|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
(a) Operation Snow.
(d) White Christmas.
2. Who was protecting British supply ships in the Mediterranean?
(a) The United States Navy.
(b) The British Royal Navy.
(c) A combined force of New Zealand, Australia and Scotland.
(d) The Australian Navy.
3. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) American Telephone and Telegraph.
(b) Canadian Wire Service.
(c) British Arts Corporation.
(d) British Broadcasting Company.
4. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Men and women sent undercover.
(b) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
(c) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
(d) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
5. What did Roosevelt promise the King and Queen of England?
(a) Guns and airplanes.
(b) Financial aide.
(d) Assistance if England was attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
2. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
3. What did Stevenson establish in Bermuda?
4. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
5. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ambassador Kennedy remain in London until Hitler began bombing the city?
2. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
3. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
4. What sent Hitler into a rage; what does he do, and what is the result of Hitler's actions?
5. What did Stevenson want of Roosevelt, and why was Roosevelt dragging his feet?
6. What did Stevenson write about concerning Germany and how does he have access to the German communication network?
7. What did Stevenson notice about Germany during his inspections?
8. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
9. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
10. What was the Phony War?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)