|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Schlictmann's secretary during the Eaton discovery and trial?
(a) Susan Shores.
(b) Kathy Boyer.
(c) Karen Studebacker.
(d) Mary Bolin.
2. Who is Charles Nesson?
(a) A Harvard law professor.
(b) An expert witness for Schlictmann.
(c) Schlictmann's friend.
(d) A financier.
3. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
(a) Rev. Young.
(b) Donna Robbins.
(c) Charles Ryan.
(d) Anne Anderson.
4. How many pages of interrogatories does Cheeseman receive from Schlictmann?
5. Who is Donald Frederico?
(a) A Grace Chemical executive.
(b) One of Cheeseman's young associates.
(c) The city engineer of Woburn.
(d) An EPA regulator.
6. Who writes "Blood: Textbook of Hematology" which has a chapter on leukemic diseases?
(a) Dr. Joseph Cruse.
(b) Dr. Robert Truman.
(c) Dr. Alan Levin.
(d) Dr. James Jandl.
7. Who does Schlictmann hire to test immune systems of family members of Woburn children who have leukemia or who have died from leukemia?
(a) Dr. Paul Collins.
(b) Dr. Robert Colvin.
(c) Dr. Steven Craig.
(d) Dr. Gary Flynn.
8. Where is the First Circuit Judicial Conference held that Schlictmann went to?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) San Juan.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
9. What law firm represents Grace Chemical Company?
(a) Foley, Hoag, and Eliot.
(b) Schlictmann and Conway.
(c) Mason and Dunn.
(d) Hale and Door.
10. What law professor tells his class: "Some cases a lwayer can't lose. Some, maybe, he can't win. You play the hand you're dealt."
11. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
(a) Anne Anderson.
(b) Richard Aufiero.
(c) John Lilley.
(d) Donna Robbins.
12. Who says: "Somebody who's been hurt has the sympathy of the jury. Big companies don't get that sympathy."
13. What is barratry?
(a) The bringing of frivolous lawsuits.
(b) The solicitation of groundless lawsuits.
(c) The trying of a case without a jury.
(d) The bribing of judges.
14. Who is Tom Kiley?
(a) Schlictmann's banker.
(b) Schlictmann's assistant.
(c) Schlictmann's friend.
(d) An expert witness for Schlictmann.
15. After the deposition process, who does Schlictmann believe is lying?
(a) Peter Walker.
(b) John Riley.
(c) Donald Fredrico.
(d) Al Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the law firm that was initially contacted about the leukemia clusters?
2. What river runs through Woburn?
3. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
4. Who says, "Through trials, society seeks not only to discover the truth about a past event, but also to forge a link between crime and punishment, between wrong and liability."
5. Where does Schlichtmann first set up his own practice?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)