|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what type of network were plans made?
2. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
(a) American intelligence agents.
(b) French intelligence agents.
(c) Canadian intelligence agents.
(d) Swedish intelligence agents.
3. What was canceled due to the protests of the royalty of various countries?
(a) ORE GONE.
(b) HAMMER BLOW.
(c) OX BLOW.
(d) STRIKE OX.
4. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
5. What was now known to the public about Roosevelt and the British?
(a) Why Roosevelt is re-elected which is due to covert work by British intelligence.
(b) The things Roosevelt said about the Brits in private.
(c) The extent of their agreements.
6. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
(a) Hitler's brother-in-law.
(b) Heydrich's brother-in-law.
(c) Heydrich's father-in-law.
(d) Heydrich's first cousin.
7. Who was Noor Inayat Kahn?
(a) A spy who worked for the Nazis in Russia.
(b) The Prime Minister of India.
(c) A spy who worked for the Nazis in the United States.
(d) An Indian-born British citizen who works as a spy in France.
8. What name did Churchill and Stevenson choose?
9. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
(a) He was afraid of the Americans rebelling.
(b) He was afraid of assassination by German agents.
(c) He was running for re-election.
(d) He vacillated about where he stood on the issue.
10. What was the status of British finances at the time?
(a) Close to bankrupt.
(b) Far worse than bankrupt.
(c) Recently boosted by a war bond drive.
(d) Augmented by countries unwillingly under German control.
11. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(b) Mein Weide Menchen.
(d) Mein Kamf.
12. Where was William Stevenson born?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(b) Western Canada.
13. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) They did warn them.
(b) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
(c) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
(d) To confuse the Germans.
14. What did the United States government say publicly about the war?
(a) They believed the British should have made peace with Germany.
(b) They believed the British cannot win the war.
(c) They deplored the war.
(d) They did not intend to enter the war.
15. How did the Germans communicate with their vessels?
(b) Radio via the Enigma.
(c) Documents written in invisible ink.
(d) Secret meetings on uninhabited islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
2. How did Donovan delay Hitler's invasion?
3. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
4. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
5. Why did the Roosevelt administration keep Joseph Kennedy in London for as long as possible?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)