|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
(a) The Hood.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) The Dorsetshire.
(d) The Prinz Eugen.
2. What was captured in the St. Lawrence in December 1941?
(a) Two Islands.
(b) The Swedish head of intelligence.
(c) The Russian chief of staff.
(d) The Polish crown prince.
3. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
(a) The Bismarck.
(b) The Essex.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Queen Victoria.
4. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(d) Three months.
5. What else did the operation in question #133 do?
(a) Tested the enemy's codes.
(b) Tested the enemy's morale.
(c) Tested the enemy radar.
(d) Gained considerable ground for the allies.
6. Through whom did the United States pass arms to the British?
(a) The Australians.
(b) The Canadians.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Scots.
7. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) A red herring.
(b) Foreged letters and documents.
(c) A video.
(d) Several anonymous phone calls.
8. Where was the German radar?
9. What did CYNTHIA'S work accomplish?
(a) The fall of many major German operatives in England.
(b) The fall of many major German operatives in France.
(c) The fall of many major German operatives in the United States.
(d) It makes operation TORCH possible.
10. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
(a) Julius Rosenberg.
(b) Kim Philby.
(c) George Greenglass.
11. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
(a) The Manhattan Project.
(b) Nothing; the Americans did not trust him.
(c) The double helix.
(d) The hydrogen bomb.
12. Who seemed to have the greatest chance of being first to develop the atomic bomb?
13. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
(a) The exiled Dutch crown.
(b) The exiled Swedish crown.
(c) The Vichy French.
(d) None of the other countires.
14. What did Stevenson confiscate?
(a) A third of the money sent to Mexico.
(b) Several million Dutch-marks in U. S. banks.
(c) A plane used to illegally transport intelligence for the Nazis.
(d) About 90 percent of the money sent to Mexico.
15. To whom did Bohr give his important papers and tell to escape?
(a) Stefan Rozental.
(b) Warner Von Braun.
(c) No one.
(d) Clyde Greenbaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt decide to recognize?
2. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
3. When did Heydrich die?
4. What was one of Heydirch's duties?
5. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)