|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Schlictmann's secretary during the Eaton discovery and trial?
(a) Mary Bolin.
(b) Karen Studebacker.
(c) Kathy Boyer.
(d) Susan Shores.
2. When do residents of east Woburn begin to complain about the water?
3. What is Joe Mulligan's favorite bar?
(a) The Tatom Bar.
(b) The Tavern.
(d) The Littlest Bar.
4. Who does Schlictmann hire to test immune systems of family members of Woburn children who have leukemia or who have died from leukemia?
(a) Dr. Paul Collins.
(b) Dr. Gary Flynn.
(c) Dr. Steven Craig.
(d) Dr. Robert Colvin.
5. When is the complaint in the Woburn case filed?
(a) March, 1982.
(b) January, 1982.
(c) May, 1982.
(d) December, 1981.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
2. In what part of the pretrial is "voir dire" involved?
3. How much is Facher's settlement offer that Schlictmann immediately rejects?
4. Who says: "Somebody who's been hurt has the sympathy of the jury. Big companies don't get that sympathy."
5. When is Woburn's first commercial enterprise built?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John J. Riley sell the tannery to Beatrice Foods?
2. Briefly describe Jerome Facher's legal qualifications.
3. Why does Cheeseman want to change the venue of the trial from state to federal court?
4. To what does the title of the chapter "Orphans and Dogs" refer?
5. Beatrice offers an $8 million settlement before trial. What two things would this settlement achieve for Schlictmann?
6. When Dr. John Truman is convinced that the number of incidents of leukemia constitute a cluster, what does he do?
7. Why did Rikki Klieman, a female lawyer, invite Schlictmann to go to Puerto Rico?
8. What information does Schlictmann learn from the deposition that put Grace in a bad light?
9. What is the basis of Schlictmann's work at Reed & Mulligan?
10. What is Neil Jacobs' conclusion after interviewing John Riley?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)