|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
(b) Documents written in invisible ink.
(c) Radio via the Enigma.
(d) Secret meetings on uninhabited islands.
2. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
(d) Arms and munitions.
3. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) New York City.
4. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
5. Where was Stevenson shot down in WWI?
(c) New Guinea.
(d) Southern Russia.
6. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Men and women sent undercover.
(b) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
(c) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
(d) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
7. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) The second-generation code breakers.
(b) The first-generation code breakers.
(c) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
(d) The new Enigma.
8. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(a) Mein Weide Menchen.
(c) Mein Kamf.
9. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
(a) He was captured with the German code book.
(b) He worked in the German foreign intelligence.
(c) He tried to assassinate Hitler before WWII ever started.
(d) He was a German working for the British in Germany.
10. Of what did Roosevelt have to convince Americans?
(a) To sacrifice personal comforts.
(b) To support England.
(c) To enlist voluntarily.
(d) To declare war on Japan.
11. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
(a) Why Roosevelt is re-elected which is due to covert work by British intelligence.
(c) The extent of their agreements.
(d) The things Roosevelt said about the Brits in private.
12. What routine were the people at Bletchley trying to figure out?
(a) The Russian's rountine to keep the Germans at bay.
(b) The drum changing routine.
(c) The way the Germans planned who to invade next.
(d) How to capitalize on the invasion of Finland.
13. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Conducting a propaganda war.
(b) Keeping supply lines open.
(c) Protecting intelligence.
(d) Recruiting members.
14. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Autopiloted missles.
(b) Radio-controlled satellites.
(c) Early warning systems.
(d) Autopiloted bombers.
15. For what type of network were plans made?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Colin Gubbins?
2. What was Donovan investigating?
3. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
4. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
5. Where was an intelligence leak found?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)