|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Elementary Particles and the Forces of Nature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the colors of quarks?
2. The idea of the big bang arises from what phenomena?
(a) The decreasing universe.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) The theory of light.
(d) The expanding universe.
3. How far away is our sun from the earth in terms of light?
(a) 8 light months.
(b) 9 light minutes.
(c) 8 light minutes.
(d) 9 light months.
4. From what location was the Introduction written?
(a) Ithaca, CA
(b) Ithaca, NJ
(c) Ithaca, NY
(d) Ithaca, AZ
5. What theory best describes the singularities of black holes and big bangs?
(a) Theory of everything.
(b) Theory of relativity.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Molecular engineering.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Wolfgang Pauli bring the exclusion principle to physics?
2. Why do the theories of quantum mechanics and general relativity need to be unified?
3. A black hole has zero what?
4. Who said, "God does not play dice."
5. Aristotle and who believed that time is not absolute?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)