|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
(a) The Essex.
(b) The Queen Victoria.
(c) The Bismarck.
(d) The Eagle.
2. With whom did Stevenson battle about U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries doing business with the Nazis?
(a) John L. Lewis.
(c) J. Edgar Hoover.
3. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
(a) That he agreed to coordinate all intelligence.
(b) That he was retiring due to illness.
(c) That he was suspected of spy work for the Germans.
(d) That Roosevelt had fired him.
4. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
(a) The Dorsetshire.
(b) The Prinz Eugen.
(c) The Hood.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
5. How were German U-boats located?
(a) By dropping depth charges.
(b) By a machine called an oscilloscope.
(c) By overflight of planes.
(d) Using HF/DF (HuffDuff).
6. What did Bohr refuse?
(a) To sabotage the plant.
(b) To turn over his research notes to scientists in the United States.
(c) To stop his work and move to England.
(d) To try to assassinate Hitler the next time Hitler visited.
7. Who was left in Sweden after Bohr flew to England?
(b) Von Braun.
(c) Bohr's wife and children.
(d) No one.
8. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
(b) In the assembly building.
(c) At a hair pin curve.
(d) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
9. What plans were begun in August 1941?
(a) For the assassination of Hitler.
(b) For the assassination of Von Braun.
(c) For the assassination of Heydirch.
(d) For the assassination of Roosevelt
10. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
(a) Nothing; the Americans did not trust him.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) The double helix.
(d) The hydrogen bomb.
11. What was under the atomic research lab in Copenhagen?
(a) A huge fusion tunnel.
(b) A back-up record of all the research notes.
(c) An atom splitter.
(d) A heavy water cyclotron.
12. What were the British warships forming a trap for?
(a) The Hannover.
(b) The Pommern.
(c) The Bismarck.
(d) The Prinz Eugen.
13. To whom did Bohr give his important papers and tell to escape?
(a) Stefan Rozental.
(b) Warner Von Braun.
(c) Clyde Greenbaum.
(d) No one.
14. Who was Aage?
(a) An agent who spirited Bohr out of Denmark.
(b) Bohr's brother-in-law.
(c) Bohr's co-worker.
(d) Bohr's son.
15. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(b) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(c) The Polish Prince.
(d) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
2. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
3. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
4. What did Stevenson confiscate?
5. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)