|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many peremptory challenges does each side have?
2. What is the name of the law firm that was initially contacted about the leukemia clusters?
(a) Reed & Mulligan.
(b) Conway & Mulligan.
(c) Jones & Mulligan.
(d) Roisman & Mulligan.
3. How much does Nesson estimate that the Woburn case is worth in punitive damages?
(a) At least half a million dollars.
(b) At least $1 million.
(c) Millions of dollars.
(d) No less than $3 million.
4. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
(a) Rev. Bruce Young.
(b) Dr. Truman.
(c) Charles Anderson.
(d) Anne Anderson.
5. Beverly Paigen provides Schlictmann with a report on what?
(b) Wells G and H.
(c) Contaminants other than TCE.
6. What is the name of Jimmy Anderson's doctor in Woburn?
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) Dr. Clark..
(c) Dr. McLean.
(d) Dr. Jude.
7. Who is Rikki Klieman?
(a) Schlictmann's assistant.
(b) Cheeseman's associate.
(c) A biochemist.
(d) A lawyer.
8. What TV show films a segment on the Woburn case?
(a) Boston News.
(b) New York Beat.
(d) 60 Minutes.
9. When is Woburn's first commercial enterprise built?
10. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
(a) Tom Barbas.
(b) Bob Thomas.
(c) Scot Anderson.
(d) John Truman.
11. Where does Schlichtmann first set up his own practice?
(a) Woburn, MA.
(b) Northampton, MA.
(c) Newburyport, MA.
(d) Boston, MA.
12. In the 1970s who is the world's foremost expert in leukemia clusters?
(a) Dr. John Truman.
(b) Dr. Clark Heath.
(c) Dr. Joseph Peters.
(d) Dr. Thomas Clark.
13. Who is Patti D'Addieco?
(a) A court reporter.
(b) An employee of Grace Chemical.
(c) Cheeseman's assistant.
(d) Schlictmann's assistant.
14. At a before trial settlement conference, how much does Schlictmann propose as a settlement?
(a) $175 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $25 million.
(d) $75 million.
15. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
(a) Richard Aufiero.
(b) John Lilley.
(c) Anne Anderson.
(d) Donna Robbins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice?
2. When do Charles and Anne Anderson move to Woburn?
3. By the fall of 1985 approximately how much has Schlictmann's firm spent on the Woburn case?
4. Where does the pre-trial settlement conference take place in Boston?
5. In what part of the pretrial is "voir dire" involved?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)