|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He ties her up to a chair.
(c) He shoots her in the abdomen.
(d) He threatens to kill her.
2. What information leads to the eventual FBI knowledge that a kidnapping is actually occurring?
(a) The local police found the child.
(b) Will was able to contact the FBI.
(c) The phone company notified the FBI of the kidnapping.
(d) A bellboy identified Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
3. Who is the first character which Hickey shoots?
(a) Stephanie Morgan.
(d) Dr. McDill.
4. Hickey tells Karen about a ranch he bought where?
(b) Costa Rica.
(d) North Dakota.
5. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
(a) The Jennings' family wealth contributed to the decision.
(b) She insists that it nothing personal.
(c) Hickey is seeking revenge on Will.
(d) She refuses to answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
2. Who is the trunk of the car that Hickey is driving away from the airport?
3. What happens to Huey's car that slows his and Abby's progress?
4. After Abby is discovered by Huey after she ran away, where is she taken?
5. Abby is beginning to become ill because she ate what substance that Huey allowed her have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
2. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
3. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
4. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
5. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
6. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
7. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
8. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
10. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)