|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Huey calls Hickey from the cabin and tells him that he heard what outside?
(a) Police Sirens.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) Search canines.
(d) Gun shots.
2. What will be the worst result of Cheryl's possible non-recovery from Will's forceful actions?
(a) Karen would die.
(b) The FBI will go after Will.
(c) The money could be transferred.
(d) Abby would die.
3. Karen grabs the wheel of Hickey's car in order to cause what result as Will is trying to rescue his family?
(a) To hit the plane.
(b) Stop Hickey from driving so quickly.
(c) To cause an accident.
(d) To run off the road.
4. Where does Will attempt to land the plane, as he tries to rescue his family?
(a) Next to Huey's car.
(b) Close to the cabin where Abby is.
(c) In front of Huey's car.
(d) Close to Hickey and Karen.
5. What happens to Huey's car that slows his and Abby's progress?
(a) He gets a flat tire.
(b) He runs out of gas.
(c) The battery dies.
(d) He gets into an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
2. What does Huey make for Abby as a toy?
3. Karen is asked to go to the Coliseum to deal with what problem?
4. Will suggests that FBI take what action in order to find Abby?
5. What conclusion does Will come up with over and over again as his last resort to help his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
2. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
3. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
4. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
5. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
6. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
7. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
8. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
9. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
10. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)