|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Schlictmann meets with his client families in his offices in August, he tells them that the most difficult thing facing the plaintiffs in the upcoming phase 2 trial is the jury asking themselves what question?
(a) How do I make a decision when I am bombarded with so much information?
(b) How do I make a decision when scientists and doctors can't agree?
(c) How do I make a decision if I can't understand all this technical stuff?
(d) How do I make an impartial decision?
2. Who is Juan Torruella?
(a) A judge on the Court of Appeals.
(b) A legal associate of Schlictmann.
(c) A friend of judge Skinner.
(d) A friend of Facher's.
3. Who says "We need a vacation from these legal bills."?
4. Who is Facher's star witness?
(a) George Haber.
(b) John Riley.
(c) Paul Shalline.
(d) Peter Doberman.
5. The EPA report that is released after the trial verdict clearly states what?
(a) The City of Woburn was responsible for the contamination in Wells G and H.
(b) Grace Chemical was responsible for the contamination in Wells G and H.
(c) Both Grace Chemical and Beatrice Foods had contaminated Wells G and H.
(d) Only Grace Chemical had contaminated Wells G and H.
6. During the misconduct hearings how many witnesses are there?
7. During the misconduct hearings, what information about the tannery does Riley admit he has at home?
(a) Chemical formula records.
(b) Time cards.
(c) Accounting records.
(d) Personnel records.
8. Why does Conway act as chauffeur to Schlictmann when he goes to do some investigations in the field?
(a) Schlictmann didn't have a car.
(b) Schlictmann's driver's license had expired.
(c) Conway was involved with the investigation.
(d) Conway knew the route.
9. Where does Schlictmann go for vacation?
(a) The Far East.
10. How long does the cross-examination of Schlictmann's geology expert take?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
11. How long does Schlictmann's geologist say that TCE had been in the soil?
(a) Since the 1800's.
(b) At least 25 years.
(c) At least 10 years.
(d) At least 50 years.
12. Who is Sandra Lynch?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A Grace lawyer.
(c) A Beatrice lawyer.
(d) An expert witness.
13. Where is Schlictmann when the Court of Appeals issued its decision?
(b) In his office.
14. Where do the second round of negotiations take place between Schlictmann's team and Grace in New York?
(a) Grace Chemical's offices.
(b) Helmsley Palace.
(c) Four Seasons Hotel.
(d) Federal Courthouse.
15. How much money does each family get initially in cash from the Grace settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Schlictmann team stay when they went to New York for the negotiations?
2. When Schlictmann's firm is in serious financial trouble right before the trial of phase 2, what excuse does Gordon use to fend off creditor West Publishing in St. Paul, Minnesota?
3. What is referred to as the "waterworks?"
4. Where was Albert Eustis born?
5. Which member of Schlictmann's team remains pessimistic about the chances of a settlement after the team's initial discussions following the Phase 1 verdict?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)