|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the British capture just before the invasion of Poland by Germany?
(a) One of Germany's top intelligence officers.
(b) An Enigma machine.
(c) A list of German spies in England.
(d) A book of codes from WWI which were made more complex.
2. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Radio-controlled satellites.
(b) Early warning systems.
(c) Autopiloted bombers.
(d) Autopiloted missles.
3. What could Stevenson see as he inspected German factories?
(a) The Germans were hiding weapons production.
(b) The Germans were obeying the terms of the treaty from WWI.
(c) The Germans had advanced mechanical technology.
(d) The Germans were using what was basically slave labor.
4. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
(d) Arms and munitions.
5. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
(b) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
(c) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
(d) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
2. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
3. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
4. What was talked about to help the Brits?
5. Who was running all of German intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
2. Give a few facts about William Stevenson.
3. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
4. What did Stevenson learn from his network in Sweden?
5. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
6. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
7. What efforts were being made in the field of intelligence and codes among countries that would eventually be at war?
8. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
9. How did Donovan become more involved with Stevenson's work?
10. What was the Phony War?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)