|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Isaac Newton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scientists start their understanding of the universe with what?
(a) Observations and mathematics.
(b) A theory.
2. Aristotle and who believed that time is not absolute?
3. In the universe, objects move in what type of direction?
(a) In curved lines.
(b) In waves.
(c) In straight lines.
(d) In circular motions.
4. Philosophers try to understand the universe using what method?
(a) Religious reasoning.
(b) Disciplined logic.
(d) Circular arguments.
5. Who said, "God does not play dice."
(a) Werner Heisenberg.
(b) Erwin Schrodinger.
(c) Max Plank.
(d) Albert Einstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. For satellites orbiting the earth, time does what in relation to the ground of the earth?
2. What is another name for a neutron star?
3. A possible solution to combining general relativity and the uncertainty principle is what?
4. When Hitler came to power, where was Einstein?
5. Who said, "Physics as we know it will be over in six months."
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)