|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was CYNTHIA?
(a) An agent working for the gestapo.
(b) An agent recruited by the CIA.
(c) An agent is recruited by the BSC
(d) An agent in charge of radio communications in Bermuda.
2. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
(a) By a radio-encrypted signal.
(b) In holes bored in two keys.
(c) Through an agent who parachuted in.
(d) Via an Enigma drum.
3. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
4. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
(a) The hydrogen bomb.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) Nothing; the Americans did not trust him.
(d) The double helix.
5. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
(a) The code name for a Yugoslave named Dusko Popov.
(b) The name of an agent in Russia.
(c) A program designed to track the German bombers.
(d) The code name for the new coding machine.
6. What did the men throw at Heydrich's car as it passed them?
(a) A grenade.
(b) Flowers to confuse him.
(d) A letter with an ultimatum.
7. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(b) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
(c) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(d) The Polish Prince.
8. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
(a) Two KGB agents who were working for the United States.
(b) Intelligence about the next thrust of Hitler's plan for Latin America.
(c) Some of the money transferred to Mexico.
(d) Several exposed double agents.
9. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
(a) The Queen Victoria.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Essex.
(d) The Bismarck.
10. Who was transferring large sums of money to Mexico?
(a) Italian diplomats.
(d) Russian KGB agents.
11. Who was Cheese?
(a) The agent who was to sabotage the Soviet vessel Mein Kampf.
(b) A code name for an operation to steal the German's atomic bomb plans.
(c) The agent who was to sabotage the Norsk Hydro plant.
(d) The agent who was to sabotage the munitions factory in Dresden.
12. What did the German's revenge spark?
(a) Russia joining the allies.
(c) The resistance movement.
(d) Several more European countries to join the allies.
13. Why was J. Edgar Hoover angry?
(a) Because the United States is willing to ally with communist Russia.
(b) At Bill Donovan's appointment.
(c) Because Roosevelt makes him hire several of Donovan's cronies.
(d) Because Roosevelt left him out of some important planning sessions.
14. What correspondence was CYNTHIA asked to obtain?
(a) Between the Vichy French and Europe.
(b) Between Hitler and Mussolini.
(c) Between Stalin and Hitler.
(d) Between Austria and Germany.
15. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
(a) Establishing a spy network.
(b) Engaging in espionage especially about the plans for the atomic bomb.
(c) Consolidating the interests of their industrial concerns.
(d) Buying land in remote areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Germans retaliate for Heydrich's death?
2. What did Hoover not find credible?
3. Who continued his work in Copenhagen?
4. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
5. What was Brazil being used as by the Nazis?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)