|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
(a) The British organization for guerrilla warfare against the Germans was already in place.
(b) The mine fields in the channel.
(c) The Royal Navy underwater demolition teams.
(d) The netword of Island resistance.
2. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
3. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
(d) Any German puppet government.
4. For what type of network were plans made?
5. What was Donovan investigating?
(a) The locations of German munitions factories.
(b) The value of strengthening the British in the Mediterranean.
(c) Another leak in security.
(d) The locations of Hitler's secret bunkers.
6. Of what did Roosevelt have to convince Americans?
(a) To declare war on Japan.
(b) To support England.
(c) To sacrifice personal comforts.
(d) To enlist voluntarily.
7. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(a) Washington, D. C.
(b) New York City.
8. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
(a) Age of equipment.
(c) German U-boats.
(d) Lack of qualified sea captains.
9. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
(b) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
(c) They did warn them.
(d) To confuse the Germans.
10. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
(b) New Guinea.
(d) Southern Russia.
11. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(a) Queen Wilhelmina.
12. What did Stevenson establish in Bermuda?
(a) An orphanage for the children whose parents are killed in air raids on London.
(b) A station similar to Bletchley.
(c) A top secret atomic bomb development center.
(d) A place for him to relax sometimes.
13. What did Stevenson want to use in breaking codes?
(a) A counterpart to the Enigma.
(b) A greater budgetary allowance.
(c) A network of scientist each working on one aspect.
(d) A computer.
14. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
(b) The Netherlands.
(d) The United States.
15. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
(a) Rescuing Jews from Germany.
(b) Working on nuclear fusion.
(c) Radio operations in France.
(d) Codes and ciphers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
2. What was HYDRA?
3. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
4. How long did the bombing of Belgrade delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
5. Where was William Stevenson born?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)