|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Roosevelt administration keep Joseph Kennedy in London for as long as possible?
(a) To help the British intelligence.
(b) There were no ships available to evacuate him and other Americans.
(c) To encourage the British people that Americans would help them.
(d) To keep him from campaigning against Roosevelt.
2. What could Stevenson see as he inspected German factories?
(a) The Germans were obeying the terms of the treaty from WWI.
(b) The Germans were hiding weapons production.
(c) The Germans had advanced mechanical technology.
(d) The Germans were using what was basically slave labor.
3. What was the status of British finances at the time?
(a) Recently boosted by a war bond drive.
(b) Close to bankrupt.
(c) Far worse than bankrupt.
(d) Augmented by countries unwillingly under German control.
4. Who was running all of German intelligence?
(b) Von Braun.
5. What did Stevenson investigate about an aspect of the Phony War?
(a) How the German Ambassador intercepts communication between Churchill and Roosevelt.
(b) How quickly communications could happen.
(c) Why new codes were harder to devise than old codes broken.
(d) Why the codes were being broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
2. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
3. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
4. What was HYDRA?
5. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)