|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Churchill and Stevenson choose?
2. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
3. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) British Broadcasting Company.
(b) British Arts Corporation.
(c) American Telephone and Telegraph.
(d) Canadian Wire Service.
4. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
(a) Why new codes were harder to devise than old codes broken.
(b) Why the codes were being broken.
(c) How quickly communications could happen.
(d) How the German Ambassador intercepts communication between Churchill and Roosevelt.
5. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
(a) Rescuing Jews from Germany.
(b) Radio operations in France.
(c) Working on nuclear fusion.
(d) Codes and ciphers.
6. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
(b) Hitler's plans for China.
(c) Hitler's plans for India.
(d) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
7. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(b) Mein Weide Menchen.
(d) Mein Kamf.
8. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
(a) The United States.
9. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) The second-generation code breakers.
(b) The first-generation code breakers.
(c) The new Enigma.
(d) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
10. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
(a) British Intelligence and CIA.
(b) FBI and Canadian Intelligence.
(c) British Intelligence and French underground.
(d) FBI and British Intelligence.
11. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
(a) He worked in the German foreign intelligence.
(b) He was captured with the German code book.
(c) He tried to assassinate Hitler before WWII ever started.
(d) He was a German working for the British in Germany.
12. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
(a) Swedish intelligence agents.
(b) American intelligence agents.
(c) Canadian intelligence agents.
(d) French intelligence agents.
13. Who traveled to London to meet with the King?
(c) Bill Donovan.
(d) Joseph Kennedy.
14. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
(a) Working as a baker.
(b) Touring the United States.
(c) In the German parliament.
15. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
(a) He was afraid of the Americans rebelling.
(b) He was afraid of assassination by German agents.
(c) He was running for re-election.
(d) He vacillated about where he stood on the issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
2. Who was Colin Gubbins?
3. Why did Hitler fail to crush the British troops in France?
4. What was HYDRA?
5. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)