|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages of interrogatories does Cheeseman receive from Schlictmann?
2. What Grace Chemical supervisor has drums of TCE and other waste buried under a new addition being built?
(a) Bob Thomas.
(b) Paul Shalline.
(c) Rick Collins.
(d) Henry Wadsworth.
3. In what part of the pretrial is "voir dire" involved?
(c) Motion for change of venue.
(d) Jury selection.
4. In the late 1800's what is Woburn's primary industry?
(d) Chemical companies.
5. What is the amount of the counter-offer that Schlictmann makes to Beatrice Foods settlement offer the week before trial?
(a) $18 million.
(b) $20 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $180 million.
6. What TV show films a segment on the Woburn case?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(c) Boston News.
(d) New York Beat.
7. Judge Skinner has a lengthy and mutual friendship with which of the attorneys?
8. What is Schlictmann's War Room?
(a) His office.
(b) His home.
(c) The conference room where he meets with the defense.
(d) The defense's office.
9. What is "Litigation Sciences?"
(a) A firm specializing in jury selection.
(b) A TV show.
(c) A book on trials.
(d) A Harvard Law School course taught by Facher.
10. In the 1970s who is the world's foremost expert in leukemia clusters?
(a) Dr. Thomas Clark.
(b) Dr. Joseph Peters.
(c) Dr. John Truman.
(d) Dr. Clark Heath.
11. What is the name of Donna Robbins son who is diagnosed with leukemia?
12. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
(a) Charles Ryan.
(b) Rev. Young.
(c) Anne Anderson.
(d) Donna Robbins.
13. What is the length of the Statute of Limitations on personal injuries in Massachusetts?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
14. At a before trial settlement conference, how much does Schlictmann propose as a settlement?
(a) $75 million.
(b) $25 million.
(c) $5 million.
(d) $175 million.
15. Who does Facher send out to Woburn for the purpose of finding out information?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Henry Conway.
(c) Neil Jacobs.
(d) Bill Crowley.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a pre-trial motion, Cheeseman asks that the venue be changed to where?
2. Who says: "Frankly, I'm in this for the punitive damages."
3. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
4. In the pre-trial publicity, which publication calls the Woburn case "a bellwether case?"
5. Who says: "You're not entitled to a jury of your liking. You're only entitled to an impartial jury."?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)