|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Isaac Newton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an observer's velocity comes close to the speed of light, the observer's mass does what?
(a) Increases to almost infinity.
(b) Stays the same.
(c) Covers more space.
(d) Decreases to almost nothing.
2. A black hole has zero what?
(a) Volume and surface area.
3. What travels at the speed of 186,000 miles per second?
4. What church panel was Galileo brought before?
(a) The Crusade.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Seekers.
(d) The Censors.
5. The distance light travels in an earth year is called what?
(a) Light speed.
(b) Light time.
(c) Light distance.
(d) A light year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hawking is what type of physicist?
2. When Hitler came to power, where was Einstein?
3. What is the fate of black holes according to Hawking's model of the universe?
4. The uncertainty principle says that certain pairs of quantities (like position and velocity of a particle) cannot be determined with what?
5. What star system has a fairly certain black hole?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)