|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Isaac Newton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hawking, when the universe has lost all order, life will be what?
2. The manuscript of Galileo's second major book was smuggled to a publisher located where?
3. Einstein said that politics are for the present but equations are for how long?
(b) Longer than politics.
4. What is one of Hawking's three possibilities for the unification of physics theory?
(a) That the theories will be united when gravity is no longer a constant.
(b) That string theory will ultimately prevail.
(c) There will never be unification because we don't understand everything.
(d) No theory of the universe is possible at all.
5. What is the purpose of an arrow of time?
(a) To indicate how far time must move.
(b) To give direction to time.
(c) To indicate how much time has passed.
(d) To indicate how fast time moves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hawking used what kind of space-time to reach the conclusion that the universe is similar to a sphere?
2. Superstring theory lacks what kind of evidence?
3. What does the P stand for in combinations of operations?
4. Gamma ray detection might be able to be used to detect what?
5. Why did the Christian church adopt Ptolemy's view of the universe?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)