|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
(a) December 12, 1942.
(b) August 18, 1944.
(c) January 11, 1943.
(d) August 18, 1942.
2. Who did Roosevelt send to Britain?
(a) General Eisenhower.
(b) American advisors.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
3. Why did the British sink the French fleet at Oran?
(a) As a warning.
(b) To to keep the ships from being turned over to the Germans.
(c) In reprisal for a French betrayal of a spy mission.
(d) To form mines near the English channel.
4. What were the British warships forming a trap for?
(a) The Hannover.
(b) The Prinz Eugen.
(c) The Bismarck.
(d) The Pommern.
5. Who was CYNTHIA?
(a) An agent recruited by the CIA.
(b) An agent working for the gestapo.
(c) An agent in charge of radio communications in Bermuda.
(d) An agent is recruited by the BSC
6. What was Brazil being used as by the Nazis?
(a) Nothing because Brazil was unwilling to cooperate.
(b) A place to secret stolen valuables.
(c) A base against the United States.
(d) A hostage nation.
7. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
(a) That Roosevelt had fired him.
(b) That he was retiring due to illness.
(c) That he agreed to coordinate all intelligence.
(d) That he was suspected of spy work for the Germans.
8. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(a) Arthur Pack.
(d) Sir Roger Donne.
9. What happened to the village of Lidice?
(a) It was spared since it tried to report the possible assassination.
(c) It was burned to the ground.
(d) It was totally destroyed and its fields salted.
10. How long did it take the Germans to make the Norsk Hydro plant operational again after it was destroyed?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(d) Three months.
11. What did the men throw at Heydrich's car as it passed them?
(b) Flowers to confuse him.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A letter with an ultimatum.
12. On account of what did J. Edgar Hoover blame Stevenson's request for information was not answered.
(a) Communist sympathizers.
(b) A downed radio station.
(c) Misinterpreted codes.
(d) A lack of personnel to process the request.
13. What did the Allies use at first to try to attack the heavy water plant?
(a) Bombs dropped by B-52s.
(c) Internal sabotage by Norwegians who worked there.
(d) Unmanned missles.
14. With whom did CYNTHIA form liaisons?
(a) Member of Poland's Foreign Service.
(b) The head of the Nazi gestapo.
(c) The exiled royalty from several occupied European countries.
(d) The Polish Prince.
15. Who seemed to have the greatest chance of being first to develop the atomic bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hoover not find credible?
2. Who did the British and Americans want to get out of Denmark?
3. Why was J. Edgar Hoover angry?
4. What did Bohr begin to work on in the United States?
5. What did Hoover do because of his anger?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)