|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
(a) Make arrangments to make sure Hickey will not be able to find him.
(b) To have him admitted to the psychiatric ward at the hospital.
(c) To not press charges against him.
(d) Will makes sure Huey is charged as much for the crime as Hickey would have been.
2. Who is the first character which Hickey shoots?
(b) Dr. McDill.
(c) Stephanie Morgan.
3. Karen, soon after learning about Hickey's plan for revenge, realizes what?
(a) Hickey is just interested in receiving his money.
(b) Hickey does not plan to return Abby unharmed.
(c) Hickey is planning to hurt Will.
(d) Hickey is all talk, but eventually will return Abby.
4. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
(a) How much ransom is.
(b) Why her family was targeted.
(c) Who is the woman with Will.
(d) Where Abby is located.
5. After Huey talks to Hickey, while at the airport Karen knows she must get to Abby to do what?
(a) Give her the proper medication.
(b) Get her away from Huey.
(c) Bring her to the hospital.
(d) Give her clean clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karen grabs the wheel of Hickey's car in order to cause what result as Will is trying to rescue his family?
2. Will suggests that FBI take what action in order to find Abby?
3. Where does Hickey plan to take Karen first in order to get the police off their trail?
4. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
5. As Hickey and Karen are on the highway what does Hickey become aware of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
2. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
3. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
4. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
5. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
6. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
7. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
8. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
9. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
10. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)