|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(b) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
(c) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(d) The Polish Prince.
2. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
(a) It makes operation TORCH possible.
(b) The fall of many major German operatives in the United States.
(c) The fall of many major German operatives in France.
(d) The fall of many major German operatives in England.
3. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
(a) Ship Danes to work as virtual slaves on missle projects.
(b) Round up the Danish royal family.
(c) Round up Jews.
(d) Conscript Danish men.
4. Why was J. Edgar Hoover angry?
(a) Because the United States is willing to ally with communist Russia.
(b) Because Roosevelt left him out of some important planning sessions.
(c) Because Roosevelt makes him hire several of Donovan's cronies.
(d) At Bill Donovan's appointment.
5. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) A video.
(b) Foreged letters and documents.
(c) Several anonymous phone calls.
(d) A red herring.
6. Who was Cheese?
(a) The agent who was to sabotage the Soviet vessel Mein Kampf.
(b) The agent who was to sabotage the munitions factory in Dresden.
(c) A code name for an operation to steal the German's atomic bomb plans.
(d) The agent who was to sabotage the Norsk Hydro plant.
7. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
(a) To to keep the ships from being turned over to the Germans.
(b) To form mines near the English channel.
(c) As a warning.
(d) In reprisal for a French betrayal of a spy mission.
8. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
(a) Insist upon being present at all future meetings.
(b) Fire the men that he was forced to hire.
(c) Insist on his best ten agents monitoring the Russians in Europe.
(d) Causes problems for the BSC.
9. What was the code name for the invasion of French North Africa?
10. How long did the Germans believe it would take them to conquer Russia?
(a) 8 months.
(b) No more than a year.
(c) 36 weeks.
(d) 20 weeks.
11. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
(b) In the assembly building.
(c) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
(d) At a hair pin curve.
12. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
(a) The code name for a Yugoslave named Dusko Popov.
(b) The name of an agent in Russia.
(c) The code name for the new coding machine.
(d) A program designed to track the German bombers.
13. Who was CYNTHIA?
(a) An agent working for the gestapo.
(b) An agent recruited by the CIA.
(c) An agent in charge of radio communications in Bermuda.
(d) An agent is recruited by the BSC
14. Where did the French have gold hidden?
(a) At a fort on Martinique.
(b) At a fort on Gibraltar.
(c) In Brazil.
(d) In the West Indies.
15. With whom did Stevenson battle about U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries doing business with the Nazis?
(a) J. Edgar Hoover.
(c) John L. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
2. Why did the papers not arrive?
3. What did the Allies think they had failed to do?
4. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
5. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)