|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Anderson's son when he was diagnosed with leukemia?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 1 year old.
(c) 3 years old.
(d) 2 years old.
2. Who is Donald Frederico?
(a) A Grace Chemical executive.
(b) One of Cheeseman's young associates.
(c) The city engineer of Woburn.
(d) An EPA regulator.
3. Who is James Gordon?
(a) Schlictmann's law partner.
(b) Schlictmann's financial adviser.
(c) A biochemist.
(d) A friend.
4. What law professor tells his class: "Some cases a lwayer can't lose. Some, maybe, he can't win. You play the hand you're dealt."
5. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
6. What is the length of the Statute of Limitations on personal injuries in Massachusetts?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
7. Who does Schlictmann hire to test immune systems of family members of Woburn children who have leukemia or who have died from leukemia?
(a) Dr. Gary Flynn.
(b) Dr. Robert Colvin.
(c) Dr. Steven Craig.
(d) Dr. Paul Collins.
8. When is the complaint in the Woburn case filed?
(a) December, 1981.
(b) May, 1982.
(c) January, 1982.
(d) March, 1982.
9. How much does the maple conference table in Schlictmann's office cost?
10. How much is Facher's settlement offer that Schlictmann immediately rejects?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $4 million.
(c) $7 million.
(d) $2 million.
11. In what part of the pretrial is "voir dire" involved?
(b) Jury selection.
(c) Motion for change of venue.
12. What type of case does Schlictmann win that provides him with money for the Woburn case?
(a) Medical malpractice.
(b) Toxic waste.
13. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
(a) Tom Barbas.
(b) Bob Thomas.
(c) John Truman.
(d) Scot Anderson.
14. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
(a) Rev. Bruce Young.
(b) Dr. Truman.
(c) Anne Anderson.
(d) Charles Anderson.
15. Who is Rikki Klieman?
(a) A biochemist.
(b) Schlictmann's assistant.
(c) Cheeseman's associate.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tom Kiley?
2. What lawyer becomes Schlictmann's assistant?
3. What is "Litigation Sciences?"
4. What chemical does the state environmental department find in the water of Wells G and H?
5. What is Skinner's reputation as a judge?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)