|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tom Kiley?
(a) Schlictmann's banker.
(b) Schlictmann's friend.
(c) An expert witness for Schlictmann.
(d) Schlictmann's assistant.
2. Who says: "Somebody who's been hurt has the sympathy of the jury. Big companies don't get that sympathy."
3. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
4. What type of case does Schlictmann win that provides him with money for the Woburn case?
(b) Medical malpractice.
(c) Toxic waste.
5. What is the length of the Statute of Limitations on personal injuries in Massachusetts?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
6. How many peremptory challenges does each side have?
7. Where is the First Circuit Judicial Conference held that Schlictmann went to?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) San Juan.
(d) San Francisco.
8. When is Woburn's first commercial enterprise built?
9. The week before trial, how much is the settlement offer made by Neil Jacobs for Beatrice Foods?
(a) $3 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $8 million.
10. What is Schlictmann's War Room?
(a) His home.
(b) The conference room where he meets with the defense.
(c) The defense's office.
(d) His office.
11. What law professor tells his class: "Some cases a lwayer can't lose. Some, maybe, he can't win. You play the hand you're dealt."
12. How much is Facher's settlement offer that Schlictmann immediately rejects?
(a) $4 million.
(b) $2 million.
(c) $7 million.
(d) $1 million.
13. By the fall of 1985 approximately how much has Schlictmann's firm spent on the Woburn case?
(d) $1 million.
14. What chemical does the state environmental department find in the water of Wells G and H?
15. Where does Jan Schlictmann go to law school?
(a) Boston University.
(b) Cornell University.
(c) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the complaint in the Woburn case filed?
2. When do Charles and Anne Anderson move to Woburn?
3. What is the name of the law firm that was initially contacted about the leukemia clusters?
4. When do residents of east Woburn begin to complain about the water?
5. Who is James Gordon?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)