|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governmental agency orderes the discontinuation of the use of TCE in the 1970s?
(b) Massachusetts Agency of Contamination.
2. Who writes a letter for publication in the Woburn Daily Times asking for parents with children who have been diagnosed with leukemia to meet?
(a) Anne Anderson.
(b) Donna Robbins.
(c) Rev. Young.
(d) Charles Ryan.
3. How is Judge Skinner selected for this trial?
(a) By the plaintiffs.
(b) By lottery.
(c) By agreement of the parties.
(d) By the defendants.
4. What Grace Chemical supervisor has drums of TCE and other waste buried under a new addition being built?
(a) Bob Thomas.
(b) Rick Collins.
(c) Paul Shalline.
(d) Henry Wadsworth.
5. What TV show films a segment on the Woburn case?
(b) 60 Minutes.
(c) Boston News.
(d) New York Beat.
6. Who does Cheeseman implead into the case as a third defendant?
(c) City of Woburn.
(d) Whitney Barrel.
7. Who is Tom Neville?
(a) Schlictmann's associate.
(b) Conway's lawyer friend.
(c) An expert witness.
(d) Facher's associate.
8. Who is Patti D'Addieco?
(a) Cheeseman's assistant.
(b) A court reporter.
(c) An employee of Grace Chemical.
(d) Schlictmann's assistant.
9. Who said: "Being in trial . . . is like being submerged in deep water for weeks at a time. The world above becomes a faint echo."
10. When is Woburn's first commercial enterprise built?
11. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
(a) Spreading out the settlement over 30 years.
(b) Establishing a memorial to the leukemia victims.
(c) Establishing a leukemia foundation.
(d) Eliminating specific attorney's fees.
12. Who is the manager of Riley Tannery?
(a) Robert Reed.
(b) John Riley.
(c) John Cordelia.
(d) Henry Riley.
13. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
(a) The litigation attorney for Beatrice Foods.
(c) General counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(d) Assistant general counsel of Beatrice Foods.
14. Who does Schlictmann hire to test immune systems of family members of Woburn children who have leukemia or who have died from leukemia?
(a) Dr. Robert Colvin.
(b) Dr. Steven Craig.
(c) Dr. Paul Collins.
(d) Dr. Gary Flynn.
15. Who says: "Somebody who's been hurt has the sympathy of the jury. Big companies don't get that sympathy."
Short Answer Questions
1. What chemical does the state environmental department find in the water of Wells G and H?
2. Who is Shirley Conibear?
3. How much is Facher's settlement offer that Schlictmann immediately rejects?
4. Who is the first person who contacted the Atlanta Center for Disease Control about Woburn's leukemia cluster?
5. Who is James Gordon?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)