|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the British capture just before the invasion of Poland by Germany?
(a) An Enigma machine.
(b) A list of German spies in England.
(c) A book of codes from WWI which were made more complex.
(d) One of Germany's top intelligence officers.
2. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
(a) For analysis.
(b) To fool the Germans.
(c) So it wouldn't be captured by the Germans.
(d) To convince the Americans to join the war effort.
3. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) The second-generation code breakers.
(b) The first-generation code breakers.
(c) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
(d) The new Enigma.
4. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
(a) King Haakon VII.
(c) Paul Reynaud.
(d) Ion Antonescu.
5. Who was running all of German intelligence?
(c) Von Braun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
2. Who was Colin Gubbins?
3. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
4. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
5. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What began on July 10,1940, and how does Britain respond?
2. Why did the Brits decide not to destroy Bohr's lab but to attack Gestapo headquarters?
3. Describe the growth of the Intrepid network into Bermuda.
4. What did Churchill appoint Stevenson to and out of where does he operate?
5. What were Stevenson and Donovan doing just before Hitler's invasion of Russia?
6. Describe how the Bismarck was encountered in Norwegian waters by the Hood.
7. What was taking place in Germany in the early 1920s and how does that influence Stevenson?
8. Describe the trials of trying to obtain the French naval ciphers.
9. What sent Hitler into a rage; what does he do, and what is the result of Hitler's actions?
10. Who was CYNTHIA?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)