|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Donald Frederico?
(a) A Grace Chemical executive.
(b) The city engineer of Woburn.
(c) An EPA regulator.
(d) One of Cheeseman's young associates.
2. Beverly Paigen provides Schlictmann with a report on what?
(a) Wells G and H.
(d) Contaminants other than TCE.
3. After the deposition process, who does Schlictmann believe is lying?
(a) Peter Walker.
(b) John Riley.
(c) Donald Fredrico.
(d) Al Love.
4. Who said: "Being in trial . . . is like being submerged in deep water for weeks at a time. The world above becomes a faint echo."
5. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
(a) Scot Anderson.
(b) John Truman.
(c) Tom Barbas.
(d) Bob Thomas.
6. What type of case does Schlictmann win that provides him with money for the Woburn case?
(a) Toxic waste.
(c) Medical malpractice.
7. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
8. In the 1970s who is the world's foremost expert in leukemia clusters?
(a) Dr. Thomas Clark.
(b) Dr. Clark Heath.
(c) Dr. Joseph Peters.
(d) Dr. John Truman.
9. What lawyer becomes Schlictmann's assistant?
(a) George Baker.
(b) John Torrence.
(c) Henry Coe.
(d) Kevin Conway.
10. Who does Cheeseman implead into the case as a third defendant?
(a) City of Woburn.
(d) Whitney Barrel.
11. What river runs through Woburn?
(a) Woburn River.
(b) Columbus River.
(c) Boston River.
(d) Aberjone River.
12. In a pre-trial motion, Cheeseman asks that the venue be changed to where?
(a) Bridgeport, Conn.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) Bangor, Maine.
13. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
(a) General counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(b) The litigation attorney for Beatrice Foods.
(d) Assistant general counsel of Beatrice Foods.
14. How far away from Boston is Woburn located?
(a) 55 miles.
(b) 152 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 12 miles.
15. Why does Roisman drop the Woburn case?
(a) Too high profile.
(b) He didn't like working with Schlictmann.
(c) Too costly.
(d) He thought he would lose the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Litigation Sciences?"
2. Where is the First Circuit Judicial Conference held that Schlictmann went to?
3. What chemical is added to Wells G and H beginning in 1968?
4. Where does the pre-trial settlement conference take place in Boston?
5. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)