|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "We got to prepare for phase two. We can't negotiate without being prepared. Things are not black and white."
2. What is the name of Grace Chemical's geologist expert witness?
(a) John Guswa.
(b) John Truman.
(c) John Dobrinski.
(d) John Roberts.
3. Which member of Schlictmann's team remains pessimistic about the chances of a settlement after the team's initial discussions following the Phase 1 verdict?
4. How long does it take Judge Skinner to make his ruling on the hearing regarding the Yankee Report?
(a) 7 weeks.
(b) 9 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
5. How much money does each family get initially in cash from the Grace settlement?
6. When Schlictmann losses his condominium on New Year's Day where does he move?
(a) To another condominium.
(b) To an apartment in Boston.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To his office.
7. On August 11, where does Schlictmann meet with Keating?
(a) Schlictmann's office.
(b) Coffee shop.
(c) Federal courthouse.
8. How many specific questions does Skinner give to the jury?
9. On the day the lawyers return to the courtroom to meet with Judge Skinner, Eustis is sitting in the front row of the courtroom gallery. What is he reading?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) A motion for a new trial.
(c) Court documents.
(d) A proposed settlement offer.
10. Skinner asks the jury to determine the exact years that what began?
(a) Symptons of leukemia in the children.
(c) Complaints about the water supply.
(d) Leukemia in the children.
11. Who says "We need a vacation from these legal bills."?
12. Where was Albert Eustis born?
13. After the misconduct hearings, Schlictmann says, "The man is demented." To whom is he referring?
14. Who says: "Oh, I wouldn't worry about groveling. We've already groveled plenty. Let's do something new in life."
15. Where is Schlictmann when the Court of Appeals issued its decision?
(b) In his office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among Schlictmann's team who wants to write the Beatrice appeal and make the argument?
2. How much does Schlictmann end up with from the Grace settlement after all debts and expenses are paid?
3. How late is Eustis to the first negotiations?
4. What happens to the limousine that picked the Schlictmann team up at La Guardia Airport in New York?
5. Who is Dmitri?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)