|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the broker's office, what does Karen do?
(a) She does exactly what she is told.
(b) She tells the broker not to give Hickey the money.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She gets the broker to call the police.
2. What does Huey make for Abby as a toy?
(a) A figurine.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A doll.
(d) A game.
3. When Hickey calls 911, what information does he learn?
(a) He is not able to call 911.
(b) The police have already rescued Abby.
(c) Someone else has already called 911.
(d) The police do not believe his story.
4. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
(a) She insists that it nothing personal.
(b) The Jennings' family wealth contributed to the decision.
(c) Hickey is seeking revenge on Will.
(d) She refuses to answer.
5. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
(a) She and Will are at a bar in Biloxi.
(b) She just dropped Will off at the hotel.
(c) She and Will are driving back to the hotel.
(d) She and Will are gambling at the hotel casino.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the FBI look for quietly at Beau Rivage to receive proof that the crime is really happening again?
2. Dr. McDill identifies a security photo of Cheryl taken from where?
3. What did Cheryl and Hickey do to the past men in Cheryl's life?
4. What game does Abby convince Huey to play with her while in the cabin?
5. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
2. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
3. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
4. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
5. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
6. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
7. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
8. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
9. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
10. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)