|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hitler declare war on the United States?
(a) January 11, 1942.
(b) December 7, 1941.
(c) January 7, 1942.
(d) December 11, 1941.
2. Where did the French have gold hidden?
(a) At a fort on Martinique.
(b) At a fort on Gibraltar.
(c) In the West Indies.
(d) In Brazil.
3. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
(a) The fall of many major German operatives in France.
(b) The fall of many major German operatives in England.
(c) The fall of many major German operatives in the United States.
(d) It makes operation TORCH possible.
4. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
(b) In the assembly building.
(c) At a hair pin curve.
(d) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
5. What plans were begun in August 1941?
(a) For the assassination of Von Braun.
(b) For the assassination of Hitler.
(c) For the assassination of Heydirch.
(d) For the assassination of Roosevelt
6. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
(a) Counterfeit currency.
(b) Stolen money.
(c) Money intended for the local populace.
(d) Laundered money.
7. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
(a) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three months.
8. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
(a) The Prinz Eugen.
(b) The Dorsetshire.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The Hood.
9. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
(a) By a radio-encrypted signal.
(b) Via an Enigma drum.
(c) In holes bored in two keys.
(d) Through an agent who parachuted in.
10. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Queen Victoria.
(c) The Bismarck.
(d) The Essex.
11. What did the BSC work to keep from happening in Mexican ports?
(a) Sabotage of U. S. naval vessels.
(b) Sale of munitions to Japan.
(c) German ships resupplying there.
(d) Sale of munitions to Germany.
12. How did the Germans retaliate for Heydrich's death?
(a) Bombed Bilovec until it was all rubble.
(b) Setting fire to the crops.
(c) Killing 100 Czechs every evening.
(d) Ordering a dusk to dawn curfew.
13. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
(a) Julius Rosenberg.
(b) Kim Philby.
(d) George Greenglass.
14. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
(a) To to keep the ships from being turned over to the Germans.
(b) To form mines near the English channel.
(c) In reprisal for a French betrayal of a spy mission.
(d) As a warning.
15. What did the Allies think they had failed to do?
(a) Convince Stalin to remain at war with Hitler.
(b) Break a code concerning D-day.
(c) Assassinate Heydrich.
(d) Destroy the Norsk Hydro plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continued his work in Copenhagen?
2. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
3. Why did the papers not arrive?
4. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
5. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)