|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
(a) In London.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) In the United States.
(d) In a prison camp in France.
2. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) British Broadcasting Company.
(b) British Arts Corporation.
(c) Canadian Wire Service.
(d) American Telephone and Telegraph.
3. Who was Noor Inayat Kahn?
(a) The Prime Minister of India.
(b) A spy who worked for the Nazis in Russia.
(c) An Indian-born British citizen who works as a spy in France.
(d) A spy who worked for the Nazis in the United States.
4. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) The United States.
5. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
(a) Paul Reynaud.
(b) Ion Antonescu.
(c) King Haakon VII.
6. Who had German agents tailing him in London?
(c) Queen Wilhelmina.
7. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) To confuse the Germans.
(b) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
(c) They did warn them.
(d) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
8. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
(a) Hitler's brother-in-law.
(b) Heydrich's father-in-law.
(c) Heydrich's first cousin.
(d) Heydrich's brother-in-law.
9. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
(b) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
(c) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
(d) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
10. Who was William Wiseman?
(a) Stevenson's best friend.
(b) The chief of British Secret Intelligence Service in Washington, D. C.
(c) A spy for Britian in France during WWII.
(d) The head of the CIA's covert operations branch in the 1950s.
11. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
(a) The munitions factories.
(b) The Royal Air Force.
(c) The British Navy.
(d) The Intelligence network.
12. What name did Churchill and Stevenson choose?
13. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Sabotage the heavy water.
(b) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
(c) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(d) Create a underground heavy water facility.
14. Where was Roosevelt vacationing at the opening of Chapter 26?
(a) The Pacific Northwest.
(c) The Caribbean.
15. Where did the BSC or British Security Coordination establish its headquarters?
(a) Washington, D. C.
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the "trappers"?
2. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
3. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
4. What was Stevenson working on to aid in code breaking?
5. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)