|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hoover not find credible?
(c) SUGAR DADDY.
2. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
(a) In holes bored in two keys.
(b) Via an Enigma drum.
(c) By a radio-encrypted signal.
(d) Through an agent who parachuted in.
3. What enabled the the invasion fleet for North Africa pass through the Straights of Gibraltar?
(a) The fake invasion at Brest.
(b) Continuous bombing of the German forces in the area.
(c) A nighttime passage.
(d) Misinformation that sent the Germans towards Dakar.
4. What operation succeeded in deceiving the enemy?
5. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
(a) The exiled Swedish crown.
(b) None of the other countires.
(c) The exiled Dutch crown.
(d) The Vichy French.
6. Who was supposed to force a wedge between BSC and the OSS?
7. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) In the assembly building.
(b) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
(c) At a hair pin curve.
(d) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
8. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
(a) De Gaulle.
(b) No one.
9. Who was Aage?
(a) Bohr's co-worker.
(b) An agent who spirited Bohr out of Denmark.
(c) Bohr's son.
(d) Bohr's brother-in-law.
10. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
(a) The fall of many major German operatives in the United States.
(b) It makes operation TORCH possible.
(c) The fall of many major German operatives in France.
(d) The fall of many major German operatives in England.
11. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
(a) Unmanned missles.
(c) Internal sabotage by Norwegians who worked there.
(d) Bombs dropped by B-52s.
12. What did Bohr refuse?
(a) To stop his work and move to England.
(b) To sabotage the plant.
(c) To turn over his research notes to scientists in the United States.
(d) To try to assassinate Hitler the next time Hitler visited.
13. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
(a) As a warning.
(b) In reprisal for a French betrayal of a spy mission.
(c) To to keep the ships from being turned over to the Germans.
(d) To form mines near the English channel.
14. What helped make the D-Day invasion easier for Allied bombers?
(a) Hitler's concentration on the Russian front.
(b) A new type of guided rocket.
(c) A new type of scatter bomb.
(d) The theft of equipment at the radar station.
15. Who was Cheese?
(a) The agent who was to sabotage the munitions factory in Dresden.
(b) The agent who was to sabotage the Soviet vessel Mein Kampf.
(c) A code name for an operation to steal the German's atomic bomb plans.
(d) The agent who was to sabotage the Norsk Hydro plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was transferring large sums of money to Mexico?
2. For what were the Russians pushing?
3. What was the code name for the invasion of French North Africa?
4. Who did the British and Americans want to get out of Denmark?
5. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)