|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abby is beginning to become ill because she ate what substance that Huey allowed her have?
(c) A whole box of cookies.
(d) Several bowls of Captain Crunch cereal.
2. Where does Hickey plan to take Karen first in order to get the police off their trail?
(a) A motel.
(b) The airport.
(c) To meet Will and Cheryl.
(d) The bus station.
3. Where does Cheryl tell Will that Abby is when they are able to speak on the phone?
(a) In another room in the hotel.
(b) That she is already dead.
(c) At home with Karen and Huey.
(d) In a cabin in the country.
4. Instead of shooting Abby, who does Hickey accidentally shoot?
(c) Special Agent Chalmers.
(d) Karen again.
5. What information leads to the eventual FBI knowledge that a kidnapping is actually occurring?
(a) The local police found the child.
(b) Will was able to contact the FBI.
(c) The phone company notified the FBI of the kidnapping.
(d) A bellboy identified Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
2. What information does Karen inform Will of when he calls her in Chapter 14?
3. Will is disappointed about what event at the bank?
4. Who is the first character which Hickey shoots?
5. When Hickey calls Cheryl, after she gave all known information to Will, what is Cheryl's next response?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
2. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
3. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
4. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
5. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
6. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
7. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
8. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
9. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
10. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)