|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Stevenson discover through his message interception network?
(a) Hitler's plans for India.
(b) Hitler's plan to send assassins to the United States and England.
(c) Hitler's plans for Latin America.
(d) Hitler's plans for China.
2. Where was Roosevelt vacationing at the opening of Chapter 26?
(a) The Caribbean.
(c) The Pacific Northwest.
3. What was HYDRA?
(a) A type of amphibious boat.
(b) A satellite.
(c) Stevenson's answer to the Enigma machine.
(d) A transmitter.
4. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
(a) Roosevelt might balk and dig in his heels on staying out of the war.
(b) The declaration has to come from Congress.
(c) Stevenson wanted willing allies; not ones forced into the position.
(d) Stevenson was told not to get involved by the King.
5. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
(a) The head of the CIA.
(b) He was to Roosevelt what Stevenson was to Churchill.
(c) The commander of the Asian forces in the Philippines.
(d) The head of Canadian intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was developed in 1924?
2. Between what two agencies was cooperation arranged?
3. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
4. Where was William Stevenson born?
5. Where was Hitler in the early 1920s?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)