|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
(a) American intelligence agents.
(b) Canadian intelligence agents.
(c) Swedish intelligence agents.
(d) French intelligence agents.
2. What was Stevenson working on to aid in code breaking?
(a) Random drums.
(b) Electronic computers.
(c) Nothing at the moment since the Enigma has been mastered.
(d) Intricate puzzles.
3. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Recruiting members.
(b) Conducting a propaganda war.
(c) Keeping supply lines open.
(d) Protecting intelligence.
4. What was a serious problem for British shipping?
(a) Age of equipment.
(b) Lack of qualified sea captains.
(c) German U-boats.
5. What was developed in 1924?
(a) The Maze.
(b) A new type of Codebreaker.
(c) The Enigma.
(d) The Mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson's London office serve as?
2. Where did Churchill make several trips while the Germans were invading?
3. What did the network of amateur Swede code breakers intercept?
4. Why couldn't Stevenson force Roosevelt's hand to declare war?
5. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)