|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Charles and Anne Anderson move to Woburn?
2. Who is Shirley Conibear?
(a) A specialist in environmental and occupational medicine.
(b) Schlictmann's secretary.
(c) A speacialist in hydrology.
(d) A professor at Harvard.
3. In what part of the pretrial is "voir dire" involved?
(a) Motion for change of venue.
(c) Jury selection.
4. How many peremptory challenges does each side have?
5. In the 1970s who is the world's foremost expert in leukemia clusters?
(a) Dr. Thomas Clark.
(b) Dr. John Truman.
(c) Dr. Clark Heath.
(d) Dr. Joseph Peters.
6. Who said: "Being in trial . . . is like being submerged in deep water for weeks at a time. The world above becomes a faint echo."
7. In the late 1800's what is Woburn's primary industry?
(d) Chemical companies.
8. Why is TCE used during World War II at the tannery?
(a) To cure leather.
(b) For polish in shoes.
(c) To clean machinery.
(d) To waterproof boots.
9. Who says: "Somebody who's been hurt has the sympathy of the jury. Big companies don't get that sympathy."
10. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
11. What river runs through Woburn?
(a) Aberjone River.
(b) Boston River.
(c) Columbus River.
(d) Woburn River.
12. Who is the manager of Riley Tannery?
(a) John Riley.
(b) Henry Riley.
(c) Robert Reed.
(d) John Cordelia.
13. Who is Rikki Klieman?
(a) A biochemist.
(b) Cheeseman's associate.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Schlictmann's assistant.
14. Where does Jan Schlictmann go to law school?
(a) Cornell University.
(c) Boston University.
(d) New York University.
15. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
(a) Anne Anderson.
(b) Rev. Young.
(c) Charles Ryan.
(d) Donna Robbins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chemical is added to Wells G and H beginning in 1968?
2. What is the length of the Statute of Limitations on personal injuries in Massachusetts?
3. What Grace Chemical supervisor has drums of TCE and other waste buried under a new addition being built?
4. What is the name of Donna Robbins son who is diagnosed with leukemia?
5. Where does Schlichtmann first set up his own practice?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)