|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
(a) A downed radio station.
(b) A lack of personnel to process the request.
(c) Communist sympathizers.
(d) Misinterpreted codes.
2. Who seemed to have the greatest chance of being first to develop the atomic bomb?
3. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
(b) Julius Rosenberg.
(c) George Greenglass.
(d) Kim Philby.
4. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
(a) None of the other countires.
(b) The Vichy French.
(c) The exiled Dutch crown.
(d) The exiled Swedish crown.
5. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
(a) That Roosevelt had fired him.
(b) That he was retiring due to illness.
(c) That he was suspected of spy work for the Germans.
(d) That he agreed to coordinate all intelligence.
6. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Arthur Pack.
(b) Sir Roger Donne.
7. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) The Polish Prince.
(b) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(c) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
(d) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
8. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) A red herring.
(b) Foreged letters and documents.
(c) A video.
(d) Several anonymous phone calls.
9. Who had a relationship with I. B. Farben?
(a) Shell Oil.
(b) British Petroleum.
(c) Giant Oil.
(d) Standard Oil.
10. What happened to the village of Lidice?
(a) It was totally destroyed and its fields salted.
(b) It was burned to the ground.
(c) It was spared since it tried to report the possible assassination.
11. What else did the operation in question #133 do?
(a) Tested the enemy's codes.
(b) Tested the enemy radar.
(c) Gained considerable ground for the allies.
(d) Tested the enemy's morale.
12. Who did Roosevelt send to Britain?
(a) General Eisenhower.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) American advisors.
13. Where did the French have gold hidden?
(a) At a fort on Gibraltar.
(b) At a fort on Martinique.
(c) In Brazil.
(d) In the West Indies.
14. When did the relations between British and American intelligence become strained?
(a) After SPARTA.
(b) After PHARAOH.
(c) After TORCH.
(d) After TROY.
15. Why did the lab and experiments of the man in #157 grow?
(a) He was Hitler's brother-in-law and received special treatment.
(b) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fusion.
(c) He had unlimited funding from Hitler.
(d) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
2. Who was Cheese?
3. From where had the last four men of the assassination team come?
4. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
5. Who spotted the Bismarck off the French coast?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)