|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beverly Paigen provides Schlictmann with a report on what?
(a) Contaminants other than TCE.
(c) Wells G and H.
2. Who does Cheeseman implead into the case as a third defendant?
(c) Whitney Barrel.
(d) City of Woburn.
3. How much do the Anderson's pay for their house in Woburn?
4. What chemical is added to Wells G and H beginning in 1968?
5. How many peremptory challenges does each side have?
6. What is "Litigation Sciences?"
(a) A TV show.
(b) A book on trials.
(c) A Harvard Law School course taught by Facher.
(d) A firm specializing in jury selection.
7. What is the name of Schlictmann's secretary during the Eaton discovery and trial?
(a) Kathy Boyer.
(b) Susan Shores.
(c) Mary Bolin.
(d) Karen Studebacker.
8. What is Schlictmann's War Room?
(a) The defense's office.
(b) His office.
(c) His home.
(d) The conference room where he meets with the defense.
9. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
10. What law professor tells his class: "Some cases a lwayer can't lose. Some, maybe, he can't win. You play the hand you're dealt."
11. In the 1970s who is the world's foremost expert in leukemia clusters?
(a) Dr. Clark Heath.
(b) Dr. Joseph Peters.
(c) Dr. Thomas Clark.
(d) Dr. John Truman.
12. Who is Charles Nesson?
(a) A financier.
(b) Schlictmann's friend.
(c) A Harvard law professor.
(d) An expert witness for Schlictmann.
13. In the late 1800's what is Woburn's primary industry?
(a) Chemical companies.
14. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
(a) Establishing a leukemia foundation.
(b) Spreading out the settlement over 30 years.
(c) Eliminating specific attorney's fees.
(d) Establishing a memorial to the leukemia victims.
15. Judge Skinner has a lengthy and mutual friendship with which of the attorneys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Patti D'Addieco?
2. What Grace Chemical supervisor has drums of TCE and other waste buried under a new addition being built?
3. Where does the pre-trial settlement conference take place in Boston?
4. At a before trial settlement conference, how much does Schlictmann propose as a settlement?
5. What chemical does the state environmental department find in the water of Wells G and H?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)