|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Schlichtmann first set up his own practice?
(a) Newburyport, MA.
(b) Northampton, MA.
(c) Woburn, MA.
(d) Boston, MA.
2. Who is Shirley Conibear?
(a) Schlictmann's secretary.
(b) A specialist in environmental and occupational medicine.
(c) A speacialist in hydrology.
(d) A professor at Harvard.
3. What is the name of Schlictmann's secretary during the Eaton discovery and trial?
(a) Kathy Boyer.
(b) Mary Bolin.
(c) Karen Studebacker.
(d) Susan Shores.
4. Who releases the report "Woburn: Cancer Incidence and Environmental Hazards?"
(a) The EPA.
(b) The Woburn City Council and the County Health Department.
(c) The Centers for Disease Control and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
(d) The Massachusetts Environmental Department.
5. Who is Patti D'Addieco?
(a) Cheeseman's assistant.
(b) An employee of Grace Chemical.
(c) A court reporter.
(d) Schlictmann's assistant.
6. Who says: "You're not entitled to a jury of your liking. You're only entitled to an impartial jury."?
7. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
8. Who is Rikki Klieman?
(a) Cheeseman's associate.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Schlictmann's assistant.
(d) A biochemist.
9. What Grace Chemical supervisor has drums of TCE and other waste buried under a new addition being built?
(a) Henry Wadsworth.
(b) Rick Collins.
(c) Bob Thomas.
(d) Paul Shalline.
10. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
(a) Assistant general counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(b) The litigation attorney for Beatrice Foods.
(c) General counsel of Beatrice Foods.
11. Who says, "Through trials, society seeks not only to discover the truth about a past event, but also to forge a link between crime and punishment, between wrong and liability."
12. Estimating the value of a case is somewhat like what?
(a) Fortune telling.
(b) Creating a budget.
(d) Estimating costs.
13. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
(a) Charles Ryan.
(b) Anne Anderson.
(c) Donna Robbins.
(d) Rev. Young.
14. What is barratry?
(a) The trying of a case without a jury.
(b) The solicitation of groundless lawsuits.
(c) The bribing of judges.
(d) The bringing of frivolous lawsuits.
15. After meeting with lawyers, what Grace Chemical employee says "I do believe I'm on the wrong side of this whole thing."
(a) Donald Fredrico.
(b) Paul Shalline.
(c) Al Love.
(d) Henry Freer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many peremptory challenges does each side have?
2. Who is Donald Frederico?
3. What is Skinner's reputation as a judge?
4. How much does the maple conference table in Schlictmann's office cost?
5. Who is James Gordon?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)