|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
(a) The exiled Dutch crown.
(b) The exiled Swedish crown.
(c) The Vichy French.
(d) None of the other countires.
2. What were the British warships forming a trap for?
(a) The Prinz Eugen.
(b) The Hannover.
(c) The Bismarck.
(d) The Pommern.
3. For what were the Russians pushing?
(a) Conceding Poland and Hungary.
(b) Opening a third front.
(c) An atomic bomb on Berlin.
(d) Opening a second front.
4. Who was skeptical of the plans for the North African invasion?
5. What was Brazil being used as by the Nazis?
(a) Nothing because Brazil was unwilling to cooperate.
(b) A base against the United States.
(c) A place to secret stolen valuables.
(d) A hostage nation.
6. Why was J. Edgar Hoover angry?
(a) Because Roosevelt makes him hire several of Donovan's cronies.
(b) Because Roosevelt left him out of some important planning sessions.
(c) Because the United States is willing to ally with communist Russia.
(d) At Bill Donovan's appointment.
7. What operation succeeded in deceiving the enemy?
8. What did Hitler use to make decisions?
(a) I Ching.
(c) Tea Leaves.
(d) A conference of his four most trusted advisors.
9. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
(b) No one.
(d) De Gaulle.
10. What helped make the D-Day invasion easier for Allied bombers?
(a) A new type of scatter bomb.
(b) A new type of guided rocket.
(c) Hitler's concentration on the Russian front.
(d) The theft of equipment at the radar station.
11. How did the Germans retaliate for Heydrich's death?
(a) Setting fire to the crops.
(b) Bombed Bilovec until it was all rubble.
(c) Ordering a dusk to dawn curfew.
(d) Killing 100 Czechs every evening.
12. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
(a) Money intended for the local populace.
(b) Counterfeit currency.
(c) Laundered money.
(d) Stolen money.
13. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
(a) Taking all the young Aryan-type children and sending them to Germany for adoption.
(b) Trying to win over the peasants.
(c) Mass murder of many people.
(d) An atomic bomb to totally destroy the land.
14. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
(b) In the assembly building.
(c) At a hair pin curve.
(d) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
15. When did Heydrich die?
(a) Several months later.
(b) A year later.
(c) The night of the attack.
(d) One week after the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was left in Sweden after Bohr flew to England?
2. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
3. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
4. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
5. Who had a relationship with I. B. Farben?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)