|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein signed a letter to what President urging him to take discovery of the nuclear bomb seriously?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
2. What church panel was Galileo brought before?
(a) The Censors.
(b) The Crusade.
(c) The Seekers.
(d) The Inquisition.
3. Which of the following is not an arrow of time recognized by Hawking's book?
4. According to Hawking, when the universe has lost all order, life will be what?
5. The laws of science that govern the behavior of matter under all normal situations say that under the combination of the two operations C and P, what happens?
(a) Situations happen with predictablity.
(b) Situations are unchanged.
(c) Situational principles must be tested.
(d) Situations are reversed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of numbers can be used to run time backwards?
2. What is the purpose of an arrow of time?
3. What is another name for combination of operations?
4. What does Hawking say math is useful for?
5. Some particles might match up with their anti-particles at what point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mathematical problem regarding the origination of the universe?
2. What are the three possibilities Hawking sees for the unification of physics theory?
3. What does a weak form of the anthropic principle hold for the view of the universe?
4. If quantum mechanics is used, then the universe has always done what?
5. Hawking considers Galileo to be what?
6. Einstein preferred what over the fleeting nature of politics?
7. What punishment did the Inquisition order for Galileo?
8. What is Einstein's general theory of relativity's famous equation?
9. Real time is described in math using what?
10. Why do physicists want to detect black holes?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)