|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hickey tell Will to stay after Hickey discovers how the FBI got their information about the kidnapping?
(a) In the cabin.
(b) Back at the Jenning's home.
(c) In his hotel room.
(d) In the casino.
2. When Hickey calls 911, what information does he learn?
(a) Someone else has already called 911.
(b) The police have already rescued Abby.
(c) The police do not believe his story.
(d) He is not able to call 911.
3. Who does Karen call to inform that Abby is in danger no matter what after she learns of Hickey's plans for revenge?
(a) The FBI.
(d) Dr. McDill.
4. In Hickey's scheme, what information does Cheryl confess to Will is different this time from all the other kidnappings?
(a) Hickey has never had a family fight back like the Jennings.
(b) Hickey has never kidnapped a female child.
(c) Will is not able to communicate with Hickey or Huey.
(d) Cheryl is supposed to take Will to the ransom drop.
5. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
(a) He sleeps with her.
(b) He forces her to talk while at gunpoint.
(c) He ties her up and drugs her.
(d) He threatens to murder her after Abby is returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. While flying the plane, Hickey calls Cheryl's phone, and what does Will do to keep Hickey from knowing where they are?
2. What is Hickey doing when Karen receives Will's message?
3. Huey calls Hickey from the cabin and tells him that he heard what outside?
4. What does Huey make for Abby as a toy?
5. Who sees the plane land and knows instantly that it is Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
2. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
3. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
4. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
5. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
7. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
8. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
9. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
10. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)