|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
(a) Canadian intelligence agents.
(b) French intelligence agents.
(c) Swedish intelligence agents.
(d) American intelligence agents.
2. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
(a) Secret meetings on uninhabited islands.
(c) Radio via the Enigma.
(d) Documents written in invisible ink.
3. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
(a) Stevenson got none of the concessions that he wanted.
(b) That the United States would send several shiploads of supplies daily to England.
(c) That Germany would be the focal point of the United States' war effort.
(d) That the United States would begin training many more covert operators.
4. For what type of network were plans made?
5. What was HYDRA?
(a) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
(b) A type of amphibious boat.
(c) A satellite.
(d) A transmitter.
6. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
(b) Create a underground heavy water facility.
(c) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(d) Sabotage the heavy water.
7. What was the formal name given to the Baker Street Irregulars?
(a) Baker Executive.
(b) Special Operations Executive.
(c) Central Operations.
(d) Special Baker Outfit.
8. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
(a) A training lab for spies.
(b) A place for developing various code machines.
(c) A place to hold secret meetings with Eurpean heads of state.
(d) A clearinghouse for information.
9. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
10. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Autopiloted missles.
(b) Radio-controlled satellites.
(c) Autopiloted bombers.
(d) Early warning systems.
11. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
(a) The head of Canadian intelligence.
(b) The commander of the Asian forces in the Philippines.
(c) He was to Roosevelt what Stevenson was to Churchill.
(d) The head of the CIA.
12. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
(a) Ambulance driver.
(d) Passport control officer.
13. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
(a) A press conference by Donovan.
(b) Three German U-boats sunk in one day by the United States.
(c) A direct hit one of Dresden's most productive factories.
(d) The refusal of Portugal to come into the war on the side of the Nazis.
14. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(b) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(c) Try to appease Mussolini.
(d) Try to pacify Hitler.
15. What was Donovan investigating?
(a) Another leak in security.
(b) The value of strengthening the British in the Mediterranean.
(c) The locations of Hitler's secret bunkers.
(d) The locations of German munitions factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Churchill and Stevenson choose?
2. What were the Americans doing in the field of codes?
3. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
4. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
5. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)