|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees the plane land and knows instantly that it is Will?
(d) The FBI.
2. Karen grabs the wheel of Hickey's car in order to cause what result as Will is trying to rescue his family?
(a) To run off the road.
(b) To cause an accident.
(c) Stop Hickey from driving so quickly.
(d) To hit the plane.
3. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
(a) Hickey is seeking revenge on Will.
(b) The Jennings' family wealth contributed to the decision.
(c) She insists that it nothing personal.
(d) She refuses to answer.
4. Who does Will meet at the manager's office at the bank?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Dr. McDill.
(d) Special Agent Chalmers.
5. What important information does Karen learn about Hickey's motive for the kidnapping?
(a) Will owes him money from a former bet.
(b) He blames Will for his son's death.
(c) Hickey's only motive is money.
(d) He blames Will for his mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will attempt, at first, to get Cheryl to relax as he tries to get information about Hickey's motives?
2. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
3. How many more kidnappings does Hickey plan to perform after his current one?
4. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
5. What does Cheryl offer to Will to help him relax while in the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
2. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
3. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
4. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
5. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
6. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
7. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
8. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
9. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)