|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
(a) The name of an agent in Russia.
(b) The code name for the new coding machine.
(c) The code name for a Yugoslave named Dusko Popov.
(d) A program designed to track the German bombers.
2. What did the BSC work to keep from happening in Mexican ports?
(a) Sabotage of U. S. naval vessels.
(b) Sale of munitions to Germany.
(c) Sale of munitions to Japan.
(d) German ships resupplying there.
3. What were the British warships forming a trap for?
(a) The Hannover.
(b) The Pommern.
(c) The Prinz Eugen.
(d) The Bismarck.
4. What enabled the the invasion fleet for North Africa pass through the Straights of Gibraltar?
(a) A nighttime passage.
(b) Misinformation that sent the Germans towards Dakar.
(c) The fake invasion at Brest.
(d) Continuous bombing of the German forces in the area.
5. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
(a) Communist sympathizers.
(b) A downed radio station.
(c) A lack of personnel to process the request.
(d) Misinterpreted codes.
6. From where had the last four men of the assassination team come?
(a) They were Canadians trained by Stevenson.
(b) They came from the United States.
(c) They were Australians.
(d) They parachuted in.
7. How did the Germans retaliate for Heydrich's death?
(a) Killing 100 Czechs every evening.
(b) Bombed Bilovec until it was all rubble.
(c) Setting fire to the crops.
(d) Ordering a dusk to dawn curfew.
8. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(b) The Polish Prince.
(c) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
(d) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
9. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
(a) The double helix.
(b) Nothing; the Americans did not trust him.
(c) The Manhattan Project.
(d) The hydrogen bomb.
10. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Sir Roger Donne.
(d) Arthur Pack.
11. Who continued his work in Copenhagen?
(b) Von Braun.
(c) Dr. Niels Bohr.
12. What did the men throw at Heydrich's car as it passed them?
(a) Flowers to confuse him.
(c) A letter with an ultimatum.
(d) A grenade.
13. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
(a) Mass murder of many people.
(b) Trying to win over the peasants.
(c) An atomic bomb to totally destroy the land.
(d) Taking all the young Aryan-type children and sending them to Germany for adoption.
14. What did Hitler use to make decisions?
(a) A conference of his four most trusted advisors.
(b) Tea Leaves.
(d) I Ching.
15. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
(a) Two KGB agents who were working for the United States.
(b) Some of the money transferred to Mexico.
(c) Several exposed double agents.
(d) Intelligence about the next thrust of Hitler's plan for Latin America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
2. Who did CYNTHIA ask for help in obtaining the French naval ciphers?
3. What helped make the D-Day invasion easier for Allied bombers?
4. What were the Russians considering?
5. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)