Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
2. Why does Roisman drop the Woburn case?
(a) He didn't like working with Schlictmann.
(b) He thought he would lose the case.
(c) Too costly.
(d) Too high profile.
3. How is Judge Skinner selected for this trial?
(a) By lottery.
(b) By the plaintiffs.
(c) By agreement of the parties.
(d) By the defendants.
4. How much is Facher's settlement offer that Schlictmann immediately rejects?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $2 million.
(c) $4 million.
(d) $7 million.
5. In the pre-trial publicity, which publication calls the Woburn case "a bellwether case?"
(a) Business Week.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) The New York Times.
6. In a pre-trial motion, Cheeseman asks that the venue be changed to where?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Bangor, Maine.
(c) Bridgeport, Conn.
(d) New York, NY.
7. Why does Beatrice Foods purchase Riley Tannery?
(a) For investment purposes.
(b) For producing labels for some of its products.
(c) To get into the tannery business.
(d) For the property in Woburn.
8. How much does Nesson estimate that the Woburn case is worth in punitive damages?
(a) No less than $3 million.
(b) At least $1 million.
(c) Millions of dollars.
(d) At least half a million dollars.
9. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
10. Who is Donald Frederico?
(a) A Grace Chemical executive.
(b) One of Cheeseman's young associates.
(c) An EPA regulator.
(d) The city engineer of Woburn.
11. Who is James Gordon?
(a) A biochemist.
(b) A friend.
(c) Schlictmann's law partner.
(d) Schlictmann's financial adviser.
12. What TV show films a segment on the Woburn case?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(b) New York Beat.
(d) Boston News.
13. Who is Patti D'Addieco?
(a) Schlictmann's assistant.
(b) An employee of Grace Chemical.
(c) A court reporter.
(d) Cheeseman's assistant.
14. Who releases the report "Woburn: Cancer Incidence and Environmental Hazards?"
(a) The Centers for Disease Control and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
(b) The Massachusetts Environmental Department.
(c) The Woburn City Council and the County Health Department.
(d) The EPA.
15. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
(a) Donna Robbins.
(b) Richard Aufiero.
(c) Anne Anderson.
(d) John Lilley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "You're not entitled to a jury of your liking. You're only entitled to an impartial jury."?
2. Estimating the value of a case is somewhat like what?
3. How old is the Anderson's son when he was diagnosed with leukemia?
4. What is the amount of the counter-offer that Schlictmann makes to Beatrice Foods settlement offer the week before trial?
5. What law professor tells his class: "Some cases a lwayer can't lose. Some, maybe, he can't win. You play the hand you're dealt."
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)