|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
(a) Unmanned missles.
(b) Bombs dropped by B-52s.
(d) Internal sabotage by Norwegians who worked there.
2. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
(a) De Gaulle.
(c) No one.
3. What was the code name for the invasion of French North Africa?
4. Who did Roosevelt decide to recognize?
(b) The exiled Swedish government.
(d) The Vichy French.
5. Who was left in Sweden after Bohr flew to England?
(a) Von Braun.
(b) No one.
(c) Bohr's wife and children.
6. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
(a) The Hood.
(b) The Prinz Eugen.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The Dorsetshire.
7. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
(a) Round up the Danish royal family.
(b) Round up Jews.
(c) Ship Danes to work as virtual slaves on missle projects.
(d) Conscript Danish men.
8. What did Bohr refuse?
(a) To sabotage the plant.
(b) To try to assassinate Hitler the next time Hitler visited.
(c) To turn over his research notes to scientists in the United States.
(d) To stop his work and move to England.
9. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
(a) August 18, 1944.
(b) August 18, 1942.
(c) January 11, 1943.
(d) December 12, 1942.
10. What operation succeeded in deceiving the enemy?
11. Why did the lab and experiments of the man in #157 grow?
(a) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fission.
(b) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fusion.
(c) He was Hitler's brother-in-law and received special treatment.
(d) He had unlimited funding from Hitler.
12. What was captured in the St. Lawrence in December 1941?
(a) Two Islands.
(b) The Russian chief of staff.
(c) The Swedish head of intelligence.
(d) The Polish crown prince.
13. Who spotted the Bismarck off the French coast?
(a) An American plane on loan to the British.
(b) A French resistance worker who calls it in over Stevenson's network.
(c) A British fighter plane.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
14. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
(a) Insist upon being present at all future meetings.
(b) Fire the men that he was forced to hire.
(c) Causes problems for the BSC.
(d) Insist on his best ten agents monitoring the Russians in Europe.
15. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(b) Sir Roger Donne.
(d) Arthur Pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the French have gold hidden?
2. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
3. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
4. How were German U-boats located?
5. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)