|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only constant in the universe is what?
(a) The speed of light.
(c) The speed of sound.
2. Light moves along what sort of lines?
3. In what year did Stephen Hawking enter the Royal Society of London?
4. What is one of the colors of quarks?
5. In what year did Edwin Hubble discover galaxies outside of our own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a neutron star?
2. What is one of the categories of force-carrying virtual protons?
3. The disease Stephen Hawking has affects what?
4. Who proposed the idea that there are such things called quanta?
5. Scientists try to create explanations for the way the universe works that always do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some characteristics of a black hole?
2. What happens at the event horizon of a black hole?
3. What model of the atom persisted until the 1960's?
4. According to Carl Sagan, what prompts children to ask seemingly unanswerable questions?
5. In 1687 Newton published mathematical formulas that do what?
6. What do religious explanations to fundamental questions of the universe reveal?
7. Why do scientists think that there is a black hole in the star system Cygnus X-1?
8. What stops quantum mechanics from explaining everything in the universe?
9. What is the relationship between quantum mechanics and predictions?
10. What is the difference between the Aristotelian approach to science and Galileo's approach?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)