|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt decide to recognize?
(b) The exiled Swedish government.
(c) The Vichy French.
2. Who was "TRICYCLE"?
(a) The name of an agent in Russia.
(b) The code name for a Yugoslave named Dusko Popov.
(c) A program designed to track the German bombers.
(d) The code name for the new coding machine.
3. What was Brazil being used as by the Nazis?
(a) Nothing because Brazil was unwilling to cooperate.
(b) A hostage nation.
(c) A base against the United States.
(d) A place to secret stolen valuables.
4. What was the code name for the invasion of French North Africa?
5. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
(a) Round up Jews.
(b) Ship Danes to work as virtual slaves on missle projects.
(c) Conscript Danish men.
(d) Round up the Danish royal family.
6. What was assembled to give the impression of an invasion at Dieppe?
(b) A bevy of missles that were not actually armed.
(c) Misleading intelligence broadcasted over a frequency that was known to be compromised.
(d) 250 ships and thousands of soldiers.
7. Through whom did the United States pass arms to the British?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Australians.
(c) The Canadians.
(d) The Scots.
8. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
(b) George Greenglass.
(c) Julius Rosenberg.
(d) Kim Philby.
9. What plans were begun in August 1941?
(a) For the assassination of Hitler.
(b) For the assassination of Von Braun.
(c) For the assassination of Heydirch.
(d) For the assassination of Roosevelt
10. How were German U-boats located?
(a) Using HF/DF (HuffDuff).
(b) By dropping depth charges.
(c) By a machine called an oscilloscope.
(d) By overflight of planes.
11. What did the Allies think they had failed to do?
(a) Destroy the Norsk Hydro plant.
(b) Convince Stalin to remain at war with Hitler.
(c) Assassinate Heydrich.
(d) Break a code concerning D-day.
12. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(b) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(c) The Polish Prince.
(d) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
13. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
(a) The Queen Victoria.
(b) The Essex.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Bismarck.
14. For what were the Russians pushing?
(a) An atomic bomb on Berlin.
(b) Opening a second front.
(c) Opening a third front.
(d) Conceding Poland and Hungary.
15. Who seemed to have the greatest chance of being first to develop the atomic bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
2. What happened to the village of Lidice?
3. How did the Brits send Bohr a message?
4. Who spotted the Bismarck off the French coast?
5. Who was Cheese?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)