|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skinner's reputation as a judge?
(b) Hard to deal with.
(d) Fair but tough.
2. Who is James Gordon?
(a) A friend.
(b) Schlictmann's law partner.
(c) Schlictmann's financial adviser.
(d) A biochemist.
3. What lawyer becomes Schlictmann's assistant?
(a) Kevin Conway.
(b) George Baker.
(c) Henry Coe.
(d) John Torrence.
4. Who is Rikki Klieman?
(a) Schlictmann's assistant.
(b) A biochemist.
(c) Cheeseman's associate.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What is the name of Jimmy Anderson's doctor in Woburn?
(a) Dr. Jude.
(b) Dr. Johnson.
(c) Dr. McLean.
(d) Dr. Clark..
6. What is Jan Schlictmann's first job after college?
(a) Store manager.
(c) Systems analyst.
(d) Life insurance salesman.
7. How much does the maple conference table in Schlictmann's office cost?
8. What is Schlictmann's War Room?
(a) The conference room where he meets with the defense.
(b) The defense's office.
(c) His home.
(d) His office.
9. How much does the jury award the Eatons for the wrongful death of their son?
10. Who says, "Through trials, society seeks not only to discover the truth about a past event, but also to forge a link between crime and punishment, between wrong and liability."
11. By the fall of 1985 approximately how much has Schlictmann's firm spent on the Woburn case?
(d) $1 million.
12. Who is Patti D'Addieco?
(a) Cheeseman's assistant.
(b) An employee of Grace Chemical.
(c) A court reporter.
(d) Schlictmann's assistant.
13. What Grace Chemical supervisor has drums of TCE and other waste buried under a new addition being built?
(a) Bob Thomas.
(b) Paul Shalline.
(c) Rick Collins.
(d) Henry Wadsworth.
14. What type of case does Schlictmann win that provides him with money for the Woburn case?
(a) Medical malpractice.
(b) Toxic waste.
15. How is Judge Skinner selected for this trial?
(a) By the plaintiffs.
(b) By agreement of the parties.
(c) By lottery.
(d) By the defendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount of the counter-offer that Schlictmann makes to Beatrice Foods settlement offer the week before trial?
2. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
3. In a pre-trial motion, Cheeseman asks that the venue be changed to where?
4. Who does Facher send out to Woburn for the purpose of finding out information?
5. Who does Cheeseman implead into the case as a third defendant?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)