|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
(a) Directly to Hickey.
(b) To a motel.
(c) Take it directly to the bank.
(d) To the cabin.
2. When Will finally takes off what does the FBI warn Will about?
(a) His pilot's license is in danger because he left without permission.
(b) Abby is extremely ill.
(c) Hickey has Karen held at gunpoint.
(d) Hickey has kidnapped another child.
3. Hickey is convinced that who called the FBI?
(c) The accountant.
(d) An airport security guard.
4. What is Will's reasoning as to why the FBI are following Hickey?
(a) Will admitts contacting the FBI.
(b) Karen went to the FBI.
(c) The McDills going to the FBI.
(d) The FBI were following a gut-feeling.
5. When Hickey calls Cheryl, after she gave all known information to Will, what is Cheryl's next response?
(a) She tells him Will raped her.
(b) She convinces him that everything is normal.
(c) She tells him to go ahead and kill Abby.
(d) She tells him that Will is hurting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hickey tell Will to stay after Hickey discovers how the FBI got their information about the kidnapping?
2. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
3. What does Huey leave behind in the cabin?
4. At the broker's office, what does Karen do?
5. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
2. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
3. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
4. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
6. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
7. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
8. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
9. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
10. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)