|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many counsel tables are there at the trial?
2. Nesson says, "That would have turned the entire case around." To what is Nesson referring?
(a) Evidence linking Beatrice to Grace Chemical.
(b) Evidence that the tannery used greater amounts of TCE.
(c) Evidence that Riley had worked for Grace Chemical.
(d) Evidence linking Riley and the tannery to TCE on the 15 acres.
3. How long after the verdict in phase 1 is a settlement reached between Schlictmann and Grace Chemical?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
4. Who is the former plant engineer in charge of maintenance at the tannery who knows about the removal of waste from the 15 acres?
(a) George Jacobs.
(b) Thomas Dunn.
(c) James Carson.
(d) James Granger.
5. How much money does each family get initially in cash from the Grace settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many jurors are there for Phase One?
2. Who says "We need a vacation from these legal bills."?
3. In giving instructions to the jury, Skinner disallows any evidence prior to what date?
4. Where are the first negotiations between Schlictmann's team and Grace held in Boston?
5. What is the name of Schlictmann's expert in hydrology and groundwater movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the strategy of the defense during Phase 1 of the trial?
2. Briefly describe Skinner's ruling/report to the Court of Appeals.
3. Who is Albert Eustis and what is his role in the negotiations with Grace Chemical after the trial?
4. During Phase 1 of the trial what does Schlictmann have to prove to the jury?
5. What is Schlictmann's opinion about the Court of Appeals initial ruling?
6. What is the final settlement with Grace?
7. How does Schlictmann imagine that he would begin the Phase 2 trial?
8. Briefly describe what the Yankee Report.
9. Following the trial but before the verdict, what do Schlictmann and Nesson realize is their biggest mistake and why?
10. What is Schlictmann's goal during Phase 1?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)