|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
(c) Any German puppet government.
2. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(a) Mein Kamf.
(d) Mein Weide Menchen.
3. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
(a) Why new codes were harder to devise than old codes broken.
(b) How the German Ambassador intercepts communication between Churchill and Roosevelt.
(c) How quickly communications could happen.
(d) Why the codes were being broken.
4. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
5. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for India.
(b) Hitler's plans for China.
(c) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
(d) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
6. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
(a) The things Roosevelt said about the Brits in private.
(b) Why Roosevelt is re-elected which is due to covert work by British intelligence.
(c) The extent of their agreements.
7. What shook Britain from its complacency?
(a) Germany's invasion of Portugal.
(b) Germany's invasion of Norway.
(c) Russia's invasion of Norway.
(d) The destruction of the heavy water facility.
8. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(b) Sabotage the heavy water.
(c) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
(d) Create a underground heavy water facility.
9. Who was protecting British supply ships in the Mediterranean?
(a) The United States Navy.
(b) The British Royal Navy.
(c) The Australian Navy.
(d) A combined force of New Zealand, Australia and Scotland.
10. Where was Roosevelt vacationing at the opening of Chapter 26?
(b) The Caribbean.
(d) The Pacific Northwest.
11. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
(a) British Intelligence and French underground.
(b) FBI and Canadian Intelligence.
(c) British Intelligence and CIA.
(d) FBI and British Intelligence.
12. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
(a) The commander of the Asian forces in the Philippines.
(b) The head of Canadian intelligence.
(c) He was to Roosevelt what Stevenson was to Churchill.
(d) The head of the CIA.
13. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
(b) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
(c) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
(d) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
14. What was talked about to help the Brits?
(a) Selling war bonds to Americans for England.
(b) Giving wartime grants.
(c) Loaning war equipment.
(d) Raising a volunteer army to augment British forces.
15. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
(a) Working on nuclear fusion.
(b) Rescuing Jews from Germany.
(c) Radio operations in France.
(d) Codes and ciphers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
2. Who were the "trappers"?
3. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
4. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
5. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)