|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hickey tells Karen about a ranch he bought where?
(a) Costa Rica.
(d) North Dakota.
2. At the police station, who does Dr. McDill recognize in a photo?
3. When Hickey calls Cheryl, after she gave all known information to Will, what is Cheryl's next response?
(a) She tells him that Will is hurting her.
(b) She tells him to go ahead and kill Abby.
(c) She convinces him that everything is normal.
(d) She tells him Will raped her.
4. Where do Karen and Hickey get dressed to go in the morning after the kidnapping occurs?
(a) To the local police station to report the kidnapping.
(b) To the airport to meet Will and Cheryl.
(c) The accountant's office to approve the money transfer.
(d) To the cabin where Abby and Huey are.
5. Where does Hickey shoot Karen?
(a) In the abdomen.
(b) In the hand.
(c) He doesn't shoot her.
(d) In the foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
2. Dr. McDill identifies a security photo of Cheryl taken from where?
3. Abby is beginning to become ill because she ate what substance that Huey allowed her have?
4. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
5. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
2. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
3. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
4. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
5. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
6. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
7. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
8. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
9. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
10. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)