|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
(a) French intelligence agents.
(b) Canadian intelligence agents.
(c) Swedish intelligence agents.
(d) American intelligence agents.
2. Where did Noor Inayat Kahn die?
(a) In London.
(b) In the United States.
(c) In a prison camp in France.
(d) A concentration camp.
3. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to pacify Hitler.
(b) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(c) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(d) Try to appease Mussolini.
4. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
(a) Why new codes were harder to devise than old codes broken.
(b) How the German Ambassador intercepts communication between Churchill and Roosevelt.
(c) How quickly communications could happen.
(d) Why the codes were being broken.
5. What did Roosevelt promise the King and Queen of England?
(a) Guns and airplanes.
(b) Financial aide.
(d) Assistance if England was attacked.
6. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
(a) A place for developing various code machines.
(b) A training lab for spies.
(c) A place to hold secret meetings with Eurpean heads of state.
(d) A clearinghouse for information.
7. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
8. Where did Ian Fleming train?
(b) Camp A.
(c) Camp X.
9. Why was flying to England monthly dangerous for Stevenson?
(a) The planes were being built as quickly as possible and were not very reliable mechanically.
(b) Many planes were being shot down.
(c) He has high blood pressure.
(d) There was a price on his head by the Nazis.
10. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
(a) The head of the CIA.
(b) The head of Canadian intelligence.
(c) He was to Roosevelt what Stevenson was to Churchill.
(d) The commander of the Asian forces in the Philippines.
11. What book did Hitler write in the early 1920s?
(a) Mein Kamf.
(b) Mein Weide Menchen.
12. Where was William Stevenson born?
(b) Western Canada.
(c) Nova Scotia.
13. Who were the "trappers"?
(a) Men and women sent undercover.
(b) Boats sent out specifically to trap German subs.
(c) The women who secretly opened letters and found the microdots.
(d) Airplanes sent to trap German destroyers.
14. What shook Britain from its complacency?
(a) The destruction of the heavy water facility.
(b) Russia's invasion of Norway.
(c) Germany's invasion of Norway.
(d) Germany's invasion of Portugal.
15. Who was William Wiseman?
(a) The head of the CIA's covert operations branch in the 1950s.
(b) A spy for Britian in France during WWII.
(c) Stevenson's best friend.
(d) The chief of British Secret Intelligence Service in Washington, D. C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
2. What was talked about to help the Brits?
3. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
4. How long did the bombing of Belgrade delay Hitler's invasion of Russia?
5. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)