|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will and Cheryl's plane departure delayed?
(a) They miss their original flight.
(b) There is traffic-jam on the way to the airport.
(c) The military is running drills.
(d) There is a terrible thunder-storm.
2. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(c) An omelet.
3. What does Will insist on taking with him into the bank?
(a) His ID.
(b) His gun.
(c) His wallet.
(d) The car keys and cell phone.
4. Where does Hickey plan to take Karen first in order to get the police off their trail?
(a) A motel.
(b) To meet Will and Cheryl.
(c) The airport.
(d) The bus station.
5. At the broker's office, what does Karen do?
(a) She gets the broker to call the police.
(b) She does exactly what she is told.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She tells the broker not to give Hickey the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hickey doing when Karen receives Will's message?
2. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
3. Will is disappointed about what event at the bank?
4. Hickey tells Karen about a ranch he bought where?
5. What happens to Huey's car that slows his and Abby's progress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
2. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
3. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
4. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
5. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
6. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
7. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
8. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
9. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
10. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)