|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Karen call to inform that Abby is in danger no matter what after she learns of Hickey's plans for revenge?
(b) Dr. McDill.
(d) The FBI.
2. Ferris reluctantly agrees to call the FBI under what condition?
(a) If they find the cabin.
(b) If they can find Hickey.
(c) If Cheryl gives Will more information.
(d) If Abby calls Karen again.
3. Who shows up at the Jennings's home before Karen and Hickey are able to leave for the accountant's office?
(a) Mrs. McDill.
(b) A FBI agent.
(c) Stephanie Morgan.
(d) Dr. McDill.
4. What does Huey leave behind in the cabin?
(a) His wallet.
(c) The ransom money.
(d) His cell phone.
5. What information leads to the eventual FBI knowledge that a kidnapping is actually occurring?
(a) A bellboy identified Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(b) Will was able to contact the FBI.
(c) The phone company notified the FBI of the kidnapping.
(d) The local police found the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Hickey and Karen are on the highway what does Hickey become aware of?
2. What method of locating Huey does Will think is the best once he discovers Abby's likely location?
3. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
4. What game does Abby convince Huey to play with her while in the cabin?
5. Huey crashes his car into what object, as Will attempts to rescue Abby?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
2. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
3. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
5. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
6. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
7. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
8. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
9. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
10. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)