|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Donovan investigating?
(a) The locations of Hitler's secret bunkers.
(b) Another leak in security.
(c) The value of strengthening the British in the Mediterranean.
(d) The locations of German munitions factories.
2. Where did Ian Fleming train?
(b) Camp X.
(d) Camp A.
3. What was developed in 1924?
(a) The Maze.
(b) The Mystery.
(c) The Enigma.
(d) A new type of Codebreaker.
4. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
(a) How the German Ambassador intercepts communication between Churchill and Roosevelt.
(b) How quickly communications could happen.
(c) Why new codes were harder to devise than old codes broken.
(d) Why the codes were being broken.
5. What was the status of British finances at the time?
(a) Far worse than bankrupt.
(b) Augmented by countries unwillingly under German control.
(c) Close to bankrupt.
(d) Recently boosted by a war bond drive.
6. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
(b) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
(c) Men and women sent undercover.
(d) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
7. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to pacify Hitler.
(b) Try to appease Mussolini.
(c) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(d) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
8. Who was Colin Gubbins?
(a) The head of the Baker Street Irregulars.
(b) The Polish labor leader.
(c) A Canadian who cracked the Enigma machine.
(d) A close advisor of King George V.
9. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
(a) HAMMER BLOW.
(b) OX BLOW.
(c) STRIKE OX.
(d) ORE GONE.
10. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
(a) He tried to assassinate Hitler before WWII ever started.
(b) He was a German working for the British in Germany.
(c) He was captured with the German code book.
(d) He worked in the German foreign intelligence.
11. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
12. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
(a) Working as a baker.
(b) Touring the United States.
(c) In the German parliament.
13. What was HYDRA?
(a) A transmitter.
(b) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
(c) A satellite.
(d) A type of amphibious boat.
14. What did the British capture just before the invasion of Poland by Germany?
(a) A list of German spies in England.
(b) A book of codes from WWI which were made more complex.
(c) One of Germany's top intelligence officers.
(d) An Enigma machine.
15. What was the formal name given to the Baker Street Irregulars?
(a) Baker Executive.
(b) Central Operations.
(c) Special Baker Outfit.
(d) Special Operations Executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
2. What sendt Hitler into a rage that results in the heavy bombing of Belgrade?
3. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
4. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
5. What could Stevenson see as he inspected German factories?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)