|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what type of network were plans made?
2. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
(a) He was afraid of assassination by German agents.
(b) He was afraid of the Americans rebelling.
(c) He was running for re-election.
(d) He vacillated about where he stood on the issue.
3. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
4. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
(a) That Germany would be the focal point of the United States' war effort.
(b) That the United States would send several shiploads of supplies daily to England.
(c) That the United States would begin training many more covert operators.
(d) Stevenson got none of the concessions that he wanted.
5. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
6. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(a) Mein Weide Menchen.
(c) Mein Kamf.
7. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
(b) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
(c) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
(d) Men and women sent undercover.
8. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(a) Radio communications.
(b) Veterinary medicine.
9. What shook Britain from its complacency?
(a) Russia's invasion of Norway.
(b) Germany's invasion of Portugal.
(c) Germany's invasion of Norway.
(d) The destruction of the heavy water facility.
10. What name did Churchill and Stevenson choose?
11. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
(a) A clearinghouse for information.
(b) A place to hold secret meetings with Eurpean heads of state.
(c) A place for developing various code machines.
(d) A training lab for spies.
12. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
(b) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
(c) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
(d) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
13. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
(a) Touring the United States.
(b) Working as a baker.
(c) In the German parliament.
14. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
(a) To fool the Germans.
(b) To convince the Americans to join the war effort.
(c) For analysis.
(d) So it wouldn't be captured by the Germans.
15. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
(a) Tells Prince Regent Paul that Hitler would take his country first before Russia.
(b) Sends misleading intelligence over lines known to be compromised.
(c) Asks King Boris to delay the Germans passing through Bulgaria.
(d) Nothing could be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
2. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
3. Where was William Stevenson born?
4. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
5. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)