|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Schlictmann's office send copies of the previous days transcript?
(a) TV stations.
(b) The newspapers.
(d) Their New York office.
2. What happens to the limousine that picked the Schlictmann team up at La Guardia Airport in New York?
(a) It didn't arrive.
(b) It didn't have air conditioning.
(c) It took them to the wrong place.
(d) It broke down.
3. When Schlictmann losses his condominium on New Year's Day where does he move?
(a) To an apartment in Boston.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To his office.
(d) To another condominium.
4. Who is Larry Knox?
(a) An employee at the tannery.
(b) The well driller named in the Yankee Report.
(c) A Woburn city engineer who knew about the Yankee Report.
(d) An EPA manager.
5. What does Schlictmann buy at Saks Fifth Avenue in preparation for the negotiations with Grace Chemical?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A lucky tie.
(d) A suit.
6. How much does Schlictmann end up with from the Grace settlement after all debts and expenses are paid?
7. How many days after summation does the jury reach a verdict?
8. Who is Dmitri?
(a) Grace Chemical's receptionist.
(b) Schlictmann's haberdasher.
(c) Schlictmann's barber.
(d) The limousine driver.
9. Who is Sandra Lynch?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A Beatrice lawyer.
(c) An expert witness.
(d) A Grace lawyer.
10. What is the name of Grace Chemical's geologist expert witness?
(a) John Truman.
(b) John Roberts.
(c) John Guswa.
(d) John Dobrinski.
11. Among Schlictmann's team who wants to write the Beatrice appeal and make the argument?
12. Who says: "No litigant has an obligation to produce or volunteer anything that is not demanded."
(a) The Court of Appeals.
13. Why does Conway act as chauffeur to Schlictmann when he goes to do some investigations in the field?
(a) Schlictmann didn't have a car.
(b) Schlictmann's driver's license had expired.
(c) Conway was involved with the investigation.
(d) Conway knew the route.
14. When Schlictmann's firm is in serious financial trouble right before the trial of phase 2, what excuse does Gordon use to fend off creditor West Publishing in St. Paul, Minnesota?
(a) We're having a serious cash flow problem.
(b) We are bankrupt.
(c) We don't have any money.
(d) We're in the midst of a lawsuit and will pay you soon.
15. How many counsel tables are there at the trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Schlictmann: "Jack Riley and Mary Ryan may have screwed up, but the judge isn't going to give you a new trial."
2. In giving instructions to the jury, Skinner disallows any evidence prior to what date?
3. Who are Schlictmann's first witnesses?
4. How many jurors are there for Phase One?
5. Where are the first negotiations between Schlictmann's team and Grace held in Boston?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)