|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the German radar?
2. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
(a) The Essex.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Queen Victoria.
(d) The Bismarck.
3. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
(a) The fall of many major German operatives in France.
(b) It makes operation TORCH possible.
(c) The fall of many major German operatives in the United States.
(d) The fall of many major German operatives in England.
4. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(b) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(c) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
(d) The Polish Prince.
5. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
(a) Engaging in espionage especially about the plans for the atomic bomb.
(b) Consolidating the interests of their industrial concerns.
(c) Buying land in remote areas.
(d) Establishing a spy network.
6. What did Hoover not find credible?
(b) SUGAR DADDY.
7. What helped make the D-Day invasion easier for Allied bombers?
(a) Hitler's concentration on the Russian front.
(b) A new type of scatter bomb.
(c) A new type of guided rocket.
(d) The theft of equipment at the radar station.
8. Who was Aage?
(a) Bohr's brother-in-law.
(b) Bohr's son.
(c) An agent who spirited Bohr out of Denmark.
(d) Bohr's co-worker.
9. Who was left in Sweden after Bohr flew to England?
(a) Bohr's wife and children.
(b) No one.
(d) Von Braun.
10. How were German U-boats located?
(a) By a machine called an oscilloscope.
(b) Using HF/DF (HuffDuff).
(c) By dropping depth charges.
(d) By overflight of planes.
11. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) Foreged letters and documents.
(b) A red herring.
(c) A video.
(d) Several anonymous phone calls.
12. Who had a relationship with I. B. Farben?
(a) Giant Oil.
(b) British Petroleum.
(c) Shell Oil.
(d) Standard Oil.
13. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
(a) No one.
(b) De Gaulle.
14. How long did the Germans believe it would take them to conquer Russia?
(a) No more than a year.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 36 weeks.
(d) 20 weeks.
15. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
(a) In reprisal for a French betrayal of a spy mission.
(b) To to keep the ships from being turned over to the Germans.
(c) To form mines near the English channel.
(d) As a warning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Russians considering?
2. Why did the papers not arrive?
3. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
4. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
5. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)