|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tom Neville?
(a) Facher's associate.
(b) An expert witness.
(c) Conway's lawyer friend.
(d) Schlictmann's associate.
2. Who writes "Blood: Textbook of Hematology" which has a chapter on leukemic diseases?
(a) Dr. Alan Levin.
(b) Dr. James Jandl.
(c) Dr. Robert Truman.
(d) Dr. Joseph Cruse.
3. What type of case does Schlictmann win that provides him with money for the Woburn case?
(a) Medical malpractice.
(c) Toxic waste.
4. How far away from Boston is Woburn located?
(a) 55 miles.
(b) 152 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 12 miles.
5. What part of Schlictmann's pre-trial settlement offer is meant to appeal to Judge Skinner?
(a) Spreading out the settlement over 30 years.
(b) Establishing a memorial to the leukemia victims.
(c) Establishing a leukemia foundation.
(d) Eliminating specific attorney's fees.
6. Who is the first woburn plaintiff called for deposition by the defendants?
(a) Richard Aufiero.
(b) Anne Anderson.
(c) Donna Robbins.
(d) John Lilley.
7. By the fall of 1985 approximately how much has Schlictmann's firm spent on the Woburn case?
(a) $1 million.
8. Beverly Paigen provides Schlictmann with a report on what?
(c) Wells G and H.
(d) Contaminants other than TCE.
9. How is Judge Skinner selected for this trial?
(a) By the defendants.
(b) By the plaintiffs.
(c) By agreement of the parties.
(d) By lottery.
10. What is barratry?
(a) The trying of a case without a jury.
(b) The solicitation of groundless lawsuits.
(c) The bringing of frivolous lawsuits.
(d) The bribing of judges.
11. What lawyer becomes Schlictmann's assistant?
(a) Kevin Conway.
(b) John Torrence.
(c) George Baker.
(d) Henry Coe.
12. How much do the Anderson's pay for their house in Woburn?
13. Who sends the Woburn case to Jerome Facher?
(a) The litigation attorney for Beatrice Foods.
(c) Assistant general counsel of Beatrice Foods.
(d) General counsel of Beatrice Foods.
14. How much is Schlictmann's standard payment for his first consultation with an expert witness?
15. After the deposition process, who does Schlictmann believe is lying?
(a) Donald Fredrico.
(b) Al Love.
(c) John Riley.
(d) Peter Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rikki Klieman?
2. What is the amount of the counter-offer that Schlictmann makes to Beatrice Foods settlement offer the week before trial?
3. Where is the First Circuit Judicial Conference held that Schlictmann went to?
4. Who says: "You're not entitled to a jury of your liking. You're only entitled to an impartial jury."?
5. In a pre-trial motion, Cheeseman asks that the venue be changed to where?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)