|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
(b) They did warn them.
(c) To confuse the Germans.
(d) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
2. What were the Americans doing in the field of codes?
(a) Changing the nature of ciphers.
(b) Trying to break Japanese code.
(c) Trying to teach the Navajo codes.
(d) Working on a unbreakable code.
3. What did Roosevelt promise the King and Queen of England?
(a) Guns and airplanes.
(c) Assistance if England was attacked.
(d) Financial aide.
4. For what did the Brits trade some of their technology and secrets?
(b) Arms and munitions.
5. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(b) Radio communications.
(c) Veterinary medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson watch England do?
2. Who was Colin Gubbins?
3. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
4. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
5. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)