|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to pacify Hitler.
(b) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(c) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(d) Try to appease Mussolini.
2. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
(a) Any German puppet government.
3. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In a prison camp in France.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) In London.
4. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
(a) To fool the Germans.
(b) So it wouldn't be captured by the Germans.
(c) For analysis.
(d) To convince the Americans to join the war effort.
5. Why was flying to England monthly dangerous for Stevenson?
(a) Many planes were being shot down.
(b) There was a price on his head by the Nazis.
(c) He has high blood pressure.
(d) The planes were being built as quickly as possible and were not very reliable mechanically.
6. Who was William Wiseman?
(a) The head of the CIA's covert operations branch in the 1950s.
(b) A spy for Britian in France during WWII.
(c) The chief of British Secret Intelligence Service in Washington, D. C.
(d) Stevenson's best friend.
7. Where was Roosevelt vacationing at the opening of Chapter 26?
(c) The Caribbean.
(d) The Pacific Northwest.
8. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
(a) Swedish intelligence agents.
(b) American intelligence agents.
(c) Canadian intelligence agents.
(d) French intelligence agents.
9. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
(a) Espionage into the main office of German intelligence.
(b) A business deal between ITT and Germany.
(c) A new atenna that picked up coded signals.
(d) A spy in German intelligence.
10. For what type of network were plans made?
11. How long did the bombing of Belgrade delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
12. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) The United States.
13. Why did the Roosevelt administration keep Joseph Kennedy in London for as long as possible?
(a) There were no ships available to evacuate him and other Americans.
(b) To encourage the British people that Americans would help them.
(c) To keep him from campaigning against Roosevelt.
(d) To help the British intelligence.
14. Why did Hitler fail to crush the British troops in France?
(a) Because of Bletchely correctly analyzing and anticipating German plans.
(b) Poor equipment.
(c) Too many resistance fighters sabotaging the efforts.
(d) Supply lines were cut off.
15. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for China.
(b) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
(c) Hitler's plans for India.
(d) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was running all of German intelligence?
2. What did ships from the United States to Lisbon receive when they stopped in Bermuda?
3. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
4. What did the British capture just before the invasion of Poland by Germany?
5. Where did Ian Fleming train?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)