|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do residents of east Woburn begin to complain about the water?
2. Who said: "Being in trial . . . is like being submerged in deep water for weeks at a time. The world above becomes a faint echo."
3. When does the Anderson's son die?
4. In the 1970s who is the world's foremost expert in leukemia clusters?
(a) Dr. Thomas Clark.
(b) Dr. John Truman.
(c) Dr. Clark Heath.
(d) Dr. Joseph Peters.
5. Why is TCE used during World War II at the tannery?
(a) To cure leather.
(b) To waterproof boots.
(c) For polish in shoes.
(d) To clean machinery.
6. When is Woburn's first commercial enterprise built?
7. Who is Charles Nesson?
(a) An expert witness for Schlictmann.
(b) A financier.
(c) Schlictmann's friend.
(d) A Harvard law professor.
8. What is Schlictmann's War Room?
(a) His office.
(b) The defense's office.
(c) The conference room where he meets with the defense.
(d) His home.
9. When do Charles and Anne Anderson move to Woburn?
10. Who is Rikki Klieman?
(a) A biochemist.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Schlictmann's assistant.
(d) Cheeseman's associate.
11. What is the name of Donna Robbins son who is diagnosed with leukemia?
12. By the fall of 1985 approximately how much has Schlictmann's firm spent on the Woburn case?
(c) $1 million.
13. What is the name of Jimmy Anderson's doctor in Woburn?
(a) Dr. Jude.
(b) Dr. Johnson.
(c) Dr. McLean.
(d) Dr. Clark..
14. Who files a Rule 11 charge against Schlictmann?
15. Who is the manager of Riley Tannery?
(a) Robert Reed.
(b) John Riley.
(c) Henry Riley.
(d) John Cordelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting with lawyers, what Grace Chemical employee says "I do believe I'm on the wrong side of this whole thing."
2. How much do the Anderson's pay for their house in Woburn?
3. What law professor tells his class: "Some cases a lwayer can't lose. Some, maybe, he can't win. You play the hand you're dealt."
4. What law firm represents Grace Chemical Company?
5. What is the name of Schlictmann's secretary during the Eaton discovery and trial?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)