|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Schlictmann return to the families for expenses charged?
2. Where can Nesson work without interruptions?
(a) His home office.
(b) Harvard law school faculty library.
(c) The court house library.
(d) His office.
3. In giving instructions to the jury, Skinner disallows any evidence prior to what date?
4. Who is on the Schlictmann negotiating team in New York at Grace Chemical's office?
(a) Schlictmann, Conway, Crowley, and Gordon.
(b) Schlictmann, Crowley, Gordon, and Kiley.
(c) Schlictmann, Conway, Gordon, and Phillips.
(d) Schlictmann, Gordon, Phillips, and Kiley.
5. Who says "A plaintiff's case depends on momentum. The fewer objections you get, the better your case will move along. Objections break up the rhythm of an examination."
6. In Phase 1 of the trial, Schlictmann has to prove that groundwater poisoned what?
(a) The families.
(b) The Aberjona River.
(c) Wells G and H.
(d) The children with leukemia.
7. What offer does Grace Chemical make during the negotiations in New York?
(a) $18 million.
(b) $12 million.
(c) $6.6 million, take it or leave it.
(d) $8 million.
8. Where does Schlictmann's office send copies of the previous days transcript?
(b) Their New York office.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) TV stations.
9. For opening arguments, how many spectators remain seated in the court room after Judge Skinner asks those without seats to leave?
10. Where are the first negotiations between Schlictmann's team and Grace held in Boston?
(a) The judge's chambers.
(b) Schlictmann's offices.
(c) Lafayette Hotel.
(d) Four Seasons Hotel.
11. What is referred to as "Sample Z?"
(a) Contaminated samples from Well H.
(b) Drobrinski's contaminated tannery waste.
(c) Waste from the Aberjana River.
(d) Contaminated samples from Well G.
12. How many jurors are there for Phase One?
13. During the misconduct hearings who admits that s/he has a warehouse full of tannery documents?
14. Who says "We need a vacation from these legal bills."?
15. Who is James Quarles?
(a) A new member of Schlictmann's team.
(b) A judge.
(c) The newest member of Facher's team.
(d) A Beatrice attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the EPA to tell them about the new information regarding the Woburn site?
2. How much do the attorneys get in legal fees?
3. After Judge Skinner sends his report to the Court of Appeals, when does the Court of Appeals issue its ruling on the Beatrice appeal?
4. How much does Schlictmann end up with from the Grace settlement after all debts and expenses are paid?
5. How many counsel tables are there at the trial?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)