|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
(a) Who is the woman with Will.
(b) Where Abby is located.
(c) Why her family was targeted.
(d) How much ransom is.
2. Huey crashes his car into what object, as Will attempts to rescue Abby?
(a) A telephone pole.
(b) A stop sign.
(c) A tree.
(d) Another car.
3. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
(a) An omelet.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
4. In Hickey's scheme, what information does Cheryl confess to Will is different this time from all the other kidnappings?
(a) Cheryl is supposed to take Will to the ransom drop.
(b) Hickey has never had a family fight back like the Jennings.
(c) Hickey has never kidnapped a female child.
(d) Will is not able to communicate with Hickey or Huey.
5. Whose car is Cheryl able to recognize while she and Will are flying Will's plane?
(a) Hickey's pick-up truck.
(b) The McDill's family mini-van.
(c) Huey's Rambler.
(d) Karen's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will attempt to land the plane, as he tries to rescue his family?
2. Will suggests that FBI take what action in order to find Abby?
3. What conclusion does Will come up with over and over again as his last resort to help his family?
4. Where does Cheryl tell Will that Abby is when they are able to speak on the phone?
5. As Hickey and Karen are on the highway what does Hickey become aware of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
2. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
3. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
4. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
5. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
6. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
7. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
8. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
9. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
10. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)