|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Sir Roger Donne.
(d) Arthur Pack.
2. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) Several anonymous phone calls.
(b) A red herring.
(c) A video.
(d) Foreged letters and documents.
3. Why did the papers not arrive?
(a) Von Braun lost them on the way to Sweden.
(b) Greenbaum lost them on the way to Sweden.
(c) Rozental lost them on the way to Sweden.
(d) Greenbaum lost them on the way to Switzerland.
4. Who was left in Sweden after Bohr flew to England?
(a) Bohr's wife and children.
(b) Von Braun.
(c) No one.
5. What was captured in the St. Lawrence in December 1941?
(a) The Swedish head of intelligence.
(b) The Polish crown prince.
(c) The Russian chief of staff.
(d) Two Islands.
6. What did the Allies think they had failed to do?
(a) Break a code concerning D-day.
(b) Destroy the Norsk Hydro plant.
(c) Convince Stalin to remain at war with Hitler.
(d) Assassinate Heydrich.
7. With whom did Stevenson battle about U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries doing business with the Nazis?
(a) John L. Lewis.
(b) J. Edgar Hoover.
8. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(b) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(c) The Polish Prince.
(d) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
9. What did the Germans spend years doing prior to WWII in the United States?
(a) Establishing a spy network.
(b) Buying land in remote areas.
(c) Consolidating the interests of their industrial concerns.
(d) Engaging in espionage especially about the plans for the atomic bomb.
10. What plans were begun in August 1941?
(a) For the assassination of Roosevelt
(b) For the assassination of Hitler.
(c) For the assassination of Heydirch.
(d) For the assassination of Von Braun.
11. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
(a) The fall of many major German operatives in England.
(b) It makes operation TORCH possible.
(c) The fall of many major German operatives in France.
(d) The fall of many major German operatives in the United States.
12. What was assembled to give the impression of an invasion at Dieppe?
(a) A bevy of missles that were not actually armed.
(b) Misleading intelligence broadcasted over a frequency that was known to be compromised.
(c) 250 ships and thousands of soldiers.
13. Who was skeptical of the plans for the North African invasion?
14. What did Bohr manage to do at the end of September?
(a) Escape arrest by the Gestapo.
(b) Get his family out of Denmark.
(c) Find a way to send his work out of Norway.
(d) Kill one of the most loyal Nazi scientists who was on the verge of a breakthrough.
15. Who continued his work in Copenhagen?
(a) Von Braun.
(b) Dr. Niels Bohr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
2. What did the men throw at Heydrich's car as it passed them?
3. What did Hoover not find credible?
4. What were the British warships forming a trap for?
5. What correspondence was CYNTHIA asked to obtain?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)