|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do residents of east Woburn begin to complain about the water?
2. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
3. In the late 1800's what is Woburn's primary industry?
(b) Chemical companies.
4. After meeting with lawyers, what Grace Chemical employee says "I do believe I'm on the wrong side of this whole thing."
(a) Donald Fredrico.
(b) Paul Shalline.
(c) Henry Freer.
(d) Al Love.
5. When does the Anderson's son die?
6. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
(a) Anne Anderson.
(b) Charles Ryan.
(c) Rev. Young.
(d) Donna Robbins.
7. Why does the state environmental department originally come to Woburn in 1979?
(a) To test the water in the river.
(b) To talk to the Town Council.
(c) To check some contaminated waste barrels.
(d) To check the water in Wells G and H.
8. What is the length of the Statute of Limitations on personal injuries in Massachusetts?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 1 year.
9. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
(a) Dr. Truman.
(b) Charles Anderson.
(c) Anne Anderson.
(d) Rev. Bruce Young.
10. How much does the jury award the Eatons for the wrongful death of their son?
11. Who is Shirley Conibear?
(a) A speacialist in hydrology.
(b) Schlictmann's secretary.
(c) A professor at Harvard.
(d) A specialist in environmental and occupational medicine.
12. What law professor tells his class: "Some cases a lwayer can't lose. Some, maybe, he can't win. You play the hand you're dealt."
13. How much is Facher's settlement offer that Schlictmann immediately rejects?
(a) $7 million.
(b) $4 million.
(c) $1 million.
(d) $2 million.
14. Judge Skinner has a lengthy and mutual friendship with which of the attorneys?
15. Beverly Paigen provides Schlictmann with a report on what?
(b) Wells G and H.
(c) Contaminants other than TCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the First Circuit Judicial Conference held that Schlictmann went to?
2. Where does Jan Schlictmann go to law school?
3. How old is the Anderson's son when he was diagnosed with leukemia?
4. What is the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice?
5. Where does Schlichtmann first set up his own practice?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)