|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
2. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(b) Try to pacify Hitler.
(c) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(d) Try to appease Mussolini.
3. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
(a) Age of equipment.
(b) German U-boats.
(d) Lack of qualified sea captains.
4. What name did Churchill and Stevenson choose?
5. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Conducting a propaganda war.
(b) Recruiting members.
(c) Keeping supply lines open.
(d) Protecting intelligence.
6. Who was running all of German intelligence?
(b) Von Braun.
7. How long did the bombing of Belgrade delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 weeks.
8. Where was William Stevenson born?
(b) Nova Scotia.
(c) Western Canada.
9. For what type of network were plans made?
10. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
(b) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
(c) Hitler's plans for India.
(d) Hitler's plans for China.
11. Who was Colin Gubbins?
(a) The head of the Baker Street Irregulars.
(b) A Canadian who cracked the Enigma machine.
(c) The Polish labor leader.
(d) A close advisor of King George V.
12. Who was Noor Inayat Kahn?
(a) A spy who worked for the Nazis in Russia.
(b) A spy who worked for the Nazis in the United States.
(c) The Prime Minister of India.
(d) An Indian-born British citizen who works as a spy in France.
13. What shook Britain from its complacency?
(a) Germany's invasion of Norway.
(b) The destruction of the heavy water facility.
(c) Germany's invasion of Portugal.
(d) Russia's invasion of Norway.
14. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) British Arts Corporation.
(b) British Broadcasting Company.
(c) American Telephone and Telegraph.
(d) Canadian Wire Service.
15. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
(b) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
(c) Men and women sent undercover.
(d) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
2. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
3. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
4. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
5. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)