|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hickey is pulling into the airport, Hickey calls Huey, and Huey reports what information about Abby?
(a) Abby is dead.
(b) Abby has been in the bathroom a lot.
(c) Abby has been talking to Will on the cell phone.
(d) Abby has ran away.
2. What is Will's reasoning as to why the FBI are following Hickey?
(a) Will admitts contacting the FBI.
(b) The FBI were following a gut-feeling.
(c) Karen went to the FBI.
(d) The McDills going to the FBI.
3. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
(a) He shoots her in the abdomen.
(b) He ties her up to a chair.
(c) He threatens to kill her.
(d) He runs away.
4. Cheryl insists on returning to the burning plane in order to ____.
(a) End her life.
(b) Save the money Will gave her.
(c) Save Abby.
(d) Grab her purse.
5. What did Cheryl and Hickey do to the past men in Cheryl's life?
(a) They blackmailed them.
(b) They robbed them.
(c) They murdered them.
(d) They kidnapped their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Huey's car that slows his and Abby's progress?
2. Huey crashes his car into what object, as Will attempts to rescue Abby?
3. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
4. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
5. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
2. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
3. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
4. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
5. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
6. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
7. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
8. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
9. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
10. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)