|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
(a) The double helix.
(b) The hydrogen bomb.
(c) Nothing; the Americans did not trust him.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
2. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
(a) Bombs dropped by B-52s.
(c) Internal sabotage by Norwegians who worked there.
(d) Unmanned missles.
3. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
(a) The exiled Swedish crown.
(b) None of the other countires.
(c) The exiled Dutch crown.
(d) The Vichy French.
4. With whom did Stevenson battle about U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries doing business with the Nazis?
(b) J. Edgar Hoover.
(d) John L. Lewis.
5. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
(a) Causes problems for the BSC.
(b) Insist upon being present at all future meetings.
(c) Insist on his best ten agents monitoring the Russians in Europe.
(d) Fire the men that he was forced to hire.
6. When did Heydrich die?
(a) One week after the attack.
(b) Several months later.
(c) The night of the attack.
(d) A year later.
7. Who did the British and Americans want to get out of Denmark?
(b) Niels Bohr.
(d) Van Braun.
8. What did CYNTHIA obtain from a former lover?
(a) The Polish naval ciphers.
(b) The Italian naval ciphers.
(c) The Russian naval ciphers.
(d) The codes for the new Enigma.
9. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(d) Three months.
10. What else did the operation in question #133 do?
(a) Tested the enemy's codes.
(b) Tested the enemy radar.
(c) Gained considerable ground for the allies.
(d) Tested the enemy's morale.
11. What did Stevenson plant to imply a plot against President Vargas?
(a) A video.
(b) A red herring.
(c) Foreged letters and documents.
(d) Several anonymous phone calls.
12. Who worked at British Intelligence in a sensitive position?
(b) George Greenglass.
(c) Kim Philby.
(d) Julius Rosenberg.
13. Who was Cheese?
(a) The agent who was to sabotage the munitions factory in Dresden.
(b) The agent who was to sabotage the Norsk Hydro plant.
(c) A code name for an operation to steal the German's atomic bomb plans.
(d) The agent who was to sabotage the Soviet vessel Mein Kampf.
14. What did the Americans learn the value of when the Bismarck was found and sunk?
(a) The Americans' help.
(b) Radio traffic analysis.
(c) Cooperation among allies.
(d) Using the Enigma machine.
15. What happened to the village of Lidice?
(a) It was spared since it tried to report the possible assassination.
(c) It was burned to the ground.
(d) It was totally destroyed and its fields salted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Aage?
2. What was assembled to give the impression of an invasion at Dieppe?
3. What did Bohr manage to do at the end of September?
4. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
5. When did the relations between British and American intelligence become strained?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)