|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was J. Edgar Hoover angry?
(a) At Bill Donovan's appointment.
(b) Because Roosevelt left him out of some important planning sessions.
(c) Because the United States is willing to ally with communist Russia.
(d) Because Roosevelt makes him hire several of Donovan's cronies.
2. Who was Aage?
(a) Bohr's co-worker.
(b) Bohr's brother-in-law.
(c) Bohr's son.
(d) An agent who spirited Bohr out of Denmark.
3. Through whom did the United States pass arms to the British?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Canadians.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Australians.
4. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
(b) In the assembly building.
(c) At a hair pin curve.
(d) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
5. What did Hoover not find credible?
(b) SUGAR DADDY.
6. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
(a) The Queen Victoria.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Essex.
(d) The Bismarck.
7. What was the SWALLOW team?
(a) A team designed to fly in to perform covert operations in Russia.
(b) The special ops team in the Pacific arena.
(c) A back-up team to Cheese.
(d) A team to fly in to perform covert operations in France.
8. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) Foreged letters and documents.
(b) A red herring.
(c) Several anonymous phone calls.
(d) A video.
9. What did CYNTHIA obtain from a former lover?
(a) The Polish naval ciphers.
(b) The codes for the new Enigma.
(c) The Russian naval ciphers.
(d) The Italian naval ciphers.
10. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
(a) Insist on his best ten agents monitoring the Russians in Europe.
(b) Causes problems for the BSC.
(c) Insist upon being present at all future meetings.
(d) Fire the men that he was forced to hire.
11. Who did Roosevelt send to Britain?
(a) General Eisenhower.
(b) American advisors.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
12. When did Heydrich die?
(a) Several months later.
(b) One week after the attack.
(c) The night of the attack.
(d) A year later.
13. What operation succeeded in deceiving the enemy?
14. Who did the British and Americans want to get out of Denmark?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(c) Van Braun.
15. Who spotted the Bismarck off the French coast?
(a) An American plane on loan to the British.
(b) A British fighter plane.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) A French resistance worker who calls it in over Stevenson's network.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the British warships forming a trap for?
2. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
3. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
4. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
5. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)