|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Oh, I wouldn't worry about groveling. We've already groveled plenty. Let's do something new in life."
2. Who is James Quarles?
(a) A Beatrice attorney.
(b) A judge.
(c) The newest member of Facher's team.
(d) A new member of Schlictmann's team.
3. Where does Eustis take Schlictmann that has a rule that no business can be transacted there?
(a) Harvard Club.
(b) Meridian Yacht Club.
(c) Metropolitan Opera.
(d) Great Mooring Club.
4. Which member of Schlictmann's team remains pessimistic about the chances of a settlement after the team's initial discussions following the Phase 1 verdict?
5. How many specific questions does Skinner give to the jury?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the misconduct hearings, what information about the tannery does Riley admit he has at home?
2. Who is Facher's star witness?
3. Toward the middle of August, where does Eustis go?
4. How long does it take Judge Skinner to make his ruling on the hearing regarding the Yankee Report?
5. Where can Nesson work without interruptions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the initial Court of Appeals ruling.
2. What does Schlictmann's team decide to ask for during the first negotiations with Grace?
3. Following the trial but before the verdict, what do Schlictmann and Nesson realize is their biggest mistake and why?
4. What is the strategy of the defense during Phase 1 of the trial?
5. Why does Schlictmann conclude that Grace wants to settle?
6. Does Schlictmann do what he wants to do in his summation to the jury at the end of Phase 1?
7. What is the final settlement with Grace?
8. What types of questions does Judge Skinner give the jury during jury instructions?
9. What is Schlictmann's reaction to the settlement with Grace?
10. What is the "shark effect" that Eustis is worried about in giving a big settlement to Schlictmann?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)