|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Cheese?
(a) The agent who was to sabotage the munitions factory in Dresden.
(b) The agent who was to sabotage the Soviet vessel Mein Kampf.
(c) A code name for an operation to steal the German's atomic bomb plans.
(d) The agent who was to sabotage the Norsk Hydro plant.
2. What did Stevenson confiscate?
(a) A plane used to illegally transport intelligence for the Nazis.
(b) Several million Dutch-marks in U. S. banks.
(c) A third of the money sent to Mexico.
(d) About 90 percent of the money sent to Mexico.
3. What did Hoover not find credible?
(c) SUGAR DADDY.
4. What correspondence was CYNTHIA asked to obtain?
(a) Between Stalin and Hitler.
(b) Between Hitler and Mussolini.
(c) Between Austria and Germany.
(d) Between the Vichy French and Europe.
5. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
(a) Causes problems for the BSC.
(b) Insist upon being present at all future meetings.
(c) Insist on his best ten agents monitoring the Russians in Europe.
(d) Fire the men that he was forced to hire.
6. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
(a) A lack of personnel to process the request.
(b) A downed radio station.
(c) Misinterpreted codes.
(d) Communist sympathizers.
7. When did Heydrich die?
(a) A year later.
(b) Several months later.
(c) One week after the attack.
(d) The night of the attack.
8. What enabled the the invasion fleet for North Africa pass through the Straights of Gibraltar?
(a) Continuous bombing of the German forces in the area.
(b) Misinformation that sent the Germans towards Dakar.
(c) The fake invasion at Brest.
(d) A nighttime passage.
9. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) Several anonymous phone calls.
(b) Foreged letters and documents.
(c) A video.
(d) A red herring.
10. What operation succeeded in deceiving the enemy?
11. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Sir Roger Donne.
(d) Arthur Pack.
12. What did Bohr refuse?
(a) To sabotage the plant.
(b) To turn over his research notes to scientists in the United States.
(c) To try to assassinate Hitler the next time Hitler visited.
(d) To stop his work and move to England.
13. Who had a relationship with I. B. Farben?
(a) Giant Oil.
(b) Standard Oil.
(c) Shell Oil.
(d) British Petroleum.
14. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
(a) No one; it was destroyed.
(c) The heavy water plant was located in Copenhagen.
(d) The allies.
15. What did the men throw at Heydrich's car as it passed them?
(a) Flowers to confuse him.
(b) A letter with an ultimatum.
(d) A grenade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
2. When did the relations between British and American intelligence become strained?
3. What was the SWALLOW team?
4. Who continued his work in Copenhagen?
5. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)