|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt send to Britain?
(a) American advisors.
(c) General Eisenhower.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
2. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Arthur Pack.
(d) Sir Roger Donne.
3. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
(a) None of the other countires.
(b) The Vichy French.
(c) The exiled Dutch crown.
(d) The exiled Swedish crown.
4. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
(a) Establishing a spy network.
(b) Engaging in espionage especially about the plans for the atomic bomb.
(c) Consolidating the interests of their industrial concerns.
(d) Buying land in remote areas.
5. What reached the Italian Embassy in Rio?
(a) Intelligence about the next thrust of Hitler's plan for Latin America.
(b) Some of the money transferred to Mexico.
(c) Two KGB agents who were working for the United States.
(d) Several exposed double agents.
6. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
(a) Via an Enigma drum.
(b) By a radio-encrypted signal.
(c) Through an agent who parachuted in.
(d) In holes bored in two keys.
7. What else did the operation in question #133 do?
(a) Tested the enemy's codes.
(b) Gained considerable ground for the allies.
(c) Tested the enemy's morale.
(d) Tested the enemy radar.
8. When did Hitler declare war on the United States?
(a) January 7, 1942.
(b) December 7, 1941.
(c) December 11, 1941.
(d) January 11, 1942.
9. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) Counterfeit currency.
(c) Money intended for the local populace.
(d) Laundered money.
10. Who was CYNTHIA?
(a) An agent recruited by the CIA.
(b) An agent in charge of radio communications in Bermuda.
(c) An agent is recruited by the BSC
(d) An agent working for the gestapo.
11. How did the Germans retaliate for Heydrich's death?
(a) Bombed Bilovec until it was all rubble.
(b) Ordering a dusk to dawn curfew.
(c) Killing 100 Czechs every evening.
(d) Setting fire to the crops.
12. How were German U-boats located?
(a) By a machine called an oscilloscope.
(b) Using HF/DF (HuffDuff).
(c) By overflight of planes.
(d) By dropping depth charges.
13. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
(a) Internal sabotage by Norwegians who worked there.
(b) Unmanned missles.
(c) Bombs dropped by B-52s.
14. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
(a) Julius Rosenberg.
(b) Kim Philby.
(d) George Greenglass.
15. What enabled the the invasion fleet for North Africa pass through the Straights of Gibraltar?
(a) A nighttime passage.
(b) Misinformation that sent the Germans towards Dakar.
(c) Continuous bombing of the German forces in the area.
(d) The fake invasion at Brest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
2. What did Hitler use to make decisions?
3. What did Heydrich's plan for the Czech nation suggest?
4. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
5. Who was transferring large sums of money to Mexico?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)