|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Donald Frederico?
(a) An EPA regulator.
(b) A Grace Chemical executive.
(c) One of Cheeseman's young associates.
(d) The city engineer of Woburn.
2. In the late 1800's what is Woburn's primary industry?
(c) Chemical companies.
3. When does the Anderson's son die?
4. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
(a) Establishing a memorial to the leukemia victims.
(b) Establishing a leukemia foundation.
(c) Spreading out the settlement over 30 years.
(d) Eliminating specific attorney's fees.
5. After the deposition process, who does Schlictmann believe is lying?
(a) Peter Walker.
(b) Donald Fredrico.
(c) John Riley.
(d) Al Love.
6. Who does Schlictmann hire to test immune systems of family members of Woburn children who have leukemia or who have died from leukemia?
(a) Dr. Gary Flynn.
(b) Dr. Steven Craig.
(c) Dr. Paul Collins.
(d) Dr. Robert Colvin.
7. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
(a) Rev. Young.
(b) Anne Anderson.
(c) Donna Robbins.
(d) Charles Ryan.
8. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
(a) Dr. Truman.
(b) Rev. Bruce Young.
(c) Charles Anderson.
(d) Anne Anderson.
9. What type of case does Schlictmann win that provides him with money for the Woburn case?
(c) Medical malpractice.
(d) Toxic waste.
10. What is the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice?
(a) An organization specializing in helping the poor.
(b) A committee of the American Bar Association.
(c) A division of the Justice Department.
(d) A public interest law firm.
11. What is "Litigation Sciences?"
(a) A Harvard Law School course taught by Facher.
(b) A firm specializing in jury selection.
(c) A TV show.
(d) A book on trials.
12. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
(a) Richard Aufiero.
(b) Donna Robbins.
(c) John Lilley.
(d) Anne Anderson.
13. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
(a) Scot Anderson.
(b) Bob Thomas.
(c) John Truman.
(d) Tom Barbas.
14. Who writes "Blood: Textbook of Hematology" which has a chapter on leukemic diseases?
(a) Dr. James Jandl.
(b) Dr. Robert Truman.
(c) Dr. Alan Levin.
(d) Dr. Joseph Cruse.
15. Who is Charles Nesson?
(a) A financier.
(b) Schlictmann's friend.
(c) A Harvard law professor.
(d) An expert witness for Schlictmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Schlichtmann first set up his own practice?
2. What law firm represents Grace Chemical Company?
3. Estimating the value of a case is somewhat like what?
4. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
5. When is the complaint in the Woburn case filed?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)