the war on the side of the Nazis.
(d) A press conference by Donovan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the United States government say publicly about the war?
2. Where did Ian Fleming train?
3. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
4. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
5. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Phony War?
2. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
3. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
4. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
5. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
6. Why did Ambassador Kennedy remain in London until Hitler began bombing the city?
7. Who was Madeleine?
8. How were reports sent out from Bermuda?
9. How did Stevenson and Donovan try to delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
10. What did Churchill appoint Stevenson to and out of where does he operate?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)