|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Linda Kaplan?
(a) A juror.
(b) An expert witness.
(c) A spectator.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Where is Schlictmann when the Court of Appeals issued its decision?
(c) In his office.
3. What is the name of Schlictmann's expert in hydrology and groundwater movement?
(a) Mary Zoza.
(b) George Pinder.
(c) John Guswa.
(d) Peter Heller.
4. Who is afraid of the "shark effect"?
5. Who is Albert Eustis?
(a) Grace Chemical's General Counsel.
(b) A Harvard Law School professor.
(c) Beatrice's General council.
(d) Cheeseman's associate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Judge Skinner to make his ruling on the hearing regarding the Yankee Report?
2. Who says: "Oh, I wouldn't worry about groveling. We've already groveled plenty. Let's do something new in life."
3. Who says "A plaintiff's case depends on momentum. The fewer objections you get, the better your case will move along. Objections break up the rhythm of an examination."
4. What is referred to as the "waterworks?"
5. Who is Larry Knox?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Schlictmann conclude that Grace wants to settle?
2. What is the strategy of the defense during Phase 1 of the trial?
3. Describe reaction in Woburn to the settlement with Grace Chemical.
4. How does Schlictmann imagine that he would begin the Phase 2 trial?
5. What does Schlictmann's team decide to ask for during the first negotiations with Grace?
6. Who is Albert Eustis and what is his role in the negotiations with Grace Chemical after the trial?
7. Following the trial, what does Schlictmann's team decide to do?
8. When Schlictmann meets with the families during the negotiations with Grace following the verdict, what is the position of the families?
9. What is Judge Skinner's response to the Court of Appeals ruling?
10. Briefly describe the EPA report that is issued during the initial preparation for the Beatrice appeal involving pump tests performed a year before, even before the trial began.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)