|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is TCE used during World War II at the tannery?
(a) To clean machinery.
(b) To cure leather.
(c) To waterproof boots.
(d) For polish in shoes.
2. What is Jan Schlictmann's first job after college?
(a) Store manager.
(b) Life insurance salesman.
(d) Systems analyst.
3. What TV show films a segment on the Woburn case?
(a) Boston News.
(b) New York Beat.
(c) 60 Minutes.
4. How many pages of interrogatories does Cheeseman receive from Schlictmann?
5. How much does the maple conference table in Schlictmann's office cost?
6. Where does Schlichtmann first set up his own practice?
(a) Woburn, MA.
(b) Northampton, MA.
(c) Newburyport, MA.
(d) Boston, MA.
7. Who said: "Being in trial . . . is like being submerged in deep water for weeks at a time. The world above becomes a faint echo."
8. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
(a) Spreading out the settlement over 30 years.
(b) Eliminating specific attorney's fees.
(c) Establishing a memorial to the leukemia victims.
(d) Establishing a leukemia foundation.
9. How far away from Boston is Woburn located?
(a) 152 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 55 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
10. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
(a) Anne Anderson.
(b) Richard Aufiero.
(c) Donna Robbins.
(d) John Lilley.
11. Who is James Gordon?
(a) Schlictmann's law partner.
(b) A friend.
(c) Schlictmann's financial adviser.
(d) A biochemist.
12. Judge Skinner has a lengthy and mutual friendship with which of the attorneys?
13. How is Judge Skinner selected for this trial?
(a) By agreement of the parties.
(b) By the defendants.
(c) By lottery.
(d) By the plaintiffs.
14. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
(a) Charles Anderson.
(b) Anne Anderson.
(c) Dr. Truman.
(d) Rev. Bruce Young.
15. Who does Facher send out to Woburn for the purpose of finding out information?
(a) Henry Conway.
(b) Neil Jacobs.
(c) Bill Crowley.
(d) John Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shirley Conibear?
2. Where does Jan Schlictmann go to law school?
3. Estimating the value of a case is somewhat like what?
4. What governmental agency orderes the discontinuation of the use of TCE in the 1970s?
5. Why does Facher initially have little concern about the Woburn lawsuit?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)