|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Karen and Hickey get dressed to go in the morning after the kidnapping occurs?
(a) To the local police station to report the kidnapping.
(b) The accountant's office to approve the money transfer.
(c) To the airport to meet Will and Cheryl.
(d) To the cabin where Abby and Huey are.
2. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
(a) He forces her to talk while at gunpoint.
(b) He threatens to murder her after Abby is returned.
(c) He ties her up and drugs her.
(d) He sleeps with her.
3. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
(a) He threatens to kill her.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He shoots her in the abdomen.
(d) He ties her up to a chair.
4. What does Will have to take with him as he leaves the bank?
(a) Special Agent Chalmer's gun.
(b) The GPS tracker.
(c) A fake ID.
(d) The ransom money.
5. What does Huey leave behind in the cabin?
(a) The ransom money.
(b) His cell phone.
(d) His wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Abby is discovered by Huey after she ran away, where is she taken?
2. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
3. In a last attempt to save Abby, in exchange for Cheryl's help what does Will offer her?
4. What game does Abby convince Huey to play with her while in the cabin?
5. Who is Cheryl most afraid of throughout the whole story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
2. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
3. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
4. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
6. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
7. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
8. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
9. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
10. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)