|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
2. What was Donovan investigating?
(a) The locations of German munitions factories.
(b) Another leak in security.
(c) The locations of Hitler's secret bunkers.
(d) The value of strengthening the British in the Mediterranean.
3. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
(a) Radio via the Enigma.
(b) Documents written in invisible ink.
(d) Secret meetings on uninhabited islands.
4. What was HYDRA?
(a) A satellite.
(b) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
(c) A type of amphibious boat.
(d) A transmitter.
5. What did ships from the United States to Lisbon receive when they stopped in Bermuda?
(a) Special antiaircraft weapons.
(b) The changes in the codes.
(c) Reports written in invisible ink.
(d) Retrofitting with spying equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
2. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
3. Who was protecting British supply ships in the Mediterranean?
4. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
5. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Camp X.
2. What was the Phony War?
3. What was happening At Bletchley with the Enigma?
4. How did William Stevenson get into the field of communications?
5. How was it evident that the United States was headed for war?
6. What did Churchill appoint Stevenson to and out of where does he operate?
7. Give a few facts about William Stevenson.
8. What did Roosevelt realize about Germany and its system of codes?
9. What was the problem with the sea lanes and what is done?
10. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)