|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Elementary Particles and the Forces of Nature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle and who believed that time is not absolute?
2. Who proposed the idea that there are such things called quanta?
(a) Roger Primrose.
(b) Stephen Hawking.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Max Plank.
3. Aristotle thought that the Earth was what?
(b) Bigger than the sun.
(c) In orbit around the sun.
(d) Its own galaxy.
4. Why do the theories of quantum mechanics and general relativity need to be unified?
(a) To accurately describe future events.
(b) To accurately describe the fate of the universe.
(c) To accurately describe the very small and the very large.
(d) To accurately calculate observations.
5. Light moves along what sort of lines?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephen Hawking has what disease?
2. What is one of the varieties of quarks?
3. Scientists try to create explanations for the way the universe works that always do what?
4. Which virtual particle carries the electromagnetic force?
5. Hawking co-authored a paper in what year that explains the big bang theory?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)