|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
(c) Southern Russia.
(d) New Guinea.
2. Who traveled to London to meet with the King?
(a) Joseph Kennedy.
(b) Bill Donovan.
3. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
(a) The things Roosevelt said about the Brits in private.
(b) The extent of their agreements.
(c) Why Roosevelt is re-elected which is due to covert work by British intelligence.
4. What was Donovan investigating?
(a) The value of strengthening the British in the Mediterranean.
(b) The locations of German munitions factories.
(c) Another leak in security.
(d) The locations of Hitler's secret bunkers.
5. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) The United States.
6. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(b) Queen Wilhelmina.
7. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
8. Where was William Stevenson born?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(c) Western Canada.
9. Why did the Roosevelt administration keep Joseph Kennedy in London for as long as possible?
(a) To encourage the British people that Americans would help them.
(b) To keep him from campaigning against Roosevelt.
(c) There were no ships available to evacuate him and other Americans.
(d) To help the British intelligence.
10. What was developed in 1924?
(a) The Mystery.
(b) The Maze.
(c) A new type of Codebreaker.
(d) The Enigma.
11. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
(b) Touring the United States.
(c) In the German parliament.
(d) Working as a baker.
12. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
(b) Secret meetings on uninhabited islands.
(c) Radio via the Enigma.
(d) Documents written in invisible ink.
13. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
(a) Three German U-boats sunk in one day by the United States.
(b) A direct hit one of Dresden's most productive factories.
(c) The refusal of Portugal to come into the war on the side of the Nazis.
(d) A press conference by Donovan.
14. What was the formal name given to the Baker Street Irregulars?
(a) Special Baker Outfit.
(b) Special Operations Executive.
(c) Baker Executive.
(d) Central Operations.
15. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
(a) Roosevelt might balk and dig in his heels on staying out of the war.
(b) The declaration has to come from Congress.
(c) Stevenson was told not to get involved by the King.
(d) Stevenson wanted willing allies; not ones forced into the position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
2. How long did the bombing of Belgrade delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
3. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
4. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
5. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)