|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jan Schlictmann's first job after college?
(a) Systems analyst.
(b) Store manager.
(c) Life insurance salesman.
2. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
(a) Assistant general counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(b) General counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(d) The litigation attorney for Beatrice Foods.
3. How much do the Anderson's pay for their house in Woburn?
4. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
(a) Charles Anderson.
(b) Rev. Bruce Young.
(c) Anne Anderson.
(d) Dr. Truman.
5. Who is Shirley Conibear?
(a) A specialist in environmental and occupational medicine.
(b) A professor at Harvard.
(c) Schlictmann's secretary.
(d) A speacialist in hydrology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jimmy Anderson's doctor in Woburn?
2. How much does the jury award the Eatons for the wrongful death of their son?
3. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
4. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
5. Who says, "Through trials, society seeks not only to discover the truth about a past event, but also to forge a link between crime and punishment, between wrong and liability."
Short Essay Questions
1. Beatrice offers an $8 million settlement before trial. What two things would this settlement achieve for Schlictmann?
2. Why does Judge Skinner decide to become more involved with jury selection than is normally the case, and how is he more involved?
3. What does Schlictmann do with the money he won in the Casey case?
4. Explain in a few sentences the nature of the complaint in the Woburn case.
5. Briefly describe how Judge Skinner plans to divide the trial into phases.
6. Why does John J. Riley sell the tannery to Beatrice Foods?
7. Before trial, Facher asks for a continuance. Why is this bad for the plaintiffs?
8. When Anne Anderson begins her own investigation into the leukemia cluster, what is her initial step?
9. According to the city engineer of Woburn, what causes the foul taste and murky discoloration from Wells G and H?
10. How does Anthony Roisman become involved in the Woburn case?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)