|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
(a) General counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(b) The litigation attorney for Beatrice Foods.
(d) Assistant general counsel of Beatrice Foods.
2. When does the Anderson's son die?
3. After the deposition process, who does Schlictmann believe is lying?
(a) Peter Walker.
(b) John Riley.
(c) Donald Fredrico.
(d) Al Love.
4. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
5. What is the length of the Statute of Limitations on personal injuries in Massachusetts?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. How old is the Anderson's son when he was diagnosed with leukemia?
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 1 year old.
(c) 3 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
7. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
(a) Eliminating specific attorney's fees.
(b) Establishing a leukemia foundation.
(c) Establishing a memorial to the leukemia victims.
(d) Spreading out the settlement over 30 years.
8. What is the amount of the counter-offer that Schlictmann makes to Beatrice Foods settlement offer the week before trial?
(a) $180 million.
(b) $20 million.
(c) $18 million.
(d) $10 million.
9. When did Rev. Bruce Young arrive in Woburn to be the minister of Woburn Trinity Episcopal Church?
10. Who files a Rule 11 charge against Schlictmann?
11. EPA's issue with the tannery involves what?
12. What is Jan Schlictmann's first job after college?
(a) Systems analyst.
(b) Life insurance salesman.
(d) Store manager.
13. How much is Facher's settlement offer that Schlictmann immediately rejects?
(a) $4 million.
(b) $1 million.
(c) $2 million.
(d) $7 million.
14. When do Charles and Anne Anderson move to Woburn?
15. Who writes "Blood: Textbook of Hematology" which has a chapter on leukemic diseases?
(a) Dr. James Jandl.
(b) Dr. Robert Truman.
(c) Dr. Joseph Cruse.
(d) Dr. Alan Levin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a pre-trial motion, Cheeseman asks that the venue be changed to where?
2. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
3. Beverly Paigen provides Schlictmann with a report on what?
4. How much does the jury award the Eatons for the wrongful death of their son?
5. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)