|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had control of the heavy water plant in Norway?
(a) The allies.
(b) No one; it was destroyed.
(c) The heavy water plant was located in Copenhagen.
2. Where did the French have gold hidden?
(a) In Brazil.
(b) In the West Indies.
(c) At a fort on Gibraltar.
(d) At a fort on Martinique.
3. What else did the operation in question #133 do?
(a) Tested the enemy's morale.
(b) Tested the enemy's codes.
(c) Tested the enemy radar.
(d) Gained considerable ground for the allies.
4. How were German U-boats located?
(a) By overflight of planes.
(b) By dropping depth charges.
(c) Using HF/DF (HuffDuff).
(d) By a machine called an oscilloscope.
5. Who did the British and Americans want to get out of Denmark?
(a) Van Braun.
(d) Niels Bohr.
6. Who was Cheese?
(a) The agent who was to sabotage the munitions factory in Dresden.
(b) The agent who was to sabotage the Soviet vessel Mein Kampf.
(c) The agent who was to sabotage the Norsk Hydro plant.
(d) A code name for an operation to steal the German's atomic bomb plans.
7. Where was an assassination team waiting to kill Heydrich?
(a) In Heydrich's personal quarters.
(b) At the airport from which Heydrich was flying.
(c) At a hair pin curve.
(d) In the assembly building.
8. What operation succeeded in deceiving the enemy?
9. Why did the lab and experiments of the man in #157 grow?
(a) He was Hitler's brother-in-law and received special treatment.
(b) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fission.
(c) He had unlimited funding from Hitler.
(d) He finally figured out the correct sequence for fusion.
10. Who ran their own activities from their Washington embassy?
(a) None of the other countires.
(b) The exiled Dutch crown.
(c) The exiled Swedish crown.
(d) The Vichy French.
11. What helped make the D-Day invasion easier for Allied bombers?
(a) A new type of guided rocket.
(b) The theft of equipment at the radar station.
(c) A new type of scatter bomb.
(d) Hitler's concentration on the Russian front.
12. To whom was CYNTHIA married?
(b) Sir Roger Donne.
(d) Arthur Pack.
13. Who seemed to have the greatest chance of being first to develop the atomic bomb?
14. Who did Roosevelt decide to recognize?
(a) The Vichy French.
(c) The exiled Swedish government.
15. What did the Nazis begin to do in Denmark?
(a) Round up Jews.
(b) Round up the Danish royal family.
(c) Ship Danes to work as virtual slaves on missle projects.
(d) Conscript Danish men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
2. What did CYNTHIA obtain from a former lover?
3. What did Churchill learn when he and Roosevelt met on June 17?
4. What did some agents use for money when desperate?
5. What was spotted in Norway in May of 1941?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)