|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
(a) Roosevelt might balk and dig in his heels on staying out of the war.
(b) Stevenson was told not to get involved by the King.
(c) Stevenson wanted willing allies; not ones forced into the position.
(d) The declaration has to come from Congress.
2. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
(b) The United States.
3. What did the British capture just before the invasion of Poland by Germany?
(a) An Enigma machine.
(b) One of Germany's top intelligence officers.
(c) A book of codes from WWI which were made more complex.
(d) A list of German spies in England.
4. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
(a) To convince the Americans to join the war effort.
(b) For analysis.
(c) To fool the Germans.
(d) So it wouldn't be captured by the Germans.
5. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Keeping supply lines open.
(b) Recruiting members.
(c) Conducting a propaganda war.
(d) Protecting intelligence.
6. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
(d) Any German puppet government.
7. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
(a) The Intelligence network.
(b) The munitions factories.
(c) The Royal Air Force.
(d) The British Navy.
8. What name did Churchill and Stevenson choose?
9. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(c) Veterinary medicine.
(d) Radio communications.
10. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(a) Queen Wilhelmina.
11. What was HYDRA?
(a) A transmitter.
(b) A satellite.
(c) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
(d) A type of amphibious boat.
12. What did the United States government say publicly about the war?
(a) They deplored the war.
(b) They did not intend to enter the war.
(c) They believed the British should have made peace with Germany.
(d) They believed the British cannot win the war.
13. What could Stevenson see as he inspected German factories?
(a) The Germans had advanced mechanical technology.
(b) The Germans were hiding weapons production.
(c) The Germans were obeying the terms of the treaty from WWI.
(d) The Germans were using what was basically slave labor.
14. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to appease Mussolini.
(b) Try to pacify Hitler.
(c) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(d) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
15. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Early warning systems.
(b) Autopiloted missles.
(c) Autopiloted bombers.
(d) Radio-controlled satellites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was talked about to help the Brits?
2. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
3. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
4. Where did Ian Fleming train?
5. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)