|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
(a) OX BLOW.
(b) STRIKE OX.
(c) ORE GONE.
(d) HAMMER BLOW.
2. What did the United States government say publicly about the war?
(a) They deplored the war.
(b) They believed the British cannot win the war.
(c) They believed the British should have made peace with Germany.
(d) They did not intend to enter the war.
3. Who did the Brits warn about Hitler's plans?
(a) Paul Reynaud.
(c) Ion Antonescu.
(d) King Haakon VII.
4. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(b) Try to pacify Hitler.
(c) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(d) Try to appease Mussolini.
5. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(b) Mein Weide Menchen.
(d) Mein Kamf.
6. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
(a) The netword of Island resistance.
(b) The British organization for guerrilla warfare against the Germans was already in place.
(c) The Royal Navy underwater demolition teams.
(d) The mine fields in the channel.
7. What did ships from the United States to Lisbon receive when they stopped in Bermuda?
(a) Special antiaircraft weapons.
(b) The changes in the codes.
(c) Retrofitting with spying equipment.
(d) Reports written in invisible ink.
8. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
(b) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
(c) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
(d) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
9. Who was William Wiseman?
(a) The head of the CIA's covert operations branch in the 1950s.
(b) The chief of British Secret Intelligence Service in Washington, D. C.
(c) Stevenson's best friend.
(d) A spy for Britian in France during WWII.
10. What was Donovan investigating?
(a) The locations of Hitler's secret bunkers.
(b) Another leak in security.
(c) The locations of German munitions factories.
(d) The value of strengthening the British in the Mediterranean.
11. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
(a) Hitler's hiding the production of weapons.
(b) The second-generation code breakers.
(c) The first-generation code breakers.
(d) The new Enigma.
12. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
(a) He tried to assassinate Hitler before WWII ever started.
(b) He was a German working for the British in Germany.
(c) He was captured with the German code book.
(d) He worked in the German foreign intelligence.
13. What was Hitler's invasion of Russia code named?
(b) White Christmas.
(c) Operation Snow.
14. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
(c) Any German puppet government.
15. Who overthrew Prince Regent Paul?
(a) General Francisco Franco.
(c) Carl Mannerheim.
(d) Antonio Salazar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what group were the woman part of in training at Camp X?
2. Of what did Roosevelt have to convince Americans?
3. Where was Roosevelt vacationing at the opening of Chapter 26?
4. Where did Ian Fleming train?
5. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)