|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will and Cheryl's plane departure delayed?
(a) There is a terrible thunder-storm.
(b) The military is running drills.
(c) There is traffic-jam on the way to the airport.
(d) They miss their original flight.
2. After Abby is discovered by Huey after she ran away, where is she taken?
(a) To the hotel where Will is staying.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To the cabin.
(d) Back home.
3. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
(a) Hickey is seeking revenge on Will.
(b) The Jennings' family wealth contributed to the decision.
(c) She refuses to answer.
(d) She insists that it nothing personal.
4. How much money does Will try to give to Cheryl in a last attempt to receive her help?
5. How many more kidnappings does Hickey plan to perform after his current one?
(b) 1 until he receives enough money to move to his ranch.
(c) 5 more.
(d) 1 each year until he is caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cheryl feel after Will informs her that her past life was very much like prostitution?
2. Who does Will meet at the manager's office at the bank?
3. Who is the trunk of the car that Hickey is driving away from the airport?
4. Where do Karen and Hickey get dressed to go in the morning after the kidnapping occurs?
5. What signal does Will give to Abby to let her know that it is him in the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
2. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
3. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
4. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
5. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
6. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
7. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
8. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
9. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
10. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)