|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was running all of German intelligence?
(c) Von Braun.
2. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
(b) White Christmas.
(c) Operation Snow.
3. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(b) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(c) Try to appease Mussolini.
(d) Try to pacify Hitler.
4. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
5. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(b) Create a underground heavy water facility.
(c) Sabotage the heavy water.
(d) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
6. Where was William Stevenson born?
(b) Nova Scotia.
(d) Western Canada.
7. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
(a) British Intelligence and French underground.
(b) British Intelligence and CIA.
(c) FBI and Canadian Intelligence.
(d) FBI and British Intelligence.
8. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
(a) He was a German working for the British in Germany.
(b) He tried to assassinate Hitler before WWII ever started.
(c) He was captured with the German code book.
(d) He worked in the German foreign intelligence.
9. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
(a) Age of equipment.
(b) Lack of qualified sea captains.
(d) German U-boats.
10. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
(a) Hitler's brother-in-law.
(b) Heydrich's brother-in-law.
(c) Heydrich's father-in-law.
(d) Heydrich's first cousin.
11. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) The second-generation code breakers.
(b) The new Enigma.
(c) The first-generation code breakers.
(d) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
12. Who overthrew Prince Regent Paul?
(a) Carl Mannerheim.
(b) General Francisco Franco.
(c) Antonio Salazar.
13. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(b) Radio communications.
(d) Veterinary medicine.
14. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
(a) Stevenson wanted willing allies; not ones forced into the position.
(b) The declaration has to come from Congress.
(c) Stevenson was told not to get involved by the King.
(d) Roosevelt might balk and dig in his heels on staying out of the war.
15. What did Stevenson want to use in breaking codes?
(a) A counterpart to the Enigma.
(b) A computer.
(c) A network of scientist each working on one aspect.
(d) A greater budgetary allowance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stevenson working on to aid in code breaking?
2. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
3. What did Stevenson establish in Bermuda?
4. What were the Americans doing in the field of codes?
5. What routine were the people at Bletchley trying to figure out?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)