|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans were begun in August 1941?
(a) For the assassination of Roosevelt
(b) For the assassination of Heydirch.
(c) For the assassination of Von Braun.
(d) For the assassination of Hitler.
2. What were the Russians considering?
(a) Conceding some land to England.
(b) Allowing China to join their push against Hitler's forces.
(c) A peace offer by Hitler.
(d) Withdrawing to the interior of Russia.
3. When did the relations between British and American intelligence become strained?
(a) After TORCH.
(b) After SPARTA.
(c) After TROY.
(d) After PHARAOH.
4. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
(a) The heavy water plant was located in Copenhagen.
(b) The allies.
(c) No one; it was destroyed.
5. What did the Americans learn the value of when the Bismarck was found and sunk?
(a) Cooperation among allies.
(b) Using the Enigma machine.
(c) Radio traffic analysis.
(d) The Americans' help.
6. What did the men throw at Heydrich's car as it passed them?
(a) A grenade.
(b) Flowers to confuse him.
(c) A letter with an ultimatum.
7. Who was Aage?
(a) Bohr's brother-in-law.
(b) Bohr's co-worker.
(c) An agent who spirited Bohr out of Denmark.
(d) Bohr's son.
8. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
(a) The Prinz Eugen.
(b) The Hood.
(c) The Dorsetshire.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
9. Who spotted the Bismarck off the French coast?
(a) A French resistance worker who calls it in over Stevenson's network.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) A British fighter plane.
(d) An American plane on loan to the British.
10. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
(a) Counterfeit currency.
(b) Stolen money.
(c) Money intended for the local populace.
(d) Laundered money.
11. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(d) Two years.
12. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) Several anonymous phone calls.
(b) A red herring.
(c) A video.
(d) Foreged letters and documents.
13. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
(a) Nothing; the Americans did not trust him.
(b) The hydrogen bomb.
(c) The Manhattan Project.
(d) The double helix.
14. Who was supposed to force a wedge between BSC and the OSS?
15. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
(a) Via an Enigma drum.
(b) By a radio-encrypted signal.
(c) In holes bored in two keys.
(d) Through an agent who parachuted in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helped make the D-Day invasion easier for Allied bombers?
2. To whom did Bohr give his important papers and tell to escape?
3. What was one of Heydirch's duties?
4. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
5. What did the Allies think they had failed to do?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)