Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
(a) Southern Russia.
(b) New Guinea.
2. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
(b) Arms and munitions.
3. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) British Arts Corporation.
(b) British Broadcasting Company.
(c) Canadian Wire Service.
(d) American Telephone and Telegraph.
4. Who overthrew Prince Regent Paul?
(a) Carl Mannerheim.
(c) General Francisco Franco.
(d) Antonio Salazar.
5. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
(a) White Christmas.
(c) Operation Snow.
6. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
(a) Working on nuclear fusion.
(b) Radio operations in France.
(c) Rescuing Jews from Germany.
(d) Codes and ciphers.
7. What was HYDRA?
(a) A satellite.
(b) A type of amphibious boat.
(c) A transmitter.
(d) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
8. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
(d) The United States.
9. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) They did warn them.
(b) To confuse the Germans.
(c) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
(d) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
10. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
(a) British Intelligence and French underground.
(b) FBI and British Intelligence.
(c) British Intelligence and CIA.
(d) FBI and Canadian Intelligence.
11. Where was William Stevenson born?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(c) Western Canada.
12. What shook Britain from its complacency?
(a) Russia's invasion of Norway.
(b) The destruction of the heavy water facility.
(c) Germany's invasion of Norway.
(d) Germany's invasion of Portugal.
13. What was the status of British finances at the time?
(a) Recently boosted by a war bond drive.
(b) Far worse than bankrupt.
(c) Augmented by countries unwillingly under German control.
(d) Close to bankrupt.
14. What did Stevenson want to use in breaking codes?
(a) A greater budgetary allowance.
(b) A network of scientist each working on one aspect.
(c) A computer.
(d) A counterpart to the Enigma.
15. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
(a) The British organization for guerrilla warfare against the Germans was already in place.
(b) The Royal Navy underwater demolition teams.
(c) The mine fields in the channel.
(d) The netword of Island resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
2. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
3. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
4. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
5. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)