|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(a) Mein Weide Menchen.
(b) Mein Kamf.
2. What did the British capture just before the invasion of Poland by Germany?
(a) A list of German spies in England.
(b) A book of codes from WWI which were made more complex.
(c) One of Germany's top intelligence officers.
(d) An Enigma machine.
3. Why did the Roosevelt administration keep Joseph Kennedy in London for as long as possible?
(a) To keep him from campaigning against Roosevelt.
(b) To help the British intelligence.
(c) There were no ships available to evacuate him and other Americans.
(d) To encourage the British people that Americans would help them.
4. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
(a) The Intelligence network.
(b) The Royal Air Force.
(c) The munitions factories.
(d) The British Navy.
5. For what type of network were plans made?
6. What was developed in 1924?
(a) The Mystery.
(b) The Maze.
(c) A new type of Codebreaker.
(d) The Enigma.
7. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Recruiting members.
(b) Keeping supply lines open.
(c) Protecting intelligence.
(d) Conducting a propaganda war.
8. Who was Colin Gubbins?
(a) The head of the Baker Street Irregulars.
(b) The Polish labor leader.
(c) A Canadian who cracked the Enigma machine.
(d) A close advisor of King George V.
9. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
10. Where did Ian Fleming train?
(c) Camp A.
(d) Camp X.
11. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D. C.
12. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Men and women sent undercover.
(b) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
(c) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
(d) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
13. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
(a) Operation Snow.
(b) White Christmas.
14. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
(a) In the German parliament.
(b) Touring the United States.
(d) Working as a baker.
15. What did Stevenson establish in Bermuda?
(a) A top secret atomic bomb development center.
(b) A station similar to Bletchley.
(c) A place for him to relax sometimes.
(d) An orphanage for the children whose parents are killed in air raids on London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was an intelligence leak found?
2. What was the formal name given to the Baker Street Irregulars?
3. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
4. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
5. Of what did Roosevelt have to convince Americans?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)