|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shirley Conibear?
(a) A speacialist in hydrology.
(b) A professor at Harvard.
(c) A specialist in environmental and occupational medicine.
(d) Schlictmann's secretary.
2. Where does the pre-trial settlement conference take place in Boston?
(a) The judge's chambers.
(b) The Four Seasons hotel.
(c) Facher's offices.
(d) Schlictmann's offices.
3. How much do the Anderson's pay for their house in Woburn?
4. Judge Skinner has a lengthy and mutual friendship with which of the attorneys?
5. In the pre-trial publicity, which publication calls the Woburn case "a bellwether case?"
(a) The New York Times.
(c) Business Week.
(d) The Washington Post.
6. How much does Nesson estimate that the Woburn case is worth in punitive damages?
(a) Millions of dollars.
(b) At least $1 million.
(c) At least half a million dollars.
(d) No less than $3 million.
7. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
8. When does the Anderson's son die?
9. Why does Facher initially have little concern about the Woburn lawsuit?
(a) Environmental lawsuits are hard to prove.
(b) Facher knew that he could win in court over Schlictmann.
(c) Beatrice Foods had a good defense.
(d) Schlictmann had already agreed to settle early in the case.
10. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
(a) John Truman.
(b) Bob Thomas.
(c) Tom Barbas.
(d) Scot Anderson.
11. What type of case does Schlictmann win that provides him with money for the Woburn case?
(c) Toxic waste.
(d) Medical malpractice.
12. What river runs through Woburn?
(a) Boston River.
(b) Woburn River.
(c) Aberjone River.
(d) Columbus River.
13. In the late 1800's what is Woburn's primary industry?
(b) Chemical companies.
14. What is Schlictmann's War Room?
(a) The defense's office.
(b) The conference room where he meets with the defense.
(c) His home.
(d) His office.
15. What is the name of the law firm that was initially contacted about the leukemia clusters?
(a) Reed & Mulligan.
(b) Jones & Mulligan.
(c) Roisman & Mulligan.
(d) Conway & Mulligan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Donna Robbins son who is diagnosed with leukemia?
2. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
3. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
4. What is the name of Schlictmann's secretary during the Eaton discovery and trial?
5. How far away from Boston is Woburn located?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)