|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(a) Mein Kamf.
(d) Mein Weide Menchen.
2. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
(a) Paul Reynaud.
(b) King Haakon VII.
(c) Ion Antonescu.
3. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
4. Who was William Wiseman?
(a) The head of the CIA's covert operations branch in the 1950s.
(b) Stevenson's best friend.
(c) The chief of British Secret Intelligence Service in Washington, D. C.
(d) A spy for Britian in France during WWII.
5. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(a) Radio communications.
(d) Veterinary medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
2. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
3. What did Stevenson want to use in breaking codes?
4. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
5. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Donovan favor to help Britain out with its financial woes?
2. What did Stevenson learn from his network in Sweden?
3. Who did the Allies want to get out of Denmark and why?
4. What was the purpose of operation JUBILEE and what did the Germans think was happening?
5. What did CYNTHIA discuss with CaptaiN Brousse and what does Stevenson decide to do in connection with what CYNTHIA learns?
6. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
7. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
8. Who was Niels Bohr and why are the British interested in him?
9. Who did Bohr send out of Denmark with his notes and what happened?
10. Describe how the Bismarck was encountered in Norwegian waters by the Hood.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)