|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the formal name given to the Baker Street Irregulars?
(a) Central Operations.
(b) Special Baker Outfit.
(c) Baker Executive.
(d) Special Operations Executive.
2. What was developed in 1924?
(a) The Enigma.
(b) The Mystery.
(c) The Maze.
(d) A new type of Codebreaker.
3. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Keeping supply lines open.
(b) Protecting intelligence.
(c) Conducting a propaganda war.
(d) Recruiting members.
4. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) They did warn them.
(b) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
(c) To confuse the Germans.
(d) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
5. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Autopiloted missles.
(b) Autopiloted bombers.
(c) Radio-controlled satellites.
(d) Early warning systems.
6. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
7. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) The United States.
8. Who traveled to London to meet with the King?
(b) Joseph Kennedy.
(d) Bill Donovan.
9. For what type of network were plans made?
10. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington, D. C.
11. Why was flying to England monthly dangerous for Stevenson?
(a) He has high blood pressure.
(b) Many planes were being shot down.
(c) There was a price on his head by the Nazis.
(d) The planes were being built as quickly as possible and were not very reliable mechanically.
12. What did ships from the United States to Lisbon receive when they stopped in Bermuda?
(a) The changes in the codes.
(b) Special antiaircraft weapons.
(c) Retrofitting with spying equipment.
(d) Reports written in invisible ink.
13. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
(a) He worked in the German foreign intelligence.
(b) He was captured with the German code book.
(c) He was a German working for the British in Germany.
(d) He tried to assassinate Hitler before WWII ever started.
14. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
(a) Southern Russia.
(b) New Guinea.
15. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
(b) The second-generation code breakers.
(c) The first-generation code breakers.
(d) The new Enigma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of British finances at the time?
2. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
3. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
4. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
5. Who was protecting British supply ships in the Mediterranean?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)