|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Anderson's son when he was diagnosed with leukemia?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 3 years old.
(d) 1 year old.
2. When did Rev. Bruce Young arrive in Woburn to be the minister of Woburn Trinity Episcopal Church?
3. How is Judge Skinner selected for this trial?
(a) By agreement of the parties.
(b) By the plaintiffs.
(c) By lottery.
(d) By the defendants.
4. By the fall of 1985 approximately how much has Schlictmann's firm spent on the Woburn case?
(b) $1 million.
5. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
6. What river runs through Woburn?
(a) Aberjone River.
(b) Woburn River.
(c) Boston River.
(d) Columbus River.
7. Where does Jan Schlictmann go to law school?
(a) Cornell University.
(c) New York University.
(d) Boston University.
8. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
(a) The litigation attorney for Beatrice Foods.
(b) General counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(c) Assistant general counsel of Beatrice Foods.
9. Who does Facher send out to Woburn for the purpose of finding out information?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Henry Conway.
(c) Neil Jacobs.
(d) Bill Crowley.
10. What is barratry?
(a) The bringing of frivolous lawsuits.
(b) The bribing of judges.
(c) The solicitation of groundless lawsuits.
(d) The trying of a case without a jury.
11. Who said: "Being in trial . . . is like being submerged in deep water for weeks at a time. The world above becomes a faint echo."
12. How much does Nesson estimate that the Woburn case is worth in punitive damages?
(a) At least half a million dollars.
(b) Millions of dollars.
(c) No less than $3 million.
(d) At least $1 million.
13. Who releases the report "Woburn: Cancer Incidence and Environmental Hazards?"
(a) The Centers for Disease Control and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
(b) The Massachusetts Environmental Department.
(c) The Woburn City Council and the County Health Department.
(d) The EPA.
14. In what part of the pretrial is "voir dire" involved?
(a) Motion for change of venue.
(d) Jury selection.
15. Who files a Rule 11 charge against Schlictmann?
Short Answer Questions
1. What law firm represents Beatrice Foods?
2. Who is Rikki Klieman?
3. Why does Beatrice Foods purchase Riley Tannery?
4. In the late 1800's what is Woburn's primary industry?
5. Where does the pre-trial settlement conference take place in Boston?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)