|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
(b) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
(c) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
(d) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
2. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(b) Try to pacify Hitler.
(c) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(d) Try to appease Mussolini.
3. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
4. What was the formal name given to the Baker Street Irregulars?
(a) Special Operations Executive.
(b) Special Baker Outfit.
(c) Central Operations.
(d) Baker Executive.
5. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Protecting intelligence.
(b) Keeping supply lines open.
(c) Recruiting members.
(d) Conducting a propaganda war.
6. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Create a underground heavy water facility.
(b) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(c) Sabotage the heavy water.
(d) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
7. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
(b) New Guinea.
(d) Southern Russia.
8. What did the network of amateur Swede code breakers intercept?
(a) Germany's intent to invade Poland.
(b) Finland's intent to give the British full access to their heavy water.
(c) Germany's intent to cross the English channel.
(d) Russia's intent to invade Finland.
9. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
(a) In a prison camp in France.
(b) In London.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) In the United States.
10. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Autopiloted bombers.
(b) Autopiloted missles.
(c) Early warning systems.
(d) Radio-controlled satellites.
11. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
(a) The British organization for guerrilla warfare against the Germans was already in place.
(b) The Royal Navy underwater demolition teams.
(c) The netword of Island resistance.
(d) The mine fields in the channel.
12. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
(a) Working as a baker.
(b) Touring the United States.
(d) In the German parliament.
13. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
14. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
(a) He was afraid of assassination by German agents.
(b) He vacillated about where he stood on the issue.
(c) He was running for re-election.
(d) He was afraid of the Americans rebelling.
15. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(b) Washington, D. C.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overthrew Prince Regent Paul?
2. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
3. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
4. Where did Ian Fleming train?
5. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)