|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Charles and Anne Anderson move to Woburn?
2. Who is the manager of Riley Tannery?
(a) Robert Reed.
(b) Henry Riley.
(c) John Cordelia.
(d) John Riley.
3. What Grace Chemical supervisor has drums of TCE and other waste buried under a new addition being built?
(a) Henry Wadsworth.
(b) Paul Shalline.
(c) Rick Collins.
(d) Bob Thomas.
4. After the deposition process, who does Schlictmann believe is lying?
(a) Al Love.
(b) John Riley.
(c) Donald Fredrico.
(d) Peter Walker.
5. Who releases the report "Woburn: Cancer Incidence and Environmental Hazards?"
(a) The Massachusetts Environmental Department.
(b) The EPA.
(c) The Woburn City Council and the County Health Department.
(d) The Centers for Disease Control and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
6. When does the Anderson's son die?
7. What is the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice?
(a) An organization specializing in helping the poor.
(b) A public interest law firm.
(c) A committee of the American Bar Association.
(d) A division of the Justice Department.
8. In the pre-trial publicity, which publication calls the Woburn case "a bellwether case?"
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The New York Times.
(d) Business Week.
9. Who is Patti D'Addieco?
(a) Cheeseman's assistant.
(b) An employee of Grace Chemical.
(c) Schlictmann's assistant.
(d) A court reporter.
10. Who writes "Blood: Textbook of Hematology" which has a chapter on leukemic diseases?
(a) Dr. Robert Truman.
(b) Dr. Alan Levin.
(c) Dr. James Jandl.
(d) Dr. Joseph Cruse.
11. What chemical is added to Wells G and H beginning in 1968?
12. In what part of the pretrial is "voir dire" involved?
(c) Jury selection.
(d) Motion for change of venue.
13. Who says: "You're not entitled to a jury of your liking. You're only entitled to an impartial jury."?
14. How much does the maple conference table in Schlictmann's office cost?
15. How many peremptory challenges does each side have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What law firm represents Grace Chemical Company?
2. Who is the Grace Chemical employee who admits using TCE and dumping it at the back of the plant?
3. When is Woburn's first commercial enterprise built?
4. What is the length of the Statute of Limitations on personal injuries in Massachusetts?
5. What is the name of Schlictmann's secretary during the Eaton discovery and trial?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)